Spines / Fire experts, I need your advice!

Dester

Hi everyone,

Reached 45% softcap Fire, have a pretty good build with a few Superior Winter sets.  For AE farming on Comicon or Big Dog, I can clear it in 8 to 9 minutes solo at +4.  When in a group, It takes forever!  The mobs must get way more health.  How are people in full groups clearing things super fast in AE farms?  

Are people taking Damage inspirations during farms?  How are they getting their Bonus Damage up to the hundreds?  I can get 150 or so with no inspirations and no Incarnate (just starting that).

Are there other things I am not doing to get damage?  Nothing is hurting me in group AE farms, but my damage seems low.  It takes probably 20 minutes to clear a group run.

Any suggestions on what to check?  What to add that I haven't yet like Alpha slot and Lore pets, other things besides Incarnate to up damage?

Thanks.

Edited by Dester

My guess is solo you aren't going against bosses and in groups you are. That kills my kill speed on my Elec/SD, and Spines/Fire will be similar. Musculature Alpha and Assault Hybrid along with Judgement and Interface will help with your clear speeds, but without a real taunt aura you're never going to be as efficient as a Spines/Fire Brute. I'd also suggest going to the P2W vendor to buy the offensive temp power. It cost 2.5 million for an hour, but if it increases your kill speed enough it's worth it.

18 hours ago, Dester said:

no Incarnate (just starting that).

And that's part of it.  Once you level shift with T3 Alpha things will get a little easier.   It will get faster once you start hitting T4 in the categories like @MunkiLordpoints out.  

Also, yes, even Brutes eats red skittles all day every day and twice on Sundays.

Right, now keep on trucking but maybe think about lowering the difficulty a bit since the time efficiency just isn't there yet.  Ease into it as you build up and it will get faster.  A fresh 50 without Incarnates isn't going to be clearing maps like a fully Incarnated one.  You'll get there though.

Edited by oldskool

I am confused. How does a taunt aura affect a high-density fire farm like Bloody Rainbow? Generally my brute is completely target-saturated at all times....

What does the lack do? Make them stand back and throw more fireballs? Run out of your burn patch?

I was considering a claws/fire scrapper because of the better recharge on spin, and the higher base damage makes follow-up, gaussian's chance for buildup, reds, and crits/crit procs potential clear speeds considerably higher than a brute on +4/8 fire farms....but if there's going to be some weird non-paper time-waster like mobs running like crazy chickens every time I drop a burn, Is it a wasted effort?

Edited by Frostweaver

I'm farming with a Super Strength/Fire Brute. He's my general play toon right now, so not fully optimized for Fire farming, but I can clear Comicon at +4x8 with bosses in about 5 minutes. I've never done it with a group. I'm sure they would only slow me down. But no, the mobs don't get more health.

I'm not only taking damage inspirations, I have a keybound popmenu that converts all inspirations into damage inspirations, and eats them, all by spamming a single key. The faster you kill, the faster you're eating reds, so the faster you kill, in a positive feedback loop. I probably average +400% to +500% damage over what's in the attacks, but I see the damage cap reasonably frequently.

I think I have tier 3 Interface and tier 3 Judgment right now. I don't have pets because I hadn't decided on which pets I wanted, but I'm leaning towards Banished Pantheon radial for the untouchable pet that does a little bit of damage, hoping he'll help gather crowds. Speed depends a lot on how well the mobs gather vs. me having to run around and collect them one by one. No musculature or assault on mine, again, I'm not optimized for farming, but those should help.

You'll want to slot some -resistance procs.

1 hour ago, Frostweaver said:

I am confused. How does a taunt aura affect a high-density fire farm like Bloody Rainbow? Generally my brute is completely target-saturated at all times....

What does the lack do? Make them stand back and throw more fireballs? Run out of your burn patch?

I was considering a claws/fire scrapper because of the better recharge on spin, and the higher base damage makes follow-up, gaussian's chance for buildup, reds, and crits/crit procs potential clear speeds considerably higher than a brute on +4/8 fire farms....but if there's going to be some weird non-paper time-waster like mobs running like crazy chickens every time I drop a burn, Is it a wasted effort?

I'd give this thread a read, or at least the first two posts:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/7594-farm-fresh-builds-farming-focused-builds-and-tips/

It's showing some /Bio Scrappers much slower than /Fire Brutes on +4x8 Comicon, and /Fire Scrappers were declared unusable due to mob scatter. I've not played a /Fire Scrapper, and I'm not sure I'd ever play a Scrapper again without a Taunt aura.

2 hours ago, Frostweaver said:

The lack of taunt aura does indeed cause them to run out of the burn patch. For that reason my personal experience is that my Ice/Fire Blaster is significantly faster than my old Spines/Fire Scrapper. Sure the scatter from my Blaster too, but Hot Feet and the Ice rains help slow the mobs down.