Help me pick my Psi Melee secondary, please?

JnEricsonx

Ok, so my char concept is that he's a being of pure mental energy, placed in a artificial suit/body in order to better direct his power at the bad guys.  Said suit/body also provide some defenses.  Now, my options are Fire, Elec, EA, or Bio-with the FX turned off in that case.   Feel free to give me your thoughts!

Out of those 4 sets, Bio is probably the best of the bunch, since it provides great survivability combined with excellent offensive capabilities. The biggest weakness of Psi Melee is, oddly enough, its damage type. While not many enemies have resistance to it, those that do have a lot of it. Bio helps you with that with its mix of +damage buff, added toxic damage and a -res aura. The problem with it however is that it can be pretty hard to fit into your concept, since even with minimal FX option the set still looks very bio-organic in nature with tentacles sprouting out of your body.

EA I have almost no experience with, as I only tried the set when it was first added and boy did it suck back then. Of course a lot has changed since then. IOs were introduced and the set itself received numerous buffs. These days EA looks really strong, at least on paper, but unfortunately it doesn't provide and offensive capabilities.

Both FA and Elec are ok and will get the job done, but I feel like their potential is wasted on a scrapper. Not that they are bad sets per se, but they are definitely worse on scrappers than on brutes. Out of those 2 I'd pick Fire, since it provides way more damage with Burn/Blazing Aura/Fiery Embrace.

Another option you might want to consider is Shield, since it has great survivability and offers a great offensive boost with AAO and Shield Charge. It has plenty of customization options that can work with you concept. For example you can use the energy shield as a psychic barrier that you can manifest through your suit.

"First in, Last out"

Motto of Scrappers.

EA is pretty good now overall.

While no offensive bonus it does provide +recharge and two Endurance powers.  One of which buffs defense and drains enemy end.  The other is a self heal and regen buff.   

The scrapper and brute version also debuffs enemy recharge a little bit