Art/Commission Sharing Thread

Here are some sketchbook drawings I've done here and there while designing my many CoH versions of Topaz, the main character from the fantasy comic I write and illustrate (there is one official panel included below).  She's an energy mage and has iterations as nearly every AT, trying different powersets to get a feel for different sides of her character and powers.  My primary version, Topaz Far-Strider, is an Energy/Martial/Fire Blaster and leader of my SG, the Hot Lances.  However she's been many Gravity controllers and Dominators through the years, and a fair few Scrappers as well.  Grav/Kinetic, Grav/Energy, Grav/Psi, Kinetic Melee/Energy Aura....  Definitely looking forward to making her as a Gravity/Sonic Dom when the new stuff drops. 

If you're curious, you can check out the source material, Tales from the Sixth Sun - - -

Webtoon

Books

Instagram

I actually can't believe it's taken me three years to find out there was an art section of this forum!  Everything looks great, I love seeing everyone's drawings and commissions of their characters.  I used to do character commissions when the game was first live (and I was ...15? drawing with 100 prismacolor markers), mostly for people through GameAmp forums if anyone else remembers that one!  I mostly did them for in-game items lol

Enjoy!

Sk_098_012.thumb.jpg.9382dc911cd22eec06e9664f83951899.jpgSk_097_004.thumb.jpg.f0a3ba2c043d0e3c2c6a3fac5b0b891d.jpgSk_094_006.thumb.jpg.18f6b2cd0202bc23f0133899868c4b5c.jpg

1809131108_ScreenShot2022-05-24at12_38_53PM.png.b383fefcfbb48f5cd37d8cdb28ab5975.png

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 5

I just finished this piece of my Invuln/SJ tanker, Rick the Brick. He was my last toon I had in the Before Times just before shutdown. The art I did of him then was... not good. I like to think I've improved a bit in the last 11 years. 😁

458587253_rickthebrick.thumb.png.bd3aab5e09878d3ba88f0febd5ee37ee.png

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 3

spacer.png

The captain and his siren.

I have been a bit busy lately with trying to practice and honing on my lines and coloring with watercolors. I should probably ink this one, but I'm waiting until I can afford some decent pens that won't bleed into the watercolored sections of my work.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

Roleplaying mentor volunteer, and mentorship contributor.

Chatrange Popmenu/Where to find me/Beginners Links

blinkiesCafe-Ov.gif.461b52017365412a34160eb002f74cfe.gif

6 hours ago, Sable Phoenix said:

3D printed Mastermind Demonling?  That's amazing!  Did you sculpt the 3d model yourself?  Which software did you use?

Yes, modeled it myself. I used Zbrush for modeling and Lychee slicer for the print.

• 2 weeks later

I've been taking a beginning drawing class and it got me sketching out some of my toons. I first created them in Hero Forge and then sketched based off of that; I like the stylized look and the different poses I can get.

Presented are: Orson (Thermal/Energy Defender), Norina (Earth/Ice Blaster), and Camalos (Street Justice/Super Reflexes Scrapper)

IMG_0060a.thumb.jpg.eb5d288bf7ed9cc2d97fed9bc0519ac7.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'd like to repost a very old commission I got from the awesome Graver, back on Live.  

This is the 'origin piece' to my Mastermind, Dame Demolition.  When we discussed the piece, I told Graver how she'd come about, the accident that resulted in dismemberment, and the process she underwent to rebuild herself after Crey denied her workman's comp claim.  And he asked, "So which scene do you want illustrated, her as a villain, the accident, or the 'training montage' bit?" He'd sent me sketches to all three, and I said, well, um, could we do all three? two as a backdrop to the main piece?  

And this is the result: "Fatal Error" by Graver.  I have the original, and it is one of my most treasured pieces of art.

DameDemolition.Fatal_Error.graver.jpg

Edited by MistressOhm
  • Like 11
  • Thumbs Up 2

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

This is one that was done by an old SG mate, back around 2006. Sadly so much time has passed that I have forgotten his name. He was a professional artist, and had worked on a few games at the time.  With his permission, I colorized the art, and used it as my thumbnail on the old forums, and re used it here as well.

apoc.jpg.265d520e918b04158f8b9c16e70ded77.jpg

he also did a few for some other SG mates,  but I only have the thumbnail versions of those.

atomicfalloutthumb.jpg.ff8436f00d5c680d4730161ada0979b1.jpgdarkdevourer_thumb.jpg.268a96cbf496eef70158a0940c074121.jpgkaarsthumb.jpg.9373d693eb9bb0512d3ab71eeec810a9.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 2