An Update from The Homecoming Team

Jimmy

3 hours ago, jubakumbi said:

So, while you may be very confortable to 'just trust' a group of people you don't know, who skillsets are unknown, with the fate of a game that so many people love, some of us might, in fact, want to understand what skills they have, so we can possibly provide support to them during the negotiations!

Is it really so hard to understand, perhaps the whole reason I am asking the question, is so that perhaps, with the pool of people and resources I might have at hand, I could provide some help to the team during the negotiations, in some way, because I do this for a living?

Well, you're certainly not going about it in a good way.  From where I sit, the bulk of your comments seem indistinguishable from 'concern trolling'.

You say you might be able to help but are, to the outside observer, doing nothing but expressing doubts, concerns and negativity.

It has been pointed out that the people involved are maintaining their anonymity.  At that point, a reasonable course would seem to be to take the conversation private if your interest is to offer assistance rather than express your doubts in a public venue.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

This is hilarious.

I am not stressed out about this topic, I would simply like some data.

That, in turn, has led to no end of emoitonal dsitress on the part of a number fo people, it seems.

I don't harbor hate or ill-will on this.

I am fascinated by the whole thing.

I have simply been very persistant in an attempt to get data.

Persistance has nothing to do with emotion, curiosity is a state of being.

How does that equate to an emotional state?

Yet, just for asking, I get RWAR!

I get told to calm down.

I told to agrre to disagree.

I get told that I don't need to know...

Really, this has been the most awesome forum thread I have been a part of in years, maybe ever.

All over - "Hey, could we get some background data on the people brokering the business deal we all want to succeed?" ... too funny.

PS: And like with the above, when I in any way slap back, directly or with snark, I am, yet again, the bad guy! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Edited by jubakumbi
Snark

As Ironblade mentioned .... the way you've been asking (and the repetition of your asking) looks like nothing more or less than concern trolling.

Have fun with that.

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

11 minutes ago, PaxArcana said:

As Ironblade mentioned .... the way you've been asking (and the repetition of your asking) looks like nothing more or less than concern trolling.

Have fun with that.

To someone looking for a nefarious intent, sure, I can see that.

It makes the assuption I am 'up to something' from the get-go...

Perhaps I am the nemesis plot!

Yeah, that's the ticket!

1 hour ago, jubakumbi said:

I am not stressed out about this topic, I would simply like some data.

That most likely won't be forthcoming, for reasons which should be obvious for anyone that realizes that the Homecoming team exists right now legally in a dangerously gray area.

• Like 3
I'm out.

16 minutes ago, The Philotic Knight said:

That most likely won't be forthcoming, for reasons which should be obvious for anyone that realizes that the Homecoming team exists right now legally in a dangerously gray area.

FUD.

How is 'this person has closed many/no deals over the years at multiple companies' in anyway a grey area?

I could talk all day about someones experience and never let out PII.

Again, this assumes the intent is uncover PII data, which is not my intent.

I agree the information being made availble is unlikely, simply because no one seems to understand what I am even talking about...

🙂

Edited by jubakumbi
speeling

2 minutes ago, The Philotic Knight said:

Yes, of course... the smartest person in the room... us plebeians just cannot hope to comprehend the majesty.

I will follow your wise counsel, @Skyhawke.

How am I the smartest one in the room when, after so many posts, I still cannot seem to convey my point/question?

That puts me on the bottom of the list, not the top, I would think...epsecially since I have been told so many times I am the one doing the wrong thing...

If I was the smart one, I would have asked the question and gotten the answer immediately, right?

And, yet again, when I clap back I am the bad guy!

As the old saying goes, This Thread Delivers!

Chill, folks. For real. Remember, our only enemy here is apathy, and there's a distinct lack of it lately.

I'm not going to distribute résumés or CVs because I think that's a bit unreasonable to expect. As Jimmy pointed out above, even people who have years of experience in the industry haven't run across circumstances like what we're dealing in, so in that sense, we're all breaking new ground. Rest assured, though, we do have the business and legal side of this covered. You really will just have to trust us on that.

...Or not, in which case you'll just have to wait until everything is done to determine our level of credibility. I'm cool with either way.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 8/21/2019 at 10:15 AM, jubakumbi said:

Like it or not, the optics also have parts of the HC overall group involved in the 'long lie' and that does not instill confidence in words.

Let me preface this by saying this is not a personal cheap shot at anyone.  I believe we can all understand the reasons behind the secrecy before HC was made public.  With that said, what @jubakumbipointed out here is a legitimate cause for concern in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Korbian said:

I think the main cause for concern is the fact that Jimmy is NOT Ryan Reynolds.  So disappointing.

I suspected as much...but I just couldn't let myself go there.  Reality smacks one like a 10 pound sledge.  😁

What was no more, is REBORN!

5 minutes ago, Korbian said:

I think the main cause for concern is the fact that Jimmy is NOT Ryan Reynolds.  So disappointing.

But Bionic Flea *IS* Ryan Reynolds, so we can all rest assured that He is still with us!

• Haha 2
I'm out.

11 hours ago, TonyV said:

As Jimmy pointed out above, even people who have years of experience in the industry haven't run across circumstances like what we're dealing in, so in that sense, we're all breaking new ground. Rest assured, though, we do have the business and legal side of this covered. You really will just have to trust us on that.

This gets as close as I have seen to an answer.

We have to trust the HC team (or not) regardless of infomation, that point has long been the case, you guys have the ball.

(Why is this basic fact repeated so often as if it's some bit news by people that just don't want to think about it?)

It's a unique situation, no doubt.

IME, even in these unique business situations, and yes I have dealt within the quasi-legal realm on plenty of occasions, previous experience matters.

Here, at least, you allude to the idea that there are experienced industry veterans involved, which helps.

You allude to the fact in a few places the team is leaning heavily on a lawyer, also not a bad move.

But, I really have to be honest here, at this point, it still sounds as if you do not, in fact, understand what I am asking if you are talking about CV's when I specifically stated PII was not needed.

That basic lack of understanding a question I have posed so many ways,  in and of itself really tells me all I need to know.

Good Luck.

🖖

Edited by jubakumbi

17 hours ago, jubakumbi said:

FUD.

How is 'this person has closed many/no deals over the years at multiple companies' in anyway a grey area?

I could talk all day about someones experience and never let out PII.

Again, this assumes the intent is uncover PII data, which is not my intent.

I agree the information being made availble is unlikely, simply because no one seems to understand what I am even talking about...

🙂

Except that there IS personally identifying information available.

There is a delaware corporation formed.  With someone who was as dogged as you are at NOT LETTING THIS GO, someone could look up who formed it and then internet stalk backwards.

And then, if the HC team posted some basics like "Jimmy has worked with 4 corporate mergers before" you could cross-compare on LinkedIn and other social media platforms fairly easily and, within a matter of a day or two, the weaponized autism of the internet would know the names, home addresses, phone numbers, and credit scores of the entire HC team and likely blow the whole HC/NCSoft deal apart.

So they are being VERY cagey for a reason.

For example, I mentioned in this thread that I've been involved in sales, marketing, and politics for a long time.  Someone on here could figure out my location from some of my comments (not hard, I think I list my location in my bio even), hunt me down on Facebook (I have a 2 public pages on there) and out me as a video gamer (which no one would be shocked by).  I'm careful not to say anything outlandish in text that can be screenshotted for that reason, even if it's "hidden" behind "anonymous" forum logins,  because I assume that SOMEONE will eventually link them to me.

Everlasting server - Sister Pistols and the Perma-Newbies SG

2 minutes ago, MadCow99 said:

Except that there IS personally identifying information available.

There is a delaware corporation formed.  With someone who was as dogged as you are at NOT LETTING THIS GO, someone could look up who formed it and then internet stalk backwards.

And then, if the HC team posted some basics like "Jimmy has worked with 4 corporate mergers before" you could cross-compare on LinkedIn and other social media platforms fairly easily and, within a matter of a day or two, the weaponized autism of the internet would know the names, home addresses, phone numbers, and credit scores of the entire HC team and likely blow the whole HC/NCSoft deal apart.

So they are being VERY cagey for a reason.

For example, I mentioned in this thread that I've been involved in sales, marketing, and politics for a long time.  Someone on here could figure out my location from some of my comments (not hard, I think I list my location in my bio even), hunt me down on Facebook (I have a 2 public pages on there) and out me as a video gamer (which no one would be shocked by).  I'm careful not to say anything outlandish in text that can be screenshotted for that reason, even if it's "hidden" behind "anonymous" forum logins,  because I assume that SOMEONE will eventually link them to me.

For example:

"Collectively, the team of people, including the lawyer, have closed multiple deals between business entities, some in the software channel, so we are confident we have the right resources."

I work in an industry that has to obfuscate clients and companies all the time, yet provide this type of information.

It is completely and totally possible to do correctly and securely.

If anyone wants to just write all that off, OK, but since I know these things are done daily, I know it can be done.

*shrug*

There are a ton of ways we could get some 'comforting words' just like the emotion based gamers.

Yet, everyone lines up to shoot down the idea, without actually thinking about ways it could work out well...

You know, like humans do with anything that scares them....

Can you imagine the outcry here if I did what you suggest?

I already considered it.

But, I thought I would ask the company that stated they wanted to be transparent to in fact be transparent, rather than using my skills to track them down..I agree, at this point if I wanted to put on my grey hat, I could find all of them.

All I wanted was a little PR that was more than just emotion based placating, without substance.

It is obvious that will not happen, and that, apparently in the eyes of the community, with the exception of a few PMs, I am a 'bad guy' even for asking such 'real' questions and having such a persistant personality to go with my curiosity, it must be trolling or some other nefarious purpose, just having curiosity cannot possibly be it, right?

And much of this static from people who, themsleves, obviously understand that all our brains work differetly, attacked by people with their own demons.

Look, this team had done a great thing and continues to do that thing.

The only reason I am still posting on the topic is the simple fact that the 'community' has decided I am the bad guy for being having persistant curiosity and wants me to feel bad for asking persistantly and having the balls to clap back.

But, really, if I get to be the 'villian' in the community over my 'ballistic missle' curiosity, that works fine for me.

🙂

I already gave my personal information to the GMs, by the way...so they know who I am even if I do not yet know who they are...

• Game Master
14 minutes ago, jubakumbi said:

For example:

"Collectively, the team of people, including the lawyer, have closed multiple deals between business entities, some in the software channel, so we are confident we have the right resources."

Can you imagine the outcry here if I did what you suggest?

I already considered it.

But, I thought I would ask the company that stated they wanted to be transparent to in fact be transparent, rather than using my skills to track them down..I agree, at this point if I wanted to put on my grey hat, I could find all of them.

All I wanted was a little PR that was more than just emotion based placating, without substance.

It is obvious that will not happen, and that, apparently in the eyes of the community, with the exception of a few PMs, I am a 'bad guy' even for asking such 'real' questions and having such a persistant personality to go with my curiosity, it must be trolling or some other nefarious purpose, just having curiosity cannot possibly be it, right?

And much of this static from people who, themsleves, obviously understand that all our brains work differetly, attacked by people with their own demons.

If you had any experience in PR, you would know that us saying "I have X years of experience in X" without anything behind that is just hot air. I could claim I have 50 years of experience with...I don't know, corporate management? It would just be a baseless claim that no one could prove or disprove. It nets us nothing beneficial, and as others have mentioned, could aid in doxxing attempts.

You, by the way, insinuating you could find us is just a lovely way to try to be convincing.

Lastly, you are not asking questions that haven't been asked (and answered to the best of our ability) before. You are just refusing to accept our answers. We cannot tell you everything you want to know for various reasons including many of our team wanting to protect  themselves from elements that have tried to dox them. You are accomplishing nothing beneficial here at all by continuing this way.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, CR Tempest said:

If you had any experience in PR, you would know that us saying "I have X years of experience in X" without anything behind that is just hot air. I could claim I have 50 years of experience with...I don't know, corporate management? It would just be a baseless claim that no one could prove or disprove. It nets us nothing beneficial, and as others have mentioned, could aid in doxxing attempts.

You, by the way, insinuating you could find us is just a lovely way to try to be convincing.

Lastly, you are not asking questions that haven't been asked (and answered to the best of our ability) before. You are just refusing to accept our answers. We cannot tell you everything you want to know for various reasons including many of our team wanting to protect  themselves from elements that have tried to dox them. You are accomplishing nothing beneficial here at all by continuing this way.

I totally agree that we have to trust whatever you give us.

I am completely convinced I have all I am going to get.

I have accepted the answers given that I have seen, I have tried to be very specific.

No nefarious intent, no reason other than my unbridled curiosity.

I understand the fear behind not wanting to give out too much data for all kinds of reasons, I have been responsible for protecting employee and consumer data..

As the poster mentioned, if someone really, really wanted to, they could find you - me, anyone with the real desire to do so, it's just time and energy.

Then I simply started responding to the people talking to me, trying to reflect back at them whatever tone they threw my way.

Apparently, I ruffle feathers in how I communicate, this is nothing really new for me, neither is people getting 'fed up' with my 'ballistic' curiosity.

When people get mad from my persistence, they start making me the bad guy, nothing new for me, and here we are.

So yeah, I can be the bad guy, no problem.

I totally agree there is nothing beneficial being accomplished in the thread.

19 minutes ago, CR Tempest said:

I will be monitoring this topic more closely. Any further...deviations like this and I will be purging replies again.

Honestly, might not be a bad idea.  I mean, what was needed to be said by the Dev team is still there for all.  At this point, we're bouncing between silliness and saltiness with saltiness taking the lead.  I vote lock it. 

Edited by CR Tempest
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior