Proc Monsters - Controller Edition

Sir Myshkin

1 hour ago, Redlynne said:

Propel is a single target attack.

The Knockback splash AoE is a pseudopet that ignores enhancements.

Did they change the power? I didnt see City of Data show a pseudopet. It shows it as an AoE KD, with a damage and KB component as single target only. I dont think there's a pseudopet involved.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

I'm just talking the simplest way to conceptualize what's happening, as opposed to that being the exact methodology of the underlying coding/programming, just to make it simpler to understand and get the idea across.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

20 hours ago, Bopper said:

Good question. I looked at Propel on City of Data and it would suggest it would not. There is a KB component that is single target only that is enhanceable, so the single target could get hit by the proc.

However, the 15 foot radius KD effect shows as "Ignores Enhancements and Buffs". So that would suggest it does not accept the proc in its AoE.

I am curious though if the formula would use a ST proc probability or AoE. I imagine it is still ST, similar to how Tanker with the old Gauntlet worked.

Curse those devs, they anticipated my dastardly plan!  I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for those meddling devs.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later
47 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

Has anyone ever worked out what the Radius is on Dimension Shift for Gravity?  I'm wanting to know for Proc Fu calculation purposes.

When I get on my computer I can find out for you. Will update you soon.

Update: 25 feet 

Edited by Bopper

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

7 hours ago, WitchofDread said:

so no need to slot Sudden Acceleration KB>KD?

Correct. For anything even-con and up, the power will execute Knockdown, but anything in the (roughly) -3 or lower the power can inflict KB instead, it was a troublesome thing I had to deal with when testing proc frequencies on the chain.

1 hour ago, Sir Myshkin said:

Correct. For anything even-con and up, the power will execute Knockdown, but anything in the (roughly) -3 or lower the power can inflict KB instead, it was a troublesome thing I had to deal with when testing proc frequencies on the chain.

Heh, yeah, and the KB goes in pretty random directions. It's kind of funny how Hellions explode in all directions when you use it 😄

1 hour ago, WitchofDread said:

What is your damage output like?

Is difficult to Say cause damage coming with procs and It Is very irregular. Defence Is awsome but the only problem Is Accuracy Who seems to be Little low. Maybe can be Better with the right incarnate.

Edited by reib

1 hour ago, reib said:

Is difficult to Say cause damage coming with procs and It Is very irregular. Defence Is awsome but the only problem Is Accuracy Who seems to be Little low. Maybe can be Better with the right incarnate.

If you can try slot in the kismet +acc and see if that helps. But yeah you will want to get the incarnate with +acc  

22 minutes ago, Kencyr said:

how is Electrical Affinity for proc monstering?

thus far, I've figured out that Faraday can be a place where you can put ALL the resist damage set procs...but my build fu is weak..

Electrical Affinity It is on Mid's already?

Edited by reib

I need something tested in game.

I need to know if slotting an Entomb (not Superior) will "always" have a 90% chance to proc an Absorb shield onto the caster when casting Distortion Field from Time Manipulation.

Note that Distortion Field does not require a $Target in order to cast the power because it is a Target Location type power, so the only delay you'll have in testing it is recharge.

I calculate that even with 100% recharge slotted into the power, Entomb ought to have a 90% proc rate upon casting Distortion Field.

Someone please test for me so as to prove me right or wrong (and if I'm wrong, what is the proc chance revealed by testing?).

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

7 hours ago, Kencyr said:

how is Electrical Affinity for proc monstering?

The set itself has almost no useful proc opportunities. While new End Mod IO sets have been added, none of them have particularly good partial set abilities (all the good abilities are at the 5- and 6- slot level and they're not all that great) nor are the procs all that useful. Other than End Mod,  it's got two heals so you've got some decent (but not exceptional) set bonuses and the bubble (which can store the standard resist set uniques). It can't slot any damage procs, Force Feedback or -resist procs - the really important ones.

In terms of how it pairs with other sets, it does provide the key element: recharge. However, it provides it in a dysfunctional manner, requiring you spend a lot of time boosting your recharge and requiring a nearby ally/pet to do so. This makes it less effective for reducing the recharge of your single target rotation and more of a method for reducing the cooldown of long recharge powers. It also provides +hit to allow slotting a lot of procs in Blast set, but it does so in the same sort of dysfunctional manner.

Overall, I think Electric Affinity is a solid support-centric set - but it really doesn't serve as a particularly good set for offensively focused builds.

6 hours ago, Redlynne said:

I need something tested in game.

I need to know if slotting an Entomb (not Superior) will "always" have a 90% chance to proc an Absorb shield onto the caster when casting Distortion Field from Time Manipulation.

Note that Distortion Field does not require a $Target in order to cast the power because it is a Target Location type power, so the only delay you'll have in testing it is recharge.

I calculate that even with 100% recharge slotted into the power, Entomb ought to have a 90% proc rate upon casting Distortion Field.

Someone please test for me so as to prove me right or wrong (and if I'm wrong, what is the proc chance revealed by testing?).

As far as I can tell, Entomb can't proc in Distortion Field (although the proc chance may just be very low).

• Thanks 1

Well, on the good side it has access to some good damage procs.

On the bad side, they don't have much chance to activate... I think about 20%, checked every 10 seconds. So a normal damage proc at level 50 would average about 13 damage, every 10 seconds. Getting 1.3 DPS from a single damage IO in a damage aura would be considered pretty poor, so I don't think this would be an efficient use of slots.