Farm fresh builds! *Farming focused builds and tips*

Warlawk

On 10/5/2021 at 12:31 PM, SuperPlyx said:

Couple of things I found that helped. Was proc out irradiated Ground. I also proc out Atom Smasher and Blazing Aura, but those are not as important as Irradiated Ground.

Secondly try to get your accuracy over 95%. It can make a big difference between seeing alot of "deflected" or not.

How did you get MIDS to display accuracy for Irradiated Ground?  (and other combat numbers)

Edited by DarknessEternal

7 hours ago, DarknessEternal said:

How did you get MIDS to display accuracy for Irradiated Ground?  (and other combat numbers)

I was replying to a poster about improving their farm build. And was telling them that improving over all accuracy for all powers had helped me. 

Irradiated Ground is a pseudo-pet power and as such has no Accuracy numbers.

What other combat numbers do you mean?  

@DarknessEternal I am not 100% sure what damage numbers you are looking for but here goes:

The first place to look is here, lots of useful info:

infobox.jpg.4df6c26b294344f1b022891c0658d163.jpg

But one thing to take into account is how you have Mid's set up in the config options. I use a base to-hit value of 39. But Mids comes set to 75.

Also you can change which numbers it shows by changing Damage per Activation, Damage per Second or Damage per Animation.:

vewbox.jpg.44165b7625c8382cdb2f336dfbe36b51.jpg

Changing these options will will change what the numbers it gives are.

Another window I use sometimes is this one:

dpsbox.jpg.6788c088ffbc4ff689876b8ee684bca1.jpg

Found here:

dpsopt.jpg.ce561330ae656a7fcd0b69fa1aa2a5fd.jpg

On 8/7/2019 at 3:02 AM, Warlawk said:

When you turn off XP at level 50 you get bonus influence, contrary to what you commonly hear bandied about it is not double influence. I believe the Xp you would normally get is added as influence, but I haven't ever stopped to do the math and verify that (See Statement #1). For this method to work, you need your Disable Earning XP setting on "Earn XP". Then you change your XP While Exemplared setting to "Double Influence, No XP". This will actually double your influence and makes farming at level 49 more profitable than farming at 50. You still keep your settings at +4x8 and fight level 53 enemies. Purple recipes still drop and I have not noticed a reduction in drop rates. The difference in Inf values is as follows.

this should be removed, since the inf option was disable awhile ago now.

• 3 weeks later

Since -res procs of the same one can't stack, is using two of the same -res proc in the listed faster farmer Rad/fire ideal slotting or would a damage proc be better?

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

On 1/13/2022 at 6:43 PM, jeolman1 said:

I have just recently returned to playing since live servers went dark. I am currently re-leveling my former main. Bots/Dark MM. I also am working on my old farming toon. I used that build to fully io/purple out 7 different toons via its raw farming power. It was literally my Brute force farming tool.

My Build was a EM/Stone brute. My farming was done outside via dragging enemies. The toon was able to tank indefinitely without the prospect of death (I was always at agro limit), I farmed with it and constantly upgraded the sets. once it was done. a couple of weeks of playtime would net me all the funds and or recipes/salvage to complete another. I was in the process of kiting out my 8th toon when server went dark. I am currently also trying the same build as SS/stone. because my friend had that build and it did slightly more damage, though being slightly less survivable. The SS build takes a bit more user input, but seemed to get drops faster due to increased kill rate.

here are the builds i came up with again using the current power set configs for issue 27. I admit, I am a bit rusty, so there may be room for improvement

Big Vato - Super Strength.mxd 4.97 kB · 0 downloads big vato Energy Melee.mxd 5.26 kB · 0 downloads

You do yourself no favors by farming with anything/Stone. Being unkillable is no reason since all farming characters are immortal (heck. I sometimes PL an alt using  a claws/bio scrapper which is considered pretty squishy, and it never dies).

If you are having fun or use it for everything, then sure. But farming alone? The initial post has a lot of information and you can try comparing times.

13 hours ago, jeolman1 said:

I was merely showing an alternative. my method works great because it requires no missions, or teams to work.  As a matter of fact, I macroed/key binded it, and it ran in a scripted loop up in the north of Grandville, unattended while I was off at work farming real dollars, that was the beauty of it. I have also done the fire/fire blaster mega build as well, but you have to be active for it to work.

You realize that scripting is against the TOS and will get you perma banned right?

• 1 month later

Ice/Fire scrapper build I dinked around with, not built yet.  I like how it came out.

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Natural Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Ice Melee
Secondary Power Set: Fiery Aura
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Weapon Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Ice Sword -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(5), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(7)
Level 1: Fire Shield -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(7), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(9), GldArm-3defTpProc(11)
Level 2: Blazing Aura -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(11), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(13), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15)
Level 4: Healing Flames -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(15), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(17), Prv-Heal/Rchg(17), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(19), Prv-Absorb%(19)
Level 6: Build Up -- AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(21), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(21), AdjTrg-ToHit(23), AdjTrg-Rchg(23)
Level 8: Ice Patch -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 10: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 12: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 14: Tough -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(25), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(25)
Level 16: Plasma Shield -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(27), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(27)
Level 18: Greater Ice Sword -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), Hct-Acc/Rchg(29), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Hct-Dam%(31)
Level 20: Cross Punch -- SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(34)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(34)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(34)
Level 26: Freezing Touch -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(36), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(37)
Level 28: Burn -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Arm-Acc/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Arm-Dam%(39), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(40)
Level 30: Frost -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(42), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(42)
Level 32: Frozen Aura -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(45)
Level 35: Fiery Embrace -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 38: Caltrops -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(45), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(46), PstBls-Dam%(46), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), TmpRdn-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(48)
Level 41: Shuriken -- Empty(A)
Level 44: Exploding Shuriken -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(48), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(50), Rgn-Knock%(50), Ann-ResDeb%(50)
Level 47: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Grant Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- Empty(A)
------------

Standard Incarnates, just to lazy to add or to your flavor.

1. Ice Patch -> Caltrops -> Burn -> Frozen Aura -> Exploding Shuriken with Burning Aura in the back round

2. They can't run, KD keeps counters the fear effect of Burn

3. They pin prick to death, to help slow them from running if KD from Ice patch isn't

4. BBQ over an open flame

5. Frozen to death before exploding projectile in their face

6. Profit! Rinse Repeat.

Only thing I am not sure on is the slotting on the scrapper ATO enhancements to get maximum effect.  Probably a few slots could be moved around but it looks good as it is.

You can't really AFK with it, its an active farmer and you could probably make 5 keybinds around WASD keys reduce strain on your wrist.

Thinking it needs custom maps, office or cave.  Need to herd stuff and channel it to the ice patch out of LoS to reduce ranged attack damage since its scrapper resist cap and it doesn't have the taunt factor of brutes or tanks, hence the LOS with tight channeling to kill stuff.

Frost for an extra cone, deploy the above and as they burn hop back. Recycle the attacks.  Decent single target to take out boss or EB, cross punch if you like the animation and its cool anyway.

• Like 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

14 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

Ice/Fire scrapper build I dinked around with, not built yet.  I like how it came out.

Hide contents

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Natural Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Ice Melee
Secondary Power Set: Fiery Aura
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Weapon Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Ice Sword -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(5), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(7)
Level 1: Fire Shield -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(7), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(9), GldArm-3defTpProc(11)
Level 2: Blazing Aura -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(11), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(13), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15)
Level 4: Healing Flames -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(15), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(17), Prv-Heal/Rchg(17), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(19), Prv-Absorb%(19)
Level 6: Build Up -- AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(21), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(21), AdjTrg-ToHit(23), AdjTrg-Rchg(23)
Level 8: Ice Patch -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 10: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 12: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 14: Tough -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(25), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(25)
Level 16: Plasma Shield -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(27), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(27)
Level 18: Greater Ice Sword -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), Hct-Acc/Rchg(29), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Hct-Dam%(31)
Level 20: Cross Punch -- SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(34)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(34)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(34)
Level 26: Freezing Touch -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(36), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(37)
Level 28: Burn -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Arm-Acc/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Arm-Dam%(39), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(40)
Level 30: Frost -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(42), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(42)
Level 32: Frozen Aura -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(45)
Level 35: Fiery Embrace -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 38: Caltrops -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(45), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(46), PstBls-Dam%(46), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), TmpRdn-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(48)
Level 41: Shuriken -- Empty(A)
Level 44: Exploding Shuriken -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(48), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(50), Rgn-Knock%(50), Ann-ResDeb%(50)
Level 47: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Grant Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- Empty(A)
------------

Standard Incarnates, just to lazy to add or to your flavor.

1. Ice Patch -> Caltrops -> Burn -> Frozen Aura -> Exploding Shuriken with Burning Aura in the back round

2. They can't run, KD keeps counters the fear effect of Burn

3. They pin prick to death, to help slow them from running if KD from Ice patch isn't

4. BBQ over an open flame

5. Frozen to death before exploding projectile in their face

6. Profit! Rinse Repeat.

Only thing I am not sure on is the slotting on the scrapper ATO enhancements to get maximum effect.  Probably a few slots could be moved around but it looks good as it is.

You can't really AFK with it, its an active farmer and you could probably make 5 keybinds around WASD keys reduce strain on your wrist.

Thinking it needs custom maps, office or cave.  Need to herd stuff and channel it to the ice patch out of LoS to reduce ranged attack damage since its scrapper resist cap and it doesn't have the taunt factor of brutes or tanks, hence the LOS with tight channeling to kill stuff.

Frost for an extra cone, deploy the above and as they burn hop back. Recycle the attacks.  Decent single target to take out boss or EB, cross punch if you like the animation and its cool anyway.

I love my ice/fire scrapper.  I think if you are farming with him then putting the +50% critical proc ATO in burn will work out better with the order of your AoEs.  Since burn can't crit it would be the perfect place to trigger it and then let you get some nice crits from frozen aura, shuriken, and frost to follow up.  You could move arma/fury to frozen aura and it should be good since it hits more targets.

• 3 months later

I just got my elec melee/ elec armour and mu mastery toon to 50 with the idea of using it to farm just as something different to fire. I'm looking to use it for fire farming and was wondering if anyone had a money is no issue build for it if possible, been toying around in mids for a while but im not good at coming up with builds from scratch.

• 4 weeks later
On 8/7/2019 at 6:02 AM, Warlawk said:

I spent some time digging through damage logs in Herostats and Burn is woefully overrated. It doesn't put out nearly as much damage as you would think it does. This led me to doing a little reevaluation of the priority that I was using for my attacks. Since I have everything set to just be fired by the macro it's not a rotation per se so much as just the order I have them in my power bar and the macro runs through in order. I'm still going to call them rotations because it's a familiar term and... see Statement #1. I'm including the rotations I used for each build while running the earnings tests.

Rad: Ball Lightning, Burn, Electrified Fences, AS

Is this really the entirety of the rotation for a Rad/Fire farmer? Are Radioactive Smash and Boxing just slotted as mules and see no actual use? 

Additionally, as previously mentioned the OP has not been on the forum for a long time - are these guides and rotations still optimal? 

Edited by thunder_crane

On 7/26/2022 at 9:41 AM, thunder_crane said:

Are Radioactive Smash and Boxing just slotted as mules and see no actual use? 

Yep, as is the slotting in other powers.

Doesn't mean a power is of no use beyond the slotting, you'll see Taunt and Consume fully slotted to chase Fire Defense and Recharge while Summon Striker is getting that 6.25% Recharge.

It is an older thread.

The build shown is still a very strong one. It is also pretty intense and very expensive. There has been some discussion on proc slotting for Burn and Irradiated Ground but that could throw off a build's overall recharge.

Do folks need a build so intense.. nah.

There are relatively cheap builds that will do the job and can be more fun.

As to rotation, the damage auras are also busy doing their thing. I like to change it up a bit. Why be wasting Burn on minions and such, maybe AoE, then lay down the Burn. How dialed in a rotation is and the endurance situation could determine how much free styling is appropriate.

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• 3 weeks later

Was making a silly vid for a Sitters Guide joke post with the camera locked on a new alt I was leveling up. As I was reviewing the recording it dawned on me I could track the character's leveling rate and use that as a method to compare farms, farming styles, builds, etc.

The graph below was generated from a run by my Rad / Fire / Soul brute using my Scorch Town Circus fire farm. A single run with just him and an alt will take that alt from 1 - 36 in 45-50 minutes. He's not as tweaked out as some builds I've seen, but he's T4d everywhere and works for me for farming and content.

Not sure if this is useful to anyone else, but I figured I'd share as a data point for the community.

image.png.822a57b70581556060231dba0ef38bed.png

Raw data:

Time Level
0:00:00 1
0:00:23 2
0:00:27 3
0:00:54 4
0:00:56 5
0:01:00 6
0:01:18 7
0:01:33 8
0:01:39 9
0:01:48 10
0:02:15 11
0:02:37 12
0:02:55 13
0:03:29 14
0:04:09 15
0:04:58 16
0:05:33 17
0:06:35 18
0:07:46 19
0:09:00 20
0:10:26 21
0:11:56 22
0:13:35 23
0:15:30 24
0:17:44 25
0:19:32 26
0:21:24 27
0:23:05 28
0:25:24 29
0:27:55 30
0:30:37 31
0:33:27 32
0:36:03 33
0:39:19 34
0:42:58 35
0:46:43 36
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later
On 8/15/2022 at 7:07 AM, Dark Current said:

Was making a silly vid for a Sitters Guide joke post with the camera locked on a new alt I was leveling up. As I was reviewing the recording it dawned on me I could track the character's leveling rate and use that as a method to compare farms, farming styles, builds, etc.

The graph below was generated from a run by my Rad / Fire / Soul brute using my Scorch Town Circus fire farm. A single run with just him and an alt will take that alt from 1 - 36 in 45-50 minutes. He's not as tweaked out as some builds I've seen, but he's T4d everywhere and works for me for farming and content.

Not sure if this is useful to anyone else, but I figured I'd share as a data point for the community.

image.png.822a57b70581556060231dba0ef38bed.png

Raw data:

Time Level
0:00:00 1
0:00:23 2
0:00:27 3
0:00:54 4
0:00:56 5
0:01:00 6
0:01:18 7
0:01:33 8
0:01:39 9
0:01:48 10
0:02:15 11
0:02:37 12
0:02:55 13
0:03:29 14
0:04:09 15
0:04:58 16
0:05:33 17
0:06:35 18
0:07:46 19
0:09:00 20
0:10:26 21
0:11:56 22
0:13:35 23
0:15:30 24
0:17:44 25
0:19:32 26
0:21:24 27
0:23:05 28
0:25:24 29
0:27:55 30
0:30:37 31
0:33:27 32
0:36:03 33
0:39:19 34
0:42:58 35
0:46:43 36

Would be nice to see a post Update set of data out of curiosity sake.

On 8/7/2019 at 5:02 AM, Warlawk said:
  Inf Per Minute Inf Per Hour Clear Time
Rad/Fire (New) 2,300,107 138,006,431 23:20
Spines/Fire 2,295,431 137,725,907 21:59
Rad/Fire (Old) 2,288,810 137,328,603 Unavailable
Savage/Fire 2,250,996 135,059,786 22:28
Claws/Fire (Farm) 2,170,498 130,229,936 23:14
Claws/Fire (Content) 2,105,686 126,341,219 24:38
Elec/Fire 2,010,323 120,619,380 25:02

The clear times listed above start once loaded into the first mission but before moving or activating anything and end when the Exit button is clicked at the end of mission 5. This does include load times out and back into missions throughout the arc.

Both the Rad and Spines are complete, full builds with full T4 incarnates (Assault, Ion, Carnies Radial, Reactive, Ageless and Musculature).

Switched both Rad and Spines to Degenerative T4 and they both saw small increases of less than 100K.

I am only looking at the Rad/fire (new) and the Spines/Fire. 

Something doesn't add up for me. And I could certainly be wrong. When I tested earlier this month the Brigg's Asteroid Map, when I cleared the map, I got the same influence each time. I don't know which map you're using that would take 20+ minutes, but I'm curious as to why the clear time for Spines is faster, but somehow you earned less inf? 

If the number of mobs on each of the maps was the same, with a faster clear time, the spines/fire should have a higher inf/minute. 

Do we know enough about the spawns on maps to conclude they have the same number of mobs, or even the same class of mobs? Outside of AE, for example, the last mission to rescue Mr. Yin, sometimes there may be 1 boss, or 3 minions, or sometimes 1 lieutenant and 1 minion. 
Is that the way the AE Maps work as well?  It's a very minor thing, I was just curious. 

On 8/23/2022 at 3:59 PM, Sanguinesun said:

Would be nice to see a post Update set of data out of curiosity sake.

If I get some time tomorrow, I'll rerun my farm and compare. From my quick look at it in the editor, I believe the total reward will be lower by 20% post-page 4. But we'll see with an actual in-game test.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Dark Current said:

If I get some time tomorrow, I'll rerun my farm and compare. From my quick look at it in the editor, I believe the total reward will be lower by 20% post-page 4. But we'll see with an actual in-game test.

Ok, i got a chance to rerun the same farm with the same character.

For the record, this is my own farm I made a couple years ago and have been using to level alts, etc. As I showed above, I could guaranteed get from 1 - 36 in a single run that took around 45 min (carnie outdoor map). The mobs are all custom and had a mix of ranged and melee attacks that maxed their xp at 100% per mob at level 50.

After the Page 4 changes to AE mob rewards, I was only able to get a character from 1 - 29.

So 7 FEWER levels. Took around the same amount of time as earlier, so the changes to aggro didn't help much with speed (to be expected considering a solid farming build mows through spawns pretty quickly before aggro on neighbor groups even matters).

I went into my mob editor and see that most of my once 100% mobs (minions, lieus, and bosses) are now only worth 79% while my 100% EB is at 90%  Again, they have a mix of ranged and melee, so I wasn't cheesing the farm with all ranged or gimped custom attacks. E.G. my bosses have Incinerate, Combustion, Blaze, Scorch and Fire Blast

The only way I can get them back up to 100% is to add Build Up / Fiery Embrace to every single mob.

So what does it all mean? Well if I want to restore the xp / mob value to 100% I will certainly have to increase the damage output of the farm. Probably not dramatically enough that I'll suddenly be unable to complete a solo run. But enough that I'll have to compensate for it.

Does that by itself upset me? No, not really. HOWEVER, it is a NERF to AE whether you farm or not. Even though an AE mob was already rewarding 1/2 xp to a door mission mob, you now need to make all of them more dangerous than a typical mob just to get the same reduced reward you were getting for years.

Meanwhile, all the patch notes provide is a sanitized ("normalized") accusatory ("bare-minimum") list:

Custom Enemy Changes

• Power point values for all Custom Enemy powers have been normalized. Some powersets in the same category were set below standard point values and some were set above.
  • This means existing AE arcs may need adjusting if any custom enemies were using the bare-minimum power selection for max rewards with powersets that were above the standard values for that type.
  • Primary sets now have lower recharge timers than secondary sets.
  • Custom Enemy powers that require the target be grounded are no longer calculated as ranged attacks for point value purposes.
  • All Custom Enemy ranged attacks have a minimum range of 80ft.
Edited by Dark Current
  • Thumbs Up 1