Pack Mentality

Tankshock

• 2 weeks later

Here's what the  Wayback Machine has from Red Tomax's data. 

source.Cur.kMeter * 0.1 + 0.05) * @Strength All Defense Types, All Defense Positions for 60s

Whatever that means in English.

Pack Mentality stacks 10 times and adds fast and drops fast.  I still haven't figured out good usage timing for Fortify Pack yet.  Looks like hitting it right after clearing the group before a boss would be fairly useful.

source.Cur.kMeter * 0.1 + 0.05) * @Strength All Defense Types, All Defense Positions for 60s

Whatever that means in English.

Basically it means they get 5% defense plus an additional 1% defense for each stack of Pack Mentality you have. Similarly the regeneration buff appears to be 100% base plus 20% for each stack of Pack Mentality.

It looks like behind the scenes Pack Mentality is actually treated as a meter rather than a stacked buff. Each instance of the buff gives you 10% meter charge. So with (for example) 5 stacks the defense would be 0.5 * 0.1 + 0.05 = 0.1 or 10% defense.

Regarding the other part of OPs question Pines says that the damage bonus from PM is 2% per stack but I haven't checked that in game.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Defender Smash!

I've had no luck finding what the critical rate is from Fortify Pack.  Not in game, Red Tomax, Paragon Wiki, nor Pine's Hero Planner.  At least where I've looked.  If no one wiser comes through with the info, I'll get some combat logs tomorrow to at least confirm crits are occurring.

Well it does also give a passive crit bonus but since we don't know how large that is we can't really say if that makes it worth it or not,

"Also, as an added bonus, simply purchasing it gives your pets a 2% chance to critically hit per stack of Pack Mentality."

From the Intrepid Informer when Beast Mastery was released.

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison! | Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers Telepathy | Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

The Strange Relationship between Damage Buffs and Damage Resistance OR "Why doesn't Power Boost work on Cold Shields!?"

Well it does also give a passive crit bonus but since we don't know how large that is we can't really say if that makes it worth it or not,

"Also, as an added bonus, simply purchasing it gives your pets a 2% chance to critically hit per stack of Pack Mentality."

Sourcery!

Dont they have a base crit chance too? I have seen them crit when messing around at lvl 6...

• 3 years later
  • 4 weeks later
  • 1 month later
On 5/16/2019 at 3:33 PM, Adeon Hawkwood said:

Basically it means they get 5% defense plus an additional 1% defense for each stack of Pack Mentality you have. Similarly the regeneration buff appears to be 100% base plus 20% for each stack of Pack Mentality.

It looks like behind the scenes Pack Mentality is actually treated as a meter rather than a stacked buff. Each instance of the buff gives you 10% meter charge. So with (for example) 5 stacks the defense would be 0.5 * 0.1 + 0.05 = 0.1 or 10% defense.

Regarding the other part of OPs question Pines says that the damage bonus from PM is 2% per stack but I haven't checked that in game.

Ahh..
The man who taught me about Defense Cap all those years ago.. 
Love to see you posting..  Nothing but respect and love here..