Things from Live I dont miss....

Lunchmoney

9 hours ago, Tahliah said:

Yes, just go to your sg base (or any of the amazing open to all bases) to access Echo Galaxy City.  From there, head to the tram and go to Ouro, Get the badge and voila!  :)   If you need base access, hit me up, and you can use mine.  

Bloody brilliant!  I will have to add that beacon to the base.  No more "can someone drop an oro portal beneath Atlas?" for me.  Thanks for that tip! 😀

• Like 1

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

35 minutes ago, THEDarkTyger said:

Side-kicking lunacy? Referring to the original way where you had to stay close to your "mentor" to keep your level boost? Pretty sure it was changed to the current system well before Live shut down.

It was already using the current system when I started playing, which was Issue 16 (a few weeks before Issue 17).

Edit: Huh, cross-referencing my e-mails and the Issue release dates on Paragon Wiki, apparently I joined two days *after* Issue 17 hit?  That doesn't sound right.

I know I started in Issue 16, because Issue 17 was when they updated the game's sound engine, and I still miss the way the sounds would slowly fade when you exited a mission in Issue 16, as opposed to Issue 17 until now, where sounds fade out near-instantly once the loading screen appears.

.... anyway, um... yeah, I don't miss anything about the game, now that I have it back.  Bring on the Layer Cakes and Defeat Alls and Orenbagen Mazes :D

Edited by Williwaw

The years of hoping that the devs would actually do something with bases.

I especially loved the year that they hired a dev who announced that he was going to be doing some work on bases and then, a few months later, that dev quit Paragon Studios and the rest of the devs just didn't say anything hoping we wouldn't notice.

• Like 2

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

1 hour ago, tafilr said:

$25 per month per account. 

... $25?  Um .... it was only $15 through i14, at least ... 😕

• Like 1

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

2 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Well, to be fair, $25 in 2019 was about $15 in 2004.

[Pedantry]  Actually, $15USD in 2004, would be $20.37USD in 2019 ... [/Pedantry]  😄 

• Like 1

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

On 8/25/2019 at 9:29 AM, THEDarkTyger said:

Side-kicking lunacy? Referring to the original way where you had to stay close to your "mentor" to keep your level boost? Pretty sure it was changed to the current system well before Live shut down.

Right, thus my being happy with Homecoming for getting rid of that lunacy.  /Did I miss something?

58 minutes ago, Falsey said:

Not being able to disable Speed Boost's buff to run speed. Truly annoying, especially during cave missions.

(For those who are not aware, you can disable this feature by visiting a P2W vendor).

Well, sb also boosts your recharge, but I get the running into walls thing. All too well. Heh.

1 hour ago, Falsey said:

Not being able to disable Speed Boost's buff to run speed. Truly annoying, especially during cave missions.

(For those who are not aware, you can disable this feature by visiting a P2W vendor).

I thought Null the Gull shut off the speed part of speed boost.. does it shut off the whole buff?

10 hours ago, Falsey said:

This never bothered me. But when I play Gran Turismo, instead of using my breaks for turns, I use other cars to help slow me down so I don't run into the wall. If you're not first, you're last!

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, THEDarkTyger said:

They didn't get rid of it. It had been gotten rid of long before Live shut down.

Thanks!  It's been awhile, and there is so much I've forgotten!  I guess I never noticed it was gone on live because we all (in my sg) quit fiddling it almost immediately.  I didn't miss it so much, I didn't even notice it was gone.  Hehe