Defender Super Team

scarhead

Hi Psylensz0511,

Yeah you would be 4 hours behind so at 15:00, it would be 19:00 for myself. I would tend to be hopping on and off throughout the day, but it would be roughly around that time I'd be sitting down ready to begin a proper CoH session 🙂

Is/would your SG be hero or villain side?  (Everlasting shard, right?) 

On 5/31/2020 at 7:10 AM, Psylenz0511 said:

If I were designing an 8 man defender superteam, I would want:

A Forcefielder for maximum defense early on, near defense cap when level 25 enhancements are slottable.

A Dark Defender, which synergizes so well with max defense. It also has debuffs to incoming damage potential and damage resistance of foes, and Howling Twilight, the stun that also rezzes

A Storm Defender; with the knockback to knockdown IOs available some of the annoyance factor in storm is lessened.

A Kinetic defender; you know the buffs, but the -damage debuffs are too often overlooked.

A Traps defender; great buffs, even better debuffs with big -regen

The last 3 slots could be filled equally well by Cold, TA, Empathy, Thermal, Nature's Affinity, Poison, Sonic, and Radiation.

... we are going to need a league to fit all the goodness in

A proper all-defender team has 8 using Maneuvers so FF is vastly wasted. Interesting to not see Time listed. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

3 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

A proper all-defender team has 8 using Maneuvers so FF is vastly wasted. Interesting to not see Time listed. 

Yesss, leadership is not wasted, but I was thinking mezz protection from dispersion bubble, and the little bubbles stay with you even if you stray from the group.

I accidentally omitted Time, I like time. I also adore electric affinity, especially the Faraday cage.

18 minutes ago, Psylenz0511 said:

Yesss, leadership is not wasted, but I was thinking mezz protection from dispersion bubble, and the little bubbles stay with you even if you stray from the group.

I accidentally omitted Time, I like time. I also adore electric affinity, especially the Faraday cage.

In your listing you have Traps selected which will cover the mezz protection as well. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

Well after spending far longer trying different power sets than any sane person really should.....Rad/Rad just feels right.

I am now on Everlasting under the name RIllion Vexwave and hope to bump in to you ladies and gents in-game!  

12 hours ago, Rillion said:

Well after spending far longer trying different power sets than any sane person really should.....Rad/Rad just feels right.

I am now on Everlasting under the name RIllion Vexwave and hope to bump in to you ladies and gents in-game!  

Add me as a global friend, send me an offline private message if I am not online at the time: @psylenz and I will get us connected.

Interest in the superteam seems to be rising again. I will make every attempt to be online at 3PM EDT (New York TIme) on this coming Sunday to just meet up socially to get logistics worked out. Some casual defender-heavy teaming would be appropriate, too, but I am not expecting a full blown team run right away. Add me as a global friend @psylenz and send me a private message.

• Like 1

I have three super teams of interest if I add this one in. I only got to finally team with one last night as my wife's schedule isn't stable so it is difficult to say when I can game, or I would have put more effort into a Time based SG. Plus, wife > CoH. 🙂 I'm on Excelsior, but I can server transfer a defender over as needed. I have a lowbie Time/dp as I haven't really tried DP and I haven't gotten a Time character to 30 or much after it.

Is there a channel for this group?

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

On 12/19/2019 at 1:14 PM, Psylenz0511 said:

The Super group was formed 12/17/2019. We set up a global channel "Buffed Up". We haven't really set up any ground rules yet. There is a spartan base with teleporters, crafting tables, and a merit ATM with also rez circles. The SG is all defender, Everlasting Defenders. I am leaning to an all Corruptor SG in coalition with the defenders. That would be a sweet way to retain the identity of both groups and teaming through coalition and the global channels.

• Like 1

I'm going to add on a couple builds, but if anyone is on this morning, I'm up for teaming. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

Wife's day off so waiting to see what her plan is. I rolled three defenders and played around with one only to be reminded I prefer not doing buff based sets so I might try out some other sets as they would be new to me, but likely will be a Dark/dark and Time/dp. I've never really even looked at Poison so that might be worth a roll at some point. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

Well, outside of the hour long phone call which prevented me from playing at the start, it was a fun time. Deaths were minimal outside of the time there was talk of adding a Discord channel and people trying to join that while in a mission. Discord: https://discord.gg/9XGRUR

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

On 6/7/2020 at 11:00 PM, Without_Pause said:

Well, outside of the hour long phone call which prevented me from playing at the start, it was a fun time. Deaths were minimal outside of the time there was talk of adding a Discord channel and people trying to join that while in a mission. Discord: https://discord.gg/9XGRUR

Invite doesn't seem to be valid anymore. If you log onto Discord, you can search for the Everlasting Defenders server.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

Almost done lawn moving, and will log on then.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

Father's Day is today so I'm not sure how many are logging in at 3.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

In short, Sundays are going to be terrible for me for awhile.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.