To Infinity (Server) and Beyond (again)!

ZemyaSoldat

Anyone from the VG known as The Brotherhood of Doom?   We were the #1 prestige group on Infinity for awhile.    I used to play as AMID, an Nrg/Elec brute, but I had many other alts.    Played with Max, Rag, G, Mura, Jack, any many other in the SG.    There were also a couple heroes we would meet up with in RV.   I believe one was called Hip Hopper.  A something/regen scrapper.   Used to duel him and another regen on my thugs/dark.

Hi all,

I'm Johnny B. Quantum (global name, main toon) originally from Infinity, now on Everlasting.

I had created maybe three additional toons: Golden Man (tank to play with my gf), Johnny Energia (red-side tank to try out that content), and Johnny Taxibot (a second-generation taxibot, with Belle and TonyV being first-generation).

I'm not really one for wanting to manage lots of toons, so I'll probably be sticking with JBQ. I'm kinda re-learning the game, atm.

Hope people have been doing well.

-Johnny

On 7/27/2020 at 8:07 AM, Johnny said:

I'm Johnny B. Quantum (global name, main toon) originally from Infinity, now on Everlasting.

Hey!  I remember you.  Oh, look, here we are completing a task force.  Since I took this screenshot, my character is the one with no name over his head.  That's my ice/SS tank Staff Sgt Frost.

TF complete - 080705.jpg

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

49 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

Hey!  I remember you.  Oh, look, here we are completing a task force.  Since I took this screenshot, my character is the one with no name over his head.  That's my ice/SS tank Staff Sgt Frost.

TF complete - 080705.jpg

Sure, I remember you, Ironblade. You participated regularly, though that wasn't one of your usual outfits. I remember you as wearing blue armour and (light blue?) helmet, wielding a sword.

In that screenshot, the winged heroine was Gata, who was originally organizing Saturday task forces (though I might have been the organizer by the time you made that screenshot). I met Taxibot Belle on Gata's task forces, and I would sit in when Belle was interviewing candidates to become Taxibots.

I'd actually watched Belle conduct the interview process a few times, before I decided to construct my son, Johnny Taxibot, without realizing that I'd inadvertently created a reference to Johnny Cab from the film, Total Recall.

11 hours ago, Johnny said:

Sure, I remember you, Ironblade. You participated regularly, though that wasn't one of your usual outfits. I remember you as wearing blue armour and (light blue?) helmet, wielding a sword.

That wasn't my "usual outfit" because that wasn't Ironblade in that shot.  That was one of my tanks.  Ironblade is a scrapper.  You're referring to his original outfit as seen below.

snip.JPG.a83add4d42d6a69925e0b24eea29c46c.JPG

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Ah, it's coming back to me, thank you. For those that are not familiar, Taxibot Belle is at bottom-center in that last screenshot. And that looks like another of Gata's alts behind her (the blue and light blue, with checkers). Was that Ms. Cats to Belle's right?

Looking at your screenshots, I realize that my JBQ uniform should have large shoulder pads, unlike in my Homecoming screenshot here.

Johnny is back.png

On 7/30/2020 at 7:19 AM, Johnny said:

Was that Ms. Cats to Belle's right?

I don't think so.  I don't have a version of that shot with characters names, but here are two with MsCats and names.  She is Mud.Bug and Scrappy Brat.

1.jpg.ff2655909dabb92c151edfa51e602206.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by Ironblade

• 2 weeks later

I am from Infinity; started on Triumph and moved to Infinity.

I was in a SG called Simian Defense Force while they were active, but then had my solo SG.  I usually soloed and played TFs (just like now!).  My characters were:

• Simian Stalker - Katana/Regen Scrapper.  My first 50!  Man, that was a slog...
  • Lockpick - DP/EM Blaster
  • War Shield - MA/SD Scrapper
  • War Justice - StJ/SD Scrapper
  • War Sword - BS/Regen Scrapper (I can't remember if he was Regen or SR)
  • Exorcist - Ill/Rad Controller
  • Rude Dog - MA/SR Scrapper
  • KnightStalker - Katana/SR Scrapper

Many of these guys have been recreated on Everlasting.  I have way more 50s on HC than I ever did on Live.  I might have had one or two maxed builds on Live where here I can max all my builds regularly.

• 5 weeks later
On 6/12/2020 at 10:35 PM, Blaze222 said:

Dark Forsaken here. 

Member of Fox Force Five

Great times. Having a blast now on Torchbearer. It seems like a dream that I'm playing this again.

Hello Dark Forsaken, this is Sado. I haven't played Homecoming yet, but it's great to see old FF5ers around! :D

• 1 month later

Played pretty much only Villains on Infinity thanks to limited character slots. I had one hero that ran with another SG that I met through Badge Hunting. Started in late 2004 played until 2011.  Was a moderator on Inf Badge Seeker active in many other of the badge channels and tracked on Badgewhore and City Info Terminal.

Infinity main Crimson Cadillac. MM Thugs/Traps 

SG The League of Distinguished Villains

Global same as when live @TBK

Only Hero on Infinity was Black Hole Storm in an SG with the name Sisters or SIsterhood and I do not remember the rest.

Other characters on Infinity:

Amper-rage Elec/Elec Brute

Plain Yogurt dont remember powerset

Crazy Ol' Man  Plants/Mind Dom

Fargin Ice Hole Ice Corruptor I believe

Black Knight of Lore Stalker

and many more less played characters or others that I started and wiped.

Fired up the old XP machine I originally played on and found the install with a log of character names. Some of them I seriously do not remember making and then saw characters named SGPadder on different servers. I forget what that was about but remember helping fill up SG's for something. Found one old Infinity Screenshot for a Hami wipe. Image is so fuzzy hard to tell what was going on.

•  

hamifailure.jpg

21 hours ago, Saeletra said:

Would that have been "Sisters of the Silvermoon?" With Saph and Hopper?

Hell yeah that was it. Haven't heard those names in a long time. I did not play on the Hero side much, but ran with them after different badges etc. 

Pretty sure we did some random stuff on other servers as well. I'm getting old the memories are there but can't always access them.

I seem to remember blowing a Master TF with them by dying on the final boss with my MM. Memory is fickle but thinking it was Hero 1 on Lady Grey.

Edited by Distinguished

On 10/11/2020 at 9:26 AM, Distinguished said:
Fired up the old XP machine I originally played on and found the install with a log of character names. Some of them I seriously do not remember making and then saw characters named SGPadder on different servers. I forget what that was about but remember helping fill up SG's for something.

Back in the day, it was hard for a lot of SG's to build a decent base so the devs did a 'one-time' grant of free prestige per character in the SG.  I forget how much prestige it was.  However, since it was done without warning, people screamed bloody murder.  So the devs said they would do a second grant of prestige per character and announced it in advance.

So, people made filler characters to pad people's SG's up to the maximum size.  I made a spreadsheet to track the 'trades' (I'll put 12 characters in your SG on Pinnacle if you put 12 in mine on Infinity).  I still have the spreadsheet  It looks like I created around 690 characters to fill people's SG's.

9 hours ago, Ironblade said:

Back in the day, it was hard for a lot of SG's to build a decent base so the devs did a 'one-time' grant of free prestige per character in the SG.  I forget how much prestige it was.  However, since it was done without warning, people screamed bloody murder.  So the devs said they would do a second grant of prestige per character and announced it in advance.

So, people made filler characters to pad people's SG's up to the maximum size.  I made a spreadsheet to track the 'trades' (I'll put 12 characters in your SG on Pinnacle if you put 12 in mine on Infinity).  I still have the spreadsheet  It looks like I created around 690 characters to fill people's SG's.

That makes sense. I knew there was a reason and yeah I remember trading on the forums. Had 2 accounts for myself and my son and I am sure I used both.

9 hours ago, Ironblade said:

However, since it was done without warning, people screamed bloody murder.  So the devs said they would do a second grant of prestige per character and announced it in advance.

So people complained that the game balancing was unannounced, which didn't allow enough time for exploiting the mechanics.

On 10/13/2020 at 7:39 AM, Johnny said:

So people complained that the game balancing was unannounced, which didn't allow enough time for exploiting the mechanics.

More or less.

Bases were expensive on Live. I was in a top 10 SG on Pinnacle and we did not have the biggest plot or most elaborate base by any means. Functional but not elaborate.

I've been on Indom because it was the first server in HC I was able to lock in most of the names I wanted. I'd go to Excelsior but someone took Rejolt to mess with me (and I think they don't play anymore lol).

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

4 hours ago, Distinguished said:

Bases were expensive on Live. I was in a top 10 SG on Pinnacle and we did not have the biggest plot or most elaborate base by any means. Functional but not elaborate.

It wasn't too bad.  My SG was consistently around #37-38 on Infinity and we had a max plot, dimensional vortex for energy, two orbits of control, max storage, etc.

It was the RENT that was an onerous system.

I had been meaning to make an account and start playing again, but WoW Classic had just dropped... 

ANYWHO 

Bluefather here, from Ravens Nets SG! I hardly have any screenshots left from the game, but I did find this one, I'm downloading the game as I post this.

Bluefather.jpg

On 10/14/2020 at 1:26 PM, Acaos said:

Hey! Good to see the Sisters of the Silver Moon are still around. Techie (Tech Girl) and I have logged in occasionally but haven't played too much. Still have some of our old screenshots, though:

Ascreenshot_2005-02-13-18-09-42.thumb.jpg.a05c12e5962e39be2913deeda625aec3.jpg

*Gasp* AC and Tech! OMGOMGOMG! I see myself hovering there, looking the totally wrong way!

<-Tenebrous Night (TenTen. Ten.)

Midnight Thorn, Overlord of Ivory Tower.  (Everlasting)