Macros for the Masses(and keybinds too!)

TrexelCat

I'm trying to create a chatbind with begin chat, that contains my global handle. Is there a $<variable> for that? Or should I just include it hardcoded? And I would like to send it to the supergroup channel.

/bind [key] “beginchat /sg [global handle] ”

Have to hardcode the global handle, and you want to leave the space at the end so you can just start typing

• Like 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

I'm trying to create a chatbind with begin chat, that contains my global handle. Is there a $<variable> for that? Or should I just include it hardcoded? And I would like to send it to the supergroup channel.

/bind [key] “beginchat /sg [global handle] ”

Have to hardcode the global handle, and you want to leave the space at the end so you can just start typing

THANK YOU!!!

• 4 weeks later

Does anyone know how to make a bind that executes a power on a target on click? To clarify, I'm working on a keybind for single-target heals.

My previous version was:

SHIFT+LBUTTON "powexecname Heal Other"

That worked...ish, but if I changed targets, it would behave erratically. What I'd like is to unselect previous targets, then select whoever I'm clicking and use the heal on them. I know how to add an unselect to the beginning, but I don't know the proper syntax for selecting my clicked target. I feel like I must be overlooking something simple here...

Does anyone know how to make a bind that executes a power on a target on click? To clarify, I'm working on a keybind for single-target heals.

My previous version was:

SHIFT+LBUTTON "powexecname Heal Other"

That worked...ish, but if I changed targets, it would behave erratically. What I'd like is to unselect previous targets, then select whoever I'm clicking and use the heal on them. I know how to add an unselect to the beginning, but I don't know the proper syntax for selecting my clicked target. I feel like I must be overlooking something simple here...

Maybe the problem is that Heal Other is Ally Targeted and if you stop to target a mob, you are no longer targeting an ally.

I think if you do an unselect command (if there is one), you could use it in the same bind...Maybe just press ESC first to unselect whoever you have selected (ally or mob) and then select who you want and fire the bind

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

-snip-

What I'd like is to unselect previous targets, then select whoever I'm clicking and use the heal on them. I know how to add an unselect to the beginning, but I don't know the proper syntax for selecting my clicked target. I feel like I must be overlooking something simple here...

Maybe the problem is that Heal Other is Ally Targeted and if you stop to target a mob, you are no longer targeting an ally.

I think if you do an unselect command (if there is one), you could use it in the same bind...Maybe just press ESC first to unselect whoever you have selected (ally or mob) and then select who you want and fire the bind

It's not so much about selecting mobs, as it is about selecting a different ally than the one I might have previously selected. Say I have Bob targeted. Sally is low on health, so I'd like to be able to shift+click Sally and heal her. The bind I listed usually needed a second click, or would sometimes heal Bob instead regardless of what I clicked.

I have the usual healer numpad binds (NUMPAD1 "unselect$$team_select 1$$powexec_name Heal Other"), but I'd like to have this one in case I'm in a rush or lose track of which number teammate someone is (which sounds silly, but my reaction times aren't what they once were, lol).

It's not so much about selecting mobs, as it is about selecting a different ally than the one I might have previously selected. Say I have Bob targeted. Sally is low on health, so I'd like to be able to shift+click Sally and heal her. The bind I listed usually needed a second click, or would sometimes heal Bob instead regardless of what I clicked.

I have the usual healer numpad binds (NUMPAD1 "unselect$$team_select 1$$powexec_name Heal Other"), but I'd like to have this one in case I'm in a rush or lose track of which number teammate someone is (which sounds silly, but my reaction times aren't what they once were, lol).

I got nothing.  The Numpad Bind works because the target is selected in the bind...but there wouldn't be a way to Unselect-PAUSE TO WAIT FOR SELECTION-Fire Power.  No matter how you slice it, it's going to have 2 parts...The earlier bind you references SHOULD work if you've clicked Sally prior to firing the bind, but if it isn't working, I'm no help

As for reaction times...I totally hear you...My 10 year old has faster reaction times than I do now...

• 1 month later
On 7/15/2019 at 6:38 AM, Killerhertz said:

This doesn't work. Something with the <> in the chat bar disables the ability to type in it.

Yep, I have tested this extensively. I remember this being an issue after I20 on live... not sure why it doesn't work anymore or gives us such a hard time.

(Wow.. this thread died.. keep posting macro's people! let's see what you have now. Where's that automation/creativity?)

- Xoza Shadow (@Xoza)

Ordo Imperialis / Xoza.net

Everlasting / Excelsior

Arconu1MqVyK.png | Yuri'ko9E28NED.png | Xoza8lnHKLt.png | Nebulum3f2lHyL.png | NovaeZOOTsRk.png | Nebulae9sfLlss.png | ChellnFRzS1G.png | Rayn7KPkl2C.png | MendalarafBfruXW.png | TesliaHPucq9J.png | CybernetBlbsQUx.png | Teras Kasih1GKuZo.png | ArcstalkerXdnlqXI.png | Bull RushNG0EFBL.png

My Costume Archive | My Characters & CreationsMy Binds/Macros | My Club

• 2 weeks later
On 6/10/2019 at 4:41 PM, justicebeliever said:

3rd question - I do not believe you can save macro's - just the binds...However, you can edit the macro and copy/paste the text into notepad, and then paste them into the next character you want to have that macro...

I write macros that I know I will use on multiple characters in Notepad++ (well I did until silly borderless windows stole my desktop), copy/paste from there, much quicker and you get to keep a copy of your macros by default (not when you remember).

On 7/12/2019 at 8:47 PM, justicebeliever said:

I have had this issue, in a slightly different context.

I run a trio of Fire/Kin Corruptors (via Multi-boxing), the two following characters will speed boost the main. No issue, On my main I have /macro "targetname <character name>$$powexecname speed boost". If I'm either targetting an enemy or nothing and have my mouse pointer "loose" (not looking around so it's visible on the screen) that macro needs to be pressed twice, once to target the character and once to fire the power. If however I have the mouse pointer in use (looking around, or mouse look toggled) I only need to press the macro once it targets and executes in one press.

Unselect is generally bound to Escape (think that's the default).

• 3 weeks later

Back on live I had a great keybind that has since been lost. I tapped the key & it would auto target my oil slick, it then shot the oil slick with my tazer dart and ignite the oil. Can anyone perhaps recreate this. WARNNING I am a compu-dunce, so please be gentle. Thank you in advance.  Love being back in this awsome game & incredable community. 

Deeds, not Words.

I just wanted to say a very big thank you for this binds and macros list. It's a huge help in getting my old binds back after creating a new character. (I hadn't done a default list yet and probably should given that I roleplay on all of my toons.)

Roleplaying mentor volunteer, and mentorship contributor.

Chatrange Popmenu/Where to find me/Beginners Links

blinkiesCafe-Ov.gif.461b52017365412a34160eb002f74cfe.gif

I'm trying to work out a binding for Mystic Flight and gotten it to work somewhat.  My problem is with the flight pose.

/bind BUTTON4 "++autorun$$powexec_name Mystic_Flight"

This works.  Use my mouse button 4 to launch off and fly, then again to stop flight and movement.  However, if I add a Flypose to it

/macro Fly1 "++autorun$$powexec_name Mystic_Flight$$em Flypose1" 

The Flypose doesn't take effect until after I stop, and kinda looks stupid.  I've tried moving Flypose1 to just before Mystic_Flight, and before autorun, but it still falls at the very end. 

Any other ideas?  

😎 Eric the Grey

19 minutes ago, Eric the Grey said:

The Flypose doesn't take effect until after I stop, and kinda looks stupid.  I've tried moving Flypose1 to just before Mystic_Flight, and before autorun, but it still falls at the very end. 

Any other ideas?  

The issue with the fly poses is, AFAIK, they only take affect once you are moving.  If I bind the fly pose command to a separate key, then press it while I'm in motion, then it works fine.  Perhaps try binding it to W or whatever key you're using to move forward.

12 hours ago, biostem said:

The issue with the fly poses is, AFAIK, they only take affect once you are moving.  If I bind the fly pose command to a separate key, then press it while I'm in motion, then it works fine.  Perhaps try binding it to W or whatever key you're using to move forward.

Yea, that seems to be it.  Thanks.

😎 Eric the Grey

On 10/8/2019 at 7:10 PM, one eye archer said:

Back on live I had a great keybind that has since been lost. I tapped the key & it would auto target my oil slick, it then shot the oil slick with my tazer dart and ignite the oil. Can anyone perhaps recreate this. WARNNING I am a compu-dunce, so please be gentle. Thank you in advance.  Love being back in this awsome game & incredable community. 

Probably something like:

/bind <key> "target_custom_near mypet oil_slick$$powexec_name tazer"

You'd have to check both the name for the Oil Slick (which is a proto-pet IIRC) and Tazer, and you might have to hit the button twice (see my previous post), once to target and once to fire.

Anyone know the Macro for melee attacks that follows your target first?

I figure I'd replace all my melee attacks with Macros instead.

I'm sure I saw someone mention it before, but I can't find it...

I've been sticking to range characters because of how annoying it is to be slightly out of range for your attack to go off. Thought this might make it much better!

4 hours ago, Daemon Creed said:

Anyone know the Macro for melee attacks that follows your target first?

I would assume it'd be something like:

/macro macroname "powexecname nameofpowerhere$$follow"

The issue is that while the macro would indeed follow the target, it would simply return an error unless you were in range for the associated power to activate...

• 1 month later
4 hours ago, FACPOV said:

Need help with a macro, please.

I want a macro that will activate and toss my Caltrops at my feet or maybe just in front of me.

I got it to work, more or less.

/macro C "powexeclocation me Caltrops"

It works on my Defender who has Traps/ and my Corruptor who has /Traps. It is not, however, working for my Blaster who is /Devices.

For the Blaster, it puts a red ring around the Caltrops power button, as if it is a power queued up and waiting to go, but it doesn't activate.