Assault Rifle/invuln direction

Glowman

This may be useful for you on Invulnerability.

For AR, it's an AoE focused powerset at its best. I haven't done a lot with AR intensively, so I only have very general advice, sorry. On initial pass, just grab the powers as they come, but later on in the build you can skip any two of Burst, Disorienting Shot, and Slug as to your taste. I strongly recommend Positron's Blast with Damage/Range for all Sentinel cones, Sudden Acceleration KB to KD for M30 Grenade, and Sentinel ATOs for range.

Everlasting: American iDoll, Dumbelle, Chernobyl Rose, Caged Cuckoo, Joseon One

irregulars book logo noby white.png

Sundered Marches: The Website | The Official Soundtrack!

I've played Sentinel AR.  

Sentinel AR is a powers hungry set, and so is Invulnerability.  This won't leave you with a lot of room for extra toys, but that's OK.  Invul is pretty durable and doesn't really need a lot of extras even on regular old basic IO's.  Invulnerability can also get away with a lot of underslotting (non-max).  On basic IO's you can put 2 resist IO's in the passives if you like, and up to 4 in toggles (3 resist 1 endurance).  This might make slotting on the primary kind of tight.  Thankfully, Burst and Disorienting Shot don't require a ton of recharge slotting so you can underslot them a bit on basic IO's too (4-5).  

I do not recommend skipping anything in Assault Rifle on Sentinels unless it is a min/max build using IO sets.  If you really felt you wanted to skip something, it would be Slug and only after you've finished making it.  Let me explain why (it's a preview of what I'll put in guide sometime soon).  

First off, Disorienting Shot is the best attack in the set and you can get it at level 1.  It's damage-per-activation is very high for what it is and its not a typo.  Burst is your only power that comes with a debuff (-defense) and both animates and recharges fast.  In fact, if you want to go on the cheap and just 3 slot this with Thunderstrike (acc/dmg, acc/dmg/end, dmg/end) then that's fine.  The defense debuff from Burst helps a little with accuracy early on and the power itself can be available frequently due to its short cool down.  Slug completes your attack sequence until level 26.  That's why I don't recommend skipping any of those.  Even at level 50, if you ever exemplar AR will be stuck with only 2 attacks for single target if you skip these.  Furthermore, Incinerator at level 26 comes with a 15 second long cool down meaning long gaps if you skip something.  You could supplement your single target attacks with an AoE, but AR's attacks aren't great for that.  

AR is a heavy AoE set offering 3 cones and 1 targeted AoE.  Buckshot is possibly a skip option, but if you drop Slug you'll need it to supplement your attacks early on.  M30 Grenade may not look like much on paper but it is your only source of a 10 target attack on the Sentinel.  That alone makes it valuable.  Flamethrower comes at 18 which matures your AoE earlier than it does your single target.  The capstone power, Full Auto, is the final cone.  There is no reason to skip it.  Finally, there is Aim and everyone enjoys a burst of damage.  Again no reason to skip it.  

For basic IO leveling, I'd prioritize Defensive Opportunity making Disorienting Shot even more valuable.  All of your AoE's will contribute to restoring health and endurance.  So the build should feel very energizer bunny-ish against groups of enemies, but may be a little "meh" against tough targets.  Maybe, maybe not. 

• Like 1

I don't disagree with really anything @oldskool said there, but I'll say that personally I skipped Slug and Burst with my AR/Inv -- though I haven't gotten REALLY deep into it yet -- just because the powers are so tight between the two. 

They're absolutely right that it's sacrificing the single target rotation, but I was two powers tight and I decided it was an acceptable cost for an AoE focused set that has a lot of cones to substitute at okayish damage. 

The exemplar cost is real though.

Edited by Sunsette

Everlasting: American iDoll, Dumbelle, Chernobyl Rose, Caged Cuckoo, Joseon One

irregulars book logo noby white.png

Sundered Marches: The Website | The Official Soundtrack!