FYI May be better to slot chance for build-up in tactics, especially Crabberminds

The short of this is that Gausian's Chance for Build-Up has a 6.5% chance to proc in tactics every 10 seconds per member of your team including pets!

A crabbermind with all his pets out solo would have a 45.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds!  Throw in lore pets and you're up to 58.5%!   

Even a VEAT who teams the majority of time without pets may want to consider putting it in tactics too, as you get a 52% chance every 10 seconds on an 8 person team, higher if anyone else is bringing pets.

• Thanks 1

Definitely going to gives this a try and see how it works out.  Duoing or trioing with other crabs could get pretty ridiculous.  A trio of crabberminds, without lore pets sits at 75%.  With lores, its 83%.

Even without these niche examples, in a standard 8 person team, you're going to be floating at or above 50% proc rate.  

I did some testing yesterday and it definitely is working as theorized.  With a full team of 8, including 6-8 pets myself, a MM and a smattering of random lore pets, the proc was going off a lot more than when just sitting by myself.  

And, while arguments can be made for putting it in Aim/BU for the near guaranteed proc, it really depends on what you prefer.  I dropped Aim because I needed an extra power pick for the Fighting pool and noticed that I wasn't using it due to the speed I was moving between spawns and the activation time.  Having it trigger passively is nice.

My only letdown is that 80% damage boost is just not as impactful as I'd hoped.  I'm passively running at ~265% (out of 400% crab damage cap) between enhancements, alpha slot, IO bonuses, hybrid support, etc. Add in smashing the red inspiration "combine and use" macros and I cruise at 330ish% pretty regularly.  So just running solo, that 80% boost up damage bonus is only a 25-30% boost of my personal overall damage and it doesn't impact the pets or my proc damage.  Definitely nice, but nothing game breaking.

Edited by Omega-202
typo

Omega makes an interesting point.  The damage cap seems too low on SOA.   On higher level teams it seems I am at/near it often on my Widow.  Luckily base claw damage is high.  But it does seem to mean the build up firing or double firing in big teams is less a big deal than it is at lower levels/examplared.  

Probably nice on a brute though.  

24 minutes ago, BrandX said:

Is this leadership pool Tactics or just VEAT Tactics?

It should work the same on both.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Ive used it on both.  Works pretty much the same.  

Though for Veats it might be slightly better in your secondary vs pool.  Since they have 80foot range vs 60, you might get a little more uptime.  

On my blaster its interesting in tactics since i get a nice big yellow circle on my snipe whenever it fires.  If i had to guess its up at least 1/4 the time on big teams. 

18 hours ago, Redlynne said:

I see that the fruits of my (mathematical) labors have infected yet another horde of followers.

Good.

Good ...

💫

😄

I noticed the % numbers on your thread in the MM are lower than what I've got, I assume that's because the way it's effectively 'rolled' on each chance, so yours would be correct on a binary 'did it proc' or not, so you won't actually have it as often as I stated, but since it apparently can have more than one up the overall effect on DPs should be the same - unless you're hitting damage caps. 

On 8/17/2019 at 7:39 PM, Haijinx said:

Omega makes an interesting point.  The damage cap seems too low on SOA.   On higher level teams it seems I am at/near it often on my Widow.  Luckily base claw damage is high.  But it does seem to mean the build up firing or double firing in big teams is less a big deal than it is at lower levels/examplared.  

Probably nice on a brute though.  

I'll agree with the damage cap being too low.  I'm sure I'm usually capped if I'm on a team especially with a kin.   

On 8/17/2019 at 8:53 AM, Omega-202 said:

And, while arguments can be made for putting it in Aim/BU for the near guaranteed proc, it really depends on what you prefer.  I dropped Aim because I needed an extra power pick for the Fighting pool and noticed that I wasn't using it due to the speed I was moving between spawns and the activation time.  Having it trigger passively is nice.

Yeah I'm considering dropping Build Up now on my Bane, really I was already almost like 'aw man it's up, I'll work it in' as it feels like it's slowing me down a bit.  I tend to VG a lot on teams to lead with, and the VG is for the -resist, which makes everyone hit harder, probably much more effect than wasting that second to cast Build Up on myself and perhaps missing enhancing other's first strike, or at least that's how it feels.  I suppose it's still somewhat useful when I occasionally solo for first strikes - but then I have to remember to lead with pulverize or crowd control instead of VG, and VG probably gives me as much or more damage than Build Up from the -resist, or the rare instances when something's got shields and I actually can use the +to hit (but being in tactics would have the same or better effect if I'm on a team.)  

I can't believe I'm considering dropping Build Up, I never would've considered it before!

Edited by Justisaur

3 hours ago, Justisaur said:

I noticed the % numbers on your thread in the MM are lower than what I've got, I assume that's because the way it's effectively 'rolled' on each chance, so yours would be correct on a binary 'did it proc' or not, so you won't actually have it as often as I stated, but since it apparently can have more than one up the overall effect on DPs should be the same - unless you're hitting damage caps.

Part of that is the simple fact that the theorycrafting work I did with the numbers was calculating the chances for a SINGLE proc in a given number of dice rolls ... but that completely leaves out the additional DOUBLE procs that could potentially happen (and so on).  Meaning that you want to look at the table of proc chances I provided as a floor for the (pseudo-random) chances to proc, rather than an accurate "ceiling" for how possible the proc is under various conditions.  So the fact that you got more procs over time than I was predicting in as simplistic a way as I could for so inherently (pseudo-)random chances to proc as this.

I was just trying to give people a sense of how the Chuck Lots Of Dice!! aspect increases the odds above what you'd expect to see from the base chance to proc (a mere 6.5% per check).  That's kind of difficult to explain, so I just made the chart and showed my work simply to make things accessible to the layman.

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

• 5 weeks later

You do some good thinkerizing, Redlynne.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝