Did they ever fix or look at this issue?

Mansome

One of the NPCs I absolutely despise fighting are paragon protectors. The ones that do MoG especially. The reason I hate them is due to the way their xp is calculated. When they mog it counts as a heal to full hp followed by a drop in hp by 99%. The drop in hp counts as outside damage, so you can't get full xp for them unless you kill them with a massive hit before they enter mog or hold them. Without massive tohit buffs and psi damage you can't do anything to them until it wears off if they mog. MoG is essentially then giving you the finger and saying f u you are not getting full xp for me and you got to wait to kill me.

What I would at least like to see the xp for these guys bumped up to compensate for the mog issue, because not everyone has reliable holds or massive Spike damage to kill them.

• Like 5

I'd also look at shortening the effects of MoG on them because as it currently exists, it's just obnoxious. Unstoppable I'm fine with as you can usually chip them down, Elude is okay even though missing is much more frustrating than slowly chipping away, but MoG is just unbearably annoying because it combines the two effects.

• Like 1

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

They're worse than Shock Treatment.  I never understood why anyone thought it was a good idea to give mobs a full-duration defensive T9.  Maybe if it was a raid boss that would be acceptable, but giving a run-of-the-mill basic boss mob that kind of ability is just a soul-crushing waste of time.  Should be like 30 seconds, maximum.

I ran some of these Missions with a P.U.G. on Everlasting (the roleplay server), so I asked the members while we were travelling to the Mission, in character, "we're going to be going against Crey's private security, have all of you done that before?" The players reacted in-character that they hadn't. I in-character explained that one of the types of foes was members of Crey's Paragon Protector™ program, what they looked like, an described their capabilities. Again, this was all in-character. The team agreed to focus all their damage on the Parag-Prots. first, then to go after whoever else second.

The team totally roflstomped the entire Mission Arc. We had zero difficulty with the Parag-Prots. They only activate [Moment of Glory] after they've been aggroed for a certain amount of time. We just killed them all before they got to the timer.

I tried to explain this to a Mission team on Torchbearer later the same day. That server's P.U.G.s weren't interested. I couldn't pay them to focus the Parag-Prots. They kept getting to use M.o.G. against us as a result.

Get up on roleplay's level, scrubs. Woot-woot! Roleplay wins games.

Edited by Some Random User
lighthearted teasing is necessary to get through to some forum-goers
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1