Jade Spider AV Mission...need help...found in Ouroboros zone

OrionX

COHers,

I could never figure out this mission before and I had a great team and we failed today.

It's the one where you rescue all of the Freedom Phalanx from the AVs and at the end there is a giant Jade Spider that gets spawned.

After a certain amount of time when it is close to death, it sends out this horrific pulse over and over again, regenerating and crushing everybody on the map under 10 seconds, tanks and all.

How do you beat it.

My thoughts are that you get all of the Freedom Phalanx NPCs to help you, but they all seemed bugged and or tempermental and nyou can never get more than a handfull to follow you to the spider..

Have you ever beat this mission...how?

Cheers,

Orion

• 1 year later

Necroing because I have the same question. I was soloing the mission, went through the AVs, started fighting it, and got it to the 30% HP threshold.

Then it respawned in place as the upgraded version (Much Too Jaded Spider), and proceeded to ignominiously erase the few "Heroes" who had survived through the fights. Then somehow it kept hitting me... maybe I was in the area of its cone, but I was actually flying above it, with PA below it. But somehow I was targeted, and boy, does it erase HPs fast.

I tried again with Lucks to try to survive and move out of the cone, but it didn't take long before it again stacked enough hits on me to wipe me. I just read that it has a Mind Link power so I would have needed 50% Defense to AoE, maybe that would have made a difference, if I used Phenomenal Lucks or stacked weaker ones.

But before I go through a mission with like 7 AVs plus this monster again, has anyone soloed this? If so, what were your tactics? What did you use? I think I could see a SR Tanker handling it, and I think Ele has high Psy resists and also some Regeneration to handle what goes through, plus resistance to the -Recharge effect. But it would take a pretty high damage Tanker to beat its Regen. Maybe Earth/Cold (Stoney can cap out Psy Resists while also capping or almost capping Defenses) might also have a chance.

I do have my difficulty set so that AV's will become EB's if they are permitted to. 

But if you're talking the Mender Silos Task Force, yes, I "Solo'd" it on a Mind/Kin controller, along with spending 4 charges of Shivan Shard, speed boosting my Shivan, spam-casting Transfusion AND Transference, Fulcrum Shift, and Siphon Speed, and whichever heroes remainder around longest. I think Mynx lasted the most. I still went through a TON of large inspirations even so.  

I won.  But honestly? It wasn't worth it. Better to team for it.  I'll definitely team it for any other characters I want the win for.

Edited by MTeague
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 years later

On a character of mine, Uncle Artica, I was level 49, wanting to ding 50. I knew if we defeated Lord Recluse on the Jade Spider map to free Statesman, I would likely ding 50. I recruited 7 other folks and we stuck together for the most part, with a couple of folks running around locating where the heroes were needing rescue. 

We rescued them, and killed the Jade Spider. There was no difficulty in doing so that I recall; it was only a couple of weeks ago, maybe three. 

It's a necro thread, but I didn't bring it back to life! I don't know if it was changed since the OP posted his difficulty or not, but I don't recall ever having any issues with this mission. 

But, I do know the Lord Recluse as a level 54 AV on this map gives about 4-5 bars of XP. That could be because of 2xp and patrol XP together. Or I could be misremembering. But it was a lot more than I would have expected.