SC Badges Not Picking Up

Blue Jay

Siren's Call: Vidiot maps labels explore badges named hangman, piratical, politician, broad shoulders, wasted resources, hot dog, still standing, and volatile. Having just arrived at the zone, I can only pick up hangman and piratical. I can see several of the others on the ground by my feet. I cannot pick up any of them besides the two.

Edited by Bluejay

Put into practice that which cannot be thought

Badges: Victory: 1345 Homecoming: 1596
Discord: Blue Jay#2187

❤️

Bluejays are fierce!

• Retired Game Master

I got politician, broad shoulders, hangman, and piratical which was enough to earn me the longbow warden badge.

I'm using, I believe, an older vidiots install. Those are the only badges mine shows.

I'll upgrade if needed and check back in.

"No, really. He's a GM. Don't ask me."

--The Entire Server, probably.

• Retired Game Master

So, here's the deal.

Badges 5, 6, 7, and 8, do not exist in Siren's Call. Yet.

Because apparently what is going on is Vidiot maps is showing a strangely prescient view of a possible future. Those badges may be there in the future, when an update happens.

But they aren't there now.

You should be able to get the first four just fine. I and two other have done so this very evening.

18 hours ago, GM Fiddleback said:

So, here's the deal.

Badges 5, 6, 7, and 8, do not exist in Siren's Call. Yet.

Because apparently what is going on is Vidiot maps is showing a strangely prescient view of a possible future. Those badges may be there in the future, when an update happens.

But they aren't there now.

You should be able to get the first four just fine. I and two other have done so this very evening.

Good to know as far as the 4 that aren't there. I'm still not sure why I can only pick up 2. Is all I can do, then, to keep going back to repeat useless fly-bys on the 2 I can't get?

❤️

Bluejays are fierce!

• Retired Game Master

Well, we had a server restart this morning, see if that's helped any.

Other than that, all I can suggest at this point is making very very sure you haven't already got them.  Which, I know we've talked about before, but I really can't see why I would be able to get them with no trouble and you wouldn't.

Problem solved. I was stuck in a loop of going to the same ones over and over and missing the two I was missing. I'm glad I'm at least not crazy about the map vs. the terrain. A couple of those seemed have had markers though they wouldn't pick up. Found my first bug/plot hole, but it's with vidiot. Still. Fun being at the forefront of something.

Thank you for finding out about the active vs inactive/nonexistent badges. ❤️ Fiddlesticks

Edited by Bluejay

❤️

Bluejays are fierce!