Sir Myshkin

Proc Monsters - Controller Edition

7 hours ago, WitchofDread said:

so no need to slot Sudden Acceleration KB>KD?

Correct. For anything even-con and up, the power will execute Knockdown, but anything in the (roughly) -3 or lower the power can inflict KB instead, it was a troublesome thing I had to deal with when testing proc frequencies on the chain.

1 hour ago, Sir Myshkin said:

Correct. For anything even-con and up, the power will execute Knockdown, but anything in the (roughly) -3 or lower the power can inflict KB instead, it was a troublesome thing I had to deal with when testing proc frequencies on the chain.

Heh, yeah, and the KB goes in pretty random directions. It's kind of funny how Hellions explode in all directions when you use it 😄

I Just finished your build on my dark/time and It Is a real Monster. Thank you more for your work.

P.s: please Stick this thread because is pure Gold.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, reib said:

I Just finished your build on my dark/time and It Is a real Monster. Thank you more for your work.

P.s: please Stick this thread because is pure Gold.

What is your damage output like?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, WitchofDread said:

What is your damage output like?

Is difficult to Say cause damage coming with procs and It Is very irregular. Defence Is awsome but the only problem Is Accuracy Who seems to be Little low. Maybe can be Better with the right incarnate.

Edited by reib

1 hour ago, reib said:

Is difficult to Say cause damage coming with procs and It Is very irregular. Defence Is awsome but the only problem Is Accuracy Who seems to be Little low. Maybe can be Better with the right incarnate.

If you can try slot in the kismet +acc and see if that helps. But yeah you will want to get the incarnate with +acc  

how is Electrical Affinity for proc monstering?

thus far, I've figured out that Faraday can be a place where you can put ALL the resist damage set procs...but my build fu is weak..

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Kencyr said:

thus far, I've figured out that Faraday can be a place where you can put ALL the resist damage set procs...but my build fu is weak..

Electrical Affinity It is on Mid's already?

Edited by reib

I need something tested in game.

I need to know if slotting an Entomb (not Superior) will "always" have a 90% chance to proc an Absorb shield onto the caster when casting Distortion Field from Time Manipulation.

Note that Distortion Field does not require a $Target in order to cast the power because it is a Target Location type power, so the only delay you'll have in testing it is recharge.

I calculate that even with 100% recharge slotted into the power, Entomb ought to have a 90% proc rate upon casting Distortion Field.

Someone please test for me so as to prove me right or wrong (and if I'm wrong, what is the proc chance revealed by testing?).

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

7 hours ago, Kencyr said:

The set itself has almost no useful proc opportunities. While new End Mod IO sets have been added, none of them have particularly good partial set abilities (all the good abilities are at the 5- and 6- slot level and they're not all that great) nor are the procs all that useful. Other than End Mod,  it's got two heals so you've got some decent (but not exceptional) set bonuses and the bubble (which can store the standard resist set uniques). It can't slot any damage procs, Force Feedback or -resist procs - the really important ones.

In terms of how it pairs with other sets, it does provide the key element: recharge. However, it provides it in a dysfunctional manner, requiring you spend a lot of time boosting your recharge and requiring a nearby ally/pet to do so. This makes it less effective for reducing the recharge of your single target rotation and more of a method for reducing the cooldown of long recharge powers. It also provides +hit to allow slotting a lot of procs in Blast set, but it does so in the same sort of dysfunctional manner.

Overall, I think Electric Affinity is a solid support-centric set - but it really doesn't serve as a particularly good set for offensively focused builds.

6 hours ago, Redlynne said:

I need to know if slotting an Entomb (not Superior) will "always" have a 90% chance to proc an Absorb shield onto the caster when casting Distortion Field from Time Manipulation.

Note that Distortion Field does not require a $Target in order to cast the power because it is a Target Location type power, so the only delay you'll have in testing it is recharge.

I calculate that even with 100% recharge slotted into the power, Entomb ought to have a 90% proc rate upon casting Distortion Field.

Someone please test for me so as to prove me right or wrong (and if I'm wrong, what is the proc chance revealed by testing?).

As far as I can tell, Entomb can't proc in Distortion Field (although the proc chance may just be very low).

• Thanks 1

Well, on the good side it has access to some good damage procs.

On the bad side, they don't have much chance to activate... I think about 20%, checked every 10 seconds. So a normal damage proc at level 50 would average about 13 damage, every 10 seconds. Getting 1.3 DPS from a single damage IO in a damage aura would be considered pretty poor, so I don't think this would be an efficient use of slots.

Well that's disappointing then. It's a power I have always wanted to run in tandem with WoC. But definitely not worth it then! Shame.

Posted (edited)

Patch Update for Electrical Affinity is in the core Defender thread as of... five minutes ago. I'll link here for folks referencing from this thread. Nothing specific in the information that would change anything from a Controller perspective, it's a pretty proc-light set (link goes straight to the post):

Side note: Personally I think Fire/Electric is looking to be one of the more interesting iterations since Fire Imps can get buffed and healed in triplicate pretty quickly, and those buffs can come back to the player, and the set is a little self-fixing from an endurance stand point if enough of the +End procs get dropped around. Might finally be able to run Hot Feet! There's also the obvious Elec/Elec combination for a sap-minded build that also has the same effect on Gremlins from a buff standpoint. Definitely not a Fire/Kin, but a bit more forgiving when it comes to Imp positioning and healing.

Edited by Sir Myshkin

4 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

Patch Update for Electrical Affinity is in the core Defender thread as of... five minutes ago. I'll link here for folks referencing from this thread. Nothing specific in the information that would change anything from a Controller perspective, it's a pretty proc-light set (link goes straight to the post):

Side note: Personally I think Fire/Electric is looking to be one of the more interesting iterations since Fire Imps can get buffed and healed in triplicate pretty quickly, and those buffs can come back to the player, and the set is a little self-fixing from an endurance stand point if enough of the +End procs get dropped around. Might finally be able to run Hot Feet! There's also the obvious Elec/Elec combination for a sap-minded build that also has the same effect on Gremlins from a buff standpoint. Definitely not a Fire/Kin, but a bit more forgiving when it comes to Imp positioning and healing.

I have a level 36 Elec/Elec Controller and it’s pretty good. Gremlins are very tanky with all the circuit buffs. Still play testing before I put a final build together, but I think it will end up being a monster on teams. I’m having a hard time picking which powers I don’t want, so many seem like a good choice! Has anyone gotten one to 50 with a full IO/Incarnate build? 

Has anyone tried putting the Regenerative Tissue proc into Temporal Mending for Time Manipulation?

I'm curious to know if the +25% Regeneration applies only to the caster or gets to distributed to everyone within the PBAoE when cast (so +25% Regeneration for everyone, not just the caster).

This could have implications for my Time Manipulation builds ...

IifneyR.gif

On 4/2/2020 at 5:34 PM, Redlynne said:

I haven't tested the absorb proc specifically but the proc chance for damage procs in distortion field is incredibly low.

1 hour ago, josh1622 said:

I haven't tested the absorb proc specifically but the proc chance for damage procs in distortion field is incredibly low.

That's because in order for damage procs in Distortion Field to have an effect (deal damage) they're being powered by a toggle run by the summoned pseudo-pet, which has a 20ft radius.

Most damage procs are 3.5 PPM or higher (going all the way up to 5.0 PPM for Superior Will of the Controller).

• 3.5 x 10 / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 20 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 17.95% chance per $Target every ~10 sec
  • 4.0 x 10 / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 20 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 20.51% chance per $Target every ~10 sec
  • 4.5 x 10 / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 20 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 23.08% chance per $Target every ~10 sec
  • 5.0 x 10 / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 20 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 25.64% chance per $Target every ~10 sec

Which doesn't sound like a whole lot of damage production until you realize that's against multiple $Targets and having multiple damage procs in Distortion Field (which does not need nor allow the slotting of Accuracy enhancements, meaning the power is autohit).  Here's what happens when you have multiples (1-4):

• 1 - (1 - 0.1795)1 = 17.95% for at least 1 damage proc
  • 1 - (1 - 0.1795)2 = 32.68% for at least 1 damage proc
  • 1 - (1 - 0.1795)3 = 44.76% for at least 1 damage proc
  • 1 - (1 - 0.1795)4 = 54.68% for at least 1 damage proc

Will of the Controller damage proc has a 4.0 or 5.0 PPM (Superior is higher), and the Unbreakable damage proc has a 4.5 PPM.  Put all of those in and you get:

• Non-Superior: 1 - ((1 - 0.1795)4 * (1 - 0.2051) * (1 - 0.2308) = 72.29% for at least 1 damage proc
  • Superior: 1 - ((1 - 0.1795)4 * (1 - 0.2564) * (1 - 0.2308) = 74.08% for at least 1 damage proc

However, that's just the chances for a SINGLE damage proc per $Target with 6 damage procs in Distortion Field ... it doesn't include the chances for multiple damage procs per $Target (which is a sub-set of the at least 1 damage proc condition).

Now, I don't know about anyone else, but having ~72% to ~74% chance (roll 2-4 on 1d4) to proc 71.75-107.1 damage every 10s is closing in on the throughput of a stock and standard damage aura power, and can deliver those damage procs to an AoE (rather than to a single target) which also debuffs movement speeds so $Targets cannot escape.  So the combination turns Distortion Field into more of a "rain" styled damage production out of power that does not deal damage by default.

Now, that's of course assuming that Distortion Field isn't being subjected to the "rain" type powers reduction to damage procs.

On another note:

On 4/5/2020 at 11:03 AM, Redlynne said:

Has anyone tried putting the Regenerative Tissue proc into Temporal Mending for Time Manipulation?

I'm curious to know if the +25% Regeneration applies only to the caster or gets to distributed to everyone within the PBAoE when cast (so +25% Regeneration for everyone, not just the caster).

This could have implications for my Time Manipulation builds ...

I'm kind of surprised that no one has an answer to this question yet.

IifneyR.gif

4 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

That's because in order for damage procs in Distortion Field to have an effect (deal damage) they're being powered by a toggle run by the summoned pseudo-pet, which has a 20ft radius.

Most damage procs are 3.5 PPM or higher (going all the way up to 5.0 PPM for Superior Will of the Controller).

• 3.5 x 10 / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 20 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 17.95% chance per $Target every ~10 sec
  • 4.0 x 10 / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 20 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 20.51% chance per $Target every ~10 sec
  • 4.5 x 10 / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 20 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 23.08% chance per $Target every ~10 sec
  • 5.0 x 10 / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 20 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 25.64% chance per $Target every ~10 sec

Which doesn't sound like a whole lot of damage production until you realize that's against multiple $Targets and having multiple damage procs in Distortion Field (which does not need nor allow the slotting of Accuracy enhancements, meaning the power is autohit).  Here's what happens when you have multiples (1-4):

• 1 - (1 - 0.1795)1 = 17.95% for at least 1 damage proc
  • 1 - (1 - 0.1795)2 = 32.68% for at least 1 damage proc
  • 1 - (1 - 0.1795)3 = 44.76% for at least 1 damage proc
  • 1 - (1 - 0.1795)4 = 54.68% for at least 1 damage proc

Will of the Controller damage proc has a 4.0 or 5.0 PPM (Superior is higher), and the Unbreakable damage proc has a 4.5 PPM.  Put all of those in and you get:

• Non-Superior: 1 - ((1 - 0.1795)4 * (1 - 0.2051) * (1 - 0.2308) = 72.29% for at least 1 damage proc
  • Superior: 1 - ((1 - 0.1795)4 * (1 - 0.2564) * (1 - 0.2308) = 74.08% for at least 1 damage proc

However, that's just the chances for a SINGLE damage proc per $Target with 6 damage procs in Distortion Field ... it doesn't include the chances for multiple damage procs per $Target (which is a sub-set of the at least 1 damage proc condition).

Now, I don't know about anyone else, but having ~72% to ~74% chance (roll 2-4 on 1d4) to proc 71.75-107.1 damage every 10s is closing in on the throughput of a stock and standard damage aura power, and can deliver those damage procs to an AoE (rather than to a single target) which also debuffs movement speeds so $Targets cannot escape.  So the combination turns Distortion Field into more of a "rain" styled damage production out of power that does not deal damage by default.

Now, that's of course assuming that Distortion Field isn't being subjected to the "rain" type powers reduction to damage procs.

On another note:

I'm kind of surprised that no one has an answer to this question yet.

I'm not sure why but the chance to proc in distortion field is way lower than the math indicates.  I tried slotting it with procs and tested 500 proc chances.  A 3.5 PPM IO was only going off 6% of the time.

2 minutes ago, josh1622 said:

I'm not sure why but the chance to proc in distortion field is way lower than the math indicates.  I tried slotting it with procs and tested 500 proc chances.  A 3.5 PPM IO was only going off 6% of the time.

If that's true, then it would seem that Distortion Field is being classed as a "rain" type power despite doing no damage (natively).

@Bopper can you get any field testing for this?

IifneyR.gif

I would really appreciate someone doing more thorough testing on it.  I loved using distortion field as a proc power before the PPM changes but it just doesn't seem to function as well now.  It still seems good in a sustained fight against AVs since you get the full duration and way more proc opportunities.  But the proc chance seems too low to deal much damage against normal mobs.

1 hour ago, Redlynne said:

If that's true, then it would seem that Distortion Field is being classed as a "rain" type power despite doing no damage (natively).

@Bopper can you get any field testing for this?

1 hour ago, josh1622 said:

I would really appreciate someone doing more thorough testing on it.  I loved using distortion field as a proc power before the PPM changes but it just doesn't seem to function as well now.  It still seems good in a sustained fight against AVs since you get the full duration and way more proc opportunities.  But the proc chance seems too low to deal much damage against normal mobs.

Luckily, I already did extensive testing with Distortion Field last year. Check out all of page 2's comments in my guide (back before it was a guide and just a test results thread)

2 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Which doesn't sound like a whole lot of damage production until you realize that's against multiple $Targets and having multiple damage procs in Distortion Field

These numbers look correct. A 3.5 PPM proc will have a 17.95% chance to fire on each target every 10 seconds. Since DF lasts 45 seconds, it will have 5 proc checks (0s, 10s, 20s, 30s, 40s).

I'm curious what you're seeing @josh1622. Do you have numbers?

PPM Information Guide                Recharge Guide 

Time Manipulation Guide             Survivability Tool         

Movement Speed: Guide              Interface DoT Procs Guide