Farm fresh builds! *Farming focused builds and tips*

Warlawk

On 10/5/2021 at 12:31 PM, SuperPlyx said:

Couple of things I found that helped. Was proc out irradiated Ground. I also proc out Atom Smasher and Blazing Aura, but those are not as important as Irradiated Ground.

Secondly try to get your accuracy over 95%. It can make a big difference between seeing alot of "deflected" or not.

How did you get MIDS to display accuracy for Irradiated Ground?  (and other combat numbers)

Edited by DarknessEternal

7 hours ago, DarknessEternal said:

How did you get MIDS to display accuracy for Irradiated Ground?  (and other combat numbers)

I was replying to a poster about improving their farm build. And was telling them that improving over all accuracy for all powers had helped me. 

Irradiated Ground is a pseudo-pet power and as such has no Accuracy numbers.

What other combat numbers do you mean?  

@DarknessEternal I am not 100% sure what damage numbers you are looking for but here goes:

The first place to look is here, lots of useful info:

infobox.jpg.4df6c26b294344f1b022891c0658d163.jpg

But one thing to take into account is how you have Mid's set up in the config options. I use a base to-hit value of 39. But Mids comes set to 75.

Also you can change which numbers it shows by changing Damage per Activation, Damage per Second or Damage per Animation.:

vewbox.jpg.44165b7625c8382cdb2f336dfbe36b51.jpg

Changing these options will will change what the numbers it gives are.

Another window I use sometimes is this one:

dpsbox.jpg.6788c088ffbc4ff689876b8ee684bca1.jpg

Found here:

dpsopt.jpg.ce561330ae656a7fcd0b69fa1aa2a5fd.jpg

On 8/7/2019 at 3:02 AM, Warlawk said:

When you turn off XP at level 50 you get bonus influence, contrary to what you commonly hear bandied about it is not double influence. I believe the Xp you would normally get is added as influence, but I haven't ever stopped to do the math and verify that (See Statement #1). For this method to work, you need your Disable Earning XP setting on "Earn XP". Then you change your XP While Exemplared setting to "Double Influence, No XP". This will actually double your influence and makes farming at level 49 more profitable than farming at 50. You still keep your settings at +4x8 and fight level 53 enemies. Purple recipes still drop and I have not noticed a reduction in drop rates. The difference in Inf values is as follows.

this should be removed, since the inf option was disable awhile ago now.

14 hours ago, twospirited said:

this should be removed, since the inf option was disable awhile ago now.

The original poster of this guide hasn't been on the forums in over a year - that is likely why it hasn't been updated.

• 3 weeks later

Since -res procs of the same one can't stack, is using two of the same -res proc in the listed faster farmer Rad/fire ideal slotting or would a damage proc be better?

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 4. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 5. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 6. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 7. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 8. Gone Awry: Rad/fire Brute. 9. Blackmoor: Dark/dark Controller. 10. Chasing Fireworks: Spines/fire Brute.

Current obsession(s): Ice Melee

I have just recently returned to playing since live servers went dark. I am currently re-leveling my former main. Bots/Dark MM. I also am working on my old farming toon. I used that build to fully io/purple out 7 different toons via its raw farming power. It was literally my Brute force farming tool.

My Build was a EM/Stone brute. My farming was done outside via dragging enemies. The toon was able to tank indefinitely without the prospect of death (I was always at agro limit), I farmed with it and constantly upgraded the sets. once it was done. a couple of weeks of playtime would net me all the funds and or recipes/salvage to complete another. I was in the process of kiting out my 8th toon when server went dark. I am currently also trying the same build as SS/stone. because my friend had that build and it did slightly more damage, though being slightly less survivable. The SS build takes a bit more user input, but seemed to get drops faster due to increased kill rate.

here are the builds i came up with again using the current power set configs for issue 27. I admit, I am a bit rusty, so there may be room for improvement

Big Vato - Super Strength.mxd big vato Energy Melee.mxd

On 1/13/2022 at 6:43 PM, jeolman1 said:

I have just recently returned to playing since live servers went dark. I am currently re-leveling my former main. Bots/Dark MM. I also am working on my old farming toon. I used that build to fully io/purple out 7 different toons via its raw farming power. It was literally my Brute force farming tool.

My Build was a EM/Stone brute. My farming was done outside via dragging enemies. The toon was able to tank indefinitely without the prospect of death (I was always at agro limit), I farmed with it and constantly upgraded the sets. once it was done. a couple of weeks of playtime would net me all the funds and or recipes/salvage to complete another. I was in the process of kiting out my 8th toon when server went dark. I am currently also trying the same build as SS/stone. because my friend had that build and it did slightly more damage, though being slightly less survivable. The SS build takes a bit more user input, but seemed to get drops faster due to increased kill rate.

here are the builds i came up with again using the current power set configs for issue 27. I admit, I am a bit rusty, so there may be room for improvement

Big Vato - Super Strength.mxd 4.97 kB · 0 downloads big vato Energy Melee.mxd 5.26 kB · 0 downloads

You do yourself no favors by farming with anything/Stone. Being unkillable is no reason since all farming characters are immortal (heck. I sometimes PL an alt using  a claws/bio scrapper which is considered pretty squishy, and it never dies).

If you are having fun or use it for everything, then sure. But farming alone? The initial post has a lot of information and you can try comparing times.

On 1/15/2022 at 7:49 AM, Sovera said:

You do yourself no favors by farming with anything/Stone. Being unkillable is no reason since all farming characters are immortal (heck. I sometimes PL an alt using  a claws/bio scrapper which is considered pretty squishy, and it never dies).

If you are having fun or use it for everything, then sure. But farming alone? The initial post has a lot of information and you can try comparing times.

I was merely showing an alternative. my method works great because it requires no missions, or teams to work.  As a matter of fact, I macroed/key binded it, and it ran in a scripted loop up in the north of Grandville, unattended while I was off at work farming real dollars, that was the beauty of it. I have also done the fire/fire blaster mega build as well, but you have to be active for it to work.

13 hours ago, jeolman1 said:

I was merely showing an alternative. my method works great because it requires no missions, or teams to work.  As a matter of fact, I macroed/key binded it, and it ran in a scripted loop up in the north of Grandville, unattended while I was off at work farming real dollars, that was the beauty of it. I have also done the fire/fire blaster mega build as well, but you have to be active for it to work.

You realize that scripting is against the TOS and will get you perma banned right?

I said that's what I used to do. Did not say that's what I was going to do.  But even without scripting, I could farm continuously, while still able to basically ignore the game while doing other stuff. Never died, and was able to gett anything I needed. It may not have been as fast, but it was more fun. I also had a fire/psi/mu Dom that could farm, and a fire/fire blaster also. But I thought I would just throw out an alternate, fun, farm build. Just like in real life, a farm does not need to be gigantic, to get results.