Best solo spec?

ceto555

Hiya folks,

I'm looking to create my first stalker, he will be used mainly to solo level to 50 and maybe do raids at end game. 99% of the time will be solo, can someone recommend a good build? I hate shield, so anything but that.

Thanks!

It's kind of tough to make a stalker that can't solo perfectly well. I'm rather fond of my mid-40s street justice/ice but it was a bit of an endurance hog til i got the refill power. And by a bit i mean even with set IOs from the moment I could start throwing them in and all the endurance management special IOs it was a rough ride. It's great fun now, though.

I would go with /SR, /EA or /Nin. I have not tried /ice so far.

I like Stalkers on Defense more than resistance based. If you get Stealth, Combat Jumping and the two IO with3% Defense early on, you will have a good time playing them all.

Super Reflexes: Very good positional defenses, easy to cap, +20%recharge and run speed, clicky antimez like shield

Energy Aura: Good overall defenses, vulnerable to psi, +20 % recharge, click heal, click endurance

Ninjitsu: Good posotional defenses, click heal, packet with a lot of utility that is good for solo survivability but sucks in groups

I made a overview of all stalker secondaries. Maybe it can help you choose the secondary

Stalker Secondaries

For the primary, since this will be the powers you will use most of the time i would say go for whatever is fun to you. They are all good enough. If you have a lot of money to spare you can buy the ATO procs and a gaus proc. Stalkers guile proc into Assasin strike, Assasin Mark into you T1 or T2 Power and gaus in the single slot of Buildup. ANY Primary will perform insanely good that way.

• Like 2

I'd go Elec/Shield, great positional def, decent s/l res and plenty of AoE in case you feel like upping your notoriety with more enemies. Lightning Rod and Shield Charge do not break Stealth so you can use both and then use AS on the enemy of your choice. You could even farm with this one if so you wish.

I had a pretty easy time leveling my Elec/Energy mostly solo. Was a breeze the whole way through, Stalkers usually do pretty well solo because you can decide how you want to tackle a mission. Doing either the stealth or rampage methods works depending on how much time you want to spend on a map.

I have a psi/Sr stalker that is positionally softcapped with excess defense values for incarnate content, and ~90% defense debuff resistance. It absolutely pwns pve content, to the point of not even waiting for hide, playing with scrapperlock, taking alphas so the tank doesn't die, and wrecking mobs left and right.

It's 1 (possibly 2, if you don't pay attention) caveats is/are:

1. Psi damage overall is great, except against robots, mind you it still gets the job done.

2. Mez protection is click based, so if not paying attention it can expire. That said you can stack it for double protection as well, and being soft capped most mezzing attacks won't be able to hit you either.

• 2 weeks later
On 8/10/2019 at 1:34 AM, SeraphimKensai said:

I have a psi/Sr stalker that is positionally softcapped with excess defense values for incarnate content, and ~90% defense debuff resistance. It absolutely pwns pve content, to the point of not even waiting for hide, playing with scrapperlock, taking alphas so the tank doesn't die, and wrecking mobs left and right.

You have a build posted of this?

How does Stalker do with Resist based secondaries ? I recently started a Staff/Rad and I was having a lot of trouble soloing with it. Honestly though I'm pretty sure my problem is being level 15 with no enhancements.... That being said will /rad be a good choice for a stalker ?

5 hours ago, Seigmoraig said:

How does Stalker do with Resist based secondaries ? I recently started a Staff/Rad and I was having a lot of trouble soloing with it. Honestly though I'm pretty sure my problem is being level 15 with no enhancements.... That being said will /rad be a good choice for a stalker ?

Resist-based Stalkers should do very well with Resist sets IF they have some options to add Defense, and ONCE you add in set bonuses for Defense. Staff is good since it has Parry, but you do need to add in some +RangedDef bonuses, and you can't really do that at level 15. Once you get to 25%+ in your Defenses and add the Resist behind them, they're tough. But until then, they're weaker than Defense-based Stalkers.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Liability said:

You have a build posted of this?

No, I typically don't post builds, as I don't want to limit someone else's creative freedom. If you use Mids Reborn and look at IO Set Bonuses, it becomes pretty apparent to what you need for your defenses, and what else is needed for your dps rotation.

Best of luck, it's really fun.