An Update from The Homecoming Team

Jimmy

Just adding my two cents to balance the scales. I understand people are cautious with their hopes. But some are far too cautious, if you ask me.

These people are daring to do the right thing here. The least we can do is dare to hope that it works out for the best.

I'm not naive, but a little faith might go a long way here.

Thanks you guys for giving it a shot, no matter how it turns out. Happy you guys are going up to bat for the community, because somebody has to.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

• We will always listen to the community - long term we hope to be as transparent as we possibly can be, but obviously current circumstances require a certain level of secrecy

Let's say confidentiality instead of secrecy.  😉  We know how a single word on the forums can stir up memes of (alleged) Nemesis plots.

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Some corrections / clarifications / answers:

• Tony is the head of The Titan Network
  • The Titan network has nothing to do with City of Titans (aka The Phoenix Project), that's being developed by Missing Worlds Media
  • Leandro is not the owner of Homecoming
  • Homecoming doesn't have a leader, it is a collective (although technically Cipher owns the LLC on paper right now)
  • Homecoming is in the process of becoming a non-profit, although doing this correctly is not a simple or quick process
  • The non-profit will have multiple board members, ensuring the project is not reliant on or controlled by a single individual
  • We will always listen to the community - long term we hope to be as transparent as we possibly can be, but obviously current circumstances require a certain level of secrecy

Nice. Knew Tony didn't have anything to do with CoT, but was mostly worried with the idea that the results of a negotiation could wrap CoX into the Titan Network. It's also good to see that there will be a board in charge, rather than a single individual.

Question on the non-profit status that I just thought of. A 501(c)(7) is the closest type of not-for-profit that I can think of that applies to the situation? Or are you guys applying for a different classification?

5 hours ago, Abraxus said:

The folks who believe this is all a nefarious plot on the part of anyone involved in these talks, are gonna think that, and nothing anyone says, or shows to the contrary is going to change their minds.  If things go well, they will still be skeptical, thinking the bottom will fall out at any moment.  If it falls through, they will say they knew it all along, and likewise be ready to run for the hills.

For the rest of us, we will wait, watch, and react according to what we hear from the team, rather than out of pessimistic speculation, and we will just keep playing the game we love.  It's really as simple as that. 😎

Twelve more days to log-in.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

Some corrections / clarifications / answers:

• Tony is the head of The Titan Network
  • The Titan network has nothing to do with City of Titans (aka The Phoenix Project), that's being developed by Missing Worlds Media
  • Leandro is not the owner of Homecoming
  • Homecoming doesn't have a leader, it is a collective (although technically Cipher owns the LLC on paper right now)
  • Homecoming is in the process of becoming a non-profit, although doing this correctly is not a simple or quick process
  • The non-profit will have multiple board members, ensuring the project is not reliant on or controlled by a single individual

Can I join the Borg?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, DarschPugs said:

I doubt we will ever see a sub model, that defeats the purpose of homecoming registering as a nonprofit like the SWGEmu team did when they were given the okay to emulate preCU SWG.

I was surprised to read this, hoping this would help with HC.  Looks like SWGEmu is a non profit registered in Hungary...not sure HC can do the same...🙄

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

@Jimmy can you tell us more about this?  What will the non profit look like?  Are you still going for Tax Exempt status?  If so, will it be a charitable org or some kind of association?  It’s been a couple of months since this was brought up, wondering where you are at on this?

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

2 hours ago, William Valence said:

Question on the non-profit status that I just thought of. A 501(c)(7) is the closest type of not-for-profit that I can think of that applies to the situation? Or are you guys applying for a different classification?

I thought the same thing at first and as I looked into it, a (c)7 requires:

• limited membership (not open to the public)
  • annual face to face meetings
  • membership dues

seems against their charter of keeping it free and open.

3 minutes ago, justicebeliever said:

I thought the same thing at first and as I looked into it, a (c)7 requires:

• limited membership (not open to the public)
  • annual face to face meetings
  • membership dues

seems against their charter of keeping it free and open.

Then that's not the one I was thinking of. There's one that's used by community rec centers, but I don't think it's limited to that type of org specifically. May just be under 501(c)(3) as maintaining a public building.

I don't envy whoever is working on this, because it's sometimes a subjective landmine that you just have to try your best to not set off.

31 minutes ago, Myrmidon said:

I am on a long vacation until the 23rd. No access to the game, however, the forums have been very entertaining in the meantime.

I think the forums are almost as, if not moreso , entertaining than the game itself...

so much so I am not sure which would cause more sadness...losing the game?  Or losing the forums...

Wait - we aren’t being moved to the Titan forums as part of this, are we?  (Now the real panic sets in)

Edited by justicebeliever
  • Like 2

• City Council
1 minute ago, justicebeliever said:

I think the forums are almost as, if not moreso , entertaining than the game itself...

Oh, certainly. Can you Perma-Haten in game? I think not.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1
"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

1 minute ago, justicebeliever said:

After reading both the “Brute/Tanker” and the “Change Rage!” threads, I am on total agreement.

Just now, Myrmidon said:

After reading both the “Brute/Tanker” and the “Change Rage!” threads, I am on total agreement.

Brute/Tanker has increased my popcorn intake quite a bit.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, justicebeliever said:

Brute/Tanker has increased my popcorn intake quite a bit.  

I have to admit that I am tempted to post a few “Have a Coke and a smile and STFU!” moments, however, I find it more entertaining to just stay on the outside until the Dev team weighs in for now.

1 hour ago, Myrmidon said:

I have to admit that I am tempted to post a few “Have a Coke and a smile and STFU!” moments, however, I find it more entertaining to just stay on the outside until the Dev team weighs in for now.

I get the same way in the CoH:H Discord general chat. Was going to change my nickname, but sadly "Get down off the cross, take the wood, build a bridge and get over it." wouldn't fit.

• Haha 4

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

1 hour ago, GM Fiddleback said:

⬇️🥡 🌲🏗️🌉🛫🏔️🛬

Someone is going down to Korea, eating some Asian food, going to a park to play, then 'building bridges' and flying to... Mt. Fuji? Japan? Before flying back?  The red x and the tree are the only things that don't quite make sense to me exactly... 

That's what I got out of it. But this is a dude that figured out the Mender Silos thing WAY after everyone else did. 

• Haha 2
I'm out.