Jump to content
crytilis

Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Matt Miracle 3 said:

Was the build you imported done on Mid's Reborn or another version (like Pines or the original Mid's)??


I used the /buildfile command in game.


Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed on my BS / SD stalker that Active Defense doesn't have the ability to select it as on or off click power, which impacts the ability to see the status protection values on the Status tab.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lockpick said:

I noticed on my BS / SD stalker that Active Defense doesn't have the ability to select it as on or off click power, which impacts the ability to see the status protection values on the Status tab.

Quick and easy self fix.

 

Options->Advanced->Database Editor

Click Main Database Editor

Select Stalker Defense->Shield Defense->Active Defense (double click it or single click it and click edit in bottom right)

On the Basic Tab (where it starts), click the box next to "Power is a Click Buff"

Click Ok

Click Save and Close

Click Close

 

You'll probably need to reload the build.  Now, it is a click buff you can toggle on and off.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Doc_Scorpion said:


I used the /buildfile command in game.

Sadly, I don't think Mids has worked that way (if ever?) in a LONG time. It's the right concept, but you'll notice that there are special headers and footers established.


OG Server: Pinnacle || Current Server: Torchbearer  || Also found on Indomitable & Excelsior (when needed)

Getting Started  ||  Dredd's Guide to Loading City of Heroes  ||  Install and Troubleshooting Guide v2

Mids' Reborn  ||  HeroStats  ||  Vidiot Maps  ||  QoL, Mods, etc  ||  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Old Forums  ||  Titan Network  ||  The City Representative (3rd party Info site for all servers)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, WanderingAries said:

Sadly, I don't think Mids has worked that way (if ever?) in a LONG time.

It's the directions given by crytilis just a few weeks ago.
 

 


Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is probably known, but the PPM implementation is broken when it comes to IO proc buffs. I.e. Gaussian's Build Up or Force Feedback +Recharge calculate as having a 0% chance, and their effects are not applied.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, OrtRestave said:

This is probably known, but the PPM implementation is broken when it comes to IO proc buffs. I.e. Gaussian's Build Up or Force Feedback +Recharge calculate as having a 0% chance, and their effects are not applied.

Working on this, have a few irl things that have my hands tied up atm.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

It's the directions given by crytilis just a few weeks ago.
 

 

Please send me the build file in a Discord DM or attach here so I can test. The import from game is touch and go atm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, crytilis said:

Please send me the build file in a Discord DM or attach here so I can test. The import from game is touch and go atm. 

Thanks for looking into this!

build.txt


Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, crytilis said:

Please send me the build file in a Discord DM or attach here so I can test. The import from game is touch and go atm. 

I've confirmed the same thing, so here's some data from a semi-old build save (for HC that is). I've yet to really get into IOs, so this Should be a rather simple import. When I attempt the load I get LOTS of errors that appear to be Enh related, but most the powers load. I then loaded the second build (from Mids) listed and it has the Inherent error/complaint that I think you've already mentioned will happen.

build.txt Anastasia Molanof - Corruptor (Radiation Blast).mxd


OG Server: Pinnacle || Current Server: Torchbearer  || Also found on Indomitable & Excelsior (when needed)

Getting Started  ||  Dredd's Guide to Loading City of Heroes  ||  Install and Troubleshooting Guide v2

Mids' Reborn  ||  HeroStats  ||  Vidiot Maps  ||  QoL, Mods, etc  ||  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Old Forums  ||  Titan Network  ||  The City Representative (3rd party Info site for all servers)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having an issue with importing a /BuildSave file for a Warshade into Mids too. 

 

Here's the file and a snapshot of the error.

build.txt

 

mids.thumb.PNG.6406751745fac765ff2a312eaebfb8cc.PNG

 

Edit : 

So I did some experimenting

 

First thing I noticed was switching to Dynamic Mode seemed to improve the import process. 

 

Second I moved lines which seemed to be causing issues into a build_removed file so now Powers are populating correctly and blank slots are appearing. You'll notice they're pretty much all the "Additional" powers you get from either being a Kheld or from shapeshifting powers. 

 

Also had to change some LOTG +Recharge IOs back to EMPTY

 

Still getting a weird error on Magic_Recharge which is baffling me because the tweaked build file doesn't seem to mention that at all.

 

build_removed.txt

build_tweaked.txt

 

(Also note you have to rename build_tweaked back to build.txt or Mids doesn't like it)

 

mids2.thumb.PNG.46f1571cf13ead1e35bfddbef53516d3.PNG

 

Once I Ok that though Empty Slots populate in as my live build, but with no Enhancements. 

Edited by Carnifax
Some bug hunting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2019 at 2:57 AM, crytilis said:

You can actually. 

  1. In game type "/buildsave" without the quotes.
  2. In Mids Reborn click "File => Open".
  3. Navigate to "<YourCOHDirectory>\<YourAccountName>\Builds".
  4. Select the "build.txt" file and click "Open"

You should now see your characters build loaded into Mids Reborn. Enjoy!

 

Good evening

 

I just attempted this. Received an error. It doesn't seem to like my attuned LOTG recharge. (I don't either but what is done is done.)

Capture.PNG

 

Edit -- Tried a few other things. I used Unslotters to remove the 2 Attuned LOTG Recharges and resaved. It then gave me another error with my 2 Red Fortune Def/End 50+5 so I removed those 2. Resaved and such, then it gave me the same error with 2 LTOG Def/End 50+5. I removed those 2 and then it gave the same error in regards to my (Now Empty) Leadership Pool Power Maneuvers.

 

Unsure what to do next

Edited by Anaku
More information

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2019 at 12:14 AM, Anaku said:

 

Good evening

 

I just attempted this. Received an error. It doesn't seem to like my attuned LOTG recharge. (I don't either but what is done is done.)

Capture.PNG

 

Edit -- Tried a few other things. I used Unslotters to remove the 2 Attuned LOTG Recharges and resaved. It then gave me another error with my 2 Red Fortune Def/End 50+5 so I removed those 2. Resaved and such, then it gave me the same error with 2 LTOG Def/End 50+5. I removed those 2 and then it gave the same error in regards to my (Now Empty) Leadership Pool Power Maneuvers.

 

Unsure what to do next

You can manually edit build.txt, its a very simple text file. Just replace the "bad" enhancements with EMPTY. You can also delete powers ftom the text file too as I did above. Feel free to post it here too.

 

I was finally beaten by an enhancement I didnt have listed in the build.txt file.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found a minor error in the powers database (currently on version 2.6.0.7, DB Issue 26 version 19.1021, but the issue has been there since Pine's).  The Sentinel version of Focused Accuracy (from the Mace Mastery epic pool) is listed as a self buff, just like every other version of FA, but is actually a team buff.  Here's the screenshots for reference.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2019 at 8:42 PM, Caulderone said:

Quick and easy self fix.

 

Options->Advanced->Database Editor

Click Main Database Editor

Select Stalker Defense->Shield Defense->Active Defense (double click it or single click it and click edit in bottom right)

On the Basic Tab (where it starts), click the box next to "Power is a Click Buff"

Click Ok

Click Save and Close

Click Close

 

You'll probably need to reload the build.  Now, it is a click buff you can toggle on and off.

 

 

That fixed it!  Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey there! Just wondering if it would be possible to somehow fix it so when you go to +5 all enhancements, the purple "Special" IO's are excluded as they cannot be enhanced in-game. It's just really frustrating to have to unslot every "Special" set and reslot to remove the +5 enhancement. Or have some way (hotkey) to individually +level specific enhancements or the such. 

 

*Edit* Just found out you can use + and - hotkeys when slotting to already do this, wow that's a big relief. Still, excluding the special IO's that can't be enhanced would help with QoL speed building etc in the future. 

 

Also the "Superior Entomb: Recharge/Chance for + Absorb" says it gives a 60% recharge boost which I don't think is correct, thought it was like 23% or something in-game. 

 

In addition, I have no idea how the background programming of any of this works - so this might be a pure fantasy - but would it ever be possible to add a slider to the Destiny Incarnates? So that you can see the effect values they give at each of it's intervals? It would be a huge quality of life to be able to toggle on the part that is permanent so see your bottom line values. 

 

Thanks 🙂 

Edited by Rinswind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2019 at 10:13 PM, Zylli said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_bug

 

"A software bug is an error, flaw, failure or fault in a computer program or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result, or to behave in unintended ways."

 

It is an unexpected result, regardless of who experienced it.  The issue I reported is a bug, according to the most widely-accepted definition of the term.

If you put "=5+4x3-7" into a spreadsheet cell and get '10', when you expected to get '20', that is an unexpected result, even though its result is correct according to the precedence of math operators. The program is doing what it is supposed to do, even if you're mistaken about what you think it should be doing. This is not a bug, no matter how unexpected it may be to you.

 

From the Hacker's Jargon Dictionary, a source I consider to be considerably more authorative than whoever decided to edit a particular Wikipedia entry last: "An unwanted and unintended property of a program or piece of hardware, esp. one that causes it to malfunction. Antonym of feature. "

 

That the Mid's Reborn build export still shows a header suggesting that it can be imported into Pine's is a bug, an oversight by Crytilis, who's been laboring to improve the functionality of the code. Fixing the header text string of the export block is much less important to the functioning of the program than the other work he's been doing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2019 at 10:17 PM, srmalloy said:

That the Mid's Reborn build export still shows a header suggesting that it can be imported into Pine's is a bug, an oversight by Crytilis, who's been laboring to improve the functionality of the code. Fixing the header text string of the export block is much less important to the functioning of the program than the other work he's been doing.

The bug is in Mids, by not doing anything to recognize, alert the user, or account for builds not compatible with it due to them being made in Pines. The database apparently has different IDs for certain powers, compared to Pines.

 

A version flag in the build seems like a basic feature that should have been implemented by Mids, Pines, and Mids Reborn so they can differentiate between builds when the database changes or when the program undergoes major changes.  I used to maintain a character builder for a game that is no longer playable, and that was one of the first things I found was needed due to changes in the game causing old builds to no longer work in game or in the builder.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Zylli said:

The bug is in Mids, by not doing anything to recognize, alert the user, or account for builds not compatible with it due to them being made in Pines. The database apparently has different IDs for certain powers, compared to Pines.

 

A version flag in the build seems like a basic feature that should have been implemented by Mids, Pines, and Mids Reborn so they can differentiate between builds when the database changes or when the program undergoes major changes.  I used to maintain a character builder for a game that is no longer playable, and that was one of the first things I found was needed due to changes in the game causing old builds to no longer work in game or in the builder.  

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it still make a sound?
 

A lack of feature is not a bug.  A lack of cross compatibility, regardless of how intuitive it seems to you, is not a bug.  It's still a lack of feature.

 

of course, you can still keep calling it a bug, but you won't be using the same inferred and explicit definition that everyone else on these forums uses.

 

I’m really unclear on why you keep pushing this, if you know it isn’t going to change anything.  I know that I am only pursuing it in an unnecessary attempt to defend Mid's Reborn, which, while full of bugs, doesn't include this lack of feature in the inventory of them.
 

 

  • Like 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

 

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I can see Mids seems to be wholly concerned with defence. Is there a programme out there that helps with attack ?

I can make a build that is very solid but cant punch his/her way out of a wet paper bag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, justicebeliever said:

A lack of feature is not a bug.  A lack of cross compatibility, regardless of how intuitive it seems to you, is not a bug.  It's still a lack of feature.

Is an error message on the screen not considered the result of a bug?

 

I'm pushing this because people are still posting builds made in Pines, despite Mids Reborn being the latest and most up-to-date.  People are going to run into this, when simple fixes could prevent the errors.  Something as simple as "your build was made in Pines and can't be loaded" message could clear things up and prevent the confusion I and others are likely to go through.

 

I have to have both Pines and Mids installed because Mids isn't fully compatible with Pines builds due to the index bug they created.  It seems if a goal of the project was to replace Pines, it didn't quite achieve that.

Edited by Zylli

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zylli said:

 

Is an error message on the screen not considered the result of a bug?

 

I'm pushing this because people are still posting builds made in Pines, despite Mids Reborn being the latest and most up-to-date.  People are going to run into this, when simple fixes could prevent the errors.  Something as simple as "your build was made in Pines and can't be loaded" message could clear things up and prevent the confusion I and others are likely to go through.

 

I have to have both Pines and Mids installed because Mids isn't fully compatible with Pines builds due to the index bug they created.  It seems if a goal of the project was to replace Pines, it didn't quite achieve that.

 

To be frank, the onerous is on the people still using Pine's, despite Mids' Reborn being heavily advertised on these forums and on the Homecoming Discord.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Apparition said:

 

To be frank, the onerous is on the people still using Pine's, despite Mids' Reborn being heavily advertised on these forums and on the Homecoming Discord.

I only just found out about Mids Reborn a few weeks ago, when I made my first comment in this thread.  I have been playing on Homecoming since early July.  The problem isn't going away by ignoring it and placing blame on the users.  The developers are the ones in the best position to fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Zylli said:

I only just found out about Mids Reborn a few weeks ago, when I made my first comment in this thread.  I have been playing on Homecoming since early July.  The problem isn't going away by ignoring it and placing blame on the users.  The developers are the ones in the best position to fix it.

Not every issue has blame.  There is no blame here.  Users are most certainly not to blame, but neither is the developer.  Not everything, in fact most things, just don't work 100%.

 

of course it's true if crytilis gets tired of other people posting about it, the right solution would be to make an enhancement that corrects.  But short of that here is no onus of blame nor responsibility.


"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

 

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2019 at 10:09 AM, Sergio said:

From what I can see Mids seems to be wholly concerned with defence. Is there a programme out there that helps with attack ?

I can make a build that is very solid but cant punch his/her way out of a wet paper bag.

The builder shows you all relevant numbers for each power:  damage per activation, damage per second, damage per animation time, recharge, and more.  You can even compare two power sets' damage numbers at the same time using the Powerset Comparison tool.  If you need help making a build to do damage, look in your desired AT's forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...