Show Off!!

On 11/10/2019 at 12:40 AM, Dacy said:

I don't know how to size pictures here, either, @BlackBlade. Some people post 1-3 and then post a link to a gallery, maybe on Imgur. And, nice work! 🙂

Just finished a base for someone, thought I would share, The person I did it for gave permission, and is really, quite happy to show it off. 🙂

Powergirls-9367

screenshot_191105-15-53-24.thumb.jpg.05bd1781ff130214fd625ed9e24d5344.jpg

screenshot_191105-16-00-36.thumb.jpg.e0f879cde6be18e89c773fd9f3372178.jpg

screenshot_191105-15-56-20.thumb.jpg.0566fd2755d0848b5520f34a89e78229.jpgscreenshot_191105-15-54-15.thumb.jpg.60a7c1fdb273b2ee96418d4a1bc6198f.jpg

Take the quick video tour! 165.55 kB · 0 downloads

-Dacy

HOLY CRAP, Dacy! That is over the top amazing looking!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

• Community Rep

😄

Thanks, Healix! Thanks Blackblade!

Maybe people should post passcodes and servers, in case someone wants to visit. 🙂

@Vanguardstitch, that shot looking up at the rocket and launcher through the ceiling, that is way cool. It wasn't clear, did you do this base? If so, nice job!

-Dacy

After taking a few months off for the summer I'm back and have been working on my base. My goal was to just get a really nice aesthetic going and accent with a few decorated rooms after getting the core layout clean and accessible. The design was originally based on one I had on Virtue which blended the Asian style elements, with wood and plant accents and a lot of shoji lanterns and wall lights plus arcane touches here and there. In this iteration I used warm brickwork for the majority of the walls instead but wanted to accent it with the clean lines of stonework and a few rooms which have a slightly Roman feel (most notably the swimming pool room). I moved away from using clipped potted plants and instead started using the metal texture tintable planter boxes. However at first there was too much of a clash between the metal texture of the boxes and wood & cloth textures, but I used more stonework and mitigated that. 

I'm having a bit of trouble figuring how to embed these so for now I'm just going to link to Google Photos, sorry for the inconvenience.

Here's the entrance room; the Tardis is the in-base teleport network access:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Cg3eg7WCaefAQicD8

This is the hero zone teleporter room which shows off the curved option for the stonework planters:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/d6u1afTARmoffZrU8

One of the RP areas is a library. As the chandeliers are not a working light source, and the base is set to be relatively dim and then hand lit by lamps, I embedded large spotlights into the ceiling to cast light onto the chandeliers themselves and make them look lit. Unfortunately the ambient lighting isn't captured too well in the photos, it looks fantastic in person. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SzxVWZf64wCGf9nB7

This is the main conference room which has access to the natatorium and my storage room where I keep extras of decorative items that I've color tinted in advance. I think it shows off the synergy between the modular planter walls, the nested planter boxes, and the Shoji elements.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/uwpQ7WNmMw5fRUD56

There are a few more screenshots in the base photo album, including the medical area, workshop, and pool room (inspired by a Roman bath, but needing more detail work right now). 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ztjsDdWWaTZMA4Lq5

Edited by Erydanus
fixed link

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

So I'll start with the part of my base that is both the "sloppiest" part and the part I'm most proud of.

Lots of people have a multipurpose "hall" in their base they can set up for parties or special events. I decided, a Superhero base would be a bit less likely to have a party hall, and more likely to have something for emergencies. So I made a large room into a refugee center, complete with temporary food, temporary housing and a civilian medical center (no med TP though, that's in another section, for the Superheroes). There's even a small recreation area.

The first shot is a map of the whole base. The second shot is outside the base with the refugee center in the front.

Right now it's set up for survivors of Galaxy City, since that WOULD be the most likely crisis to still be dealing with in Paragon City. Notice the banner in the back.

I'll post the REST of the base in reply to this post. but I did want to start this. 

001_SGMAP001.jpg

002_OutsideRefugee001.jpg

031_Refugee001.jpg

032_Refugee002.jpg

034_Refugee003.jpg

035_Refugee004.jpg

036_Refugee005.jpg

Edited by the_visviva

37 minutes ago, the_visviva said:

So I'll start with the part of my base that is both the "sloppiest" part and the part I'm most proud of.

Lots of people have a multipurpose "hall" in their base they can set up for parties or special events. I decided, a Superhero base would be a bit less likely to have a party hall, and more likely to have something for emergencies. So I made a large room into a refugee center, complete with temporary food, temporary housing and a civilian medical center (no med TP though, that's in another section, for the Superheroes). There's even a small recreation area.

The first shot is a map of the whole base. The second shot is outside the base with the refugee center in the front.

Right now it's set up for survivors of Galaxy City, since that WOULD be the most likely crisis to still be dealing with in Paragon City. Notice the banner in the back.

I'll post the REST of the base in reply to this post. but I did want to start this. 

001_SGMAP001.jpg

002_OutsideRefugee001.jpg

031_Refugee001.jpg

032_Refugee002.jpg

034_Refugee003.jpg

035_Refugee004.jpg

036_Refugee005.jpg

So as for the rest...

At the entrance you find this strange blue box, which seems to really help with efficient teleportation. It's not always around, but when it is our teleporters work MUCH better.

To the west is the office. The name of the Supergroup is Paragon Broadcasting Company. I won't go into the history, but we STARTED as a broadcast company. Now we've moved more into the "wold saving" business. In the back of the offices (behind the force field) are the generator and mainframe (we'll get to that later).

South of the office are the labs. This is where are medical facilities (for the superheroes) and science labs are. We also have a Quartermaster, trainer, tailor, workbenches, and storage racks there.

East of the labs are teleporter pads 1-3 giving access to 30 zones. There's room to add a couple more if I find the need. The teleporters can also be reached by heading south from the entrance. This is handy. It's a quick shot from either the entrance, or medical teleporters to the zone telporters. 

South of the Teleporters is the meeting room. Eagle-eyed people might see the hidden "bar" among the banners. Meetings can be tough. Scotch helps.

East of the Meeting room is the major residence areas. These are a few living quarters for superheroes who want to (or need to) live in the base. There are six 1-bed apartments here. They do have sink, but the bathroom/showers are communal. There was nobody in the bathroom when I took these pictures. There are lockers in the bathroom/shower. There is also a communal kitchen and eating area. As a side note, these apartments DO have a capacity to build a 2nd floor. I thought about making his "outdoor" and putting brick exteriors on them, but I did want to make this more "dorm" like. And this way, the dining area didn't need to be put under it's own roof. I might add a 2nd floor to the apartments, and even connect them. Maybe I could put some more communal stuff up there if I do (another laundry or lounge).

Back through the meeting room and continue west to go the the second residence section. In there is a laundry (note the steam coming from the dyers) and a 2nd communal shower/bath area. This one has a fountain because why not. There is also apartment #7 here. To the west of this are two more apartments in small rooms. 

Just North of the the 2nd shower/bath and apartment 7, is a slightly larger kitchen and eat-in area.

West of that is the motor pool. There is an open air section for our flying vehicles, and an area for our sub, with access to the local aquafer underneath it. The major vehicle entrance (or the "driveway" as I call it) is just the the west. We do store some junk in there we're about to send out for scrap.

North of the motor pool is the SG recreation area. There's a pool, a gym, and a game area with video games, pool tables, snacks and a bar. 

West of the rec-center is the arcane library. Our facility is mostly science/tech, but we had to have a room for our more magically inclined friends. I'm told the wards and crystals are needed to keep some of the more "cursed" volumes in check.

North of the rec center is the open air park. This is my favorite place. It's dog-friendly as you might guess by the friendly furry companions hanging out there unsupervised (so watch where you step).  We keep our satellite uplink in the woods in the back.

Going back East, you again see the red force fields behind which are the base generator and mainframe with a well-tooled tech staff there 24 hours a day. 

And east of that room is the refugee center (which I posted about earlier) with temporary housing, medical and food for survivors of Galaxy City (those pictures above).

So as mentioned I have room for more TP pads, a 2nd floor in the apartment areas, and the WHOLE northeast sector is empty. 

001_SGMAP001.jpg

003_Entrance001.jpg

004_Office001.jpg

005_Office002.jpg

006_Labs001.jpg

007_Labs002.jpg

008_TP001.jpg

009_TP002.jpg

010_TP003.jpg

011_Meeting001.jpg

012_Residence1001.jpg

013_Apartment2001.jpg

014_Apartment2002.jpg

015_Bathroom1001.jpg

016_Bathroom1002.jpg

017_Bathroom1003.jpg

018_Kitchen1001.jpg

019_Laundry001.jpg

020_Bathroom2001.jpg

022_BathSmall001.jpg

022_Kitchen2001.jpg

023_Driveway001.jpg

024_Motorpool001.jpg

025_Recroom001.jpg

026_ArcaneLibary002.jpg

027_ArcaneLibrary001.jpg

028_Park001.jpg

029_Park002.jpg

030_GeneratorMainFrame001.jpg

• Like 4

So, on account of my current task in polishing up the Dantless Reverie base, making it the best possible version of itself, I'm making a request: To all you excellent fellow base builders here, may I see your best medical setups? It doesn't matter if you have a magic or a more ordinary theme in them; I'm looking for inspiration on both - my intent is to tailor my work to the characters that I expect to be the primary users of various spaces, and this group's medical lead is a fairly conventional surgeon (i.e. a Doctor, rather than a Healer) and he'd want a space that's as up to modern standards as a slightly sentient magic-origin self-reconfiguring base would give him... I can handle that kind of atmospheric trapping myself, I'm just a little stuck as to how to actually furnish his operating room beyond "operating table, throw some tools on a stand, oh there should be a sink in here somewhere."

I HAVE made him a fishtank for his office, though!

image.png.53c34aece39d0a4d37abcaa0af53c701.png

Edited by Flashtoo
  • Like 3

Character portrait artist for hire, PM for details!

Commissions: Closed, Sorry

23 minutes ago, Flashtoo said:

may I see your best medical setups? It doesn't matter if you have a magic or a more ordinary theme in them; I'm looking for inspiration on both

Back on Virtue, I was excessively proud of the 2x2 medical room I built for my Hero SG base.  It essentially put the Arcane Rez Rings as high as possible in a room with the floor as low and the ceiling as high as it could go.  I then put under the Rez Rings a (lifted) Arcane Floor Dome which was then mated to a (lowered) Arcane Ceiling Dome so as to make a "planet" that hung in the air (the way that bricks don't).  I then put an Arcane floor seal in between the two domes so as to make a "ring" around the "planet" at the equator.  The nifty thing was that the "ring" was only visible from above the "planet" since there was no underside texture for it, meaning that from below the "ring" around the "planet" was invisible.

Directly underneath the "planet" I put a Bonfire on the floor and then covered the Bonfire(!) with an Arcane Inspiration Storage.

To the sides of the Bonfire, I had two Tree Planters ... and on one of the Tree Planters I lifted the Tree of Life item to look like it was a part of the Tree on that side, but was still low enough to be accessible from ground level.

The whole functional/decorative part of the room fit inside of the 1x2 squares on one side, leaving me a 1x2 "through" passage on the other side of the room.  It was very neat and compact and when you turned the lights OFF (low/mid/high) the effect was fantastic, since everything was lit from below by the Bonfire, but you had the magic rainbow rings of the Inspiration Rack covering it up and it just looked utterly awesome.  I've always been a proponent of putting in enough local lighting sources to be able to turn off the global lighting in rooms so as to give them a better atmosphere.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

On 5/17/2019 at 12:19 AM, TrystanLaryssa said:

[Let's see if I can get images to work here...]

This is actually the second base I completed (as much as bases are -ever- complete...) and my first Villain base. Since seeing the new shinies in base construction, I really wanted to try my hand at recreating my old Arachnos base. The result: The Web of Arachnos squad headquarters.

ArachnosMainHall.jpg

Nice base, I remember checking it out about a month ago. Good to have more villain lairs. I do love Arachnos floor grates.

Excelsior Server: Giovanni Valia, Operative Velez, Fortunata Valeri, LongFang Mercer

SG: Shades of Arachnos; 315-6811

• Community Rep

Nice fishtank! I like that a lot. 🙂

Hrm, not sure if I have what you'd need (google operating rooms to see some inspiration), but here are a couple I've done; none were surgical suites per se, but of course, for the one in the spaceship, it's set up like Star Trek might be, no traditional surgery.

screenshot_190410-03-28-02.thumb.jpg.ef1077e01d94b6dc66fbf71dc0587837.jpg

Then, this, a clinic type set up:

screenshot_191118-23-05-55.thumb.jpg.af42bfe1135ec25cd148956119a3c8ff.jpg

With exam rooms

screenshot_191118-23-06-47.thumb.jpg.62181dfae6e33e40e7fcd4adbfc60c1b.jpgscreenshot_191118-23-07-07.thumb.jpg.1c08d09feb585c8df893ced09b041cd7.jpgscreenshot_191118-23-06-28.thumb.jpg.8d800c1b0c77e900bb7906f59fb4ff97.jpg

I hope that helps! 🙂

-Dacy

• Like 1

I completed what I wanted to do on my SG Base (Assembly-5762    Excelsior Server).

Started working on My Villain Base it is a work in Progress. (Enlightenment-5999   Excelsior Server). Using lessons learnt on SG Base and learning new info via video's and guides (still Learning).

Messing with portals a little more.

SG Base Tour Video :

https://1drv.ms/v/s!ApwLu0ylp0lWsRoYk50vrIth45Ru?e=mYTZlp

screenshot_191126-11-21-03.jpg

screenshot_191126-11-21-10.jpg

screenshot_191126-11-21-30.jpg

screenshot_191126-11-21-37.jpg

screenshot_191126-11-21-48.jpg

screenshot_191126-11-21-58.jpg

screenshot_191127-14-14-47.jpg

screenshot_191127-14-15-15.jpg

screenshot_191127-14-15-32.jpg

screenshot_191127-14-16-11.jpg

Edited by Vanguardstitch
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later

Nice chandelier. I'm finding those arcane crystals (inactive) very useful for creating icicles in my freezer. 

On a separate note. That Piano that's been floating around really impressed me. I've tried my hand at recreating it.

Special thanks and credit to Dacy and BBBadger for design.

Piano 1.png

Piano 2.png

Edited by Giovanni Valia
  • Like 2

Excelsior Server: Giovanni Valia, Operative Velez, Fortunata Valeri, LongFang Mercer

• Community Rep

AWESOMELY AMAZING!!!!

@Giovanni Valia, you should include a base code tag; heck, you should set up a tour! This whole base is *fantastic*, pictures do not begin to do it justice, and it’s incredibly complex. 

Bravo!

-Dacy 

Thanks Dacy. I've been at it for awhile. I'm working to create a truly unique villain lair for my supergroup, The Shades of Arachnos (Recruiting villains! PST @ Gio Valia).

If anyone is interested in checking out the base, the passcode is "1-6811" on Excelsior. The base 'location' is underwater off the coast of Grandville. It is accessible from an offshore oil platform. Take the stairs if you enjoy a sense of vertigo.

• Like 2

• Community Rep

Okay, so, I needed a larger chandelier for a castle entry hall. Very happy with the result (It's hard to find round things that can serve as a base for something like this. Finally found the perfect thing for this particularly sized thing! Can you tell what it is?)

screenshot_191208-17-26-57.thumb.jpg.8f3bf12e93e63ff472327b884154f339.jpgscreenshot_191208-17-27-10.thumb.jpg.ad5a71184509cb1aaa12ed47f2b83114.jpg

Again, the sparkling effects make this much prettier in person. 🙂

-Dacy

Edited by Dacy
Removed extra volunteer photos
  • Like 6

On 12/6/2019 at 3:36 AM, Giovanni Valia said:

Nice chandelier. I'm finding those arcane crystals (inactive) very useful for creating icicles in my freezer. 

On a separate note. That Piano that's been floating around really impressed me. I've tried my hand at recreating it.

Special thanks and credit to Dacy and BBBadger for design.

Piano 1.png

Now I must roll an Arachnos soldier based on Liberace. 

• Haha 2
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291