Show me your Blaster tier list!

Some Random User

This was fun on the corruptor board so...

blasters I have enjoyed in farm content...

Top tier

Ice/fire/fire

water/time/fire

fire/time/fire

Decent to good. 

fire/fire/fire

Bad

water/mental/fire

unplayable...

anything sonic... those sound effects, ugh

Edited by natewest1987

Id say Energy is middle of the pack.  Though it has some nice base damage for the first 2 blasts.  

It also has no quirky power choices 

3 st blasts

1 snipe

1 ST "control" (i guess) 

1 cone with a fast animation.

1 targetted AOE 

1 nuke

10 minutes ago, Galaxy Brain said:

Energy is def the baseline blast set, and it is surprisingly fun solo with crowd control

I been thinking all day about an old school nrg blapper fully torqued out for max KB and range on the ranged and a couple of melee proc bombs. 

Freedom toons:

Illuminata

Phoebros

Mim

Ogrebane

Not sure anything is unsurpassed unless you are talking from pure damage numbers. Water continues to be fun as hell though.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

My first main, back in the day, was an Energy/Energy blaster and it was always a ton of fun. But I mostly solo. Having a bit of control is useful.

My biggest complaint with En. secondary is all the melee powers. Half of the powers are REALLY useful boost for my primary attacks. The other half are like, WTF? Melee attacks? in Energy Manipulation?

It is the equivalent of taking a scrapper secondary like Invulnerability and replacing half the powers with stuff from the Assault rifle set. Sure, ranged damage attacks that do knockback, disorient and stun can be useful, to a scrapper, or anyone, in certain situations. But as a scrapper you try to avoid those situation.

26 minutes ago, SlimPickens said:

godmode:

Ice/fire/mace

being def softcapped to s/l/e/c/f on a blaster that has a HoT damage aura sustain is almost unfair.

Top notch:

Ice/mental/ice

Water/temp/mace

Fire/ built with these secondaries also melts content very quickly.

And with mace can get an AoE imob to keep mobs from running away.

I feel like all of the blast sets are in pretty good shape at the moment, which is interesting, because I never felt that way while the game was live. It speaks to the level of dedication of the server devs/

In terms of pure DPS a few of them pull ahead or fall behind. None is in such terrible shape that its unworkable.

There are some powers here and there that could use some tightening up, mainly related to their cast times. Also, arguably Radiation could be a bit better, but it's still very playable.

I'd expect some of the recent Dominator changes to eventually roll over to Blaster secondaries, which should be interesting.

On 8/23/2019 at 12:14 AM, Some Random User said:

Water keeps getting good word of mouth.

Water is just hella versatile.

It has:

- heal that also does nice damage

- large radius & target cap aoe’s

- soft & hard control slows, knockdowns

- defense debuffs

- tons of proc slotting opportunities

- a “high” damage rain ( whirlpool )

- several damage types

and to top top it off it has an inherent way to augment most of those abilities.   Need more aoe dmg?  Need guaranteed  knockdown? Need a strong heal? Need to chunk a boss down real fast? Tidal power makes an already versatile set even stronger. 

Mall that said I do think it could have a slight buff in the damage department.  As a whole, the set has a lot of synergy, but if you don’t need the slow, the knockdown, heal, etc., then the damage is kinda meh. 

Edited by natewest1987