Can Ill/Rad Farm?

Bishido

LOL those old Ice / Rad videos. Talk about a build that struggled!

But yes, as you can see, it is technically possible even for one of the lowest damage, hardest to moderate endurance builds to still succeed at +0x8.

Note that that build wasn't actually customized for farming, hence the /Psi ancillary pool. That was the general mission build (with Psi to keep Indom Will from dropping and detoggling Arctic Air.) I suspect if I had built for actual damage, perhaps with Ice/rad/Fire I could do a lot better. Also, the new proc rules would have helped this build a lot.

Edited by oedipus_tex
  • Like 1

What's interesting is that back then Ice Control had possibly the easiest time running the Fire Farm in order to self-power-level. The trick was that Arctic Air and Ice Slick dont have a true target cap, so you can handle many hundreds of enemies at once without dying. This was before the days of kb to kd IOs in Bonfire.

Unfortunately in the resurrected game, Ice Control is in a far different and less enviable position. Hoping on some adjustments to it in the future. I always loved Arctic Air and wish it could get some love (for example, like the Blaster secondary toggles, it should no longer detoggle when you are mezzed). 

1 hour ago, 5099y_74c05 said:

I think it was in another thread regarding Ice/TA the devs hinted at both sets getting looked at in issue 25 or beyond. You were overjoyed....still looking for the darn Jolting Chain test thread; I just saw it recently

@Bishido If making influence is your goal, play the market or roll whatever the FotM Farmer is at the moment. You will be better off than trying to farm with Ill/Rad/* IMO

Oddly enough, someone just posted it in another thread: https://web.archive.org/web/20120905153152/http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?t=235533