Proc Monsters - Controller Edition

Sir Myshkin

1 hour ago, Redlynne said:

Is that 95% chance to hit versus +0 $Targets?

Because I can tell you right now that if you're going to be fighting stuff above your level, you're going to need more than just (a mere) 95% chance to hit a +0 $Target ...

/em gives you a knowing look

+ 3 Elite Boss. Didn't try on an AV, but it's probably there, too!

1 hour ago, EmperorSteele said:

+ 3 Elite Boss. Didn't try on an AV, but it's probably there, too!

I actually checked it, most of your build is fine against +4's, there's a few areas that'd be a bit weaker, and your Fulcrum suffers above all else with only global effecting it, and not bringing it up enough to deal with any more than +1's effectively (you'd be missing a lot of its effect in a mob). You've got the ability for a good portion of your fully set-slotted powers to go against +4, so not terrible at all. There are some other net benefits to Tactics besides just the Gaussian's trick or the Accuracy impact, it also gives you status protection against Confuse, Fear, and +Perception. There's quite a bit of stuff that causes Confusion in the 50+ content making it worth the investment when possible.

I must say I generally left the build critique to Oedipus and Redlynne, but I was curious when you started considering concessions to your choices. My initial reaction after loading it: "This... is a lot going on."

You've got a crazy amount of abilities packed into the build on top of Kinetics, an already hyper-active secondary (that you cored out to only a few of its abilities). I did see what you were going for, though, and I also saw the opportunity in the build that was missing which makes it work. I tweaked it a bit and... basically turned your Controller into a "Mad King Special." (link in my sig). Your concern with maintaining a high level of recharge is already easily corrected in the power choices you've made. Levitate, Project Will, Wall of Force, and Psionic Tornado can all take the FF+Rech proc, and effectively use it to patch that +100% pretty consistently. If you hit a 10+ mob spawn with your AoE's, you're nearly guaranteed to hit the proc, and the effect doesn't stack, but the duration does extend. Couple that with two primary-use ST attacks being used and you'll spend a huge amount of time under the influence of that effect. Promise.

So given that, I stripped out some set bonuses and flipped your build over to a more true "Proc Monster" loading up the effects where necessary. I also pinched in some Acc/Dam/End into a few places to help balance the build. I also took out Mass Hypnosis and Mesmerize. You've got more than enough ST attacks that Sleep isn't agreeable with, and your AoE's have KD and Fear and very short cool downs, and a mass AoE Hold on panic-standby if needed. It felt more like you were set-muling at that point, and it's not needed. In the exchange I put Tactics and Vengeance in, between Veng and Unleash you have two protective kicker-effects to protect you in the event of a crisis. The high recharge in the build will also make them fairly reliable. Otherwise I think your power choices were fine, work to your style, they just needed a better coat of paint in the slot work.

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Controller
Primary Power Set: Mind Control
Secondary Power Set: Kinetics
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Force of Will
Ancillary Pool: Psionic Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Levitate -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), GldJvl-Dam%(3), ExpStr-Dam%(5), EntChs-Heal%(5), FrcFdb-Rechg%(7)
Level 1: Transfusion -- TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(A), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Heal/HP/Regen(43), TchoftheN-Heal(43)
Level 2: Dominate -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(A), Lck-%Hold(7), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(9), UnbCns-Dam%(9), GldNet-Dam%(11), GldJvl-Dam%(11)
Level 4: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(17), LucoftheG-Def(21), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(46)
Level 6: Confuse -- MlsIll-Acc/Rchg(A), MlsIll-EndRdx/Conf(13), MlsIll-Acc/EndRdx(13), MlsIll-Conf/Rng(15), MlsIll-Acc/Conf/Rchg(15), MlsIll-Dam%(46)
Level 8: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(23), Rct-ResDam%(23), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(43)
Level 10: Siphon Speed -- Acc-I(A)
Level 12: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(21)
Level 14: Tactics -- HO:Cyto(A), Empty(42)
Level 16: Weaken Resolve -- Acc-I(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(42)
Level 18: Total Domination -- SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(25), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(40), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(40)
Level 20: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 22: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(46)
Level 24: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(39)
Level 26: Terrify -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(27), PstBls-Dam%(27), JvlVll-Dam%(37), CldSns-%Dam(39), GlmoftheA-Dam%(39)
Level 28: Project Will -- Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Apc-Dmg(29), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), Apc-Acc/Rchg(36), Apc-Dam%(37), FrcFdb-Rechg%(37)
Level 30: Wall of Force -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), PstBls-Dam%(31), ExpStr-Dam%(31), JvlVll-Dam%(34), FrcFdb-Rechg%(36)
Level 32: Mass Confusion -- CrcPrs-Conf(A), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(33), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(33), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(33), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(34), CrcPrs-Conf%(34)
Level 35: Transference -- PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(A), PrfShf-Acc/Rchg(36)
Level 38: Fulcrum Shift -- Acc-I(A)
Level 41: Indomitable Will -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 44: Mind Over Body -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(45), HO:Ribo(45), HO:Ribo(45)
Level 47: Psionic Tornado -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), PstBls-Dam%(48), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(48), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(50), FrcFdb-Rechg%(50)
Level 49: Unleash Potential -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Containment
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(17), Mrc-Rcvry+(19)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(19)
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
		|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
		|MxDz;1466;694;1388;HEX;|
		|78DA65944B6F12611486BF0F8622D05AEEF4462BF4465B3A305EB69A58516B21696|
		|2A21B15099DB6938CD03054EDD2853F4013F51F682F4935D144B7FE03756D8C891B|
		|375663BD246EF030E7A53461C2E49979CF77E63DE7CC3714EE9EEBDEBD70EF8C90F|
		|E39B36459C5B96AA55EAB9AA65E73154A2B4659340F379D23ED486B915A302A4BAD|
		|9BBE43F1B3EBCBCBEA8251D1EB46D90ACC5756F59A5EA9ABAD8BDEC52A25E7F5D29|
		|25EB3568D359F7D7FDE345656EB5EFBFAF29AAE2F0559AED6CA7AB1BA5CBC6A9866|
		|38B76694D545CBA8568C72B150B2EA7A6DA38FAA1BA7734B0A1C0D97D85484D014E|
		|1D806D34E9BCA86438810F1012D4B2AA2EBBEC3D673ED5C8788F0DAE92818626ED3|
		|1A89E7CB4FAC75FDE3FC23B724739EEFBD398E7BE11BA0113AEDE486D319E1B5FE1|
		|0331C66CEFA993B04177C5C3F59EBDE077F318FFE06FF20F72FD3433E6EF8B8E113|
		|C573A3FBE867817991648F6C2E6E08CF0041F38824E5FB385FFA66580B83218AF52|
		|0D6738AA038C554830E61A584E8E58A65AFFD24454CBDE549EF524600DD049EB273|
		|DF33709339B9056E833B4C1F39863857843EF26445548808BC22E87016130CD3FA1|
		|86231C426107B4EE8471DFDAFB9C68197E01BE658927D27BE92579CF89973D7A9BF|
		|41EEDC3598E53A86D2A0CA1CCD30C734103BEB0EE5C6E11B87DF30FC87E13B8C5D9|
		|980FF28725F90E7087247AEB176EC3A78032C321337C112334FB949CC22F918353E|
		|621664F38BE1373F8E37FF8EAC53589FC2ECA6F0E6DF536C06BB6A2626EDD9A48F7|
		|3ADE9D3BC135AFC40B28A9A55F49B41BF19F49B79C5D4BEF0D7A9A1DFDB54401635|
		|64518316600E29075F28FD9ABB2EDE561AD31DD16C87A27528273A94931D4ABE435|
		|9540EFE0784B4158F9FBE6E54F2CD4B5189E828F7F9BDAD396482E7E6BFC27D052F|
		|112715B177382FC5793FDA9A940F7946C127CCFF9672E85C|
		|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

And trust me, the on-paper recharges may look higher than you were trying to achieve, but once you start putting those FF+Rech procs into action you'll be tripping over how fast your stuff is recycling.

Edit: I forgot to mention - You have enough recharge to keep Indomitable Will perma. I know the initial number says something like 113/s or whatever, but the FF+Rech's will tear that down closer to 90/s and keep you capable of running it constantly. You just have to remember to... you know, use it.

Also, there's a decent enough padding on your Ranged defense that you should be able to use Afterburner as a fast-fire "panic" defense button. It'll spike your Ranged up close to soft cap, and if you can get outside of that 10' range (if you're in it), it'll give you some breathing room. Of course it shuts you down in the process, but surviving is more important than face planting, and Afterburner can be flipped on and off in a hurry.

Edited by Sir Myshkin
Forgot something important!
  • Thanks 1

Okay, yeah... I like what I'm seeing there! Mids seems to think Terrify takes Cloud Senses though, but in-game it doesn't. I'll put the -res proc in it's place!

I had wondered if the +recharge proc was worth using in lieu of bonuses. My only real concern was that it's a chance to proc on certain powers instead of an always-on thing, but on 4 of my 6 attack powers, that probably won't be an issue! What IS an issue is that the Force of Will attacks do animate/activate very slowly. As long as they proc though, they should be worth it!

Also, the Panacea unique: is that objectively better than the Preventative Medicine Absorb proc? Because the Panacea one would randomly give me like 75 hp, and not when I needed it, whereas the PM proc has saved my bacon a few times. However, I'm cognizant that there may be some bias at play, so I wanted to know your thoughts.

The only thing I'd probably object to is the removal of Mesmerize, but that's more of a principle thing than anything build related. I said I needed out of the box thinking here, so this may be a pill I have to swallow! Thanks again for the suggestions, looks like I'll be doing more build testing tomorrow!

Amusing anecdote, I was trying a build based on what Tex and Red were saying, taking out +2/+3 Ritki in the Warzone, and I gotta say, it was doing pretty good... until a Drop Ship came out of nowhere and punk'd me XD

15 minutes ago, EmperorSteele said:

I had wondered if the +recharge proc was worth using in lieu of bonuses. My only real concern was that it's a chance to proc on certain powers instead of an always-on thing, but on 4 of my 6 attack powers, that probably won't be an issue! What IS an issue is that the Force of Will attacks do animate/activate very slowly. As long as they proc though, they should be worth it!

Most of your attacks (in general) are animating around 1.848-2.244/s (Arcana), but the key is how that bonus applies to your abilities across the board. Just one application of that 100% is equivalent to having a 5% global bonus perma, and if you're just spamming Psi/Wall spawn after spawn, so long as there's at least 10 mobs hit, you should (90% probability) get that boost for both, meaning 10/s of 100% every spawn, and if you're on a fast moving team doing 15-20/s a spawn, then you're easily spending 30/s of every minute under that effect. That's the exchange of a 50% global bonus. That's not even accounting for you spamming Levitate/Project and getting added kicks there as well.

My Storm/Nrg Defender currently has a relatively enhancement-less build that lives under those effects. It's kinda crazy to be running around with 150%+ Global Rech entirely off the graces of the FF+Rech proc.

23 minutes ago, EmperorSteele said:

Also, the Panacea unique: is that objectively better than the Preventative Medicine Absorb proc? Because the Panacea one would randomly give me like 75 hp, and not when I needed it, whereas the PM proc has saved my bacon a few times. However, I'm cognizant that there may be some bias at play, so I wanted to know your thoughts.

Yes, and it's because the Panacea also grants Endurance too, it just doesn't remind you so blatantly like the heal portion does. You definitely don't want to rely on it as a "save your bacon" effect, it's there to help passively course-correct the hits you take over time. If you really wanted to have the Absorb proc, I'd trade out Miracle for it over Panacea or Numina's.

29 minutes ago, EmperorSteele said:

The only thing I'd probably object to is the removal of Mesmerize, but that's more of a principle thing than anything build related.

I can respect if it has to do with an RP/Character specific thing, but from a damage and control perspective, the power is both weak, and ineffectual to purpose. You have enough recharge in the build before the FF+Rech to just sit and cycle Project Will + Levitate all day long, but Dominate has more swinging power so you'll want to cycle that through too. There's just no DPS reason, nor control reason for Mesmerize to exist in the build. If you wanted to keep it for personal reasons then I would suggest scrapping Levitate if you absolutely can't let it go.

• Like 1

The one argument for Mesmerize is it's a Mag 3.5 Sleep, so on a Controller it will instantly Sleep a Boss. This will detoggle them too. 

I think it might even sleep AVs too? It's been ages since I played a Mind Controller.

On perma-Dominators, yeah always skip it though, because you can just Sleep stuff with Mass Hypnosis. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oedipus_tex said:

The one argument for Mesmerize is it's a Mag 3.5 Sleep, so on a Controller it will instantly Sleep a Boss. This will detoggle them too. 

I think it might even sleep AVs too? It's been ages since I played a Mind Controller.

On perma-Dominators, yeah always skip it though, because you can just Sleep stuff with Mass Hypnosis. 

THIS.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Oedipus nailed it on the head. Mes IS pretty lackluster most of the time, but it's a literal life saver against multiple Bosses/AVs. Still, it's not like we DON'T have 3 builds per character, so I can always proc-monster/mad-king through most of a story arc or TF and then switch builds before a particularly AV-filled mission (lookin' at you, MLTF!), so I'm not super concerned about it's omission!

• 4 weeks later

Forgive me for not reading the whole thread, but I had an idea the other day, and I would like to know if anyone has tried it. What about slotting a knockback -> knockdown and a chance for smashing damage(knockback set) in singularity, then summoning it on a group of mobs? I know the KB->KD makes the mobs fall down pretty regularly, but I don't know how often the proc would trigger?

1 hour ago, Communistpenguin said:

Forgive me for not reading the whole thread, but I had an idea the other day, and I would like to know if anyone has tried it. What about slotting a knockback -> knockdown and a chance for smashing damage(knockback set) in singularity, then summoning it on a group of mobs? I know the KB->KD makes the mobs fall down pretty regularly, but I don't know how often the proc would trigger?

It works reliably. It's the way my Grav/Storm is built.

I have a video below demoing the technique. Note this is not a "proc monster" build or really any build at all. I never got around to IOing this character (yet).

5 hours ago, Communistpenguin said:

What about slotting a knockback -> knockdown and a chance for smashing damage(knockback set) in singularity, then summoning it on a group of mobs? I know the KB->KD makes the mobs fall down pretty regularly, but I don't know how often the proc would trigger?

Both of those will affect the Singularity Lift power (1 of 3 attacks) and the Repel aura of Singularity.  They will have no effect on use of Crush or Gravity Distortion by Singularity.

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

5 hours ago, Communistpenguin said:

When you slot procs into pets, you have to be mindful of what attacks/abilities are actually responsible for why you can slot certain things. Now generically speaking most pets like what Controllers get are only available to the standard Recharge Intensive Pet IO's, but there are some cases that allow things like Knockback, Defense Debuffs, (etc, and more for MM class stuff). When those options become available they're specific to a certain skill (sometimes skills) in the pets aresenal where that can be used. Furthermore, for some of them, that ability/attack can be one used fairly frequently which makes the investment worth the inclusion.

In the case of things like the KB>KD from Sudden Acceleration, that's just a straight conversion IO and that's all, whereas the Overwhelming Force is a conversion+proc chance (when the set doesn't have KD/KB).

So yes adding the damage procs to pets does work, but it is contingent on the ability that is attached to the associated proc which would be the source info for the frequency chance. If you want the hard math on it, the formulas for proc probability based on power type is in a guide written by the user Bopper.

• Like 2

Sorry I didn't read closely enough on the question about the Smashing proc in Singy.

What Sir and Redlynne posted is correct about how procs work in pet powers.

In the video I posted, Singy is slotted with Sudden Acceleration: Knockback to Knockdown. That is why his Repel aura causes knockdown. When Homecoming was new I tried to slot the other proc in him (Overwhelming Force) but it didn't work as expected because Singy's aura doesn't have a damage component.

Putting damage procs in him in hopes of it triggering in the aura is not very effective, like other folks mentioned.

• 4 weeks later

Hey y'all... i did the Elec/Dk/Psi build in the first post... and i love it! 🙂 here's a quick video with some +2/3 council (didn't want to push +4 with no incarnates, on the test server) 

excuse the part where i sit there for a second... i got a phone call lol.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, selfunconsciousness said:

Or do accuracy and tohit set bonuses make up for the lack of accuracy enhancement there?

For a couple of those builds they have the Preventative Medicine set, and the Accuracy is a little subpar because of it. Honestly, there's not enough global accuracy happening to make that comfortable against +3/4's and Panacea set of 5 with an Acc IO would realistically be better if you are worried about it hitting consistently. The power will recycle pretty quickly though, and heals for a huge amount when it hits, and there's also Dark Servant casting its own Twilight which means you're probably a lot better off than it may seem.

5 hours ago, cooljef4 said:

... and i love it!

The combos with Dark/ and /Dark have been pretty popular, glad you're having fun with it!

Thank you for answering my question! I have another question for you - have you noticed that replacing living shadows with energy torrent results in less opportunity for containment damage (because fear doesn't provide it for some reason...)?  Or do your two stuns along with the holds and immobilizes from the umbra beast and dark servant provide sufficient opportunity for containment?

Additionally, the cooldown is a decent amount higher than LS and a smaller AoE. It seems like you’d be able to rack up greater AoE damage from spamming LS and then your pets also gaining containment damage. Am I wrong? Also, does controller pet damage benefit from containment? I just realized I didn’t know if that’s a thing or not. 

Edited by selfunconsciousness

On 2/28/2020 at 6:06 PM, selfunconsciousness said:

I have another question for you - have you noticed that replacing living shadows with energy torrent results in less opportunity for containment damage (because fear doesn't provide it for some reason...)?  Or do your two stuns along with the holds and immobilizes from the umbra beast and dark servant provide sufficient opportunity for containment?

In that particular instance it's a bit more than just concern for containment, but space in the build and how much value Energy Torrent actually has. The torrent--when spiked with the FF+Rechf--hitting a spawn of 10 enemies is a near guaranteed Proc, so it's an opportunity to spike the entire build with +100% each time it successfully hits. With Fearsome Stare and Heart of Darkness being on such low cooldown (and even less with Torrent hitting), there's plenty of "control" present in the build, and honestly Fear supplants nearly everything in effectiveness. You could easily swap out for Living Shadows and the build would still work perfectly fine, using Torrent was just one very unique tool that pushed performance over the edge.

As for pets, yes having the pets actively engaged in providing additional control does help, but in their own isolated scenarios. In several cases using Fearsome Stare is going to stack Fear with Umbra which is a nice plus, and at a 50/s duration, provides a pretty long lasting stick. Generally I don't look at the pets for their active control engagement since I can't control when/where they'll use their abilities beyond a ST scenario.

As for Containment, in a proc-based build none of those bonus damage factors are going to care about Containment, so you can focus a bit less on containment. Of course we want to get every ounce of damage possible, and using something like Intuition or Musculature Alpha can help support that ideal, but for Controllers nearly any one given proc is going to do as much (or more) damage than a contained ability will. If I spam Heart of Darkness, it's not for that added Stun, it's probably for the +Proc opportunity to deal more damage. Between Umbra and Haunt, however, those two entities are going to do the bulk of your output anyway.

On 2/27/2020 at 5:24 PM, cooljef4 said:

Hey y'all... i did the Elec/Dk/Psi build in the first post... and i love it! 🙂 here's a quick video with some +2/3 council (didn't want to push +4 with no incarnates, on the test server) 

excuse the part where i sit there for a second... i got a phone call lol.

I just rolled one of these too.  Still slotting up some of the powers, but wow! it's fun!

Any recommendations for incarnate power choices for the Elec/Dk/Psi build?

1 hour ago, Coopsterman321 said:

I just rolled one of these too.  Still slotting up some of the powers, but wow! it's fun!

Any recommendations for incarnate power choices for the Elec/Dk/Psi build?

Definitely Nerve alpha... alot of the powers are seriously lacking in accuracy especially for 54's. and then kind of the standard others... clarion, banished panthjeon, reactive, ion... haven't thought about hybrid yet... Do we know if hybrid affects procs? whether the double hit can proc the procs? or the extra damage will affect them at all?

2 hours ago, cooljef4 said:

Definitely Nerve alpha... alot of the powers are seriously lacking in accuracy especially for 54's. and then kind of the standard others... clarion, banished panthjeon, reactive, ion... haven't thought about hybrid yet... Do we know if hybrid affects procs? whether the double hit can proc the procs? or the extra damage will affect them at all?

Hmmm.. . Maybe I should also swap out the 2 non-proc unbreakable guards from shadow fall and replace them with a Kismet +acc and a 4th LotG for a 9% acc bonus.

12 hours ago, cooljef4 said:

No, the double proc from Hybrid will not coincide with procs themselves; only the damage from the physical attacks will have an opportunity to double.

Also, please keep in mind that once you have an (t3+) Alpha slotted into the build you will be level shifted +1 to all content in the game, nothing will ever truly be +4 to you any more, and even in Incarnate content you'll be able to build +3, further encroaching on that gap in content variance. Because of this you only (really) need to build for +3 long-term. If you exclude Incarnates from a build, then yes, +4 would be relevant.

Not all abilities in all builds I posted are 100% in-line with +3, but the majority will be, and in some cases a power or two may be over or under compensated. Given that, the Elec/Dark/Psi build in particular is a bit light on Accuracy, and for that I'd actually probably suggest fulfilling the void with Vigor Radial, it'll provide Acc/End/Heal/Confuse enhancement, and taking one slot out of Howling Twilight and moving it over to Weave for a Kistmet +Acc puts the entire build pretty close in line for +3 at a minimum.

Edited by Sir Myshkin

I came here hoping to find an answer to a question on Propel but don't see it.  Does the KB damage proc, if slotted into Propel, have a chance to fire against all enemies it affects?  I know the damage of the power only affects the main target, but since other mobs nearby can get knocked back, I'd expect the KB damage proc to have an opportunity to fire on them as well.  Seems like a way to turn it into a weak AoE damage power, and I'm surprised I don't see this addressed anywhere.

I don't know the answer to this, but I would be really surprised if the answer is yes.

Currently I'm taking two of my proc monsters from mid-last year, Plant/Dark/Leviathan troller and Beam/Time/Fire? corr, and making a new Plant/Time/Power (maybe) troller. Slow going right now in the twenties, but I've just started slotting procs since I got Time Stop and Creepers again.

9 minutes ago, carroto said:

I came here hoping to find an answer to a question on Propel but don't see it.  Does the KB damage proc, if slotted into Propel, have a chance to fire against all enemies it affects?  I know the damage of the power only affects the main target, but since other mobs nearby can get knocked back, I'd expect the KB damage proc to have an opportunity to fire on them as well.  Seems like a way to turn it into a weak AoE damage power, and I'm surprised I don't see this addressed anywhere.

Good question. I looked at Propel on City of Data and it would suggest it would not. There is a KB component that is single target only that is enhanceable, so the single target could get hit by the proc.

However, the 15 foot radius KD effect shows as "Ignores Enhancements and Buffs". So that would suggest it does not accept the proc in its AoE.

I am curious though if the formula would use a ST proc probability or AoE. I imagine it is still ST, similar to how Tanker with the old Gauntlet worked.

Edited by Bopper

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn