Murcielago

Just an observation on how cheap this market is.

8 hours ago, Heraclea said:

I am still my old hoarding self.  I carefully save just about all of my yellow and orange salvage in my bases.  I use a simple filing system: I look through each salvage rack until I find what I need.  I don't farm, or rather, I farm task forces rather than AE farms.  I am finally levelling a fire/DB brute, so that may change.  I don't play for inf, either in markets or in farms.  I mostly buy recipes and ATOs with merits, because I have the merits, and they seem pretty pricey to me at the AH.

I'm normally a terrible hoarder, both in games and in real life.  Fungibility changed that completely for me in Homecoming.  

Once I got over my fears of anyone trying to corner the salvage market, I sell it when I can and I buy it when I need it or will need it soon(tm).  Sometimes I'll buy a few thousand of salvage if I think someone's trying to make a run (I was very suspicious of whoever was buying tens of thousands of yellow salvage at 860), but in general I'll take my chances.

In general, I like to store my things in the AH.  Not necessarily in MY AH slots.  I'll get other people to hold them for me until I want to buy them!  STORE YOUR STORES IN THE STORE.

Edited by Yomo Kimyata

[NPC] Sorcerer: You won't find a better deal.
[NPC] Sorcerer: Your price is ridiculous!

They put SUPERHEROES in my trading game?!?

10 hours ago, Heraclea said:

I am still my old hoarding self.  I carefully save just about all of my yellow and orange salvage in my bases.  I use a simple filing system: I look through each salvage rack until I find what I need.  I don't farm, or rather, I farm task forces rather than AE farms.  I am finally levelling a fire/DB brute, so that may change.  I don't play for inf, either in markets or in farms.  I mostly buy recipes and ATOs with merits, because I have the merits, and they seem pretty pricey to me at the AH.

I put pretty much any salvage in SG storage (which every member has access to) unless I am using it or the bins are full (then it goes to AH).

Once I decide on a final build for a character, my marketing game is to see if I can come up with everything for it within 48 hours or less from whatever resources I have access to. I’m 5 for 5 so far.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

1 hour ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

STORE YOUR STORES IN THE STORE.

This is what I've arrived at as well.  I do keep three bins for high-level salvage and keep 8-9 pieces of each type in the white, yellow and orange bins.  This is just for convenience as I like to craft all the recipes that drop while farming, convert and sell them.  Then I refill anything that's low that I have on hand, ditch the rest and am ready for another farm run.  It's probably not efficient compared to just serial farming, but it's nice to have a break from it.

The only time I buy salvage is if I buy a set of 10 recipes with intent to convert them to something specific that sells well, or if I'm out of a rare for a purple or pvp recipe that dropped and I don't feel like waiting.

I remember the days on live of runs on specific useful salvage, and while I did some flipping myself just to see if I could, I don't miss it.  One thing I really like about HC is that there are ways to make money that are tied to doing something useful.  Farming and crafting the drops puts attuned IOs on the market, and that's good for everyone.

11 hours ago, Heraclea said:

I'm all about people doing whatever works for them. I would like to add though, if you buy purples with your merits, you can sell some of them between 20-25 million depending on the specific one and how long you wanna wait. So for 100 merits, you can get 1-3 ATOs.

I use my merits for converters generally since I convert stuff in volume, but since Heraclea doesn't seem to want to mess too much with the market, I suggested purples so less time is spent moving stuff around.