Build Challenge! Poor Man's TW/Bio Scrapper

Cheapshot

58 minutes ago, jparkwarrock95 said:

So to me it seems like it's between agility, musculature, and spiritual right? More or less have this build currently. Musculature seems nice but I read something about diminishing returns? 

Musculature is where it's at !! Yes there are diminishing returns when you have over 100% damage bonus on your power, but if you read the Musculature core carefully you will see that the diminishing returns are negated more and more as you level it up to T4 in which case 66% of it isn't diminished

This is very much how I build my own characters.  I use frankenslotting liberally here, because I prefer to emphasize core competencies rather than chase set bonuses.  The only pricey things here are the recovery uniques, which you may not need with /bio, and which I always buy with merits if I don't have a spare in the shop.

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

cheapo: Level 50 Magic Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Titan Weapons
Secondary Power Set: Bio Armor
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Body Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Defensive Sweep -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx:50(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(3), Mlt-Acc/Dmg:50(5), Mlt-Acc/EndRdx:50(13), Mlt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(42), Mlt-Dmg/Rchg:50(43)
Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx:50(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(23), TtnCtn-EndRdx:50(25), TtnCtn-ResDam:50(25), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg:50(48)
Level 2: Titan Sweep -- Mlt-Acc/Dmg:50(A), Mlt-Dmg/EndRdx:50(3), Mlt-Dmg/Rchg:50(5), Mlt-Acc/EndRdx:50(15), Mlt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(17), Mlt-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(45)
Level 4: Environmental Modification -- EndRdx-I:30(A)
Level 6: Follow Through -- RopADop-Acc/Rchg:50(A), RopADop-Acc/EndRdx:50(7), RopADop-Acc/Stun/Rchg:50(7), CrsImp-Dmg/Rchg:50(13), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx:50(40), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(43)
Level 8: Build Momentum -- AdjTrg-Rchg:50(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg:50(9), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg:50(9)
Level 10: Inexhaustible -- EffAdp-EndMod:50(A), EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg:50(11), EffAdp-EndMod/Acc:50(11), DctWnd-Heal:50(15), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx:50(40), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg:50(40)
Level 12: Adaptation
Level 14: Super Jump -- Jump-I:50(A)
Level 16: Ablative Carapace -- Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx:50(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg:50(17), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg:50(43), Prv-Absorb%:50(46)
Level 18: Rend Armor -- ShlBrk-Acc/DefDeb:30(A), ShlBrk-Acc/Rchg:30(19), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg:50(19), CrsImp-Dmg/Rchg:50(31), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx:50(34), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(37)
Level 20: Evolving Armor -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx:50(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(21), TtnCtn-EndRdx:50(21), TtnCtn-ResDam:50(48)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(23)
Level 24: Combat Jumping -- GifoftheA-Run+:40(A), GifoftheA-Def:40(37)
Level 26: Whirling Smash -- Mlt-Acc/Dmg:50(A), Mlt-Dmg/EndRdx:50(27), Mlt-Dmg/Rchg:50(27), Mlt-Acc/EndRdx:50(31), Mlt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(36), Mlt-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(37)
Level 28: DNA Siphon -- EffAdp-EndMod/Acc/Rchg:50(A), EffAdp-Acc/Rchg:50(29), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx:50(29), Prv-Heal/Rchg:50(31), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg:50(46)
Level 30: Kick -- Acc-I:50(A)
Level 32: Arc of Destruction -- Erd-Acc/Rchg:30(A), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:30(33), ClvBlo-Acc/Dmg:50(33), ClvBlo-Dmg/EndRdx:50(33), ClvBlo-Dmg/Rchg:50(34), ClvBlo-Acc/Rchg:50(34)
Level 35: Genetic Contamination -- ScrDrv-Dmg/EndRdx:50(A), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(36), ScrDrv-Acc/Rchg:50(36), ScrDrv-Dam%:50(50)
Level 38: Parasitic Aura -- Prv-Heal:50(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx:50(39), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg:50(39), Prv-Heal/Rchg:50(39), EnrMnp-Stun%:20(46)
Level 41: Tough -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx:50(A), TtnCtn-EndRdx/Rchg:50(42), TtnCtn-EndRdx:50(42)
Level 44: Weave -- Srn-Def/EndRdx:40(A), Srn-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:40(45), Srn-EndRdx:40(45)
Level 47: Conserve Power -- RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(48)
Level 49: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%:50(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Jump-I:50(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I:50(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+:40(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+:50(50)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I:50(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%:50(A), PrfShf-EndMod:50(50)
Level 1: Momentum
Level 12: Defensive Adaptation
Level 12: Efficient Adaptation
Level 12: Offensive Adaptation
------------

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

1 hour ago, Heraclea said:

This is very much how I build my own characters.  I use frankenslotting liberally here, because I prefer to emphasize core competencies rather than chase set bonuses.  The only pricey things here are the recovery uniques, which you may not need with /bio, and which I always buy with merits if I don't have a spare in the shop.

2 things missing from this build :
Scrapper's Strike - Recharge/Crit Bonus
Critical Strikes - Recharge/50% Crit Proc

These 2 frankenslots, while somewhat pricey probably around the 10mil each make SUCH a huge difference in a build. If you would have to choose just 1, I would go with the proc. That thing will skyrocket your damage. Just put it in one of your openers, preferably Titan Sweep and go ham with Whirling Smash and Arc of Destruction and what the crit tree light up !
Also once you hit 50 you will find Enhancement Catalysts as drops so you can upgrade them to purple for even more proc chance and a bigger passive crit bonus

Edited by Seigmoraig

31 minutes ago, Seigmoraig said:

2 things missing from this build :
Scrapper's Strike - Recharge/Crit Bonus
Critical Strikes - Recharge/50% Crit Proc

These 2 frankenslots, while somewhat pricey probably around the 10mil each make SUCH a huge difference in a build. If you would have to choose just 1, I would go with the proc. That thing will skyrocket your damage. Just put it in one of your openers, preferably Titan Sweep and go ham with Whirling Smash and Arc of Destruction and what the crit tree light up !
Also once you hit 50 you will find Enhancement Catalysts as drops so you can upgrade them to purple for even more proc chance and a bigger passive crit bonus

I have them on my Kinetic/Rad scrapper.  Finding a place for them with Titan Weapons is a bit more difficult, if only because TW doesn't really have lowbie attacks that you can spam. 

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Scrapper's Strike increases your critical chance passively, you don't need to use the power it's slotted into to get that bonus.

As for Critical Strikes, you want to use that IO in your highest recharge power. With the PPM changes, the highest recharge the more chance to proc. Sticking the Critical Strikes ATO in Rend Armor makes it proc more than half of the time.

Edited by nihilii

By 'highest recharge' do you mean fastest or slowest?

21 hours ago, nihilii said:

As for Critical Strikes, you want to use that IO in your highest recharge power. With the PPM changes, the highest recharge the more chance to proc. Sticking the Critical Strikes ATO in Rend Armor makes it proc more than half of the time.

I use it in Titan Sweep as it is my opener, the next 2 powers in sequence are Arc of Destruction and Whirling Smash. I didn't really look at ppm or anything I just wanted to make sure that the crits happen always on Arc and Whirling Smash because Arc is the hardest hitting AoE and Whirling needs an opener anyways so it doesn't make sense that it has the proc. When I translate to single target, it's less optimal but still functional, I use Titan Sweep as the opener there for the proc to benefit Follow Through and Rend Armor

• 1 year later
On 8/13/2019 at 5:08 AM, Nightmarer no more said:

This is the closest I could make it to S/L softcap without using ATO or Winter enhancements. It's 40% S/L def but it's Melee softcapped so I guess this would work. Of course, just by using a Brute Superior ATO and a minor Slot reshuffling, you could get the opposite, 40% Melee and S/L softcap but I guess this would perform similarly if not better.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.1
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Level 50 Magic Scrapper
Power Pool: Leadership

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Crushing Blow -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(15), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(15), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(5), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(7), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(9)
Level 2: Titan Sweep -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(9), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(11), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), Obl-%Dam(46)
Level 4: Inexhaustible -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal(5)
Level 6: Follow Through -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(7), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(11), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48)
Level 8: Environmental Modification -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 10: Adaptation
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- Ksm-ToHit+(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(13), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(13)
Level 14: Super Jump -- Jump-I(A)
Level 16: Build Momentum -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(17), RechRdx-I(17)
Level 18: Rend Armor -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(19), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(19), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45)
Level 20: Ablative Carapace -- DctWnd-Rchg(A), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(21), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(21), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(25), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 22: Evolving Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(23), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(23), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(25)
Level 24: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Whirling Smash -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(27), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(27), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), Obl-%Dam(50)
Level 28: DNA Siphon -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(29), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(29), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), Obl-%Dam(40)
Level 30: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(31), UnbGrd-Max HP%(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(42), UnbGrd-ResDam(43)
Level 32: Arc of Destruction -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(33), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(33), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), Obl-%Dam(34)
Level 35: Genetic Contamination -- Mlt-Acc/EndRdx(A), Mlt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), Mlt-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Mlt-Acc/Dmg(36), Mlt-Dmg/Rchg(39), Mlt-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 38: Parasitic Aura -- TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(A), TchoftheN-Heal/HP/Regen/Rchg(39), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Heal/HP/Regen(39)
Level 41: Weave -- Rct-ResDam%(A), LucoftheG-Def(42), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(42), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(43)
Level 44: Conserve Power -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Physical Perfection -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 49: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(3), EndMod-I(3)
Level 10: Defensive Adaptation
Level 10: Efficient Adaptation
Level 10: Offensive Adaptation
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 0: Portal Jockey
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon
------------

I couldn't get this to load in the latest version of Mid's for me so i re-made it with some minor changes. Reorganized powers for exemp, Swapped focused accuracy in to replace conserve power, and went the performance shifter route. The only thing i don't' get is Titan Sweep since i never use it. Maybe it's a mule? Other wise it seems great.

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

tw/bio/body: Level 50 Natural Scrapper
Power Pool: Leadership

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Crushing Blow -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(3), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(3), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7)
Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(7), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(9), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(9)
Level 2: Titan Sweep -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(11), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(11), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), Obl-%Dam(15)
Level 4: Super Jump -- Jump-I(A)
Level 6: Inexhaustible -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal(15)
Level 8: Follow Through -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(17), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(17), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21)
Level 10: Environmental Modification -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 12: Adaptation 
Level 14: Build Momentum -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(23), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 16: Ablative Carapace -- DctWnd-Rchg(A), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(31), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(31), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(31), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 18: Rend Armor -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(25), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(27), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29)
Level 20: Evolving Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(21), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(33), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(34)
Level 22: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 24: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Whirling Smash -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(34), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(37), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), Obl-%Dam(36)
Level 28: DNA Siphon -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(37), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(37), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), Obl-%Dam(49)
Level 30: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(33), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(34)
Level 32: Arc of Destruction -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(42), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(42), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), Obl-%Dam(43)
Level 35: Genetic Contamination -- Mlt-Acc/Dmg(A), Mlt-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Mlt-Dmg/Rchg(45), Mlt-Acc/EndRdx(45), Mlt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), Mlt-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 38: Parasitic Aura -- TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(A), TchoftheN-Heal/HP/Regen/Rchg(39), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Heal/HP/Regen(40)
Level 41: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(46), UnbGrd-Max HP%(47), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(42), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(50), UnbGrd-ResDam(50)
Level 44: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(47), LucoftheG-Def(48), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 47: Focused Accuracy -- ToHit-I(A)
Level 49: Physical Perfection -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- IntRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(48), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(49)
Level 12: Defensive Adaptation 
Level 12: Efficient Adaptation 
Level 12: Offensive Adaptation 
------------

Edited by admiralnorman
build didn't load
  • Like 1

- You guys are the real heroes!