Pylon Damage Thread

Project_X

I used moonbeam only when momentum was down, so yeah, its massive damage offset the redraw time (do more damage than anything else than Rend Armor)

I used offensive of course

It was OK but I had to shut down tough/weave/manoeuvers.

Thanks for your work on this.  +1INF.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

I used moonbeam only when momentum was down, so yeah, its massive damage offset the redraw time (do more damage than anything else than Rend Armor)

I used offensive of course

It was OK but I had to shut down tough/weave/manoeuvers.

That's amazing, fantastic job! I knew TW was good but not this phenomenal. Would Achilles' Heel in CB and/or using Water Spout instead of Moonbeam improve the time?

It's not a big deal to shutoff toggles while pylon testing. I did the same with StJ/SR on my run. Focused Fighting, Focused Senses, Ninja Run and Sprint were off. Pylon testing is nonstop attack while regular gameplay, end has a chance to replenish when moving from enemy to enemy.

With a base 240 second recharge (according to pines - is it wrong?) your only going to be throwing a few during run - not making it a part of the chain.  I dont think Water Spout will help.

Whats singing here is TW in combination with Offensive Bioarmor.

Achillies Heel - you could steal slots from weave and tough without really hurting the +DEF too badly to sneak Achillies Heel procs into Rend Armor and Crushing Blow - more proc sources, more uptime, yes?

Based on Recharge Time (and thus PPM) it LOOKS like Arc of Destruction is the best place for the Scrapperproc.. so probably no more headroom there.

While on test, with infinite resources, might be interesting to see if different interface slots (-RES?  -REGEN?  -MAX HP?) are more valuable in the long run than the generally accepted Fire Dot.

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

With a base 240 second recharge (according to pines - is it wrong?) your only going to be throwing a few during run - not making it a part of the chain.  I dont think Water Spout will help.

During live, several players tried Water Spout and had increased dps. It has a duration of 30 seconds, and with a good amount of recharge, it can probably be up every 45-50 seconds. WS can slot the Achilles' Heel proc, and now with i25, the Annihilation proc too which may result in a double -res debuff.

During live, several players tried Water Spout and had increased dps. It has a duration of 30 seconds, and with a good amount of recharge, it can probably be up every 45-50 seconds. WS can slot the Achilles' Heel proc, and now with i25, the Annihilation proc too which may result in a double -res debuff.

Well, experimental data is always superior to theorycraft.  If its reported to help, it should - and the additional -res proc might add something.  Also, less redraw time Moonbeaming might help?

Hmm.  Replacing the Moonbeam with waterspout, Annihilation Proc, and Achillies Heel proc costs us 10% recharge, which ups the hitch in Hasten to 10 seconds, and costs us a tiny bit of time on our recharge on individual attacks.  That said, its on the order of a 1/10 second delay in recharge on rend armor - not likely to matter at the end - and the 10 second downtime on hasten matters less if the pylon dies before Hasten runs out. :)

Maybe something like this?  Its wearing the res debuff interface and the +DAM Hybrid (rather than the double-strike Hybrid - theory being that the Double-Strike doesnt get run through Crit, does it?) 

Though I still want to test ALL THE INTERFACES to see if the others have more value than we give them credit for - the Regen Debuff one probably wont matter as much here as the insane incoming DPS so thoroughly swamps the targets Regen, but Ive been wrong before...

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Scrapper

Primary Power Set: Titan Weapons

Secondary Power Set: Bio Armor

Power Pool: Speed

Power Pool: Leaping

Power Pool: Fighting

Power Pool: Leadership

Ancillary Pool: Leviathan Mastery

Hero Profile:

Level 1: Crushing Blow -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(3), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(3), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), AchHee-ResDeb%(5)

Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(7), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(7), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(9)

Level 2: Inexhaustible -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(9)

Level 4: Environmental Modification -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(13), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(13)

Level 6: Titan Sweep -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(15), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(19)

Level 8: Follow Through -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(19), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(21), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23)

Level 10: Adaptation

Level 12: Super Speed -- Run-I(A)

Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(23), Rct-ResDam%(25)

Level 16: Ablative Carapace -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(25), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(27), Prv-Heal/Rchg(27), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(29), Prv-Absorb%(29)

Level 18: Rend Armor -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Hct-Acc/Rchg(31), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(33), AchHee-ResDeb%(33)

Level 20: Evolving Armor -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(33)

Level 22: Build Momentum -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(34)

Level 24: Boxing -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(34), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(34), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36)

Level 26: Whirling Smash -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Arm-Acc/Rchg(36), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(37), FrcFdb-Rechg%(37)

Level 28: DNA Siphon -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(39), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(39), Prv-Heal/Rchg(39), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(40)

Level 30: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(40), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(40)

Level 32: Arc of Destruction -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(42), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(43)

Level 35: Genetic Contamination -- FuroftheG-ResDeb%(A), FuroftheG-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(43)

Level 38: Parasitic Aura -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(45), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(45), Prv-Heal/Rchg(45), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(46)

Level 41: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(46)

Level 44: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(46)

Level 47: Water Spout -- Ann-ResDeb%(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(48), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Ann-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Ann-Dmg/Rchg(50), Ann-Acc/Dmg(50)

Level 49: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)

Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Critical Hit

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)

Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)

Level 4: Ninja Run

Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)

Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(11)

Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)

Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(11)

Level 10: Defensive Adaptation

Level 10: Efficient Adaptation

Level 10: Offensive Adaptation

Level 1: Momentum

Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve

Level 0: Portal Jockey

Level 0: Task Force Commander

Level 0: The Atlas Medallion

Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon

Level 50: Reactive Core Flawless Interface

Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment

------------

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

Now that my build is finished, I don't know how to approach this with my Elec/SD. The problem with be Lightning Rod and Shield Charge killing all of my AAO fuel. And it's not like I can just not use those powers and get my best time, can I? No, no, I don't see how it's possible. I'm not expecting any sort of crazy number, or even a respectable number, but I am curious how well I can do.

Id not lose too much sleep over it, TBH.  Pylon testing is artificial as all heck, and noone questions the massive murder potential of Elec/SD - SD feeding damage to Elec to allow it to burn single targets at more than reasonable speed, and of course double-teleport-nuke-shenanigans (did you take leap attack?  Cause 3 would be funny)

Its not like I'll be pylon testing that TW/Bio build on live any time soon - shes not even 40 yet - though in my defense, she was rolled up before testing started, so I at least dont FEEL like Im a copycat. :)

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

I did take Spring Attack for a while but dropped it for my final build. It was just so underwhelming compared to Lightning Rod, Shield Charge, Thunderstrike and Fireball. The damage wasn't TERRIBLE, but combined with it's long recharge it didn't really have a place in my build and I constantly forgot to use it.

So, thanks to this work:

Bio Armor>Fire Armor for Plus-DPS

Bio Armor != Saving Sentinel DPS

Thank you for your efforts.

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

My Elec/SD beat pylon in 15 minutes and 43 seconds. HA! So DPS of 171.25 HAHAHAHA!

I'm rethinking attempting a solo ITF now.

that's the tradeoff for the aoe elec primary has.

on the old thread though even those that "cheated" keeping mobs in range for against all odds didn't beat many times.

My Elec/SD beat pylon in 15 minutes and 43 seconds. HA! So DPS of 171.25 HAHAHAHA!

I'm rethinking attempting a solo ITF now.

Maybe re-roll Stalker and transfer your enhancements there, DPS is way higher and the AoE is still great. On the comparison sheet it's 92% of StJ's DPS (which is currently the top Stalker performer) but Elec has way better AoE.

So, thanks to this work:

This is probably accurate, but I don't think 10:45 is the ceiling here.

My fire/rad sentinel is at ~215 DPS (7:16), on one try starting when Hybrid was on CD.

Attack chain Blaze -> Flares -> Blazing -> Flares, Aim with Gaussian BU + Inferno with Arma Fire and Fury -RES.

Setup: Hybrid T4 (doublehit), Reactive T4 (-75% res, -25% dot), Cardiac T4

Given that Meltdown < Offensive, I'd expect a Fire/Bio to push this time down. End management being a nonissue, you could likely include Fireball in your attack chain with an additional -RES proc too!

Edit: crafted T4 Degen (-75% maxHp, -25% dot) on the aforementioned fire/rad sentinel, and gave it another go. 5:20, ~247 DPS.

Hybrid was ready right away, so, this might account for more difference than Degen vs Reactive. Or, it could be luck.

So, thanks to this work:

This is probably accurate, but I don't think 10:45 is the ceiling here.

My fire/rad sentinel is at ~215 DPS (7:16), on one try starting when Hybrid was on CD.

Attack chain Blaze -> Flares -> Blazing -> Flares, Aim with Gaussian BU + Inferno with Arma Fire and Fury -RES.

Setup: Hybrid T4 (doublehit), Reactive T4 (-75% res, -25% dot), Cardiac T4

Given that Meltdown < Offensive, I'd expect a Fire/Bio to push this time down. End management being a nonissue, you could likely include Fireball in your attack chain with an additional -RES proc too!

Oh, Ive no doubt it can be gotten lower.  Fine tuning has a huge impact.

I also agree that Bio is likely the proper vehicle to do so.

I just anticipate that we wont be able to push Fire/Bio times into the Scrapper range, much less Stalker.  Probably similar to single target brute builds.  No value judgement attached thereby, just thinking numbers.

I will note that Bioarmor is a massive DPS boon to any AT that can take it, as is TW.  Im wondering where the best Stalkers will end up, since the change from % Procs to PPM.

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

Being unhappy with my bruts 203 DPS, I tweaked a fewthings and got him up to 209.

Since I had another claws/sr for a different server, I spent the time to get him to 50 and mostly tricked out and ran a test before getting any incarnate powers. 208. Compared to the brute's fully T4 build. Not bad.

Got alpha spiritual, interface reactive up to T3 and ran again, plus a couple IOs I missed, new DPS 248.

So the AT IOs... you can take the scrapper +3/+6 crit chance and stick it in a throw-away attack, because it's not a proc. The proc one I stuck in followup.

Brutes, unfortunately, are both procs. And I can't fit both in my build so I went with the +regen/+recovery.

Now here's the funny part, that 248 DPS run on my scrapper was for a 5:19 time. Last night I add T1 hybrid assault and ran another test... 5:51 was the time. Wut?

Obviously the need for multiple runs to get a proper average is a necessity.

I am interested in what his final time will be after getting reactive and assault to T4.

I will note that Bioarmor is a massive DPS boon to any AT that can take it, as is TW.  Im wondering where the best Stalkers will end up, since the change from % Procs to PPM.

Hear, hear. The +DAM looks beefy enough on Mids, then there's playing it and the realisation it's just one part of the picture added to the extra toxic damage (and a -res aura AND damage aura, for scrappers).

Pure madness. :D

Hear, hear. The +DAM looks beefy enough on Mids, then there's playing it and the realisation it's just one part of the picture added to the extra toxic damage (and a -res aura AND damage aura, for scrappers).

Pure madness. :D

And if you are towards the lower end of the damage scale, the PBAOEs DPS contribution is valued.  That plus quills is the only reason my Spines Brute doesnt look much, much worse.

Non-Linear Thinking Time - whats the highest DPS AV in the game, and can they be confused?

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

Live Server (Everlasting)

Titan Weapon/Bio Armor Scrapper (my live character)

T3 Musculature Core Revamp

T3 Reactive Pardial Radial Conversion

T3 Ageless Partial Core Invocation (for endurance)

T3 Assault Total Radial Graft (did not use the clicky on any tests; just the passive damage bonus)

Offensive Adaptation; needed to turn off Tough.

No outside buffs, no recovery serum, no inspirations. Strictly just what my character has.

I always wanted to try these pylon tests again when the server came up on live. Here's my modus for each test so you know exactly how I timed these attempts:

Hasten + Ageless (prepull stage) - Begin timer as soon as I hit Build Momentum.

First Attempt: 1:51 (first time killing a pylon in ages; was rusty) = 473.25DPS

Second Attempt: 1:32 = 544.59DPS

Third Attempt: 1:39 = 515.12DPS

Fourth Attempt: 1:34 = 535.72DPS

Fifth Attempt (used water spout after prepull, began timer as soon as water spout was being cast): 1:23 = 589.79DPS

Other notes: This is my PvE live server character, meaning I have some slots diverted (from traditional pylon testing-oriented builds) for more endurance management and healing in ablative and DNA siphon (which I did not use at all in these tests). My water spout did not have a -res proc in it. If I diverted slots from DNA siphon particularly, I could slot a -res proc into water spout + slot a recharge into my Build Momentum.

I'm reasonably certain, given what I was seeing with the current build I'm running, that I could get my kill time to under 1:20 with these changes with decent consistency.

Rotation: Rend Armor (activate momentum) - Follow Through - Arc of Destruction - Crushing Blow - Follow Through.

During Build Momentum: prioritize Follow Through - Rend Armor - Arc of Destruction - Crushing Blow.

Live Server (Everlasting)

Titan Weapon/Bio Armor Scrapper (my live character)

T3 Musculature Core Revamp

T3 Reactive Pardial Radial Conversion

T3 Ageless Partial Core Invocation (for endurance)

T3 Assault Total Radial Graft (did not use the clicky on any tests; just the passive damage bonus)

Offensive Adaptation; needed to turn off Tough.

No outside buffs, no recovery serum, no inspirations. Strictly just what my character has.

I always wanted to try these pylon tests again when the server came up on live. Here's my modus for each test so you know exactly how I timed these attempts:

Hasten + Ageless (prepull stage) - Begin timer as soon as I hit Build Momentum.

First Attempt: 1:51 (first time killing a pylon in ages; was rusty) = 473.25DPS

Second Attempt: 1:32 = 544.59DPS

Third Attempt: 1:39 = 515.12DPS

Fourth Attempt: 1:34 = 535.72DPS

Fifth Attempt (used water spout after prepull, began timer as soon as water spout was being cast): 1:23 = 589.79DPS

Other notes: This is my PvE live server character, meaning I have some slots diverted (from traditional pylon testing-oriented builds) for more endurance management and healing in ablative and DNA siphon (which I did not use at all in these tests). My water spout did not have a -res proc in it. If I diverted slots from DNA siphon particularly, I could slot a -res proc into water spout + slot a recharge into my Build Momentum.

I'm reasonably certain, given what I was seeing with the current build I'm running, that I could get my kill time to under 1:20 with these changes with decent consistency.

Rotation: Rend Armor (activate momentum) - Follow Through - Arc of Destruction - Crushing Blow - Follow Through.

During Build Momentum: prioritize Follow Through - Rend Armor - Arc of Destruction - Crushing Blow.

Would you care to post a full build?

Id be curious to see where it differs from the other builds posted.  Likely its mostly about execution - TW has a high skill cap.

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

Much to my own surprise I soloed Rikti Pylons on two different characters. However it was on Justin so it doesn't really count.

First character: Rad/Bio Scrapper from this post: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/index.php/topic,3733.msg32311.html#msg32311. No incarnates at all and I didn't time it well, but it took somewhere around 10 minutes. Considering that I am averse to clicky powersets, am old, drunk and never played Rad Melee or Bio Armor or ANY melee character EVER (other than a tank that never got out of his teens back in the day), this should tell you something about how capable this character is. My biggest problem was running out of Endurance a couple times, which did bugger all in the greater scheme of things - some toggles turned off, I refilled the blue bar, I turned the toggles back on. Also the spaceship came by and blasted me a couple times, and did bugger all too. Oh, and during the last fight I also pulled a level 52 spawn of Rikti that were standing nearby because I didn't feel that they should be standing around while I'm destroying their pylon. They died. Jesus H. Christ on rollerskates. I shudder to think what would happen if I slotted his incarnates. Someone tell me why anyone should play anything but a scrapper.

Second character: Electric/WP/Electric Sentinel with full T4 incarnates: Hybrid Assault Radial Embodiment (double hit chance), Storm Elemental Core Superior Ally (summons 2x ball lightning pets), Destiny Rebirth Radial Epiphany (big heal), Ion Radial Final Judgment (big chained lightning AoE), Reactive Total Core Conversion (Chance for resistance debuff), Alpha Cardiac Core Paragon (reduce endurance cost, + range, + damage resist). Also summoned the red wisp for damage boost, which I don't think is a disqualifier. First time I soloed the pylon I did not use the pets, and after I sharpened up my rotation some, it took a little over 10 minutes (I think), because I'm drunk and forgot to time it proper. Second time I summoned the pets and that took things in a whole new direction because I killed the pylon in about 2 minutes. I couldn't believe it either. Does it count with incarnate pets? Anyway, I went to another pylon and ground it down to 1/3 HP in about one minute in a half, but the GOD DAMN SPACESHIP came and blasted first the pets and then me, and I died, and it was all very sad and sudden. I didn't try again because the cooldown on the incarnate pets is what, 15 minutes and it's late and I'm tired. #### off, spaceship. I'm going to try again tomorrow, and I'm actually very happy with this because this Sentinel is the Justin version of my main; and while getting him to this power level without cheats will be a long road (so long in fact the servers might shut down before I get there), the fact that at least theoretically this is possible gives me a nice goal to work towards.

Incarnate pets have tremendous damage output.

It's considered "against the rules" in the context of Pylon Damage runs. But it's also a good reminder that for the vast majority of builds, within a 5 minute window, your DPS pales compared to the DPS of your Lore pets.

Which has some gameplay implications: if your goal is to take down tough targets like AVs on your own, -RES procs are king (as they act as a multiplier to your pet damage, too). Likewise, any ally or AOE damage buff you get significantly boosts Lore pets. Unlike you, they have no enhancements, so +30% DAM is exactly that, adding 30% to their damage output.

• Like 2