Defender Super Team

scarhead

• 2 weeks later
6 hours ago, Gobbledegook said:

I remember back in the day Teams of Rad Defenders being a thing. All stacking Accelerate Metabolism. Damage/recharge/recovery,  Is that still a thing?

Would that be 200% damage/240% recharge/240%recovery and very fast movement speeds, Rotating nukes.

I don't know of any group doing this specifically, but it would still work on an all Rad/x defender team: dmg, recovery, recharge, some mezz resist, rotating anchors would debuff defense and resistance, stacking lingering ratiation two or three times, rotating nukes, rotating EMPulse - oh my, gives me chills. Let's not forget a good mixture of sonic debuff, rad blast debuff, water debuff, dark blast debuff, mmm. Toss in dual pistols, fire blast, ice blast, psy blast for flavor.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2019 at 11:54 PM, scarhead said:

I'm having a great time being back in CoV. Much of my legacy Coalition has returned and we are creating teams and doing Strike Forces and such. I remember reading about all defender super teams in the past, and the idea came up tonight for a Themed Team made of the coalition members. We have at least 6 people who play regularly, and more who play sometimes.

Leaving aside the themes, unless you have some suggestions, I was trying to wrap my mind around what would be a great synergistic build of 6-8 defenders. Goals are maxing defense and resistance, for buffs, along with +recovery and +regen, and -resist and -regen for debuffs. I came up with Sonic (x2), Thermal, Kin, Cold, and Dark. We already have a Fire/Kin Corruptor, and I thought that would be ok, and we have a Plant/Dark Controller, which I also thought would be ok, so long as the other 4-6 are defenders.

We could go 2 sonic/sonic, a thermal/beam, and a cold/ice, with whatever for the remaining 2.

With everyone running full leadership pool, we should be at defense softcap from /dark controller and Cold/ defender.

My question is, am I on the right track with these combos? Am I missing something? What would be good combos for the last 2? Should I modify anything?

I have played almost exclusively brutes, so this would be a big change for me and I'm not familiar at all with the ins and outs of defender play, but I'm interested in finding out.

Thanks.

Just play 8 rad/x defenders and watch the game become trivial.

On 8/24/2020 at 3:20 PM, CabooseCC said:

I guess.  Though I would like to see a group of 8 Storm/x defenders.

If you're wondering if they'd trivialize the content ... 1) I have seen a team of Stormies destroy an ITF pre Incarnate.  2) A Storm/Sonic was an early example of a defender soloing AV's.  I seriously doubt newer IOs and Incarnate abilities added on would make them less capable.  Defender AT mods on Leadership powers already gives them a silly good headstart.

On 8/26/2020 at 12:15 PM, Doomguide2005 said:

If you're wondering if they'd trivialize the content ... 1) I have seen a team of Stormies destroy an ITF pre Incarnate.  2) A Storm/Sonic was an early example of a defender soloing AV's.  I seriously doubt newer IOs and Incarnate abilities added on would make them less capable.  Defender AT mods on Leadership powers already gives them a silly good headstart.

I guess I worded that a little funny.  I have no doubt that an 8 man storm/x defender group would ravage content.  I think I was wishing out loud.  😄

• Like 1