Give Venom and Frag Grenade alternate mace versions

Thezanman

5 hours ago, Vanden said:

Wide Area Web Grenade.

Okay sure, Not sure why you feel you need it but sure.

2 hours ago, Thezanman said:

Also, Crab's single target attacks are pretty bad compared to Wolf's.

Which one exactly? The only thing I see that are really different is that single shot has a faster activation than suppression.

7 minutes ago, ryuplaneswalker said:

Okay sure, Not sure why you feel you need it but sure.

Which one exactly? The only thing I see that are really different is that single shot has a faster activation than suppression.

Single Shot is faster than Channelgun with the same damage, Burst is faster than Longfang with the same damage, Bayonet is both faster and more damage than Longfang while also beating the DPA of Channelgun and Slice. The only favorable comparison is that Slice has better DPA than Pummel, every other comparison between a Wolf and Crab ST power is bad.

6 hours ago, Thezanman said:

Single Shot is faster than Channelgun with the same damage, Burst is faster than Longfang with the same damage, Bayonet is both faster and more damage than Longfang while also beating the DPA of Channelgun and Slice. The only favorable comparison is that Slice has better DPA than Pummel, every other comparison between a Wolf and Crab ST power is bad.

All of the ranged attack comparisons are based on Lethal vs Energy, you are also comparing Bayonet a melee attack to Longfang, a ranged attack, as well as comparing a level 2 attack to a level 12 attack (effectively).

Not that I would take any of these attacks and use them as anything but set mules.

22 hours ago, ryuplaneswalker said:

All of the ranged attack comparisons are based on Lethal vs Energy, you are also comparing Bayonet a melee attack to Longfang, a ranged attack, as well as comparing a level 2 attack to a level 12 attack (effectively).

Not that I would take any of these attacks and use them as anything but set mules.

Okay? Those are the only ST attacks available to Crabs, and they're all worse than anything Wolf has.

Edited by Thezanman
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thezanman said:

Okay? Those are the only ST attacks available to Crabs, and they're all worse than anything Wolf has.

Well that means that Crabs aren't meant for Single Target Damage, Personally..Even in Single Target most of my Attack chain involves my AOE attacks.

Edit : Just to clarify my stance, the reason I don't think the wolf attacks should get ported for crabs is because I don't think the gulf between them and the actual crab attacks is that vast, the reason I think Banes need to have Venom Ported or have one of the beam powers copy it functionally is because Venom Grenade is the best power in the Entire AT by a large margin, There is nothing in the Bane Toolkit that comes close to what Venom Grenade does and that is a problem.

If you wanna take the wolf attacks as a Crab? well sure but you should deal with the cost of using the gun, you have attacks as a crab you can take and you are choosing to use other ones, you may be marginally more powerful for that annoyance but you do you. Not taking Venom as a Bane however is actively harming yourself in a major way.

Edited by ryuplaneswalker

Really, if we wanted to give Banes more AoE at all, my vote would be for giving them Whirling Mace. The NPC Bane Spider Executioners already use it, so conceptually it makes sense for it to also be available to player Banes. That said, given the grenade powers are already available to them, animations already exist for firing grenades from the Arachnos mace, and supposedly redraw doesn't affect animation times anyway, I see no problem with giving Banes a mechanically identical version of a power they already have access to that just doesn't force redraw.

• Like 2

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like "What?"

[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: STOP!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WAIT ONE SECOND!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WHAT IS A SEAGULL DOING ON MY THRONE!?!?

Agreed, I just respeced from my crab to a bane because I couldn't stand how crab backpack looked and the bane is unarguably a less survivable character. The whip out the gun animation is disconcerting and the idea of having the alternate animation be the throw grenade would be most welcome.

• Like 1