Market Fees

_NOPE_

I was under the assumption that market fees were a flat percentage of the selling price, but that appears to not be the case:

image.png.2c13fac5a70c51a2e036abca70f6cc66.png

I posted these at the same time, all for a million influence, so the market took the same 50,000 inf fee for posting. But when they sold? Look at those numbers, something ain't quite right:

image.png.969cdc7fbf3d34eab4c0f041f3b19cc1.png

So... not sure what's going on here, but I might need to do some code diving to see, but what I THOUGHT was a flat 5% across the board, turns out not to be. Anyone know what's going on here off the top of their heads?

I'm out.

There is a listing fee and a transaction fee.  

From https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Auction_House

Listing Fee

When an item is put up for auction, a fee of 5% of its listed price is charged to the seller. If you do not have enough influence/infamy to cover the fee, you will not be able to list it on the Auction House.

Note that the minimum fee is 5 inf. If 5% of the list price is less than 5, you will still pay 5.

If your item sells, this amount will be refunded. The amount will not be refunded if the item does not sell, or if you cancel the auction.

Transaction Fee

When an item sells, a transaction fee of 10% is deducted from the amount it sold for. However, the transaction fee will be reduced by the listing fee, which will be refunded since the item sold.

I suppose now is the time you post an Ogre "NERD" gif, like you did twice yesterday after I posted something math-y.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Hedgefund said:

I suppose now is the time you post an Ogre "NERD" gif, like you did twice yesterday after I posted something math-y.

I post it with love. Revenge of the Nerds was my favorite movie when I was a kid, because I identified with this guy:

Ds5l5uZ.jpg

Luckily, now, nerds rule the world. So this is now a battle cry:

GUT85tY.gif

I'm out.

14 minutes ago, The Philotic Knight said:

Speaking of nerds, FWIW, I'm going to start to keep track of my "earnings" on this Google Sheet, for anyone to see that's interested:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nEPtNQRZpFcDQaRMzhd8mcMbMhJ567S-BF_nk91eKGg/edit?usp=sharing

That is way too close to being like work for my tastes.

• Haha 1

Who run Bartertown?

• 3 weeks later