Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

A Little Backstory

The original Mids' Hero/Villain Designer project was designed by Mids in order to allow City of Heroes players to efficiently plan their character's development. During the project's life cycle Titan Network took over its development and kept the project updated until 2012 when the last City of Heroes server shut down. The project has since been abandoned it seems as no further development had continued.

 

In early 2019 with the re-emergence of City of Heroes thanks to the Homecoming team, the project seemingly resurfaced under the name of Pines Hero/Villain Designer (maintained by Pine) which contained several database updates for issue 25. A short while later another adaptation of the project emerged under the name of Mids' Reborn (maintained by Crytilis) which contained several more fixes and database adjustments. In June/July of 2019, a new project had begun thanks to Maslow who worked on cleaning up the internal code of the program itself and getting it into a manageable state. Maslow later approached Pine about co-development of the project and the two began to work on it side-by-side. In late July Crytilis joined the project upon being approached by Maslow after the two had talked back and forth since early June. It was then decided that production on each of their individual versions (Pines Hero/Villain Designer, and Mids' Reborn) would be stopped, and a new version created with a name agreed upon by all parties.

 

With all 3 working together in joint development, the project has been reborn once more! This time with a new name, some new features, and a new team!

 

Current Development Team

  • Crytilis (aka Metalios)
  • Maslow
  • Pine

 

Thank You's

  • Mids for creating the hero designer.
  • Titan Network's Mids Developers for doing the original C# conversion and updating the app up until the shutdown.

 

Connect With Us!

Discord: https://discord.gg/pG5TCEg

Twitter: https://twitter.com/midsreborn

 

Releases/Download Information

.NET 4.7.2 is required Download it here

 

Latest Installer: 2.6.0.2 - Released on 2019-07-31

Click Once Installer: Click Here to Download!

Setup Installer: Click Here to Download!


Latest Update: 2.6.0.3 - Released on 2019-08-06

Click "Check for Updates" under options within the program.

Edited by crytilis
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool! Do you want me to swap the stickies?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It's installing just fine compared to the previous launchers, but even though I have up-to-date .net it throws an error constantly while running.

 

unknown.png

 

EDIT: A clean .NET reinstall fixed this issue, but there's still some other problems. The first one I encountered is that the Defender epic Flame Mastery is not handled correctly: It treats Consume as being a "47+, two or more powers" option, and Greater Fire Sword as an initial pick option, which is backwards / wrong. I think it's pulling level requirements from their source versions in other Epic Pools and not displaying it as a Defender power properly? Likewise you can never take the Defender version of Rise of the Phoenix because it's looking for specific pre-requisite powers that aren't in the Defender version of the pool.

Edited by Ariamaki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Cool! Do you want me to swap the stickies?

Yes please Jimmy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/8/2019 at 6:02 PM, Ariamaki said:

It's installing just fine compared to the previous launchers, but even though I have up-to-date .net it throws an error constantly while running.

 

unknown.png

 

EDIT: A clean .NET reinstall fixed this issue, but there's still some other problems. The first one I encountered is that the Defender epic Flame Mastery is not handled correctly: It treats Consume as being a "47+, two or more powers" option, and Greater Fire Sword as an initial pick option, which is backwards / wrong. I think it's pulling level requirements from their source versions in other Epic Pools and not displaying it as a Defender power properly? Likewise you can never take the Defender version of Rise of the Phoenix because it's looking for specific pre-requisite powers that aren't in the Defender version of the pool.

Go ahead and click the check for updates under options it should update you to 2.6.0.3

Edited by crytilis
mistyped version

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, just installed and updated to 6.2.0.3, and all the Absorb portions of the Heal set IOs are too high - they are flagged as if they are on a single aspect IO no matter if it is single, dual or triple aspected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Cool! Do you want me to swap the stickies?

Yes.

Yes we do ... 😎


IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way to add an adjustable zoom option or have the program auto-scale based on optimal screen resolution? I use a 32" monitor for CoH and a 24" monitor to the side for Mid's and Discord and email. With the Mid's program maximized, it only takes up about half the screen and the icons are difficult to see. It probably wasn't a problem on 15-19" screens back in the day, but it's a noticeable defect nowadays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So, is this the same release [and cadence] that is on the ImaginaryDevelopment github repo?

I ask because the site you're linking throws up redflags due to bad and/or not up-to-date certificates. Also your comment above about being 6.2.0.3 when the most up-to-date on git hub is 6.2.0.2

Edited by Eclipse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, I previously saw instructions to boost an individual enhancement, you right click on it and hit + up to 5 times.  I simply cannot get this to work.  Does anyone have any idea what I may be doing wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Eclipse. said:

So, is this the same release [and cadence] that is on the ImaginaryDevelopment github repo?

I ask because the site you're linking throws up redflags due to bad and/or not up-to-date certificates. Also your comment above about being 6.2.0.3 when the most up-to-date on git hub is 6.2.0.2

None of the releases have ever had a certificate, I am aware of the domain cert issue if that is what you are speaking of. This appears to be a host issue which only popped up in the last few days, I am working with our host to resolve it. If you look on the Imaginary GitHub you will see I am one of the developers. Also, there is no 6.2.0.2, that was a typo on my end. Latest Release Installer is 2.6.0.2, 2.6.0.3 is the latest patch update which is available by clicking "check for updates" inside of 2.6.0.2 under options. With Maslow being out of town at the moment the FSharp one click installer is unavailable until he returns. I have chosen to delay the release of the 2.6.0.3 setup installer for 1 week, this will the be the schedule going forward. If you would like the 2.6.0.3 source you can grab it from my forks master branch, alternatively you can see the 2.6.0.3 changes in the latest PR on the Imaginary GitHub.

Edited by crytilis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for doing this. I'd like to send you a free enrollment for the Jelly of the Month club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Murcielago said:

Thank you for doing this. I'd like to send you a free enrollment for the Jelly of the Month club.

You are most welcome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, crytilis said:

None of the releases have ever had a certificate, I am aware of the domain cert issue if that is what you are speaking of. This appears to be a host issue which only popped up in the last few days, I am working with our host to resolve it. 

Yep, that was the issue I was talking about, people were complaining about it on my discord.
I trusted you, given the checksum matched that of what was on github *shrug* and told others the same.

SHA1 hash of Hero Designer.exe:
568ea5fba54997d6b400cb27dd154273540fedf1

 

3 hours ago, crytilis said:

The issue with the certificate warning has been resolved.

Glad to hear it! Certs can be obnoxious to deal with...not hard, just annoying.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eclipse. said:

Yep, that was the issue I was talking about, people were complaining about it on my discord.
I trusted you, given the checksum matched that of what was on github *shrug* and told others the same.

SHA1 hash of Hero Designer.exe:
568ea5fba54997d6b400cb27dd154273540fedf1

 

Glad to hear it! Certs can be obnoxious to deal with...not hard, just annoying.
 

 

Indeed they can be. Feel free to come hang out with us sometime 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know ... I'm starting to think that the build planner is missing a VERY IMPORTANT FEATURE for the Long Forum Export package.

 

A PROC CHANCES readout.

 

I'm working up a (refactoring re)build post right now and I'm having to do all of the math for the proc chances "by hand" (well, really by touchscreen on my iPad, but different sameness...) and it is mighty tedious work to compute all of those proc chances.

 

Now I know this would be one BIG FEATURE REQUEST for adding this functionality to the builder program ... but since it's kind of becoming more and more important to a LOT of builds ... maybe it's about time for an update to accommodate this feature?


IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My mids reborn can't read says that unable to read data, and my other builds i can't open them too.

 

image.thumb.png.8d7e8c6a35d5b2fd14f04380c52acf9f.png

image.png

Edited by Migatte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is why it's a good idea to post a Forum Export (long or short) to the forums, so if you absolutely have to recreate a build from scratch ... you can ... even though doing so is tedious work.

  • Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Redlynne said:

This is why it's a good idea to post a Forum Export (long or short) to the forums, so if you absolutely have to recreate a build from scratch ... you can ... even though doing so is tedious work.

Nice plan. However while the file isn't exactly text, there is a fallback the code doesn't use we are working to make the code fallback to if it has index problems reading the build. So peeking at the file in a text editor may help piece things together.

Edited by Maslow
added context

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know what changed, but it takes like 20 clicks to remove a slot now when it used to take 2. It's extremely annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not sure if this is the place to tell someone but the Reborn bot for discord is offline...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chrome said:

not sure if this is the place to tell someone but the Reborn bot for discord is offline...

 

Bot is back online

 

On 8/9/2019 at 11:58 PM, Eclipse. said:

Yep, that was the issue I was talking about, people were complaining about it on my discord.
I trusted you, given the checksum matched that of what was on github *shrug* and told others the same.

SHA1 hash of Hero Designer.exe:
568ea5fba54997d6b400cb27dd154273540fedf1

 

Glad to hear it! Certs can be obnoxious to deal with...not hard, just annoying.
 

 

Indeed they can be. Feel free to come hang out with us sometime 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good News.  Looks like crytilis got part of the MasterMind demons resists to show up in the latest build.     It looks like the Force Shield from the Protector Bots is showing up now!

 

I left the Demons resist ticket open.

https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer/issues/63

 

I closed the Proctor bot ticket:

https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer/issues/57

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...