Best stalker you have played.

thegee

SJ is in the running for my favorite melee set. I can't say I have a favorite armor just yet but went /ea on my SJ. I have been debating Ice for melee and armor but not settled on anything. Closest would likely be Kat/ice or Dark/ice scrapper. I have thought about Ice/sd, so that might be an option for a stalker once I get the main three guys who I know I want to play after hitting 50 to 50, and I'm willing to just playing around with builds and seeing what else works really well. I pause on /ice for stalkers as it gives up the damage aura. On a Dark/ice scrapper, it would help fill in Dark's lack of AoE. I feel like need to try BS and Elec/sd just to fully see what the hype is about.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

I have a BS/SD/Body stalker that I love. I've got all of my purple sets and half my T4s with the others at T3. I hit for huge numbers sometimes critting for 800-1100 and can pretty much crit whenever I want. I one-shot anything yellow or lower to me and two shot oranges. I can run flat out with all of my toggles (7, I think) and never run out of end thanks to the body epic. I pretty much hover around  the monster's heads and choppy choppy at will. The most gratifying AV to fight is probably Romulus who I take huge chunks out of with every swing. If I get agro, which I sometimes do, I am very hard to take down because of all of the toggles.

It's a really fun character.

On 8/10/2019 at 11:39 AM, thegee said:

I have played street justice/bio  and I love the stalker archetype. what is your favorite build And why? I want to make another one. Share builds if you want.

Its really tough to go wrong.

BS/SR

EM/RG

Claws/Elec

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

At this point in the timeline I just wish I could have an agro aura on stalkers, weird as it may be. Mobs running away at 20% is such a PITA.

2 hours ago, Sovera said:

At this point in the timeline I just wish I could have an agro aura on stalkers, weird as it may be. Mobs running away at 20% is such a PITA.

You could. melee hybrid offers a taunt aura with the right hand branch. 

I'm not saying there is an aoe crit monster stalker dropping burn patches everywhere. but there *could* be. 

Been playing an ice melee/energy aura stalker recently. I'm actually quite impressed. While the tier 1 attack is complete garbage, the rest is actually pretty damned good. It has a nice wide cone, and a fairly powerful PBAOE for the t9. Freezing touch is a truly great power with high damage (dot though), a fast animation, and a hold on top of that. The weakness of the set is a shortage of single target attacks, but you can feed in some pool powers to fill games. When set up properly the single target DPS is downright amazing. Ice patch is very good for keeping you alive.

I had an Elec/Nin I enjoyed back in live, but my favorite Stalker now is StJ/Rad. 

It was awkward leveling with a resistance-based secondary, but kitted out at 50, she soft caps defense during Shadow Meld (Ghost Widow patron) with a 70%+ uptime, and almost all resists are in the 60-75% range.

I went with the Interface power that procs ToHit debuffs, so she doesn't even get hit much when SM wears off (and when she does, she has resistances, absorbs, self-heals, and regen).  The Interface DoTs are a bit overrated, so it's not even a big drop in DPS in exchange for the solo survivability benefit it provides. 

And, as anyone who has tried Street Justice on a Stalker will tell you, dps is through the roof.

Easily my favorite melee character, and last I checked in the build stats thread, there are less than ten StJ/Rad Stalkers at 50.

I liked my Staff/Super Reflexes stalker. Even in the 20's (?) with Force Feedbacks and LoTG's he might be the fastest toon I've played for doing 1 shots . I really like the animations too. 

I kind of liked Kinetic Melee (some people complain about the sound fx), but deleted that one when I made the staff/SR one because I liked the speed so much more. The first two offensive powers; mercurial blow and precise strike are seemingly so fast that it makes me think it might be bugged. It might just be my perception. Sometimes I'll hit the third in the chain for auto crit before they even have a chance to throw the first blow.

He was also fun to play on teams without a tank. Q:"Anyone mind if I Hide upto the boss and assassin's strike him?" A:"We have no tank. Go ahead." Followed that up with the Eye of the Storm putting all of the nearby minions on their back. AS was the queue for everyone with ranged damage to unleash the fury. Most were done before Eye finished cool-down. (this was 5th column, so not a hard faction to do that with really).

Trademarked Name (@Trademark)

Hocus-Pocus, Assault, Joan (of Atlas), Homunculous, Ensorcellress, Seismic, Wolfin, J0LT, The Limit, Transparency, Fastball, Loremaster, Monkey-Boy, Presto Chango, Kazam

On 9/24/2019 at 6:25 PM, Sovera said:

Chilling embrace works nicely IMO. they still do take to the hills but it slows there running to a crawl and it aggros mobs out of hide, I use it to herd. I just recent respec'd my ice/ice to mu mastery and got zapp and ball lightning over moonboom and GD I'm a little AoE death machine between frost, frozen aura, ball lightning and ion judgement it just all falls

Edited by Colder
Spelling

First one : Nin / Nin with max perception bonus to track down "fake" stealth people in pvp zone 🙂 and the AS in Ninjato was a piece of art back in the day.

Now

Psy / bio pvp with "intercept" build AKA based on Greater Psy Blade and Moonbeam.

Street Justice / bio pve with Fire epic : very fun, powerfull and well rounded.

Just another French Player

So Excuse my old, bad and too french English !

Join THE COSMIC COUNCIL !!!

https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N