Badge Patrol

xyzzysqrl

We are, without a doubt, in the luckiest place we could be regarding City of Heroes. Fresh servers, alignment shifting and Oroborous means any content in the game is an open door, there's enough people around to run task forces, everything is grand. There's just endless missions and content stretching out as far as we can see.

I've been running around getting exploration badges, and I can't really answer the question of "Why?"

In part it's because I love the little "bwing!" noise of getting one. In part it's because they take me back to places I haven't been able to go (for obvious reasons) and remind me why I was there to begin with. And in part it's just because ... Man. Badges! Who didn't want shiny title-granting badges?

I'm afraid sometime between the last time I played and now, my latent badge hunting mutation surfaced. I'm already thinking about those rare "Master Of" badges...

Anyone else out there on badge patrol?

Badges are basically the proto-form of Achievements. And damn if I don't spend hours in other games trying to collect as many achievements as I can. And it all started with CoX's badges.

I think badges are just more fun and interesting than achievements, particularly exploration badges. They're a neat little world-building trick that rewards just travelling around.

I love badges...I LOVE BADGES! I've dreamt about badge collecting since the game shuttered.

You're right, OP, that beautiful badge notification animation is addicting. And then, THEN, I get to read about the badge! It's beautiful.

I typically collect badges to either get the title, or to top off a level. Or to explore.

Badges and Achievements (WoW) are one of my most favourite MMO things!

Decided to go out badge-patroling in Atlas Park Echo today, since people are having problems finding the badges.

Trustworthy:

The large green crystal in the MAGI office, /loc -129.2 -783.8 -805.4

Knowledgeable:

In the GIFT office, between the third and fourth rows of bookshelves. /loc 43.4 -783.8 -1000.8

Virtuous:

Feet of the statue in Prometheus Park's lake. (Thank you, EmperorSteele!) /loc 965.1 -26.7 -753.7

Rookie:

Base of the stairs out of the Atlas Park plaza, where a new character would spawn. /loc 127.4 0.3 -111.3

Condemned:

There's a brown brick building 289 yards NE of the Atlas Plaza marker, the badge is on the overhanging roof above a pair of double-doors on this building. /loc -543.0 15.8 -900.3

Resilient:

102 yards east of the marker for Hyperion Way, there's a tall boxy chunky piece of modern art sitting in a downstairs area. Climb those boxes and the badge sits on the topmost box. /loc -1471.4 56.8 -564.0

Out of Harm's Way:

264 yards North of the Promethous Park marker, in an east-west traffic tunnel/underpass. /loc 1150.1 0.0 -1597.5

City Traveller:

Inside the Paragon Transit Station, in the west alcove. /loc 581.5 74.0 -1363.4

For completing all of these, I specifically got the "Walked Down Memory Lane" badge. I also got "The Constant" as well, but I'm unsure if that was coincidental timing as that was when I got 100 badges.

I hope this guide helps everyone out there tour Echo: Atlas Park and maybe find some familiar old haunts. If it really helped you, drop an in-game email to @xyzzysqrl and let me know.

Happy badging!

Decided to go out badge-patroling in Atlas Park Echo today, since people are having problems finding the badges. I'll be editing this post as I find them.

Trustworthy:

The large green crystal in the MAGI office, /loc -129.2 -783.8 -805.4

Knowledgeable:

In the GIFT office, between the third and fourth rows of bookshelves. /loc 43.4 -783.8 -1000.8

Virtuous:

Feet of the statue in Prometheus Park's lake. (Thank you, EmperorSteele!) /loc 965.1 -26.7 -753.7

Rookie:

Base of the stairs out of the Atlas Park plaza, where a new character would spawn. /loc 127.4 0.3 -111.3

All the zone pages on ParagonWiki also have the badges listed on the bottom. Also note: If you are a Rogue, the badges have different names and descriptions!

All the zone pages on ParagonWiki also have the badges listed on the bottom. Also note: If you are a Rogue, the badges have different names and descriptions!

I don't see a Paragon Wiki page for Echo: Atlas Park. If I'm duplicating someone else's work, let me know and I'll drop it. Also, you're right, someone on a rogue character will have to verify these and give the altered names and descriptions. I didn't think about that.

I don't see a Paragon Wiki page for Echo: Atlas Park. If I'm duplicating someone else's work, let me know and I'll drop it. Also, you're right, someone on a rogue character will have to verify these and give the altered names and descriptions. I didn't think about that.

Is that a new one for i24/i25? I don't think ParagonWiki has been updated since CoH shuttered.

Is that a new one for i24/i25? I don't think ParagonWiki has been updated since CoH shuttered.

I believe this zone is new in i24/25. Upthread a few people were complaining the badges weren't in the same place as they were in "current" Atlas Park, so I decided to go skim around and see what I could find.

I had a nearly complete badge collection (missed one Veteran badge as I didnt start playing until game was about 4 months old, and a few other villain ones).

I will be hunting badges again soon.... :)

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

I believe this zone is new in i24/25. Upthread a few people were complaining the badges weren't in the same place as they were in "current" Atlas Park, so I decided to go skim around and see what I could find.

Correct. The Wiki doesn't have Echo: AP.

Thanks for finding and documenting those badges!

The danger in obsessing too early is that I'm just not setup yet with toons that can do serious badge work. I need to get to level 50 first, that's the goal (no powerleveling) with at least one toon; then I can think about what a badge-getting machine might look like and how to jump in with both feet to get all of them (that don't involve farming or things now impossible do to game changes).

Svengjuk, Formerly Alice, Empty Man, EM Riptide, Silver Mouse, and many more... SG: Hero Dawn