Want a higher res version of a power icon?

Rylas

Hi Rylas,

This is absolutely amazing! Thanks for all this! I just found this thread today so maybe I missed it, but did you happen to include travel power icons (i.e. flight, super speed, super jump, teleport, etc) anywhere? Or will you be able to add them soon? Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Beefy2000 he has not yet. The OP on page one gets updated with sets as he adds them.

Only he could tell you for sure but AFAIK he plans to do all of them at some point and

he will sometimes give precedent to requests or significant preference (e.g. his poll).

i.e. not yet and maybe. rs4wmRnk_o.gif

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

6 hours ago, Beefy2000 said:

Hi Rylas,

This is absolutely amazing! Thanks for all this! I just found this thread today so maybe I missed it, but did you happen to include travel power icons (i.e. flight, super speed, super jump, teleport, etc) anywhere? Or will you be able to add them soon? Thanks!

The plan is to get to pool powers and epic pool powers after primary and secondary sets (and that goes for epic ATs too) . But as mentioned, if you have a request for an icon(s), go ahead and place it here and I'll get those taken care off. I'm much more interested in getting ones made that people want or need ahead of just going through the list. 

• Like 2

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

On 11/29/2019 at 4:28 PM, Rylas said:

The plan is to get to pool powers and epic pool powers after primary and secondary sets (and that goes for epic ATs too) . But as mentioned, if you have a request for an icon(s), go ahead and place it here and I'll get those taken care off. I'm much more interested in getting ones made that people want or need ahead of just going through the list. 

Oh ok awesome. I can wait but hey if you don’t mind And have a little extra time I’d love to get flight icon at least. :) Thanks again and great work!

More exceptional work Rylas, I particularly like what you did with the Savage Melee icons.

Also updated prior posting as I am through a 1st pass on text for all the Melee sets now.

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

07K1tHnz_o.png

On 12/6/2019 at 6:54 PM, Christopher Robin said:

More exceptional work Rylas, I particularly like what you did with the Savage Melee icons.

Also updated prior posting as I am through a 1st pass on text for all the Melee sets now.

Corrected the names of the powers. As for the slight white edging on the icons, I'm not sure what to tell you. The png's are created on clear backgrounds, so there shouldn't even be white showing up on the edges at all. Perhaps it's a setting when creating the png files, but I don't know which setting is creating the issue. 😞

• Like 1

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

On 12/10/2019 at 11:58 AM, Rylas said:

Corrected the names of the powers. As for the slight white edging on the icons, I'm not sure what to tell you. The png's are created on clear backgrounds, so there shouldn't even be white showing up on the edges at all. Perhaps it's a setting when creating the png files, but I don't know which setting is creating the issue. 😞

Hmm. If it is all done in Portable Network Graphics format with clear backgrounds those shouldn't happen.

If I had to guess, total shot in the dark though as I cannot observe your workflow, I would think they are

remnants from other icons. Like if you at some point in your process cut out or remove Martial Combat

from the above post but didn't quite get all of it and then without starting from scratch or wiping the

template clean you made the next icon and the bits left over are now overlaid onto the new icon.

Lending more credence to that notion I just noticed while typing this that in the post above

in addition to the 3, 6, 9 and 12 positions on a clock face the Devices icon has white

encroachment at the 5 and 7 like a four corners icon (i.e. your avatar) does.

Is it possible the template you use has remnants from previous icons?

• Thanks 2

07K1tHnz_o.png

• 1 month later

There used to be a zip file that someone made all the powerset icons and inspiration icons - you could download it and replace the icons you see in game for everything. I really hope one day someone does something similiar as the new ones (that were made to replace the ones on live) looked so much better. 

59 minutes ago, Burnt Toast said:

There used to be a zip file that someone made all the powerset icons and inspiration icons - you could download it and replace the icons you see in game for everything. I really hope one day someone does something similiar as the new ones (that were made to replace the ones on live) looked so much better. 

Unless Corva or Neo Shadowdream make an appearance, or someone that was in the archived thread (and happened to download the whole 1200+ icon pack) finds there way to Homecoming, it'll take someone like Rylas to redo all that work.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

• 1 month later

I've started this thread to offer up hi-res versions of icons found in the game. To help make these icons easier to find, I've reformatted this post to contain all the icons I've done so far. I'll continue to add new sets of icons to this post as I go forward. Feel free to request a particular set if you don't find it here and I'll get to it as soon as I can. Requests will be done in the order they're received. If you notice an error in an icon, let me know so I can correct it.

Do you have this as a zip file with latest icon's updated like your signature?

• 4 weeks later

These are so awesome, thank you Rylas! I don't know anything about graphics and art, but I tried to set the Sentinel Icon as my laptop background but it's super fuzzy. I know this post says they're high-rez, is there a way to blow this up and keep the sharp look?

15 hours ago, Kingfinger said:

These are so awesome, thank you Rylas! I don't know anything about graphics and art, but I tried to set the Sentinel Icon as my laptop background but it's super fuzzy. I know this post says they're high-rez, is there a way to blow this up and keep the sharp look?

Hi-res is going to be a relative term here. For  use as an icon (usually something meant to be smaller), or an avatar, these would be considered hi-res since those things are meant to be about 100x100 pixels, and at that size, these were made to be clear and visible. What's in game and currently exists seems to be built for 32x32. 

Something like a background image would need to be anywhere from 1080 to 4K resolution. Making power icons that large would have taken up a lot of space. Fortunately for you, the AT icons we made in vector art, so it's quite easy to scale up. I'll send you a Sentinel icon at 1080. 🙂 

On 3/10/2020 at 7:07 PM, StrykerGaming said:

Do you have this as a zip file with latest icon's updated like your signature?

I can take what's been done so far and put together a zip file. Are we ok to post dropbox links on here? Or is there a more preferred way of supplying files on the forums?

Erm...

These are very pretty, nice and crisp! Good job, Rylas... 

...but what are these for? Do we put them in an override folder, or are people just using them as avatars and shit?

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

• City Council
On 2/5/2020 at 6:57 PM, Oubliette_Red said:

Unless Corva or Neo Shadowdream make an appearance, or someone that was in the archived thread (and happened to download the whole 1200+ icon pack) finds there way to Homecoming, it'll take someone like Rylas to redo all that work.

Oh, I have Corva's icons installed! They were part of my standard 'data' folder full of stuff from live that I copied over. Not sure I have the original distribution for it but I could zip them up easily enough.

2 hours ago, Number Six said:

Oh, I have Corva's icons installed! They were part of my standard 'data' folder full of stuff from live that I copied over. Not sure I have the original distribution for it but I could zip them up easily enough.

Thanks for the info, @Number Six , I'm sure quite a few people here would appreciate that. 🙂

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

2 hours ago, Number Six said:

Are any of these what you're looking for? I nabbed these from an older thread on here:

Enhancement Standardization.zip NeosEnhancementInstall.exe power_icons.zip

Edited by WanderingAries

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

These are labeled "Varden". There's another file I have, but it's too big for the forums. I got them all off of here.

vm_vip_i18.exe

Edited by WanderingAries

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)