Pylon Damage Thread

Project_X

25 minutes ago, DarknessEternal said:

Any chance some brave soul will consolidate the times (and builds that go with those times) into something more readable than a 20 page thread?

This would indeed be a noble quest!  Good luck to whomever attempts it.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

so, here's a vid for beam rifle/temporal manipulation with a 2:32 time. in multiple attempts it usually averages that 2:35~ range, with the far extreme slow end being like 2:45~ and the fast end being 2:20~. i put the tildes there because i measured using the recovery on ageless, which i'd pop immediately. so maybe a bit slower than that since it's a real rough estimate.

since there's no established BR attack chain it took me a bit to try and figure out what was 'optimal', and i'm pretty sure i still haven't reached it yet. generally going between disintegrate->lancer shot->sniper ray->penetrating shot as a starter and then doing the same chain sans disintegrate twice seems to be ideal since that's how much you can do the chain and still get the full disintegration bonuses before needing to re-apply the attack.

on top of that, managing aim and build up so they are constantly active on top of each other rather than stacking both at once seems to produce substantial effects as well- doing the same string while applying both instead of juggling the two would shoot up my times to around the 2:50-3:10~ marker.

generally any 'lesser' attack string would do the same too. i'm surprised adding 'charged shot'  to the end of the loop there pushed the times that high too given the additional -75% regen it has (and the force feedback proc i have on it shortening the bu/aim timing) but i guess that's the nature of those attacks.

9 hours ago, Kanil said:

since there's no established BR attack chain it took me a bit to try and figure out what was 'optimal', and i'm pretty sure i still haven't reached it yet. generally going between disintegrate->lancer shot->sniper ray->penetrating shot as a starter and then doing the same chain sans disintegrate twice seems to be ideal since that's how much you can do the chain and still get the full disintegration bonuses before needing to re-apply the attack.

If you use Mid's for building out your characters, there's a tool under Window called Power Graphs that can show you the DPA of your attacks. By going off that chart you can determine what your best string of attacks are and focus on keeping those up the most often. Excluding the snipe, Disintegrate is actually your best base-DPA attack followed by Lancer and then Piercing (technically Charged is 1 point better than Piercing, but Piercing does -Res which trumps it). Now your actual slotting can skew those values if you under slotted a power over another, but that's where you start from base value.

Going off that, if you can get Penetrating Ray close to 4/s (>4.2) on cooldown, then your best attack chain is Disintegrate > Piercing > Ray > Disintegrate > Lancer > Ray. If you can get your global recharge up to 190% (Hasten+Time Lord+100% from elsewhere), then you can skimp on putting recharge in your attacks and can load them with procs for even better output performance. If you're using Ageless, than you only need to come up with 80% versus 100% extra.

Oh, and if you haven't, get a Gaussian's +BU proc into one of either the BU or Aim, it'll pretty much be a guarantee trigger to get you that extra boost in damage potential. And yes, you're right, you want to cycle between them, not stack the two powers ontop of each other to get better long-term damage.

10 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

If you use Mid's for building out your characters, there's a tool under Window called Power Graphs that can show you the DPA of your attacks. By going off that chart you can determine what your best string of attacks are and focus on keeping those up the most often. Excluding the snipe, Disintegrate is actually your best base-DPA attack followed by Lancer and then Piercing (technically Charged is 1 point better than Piercing, but Piercing does -Res which trumps it). Now your actual slotting can skew those values if you under slotted a power over another, but that's where you start from base value.

Going off that, if you can get Penetrating Ray close to 4/s (>4.2) on cooldown, then your best attack chain is Disintegrate > Piercing > Ray > Disintegrate > Lancer > Ray. If you can get your global recharge up to 190% (Hasten+Time Lord+100% from elsewhere), then you can skimp on putting recharge in your attacks and can load them with procs for even better output performance. If you're using Ageless, than you only need to come up with 80% versus 100% extra.

Oh, and if you haven't, get a Gaussian's +BU proc into one of either the BU or Aim, it'll pretty much be a guarantee trigger to get you that extra boost in damage potential. And yes, you're right, you want to cycle between them, not stack the two powers ontop of each other to get better long-term damage.

yeah, i did see that but the big thing that throws me off is the bonus damage and DOT from the disintegration mechanic- it seems like maximizing lancer shot is where a lot of the juice is at given the additional heavy DOT damage from that bonus on top of the general bonus damage on penetrating ray.

ill have to check out adding some procs to see if i can really crank up the damage on stuff, though given i have so much extra recharge sitting around in the build. 

On 11/14/2019 at 2:31 PM, DarknessEternal said:

Any chance some brave soul will consolidate the times (and builds that go with those times) into something more readable than a 20 page thread?

Murcielago did. The thread he started had the first 10 pages of this Pylon Damage Thread consolidated into the first post. You will probably have to do some digging to find it though. Haven't seen it in awhile so the post will be missing a lot of the more recent pylon times.

... I may possible have a solution for this tracking idea, we'll see. I'm looking into an option that would need community support (ie, people submitting their runs), but might be able to provide a central data point that's easy to parse.

I'll edit this with further info once I've got it figured out.

Okay, I've looked into a submission option for aggregating these results...

I present:

Pylon Test Run Submission

Open to thoughts and suggestions, please go nuts and submit data to it. Towards the end is a simple text-field submission for inputting the same style of data we've all just posted here so that the individual runs can be parsed into a single log file, but I included all the other fun info so we can see all the data collectively. I also wanted to gather general feedback on the form itself as it should be functional on a mobile platform as well.

I looked at a lot of different form-submission alternatives on what could be combined or what data could be linked to an individual submission and the google-based one was the best choice but still doesn't allow for ranking everything in one unit to a data-set. The more options/choices I put into the drop downs or grid boxes/radials the more laggy the system gets on trying to deal with all the data as each field gets created. I could technically add in a pairing option per-AT too, but it started to get a bit weedy at that point. Just having a general layout of the info was interesting enough, and this format allows me to grab the entire document and parse it into one spreadsheet if I wanted. Well, technically Google is parsing it into a single document as-is, but separating the individual categories when I can/will be able to go back later on and merge them into a singular one if wanted.

The other, most important of all, plus of the google form is that once you submit you can see the tally of everything and all submitted text options (what everyone ultimately wanted) in one spot. Click here to see cumulative current data.

I've added in a few things just to see how it displayed the info, now the rest is just up to everyone else submitting their data into this form. The graphs that display are auto-generated by google forms, haven't found a way to force-display a few of them differently.

Edited by Sir Myshkin

20 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

... I may possible have a solution for this tracking idea, we'll see. I'm looking into an option that would need community support (ie, people submitting their runs), but might be able to provide a central data point that's easy to parse.

I'll edit this with further info once I've got it figured out.

Okay, I've looked into a submission option for aggregating these results...

I present:

Pylon Test Run Submission

Open to thoughts and suggestions, please go nuts and submit data to it. Towards the end is a simple text-field submission for inputting the same style of data we've all just posted here so that the individual runs can be parsed into a single log file, but I included all the other fun info so we can see all the data collectively. I also wanted to gather general feedback on the form itself as it should be functional on a mobile platform as well.

I looked at a lot of different form-submission alternatives on what could be combined or what data could be linked to an individual submission and the google-based one was the best choice but still doesn't allow for ranking everything in one unit to a data-set. The more options/choices I put into the drop downs or grid boxes/radials the more laggy the system gets on trying to deal with all the data as each field gets created. I could technically add in a pairing option per-AT too, but it started to get a bit weedy at that point. Just having a general layout of the info was interesting enough, and this format allows me to grab the entire document and parse it into one spreadsheet if I wanted. Well, technically Google is parsing it into a single document as-is, but separating the individual categories when I can/will be able to go back later on and merge them into a singular one if wanted.

The other, most important of all, plus of the google form is that once you submit you can see the tally of everything and all submitted text options (what everyone ultimately wanted) in one spot. Click here to see cumulative current data.

I've added in a few things just to see how it displayed the info, now the rest is just up to everyone else submitting their data into this form. The graphs that display are auto-generated by google forms, haven't found a way to force-display a few of them differently.

cool, cool. put in my wm/bio time for now, will probably add more later. the form is missing dual blades otherwise i woulda put in my current test in:

db/bio scrapper, 1:21~, t4 muscle (core), t4 ageless (core), t3 degen (core), t3 assault (radial)

i assume this is around the best possible outcome for this build because the range on testing is still drastic. i guess it wasn't a quirk of fire armor after all and just how DB works.

like, my total range is a 1:18 lowest to 2:15~ highest. i don't know -why- there's such a potential disparity using the exact same string over and over.  there's no like, stable point with outliers as well, it's just all over the place in general.

it's kind of frustrating to see it all over the place because it only really gains traction in a long and sustained string against a single target. in live play, it just feels 'less' than war mace still due to war mace being more stable across the board and being able to spike up it's damage output ASAP with the build up + proc into CC ->whirling mace combo.

i had also tested out a fire/bio armor character but their output wasn't up to snuff so i ended up canning them before i got any footage. the average time for that was like, close to 3m with the lowest range being 2m25s~ or so. fire melee just feels... lacking? i dunno.

Edited by Kanil

6 hours ago, Kanil said:

the form is missing dual blades otherwise i woulda put in my current test in:

Thanks for catching that. It is now fixed.

Additional note for all: I went through and did a little house-keeping on the form for order of the power selections so they'd flow a bit better between correlating AT's as best possible. I also altered Primary/Secondary duplication so that all "Melee Attack, Melee Armor," and "Support" sets are in a singular category alone with the corresponding AT's instead of separated by Primary & Secondary exclusively. That change shifted the Defender AT from being alone, and reduced redundancy of Attack/Armor being in both Primary and Secondary. Since there wasn't any data in impacted categories, no data is lost or erroneously shifted because of this. I also shifted from radial grids to checkbox grids because the radials could not be un-clicked which forces a reload of the form if something is done in error, where a checkbox fixes that issue.

Edit: Went through and added a bunch of my own times along with the few others that got submitted (thanks to those already on the ball!) to get some reflective diversity in the graphs. Already shows some interesting stuff, and it's stacking the entries themselves in a nice clean way that's easy to scroll through at the end of the response page.

I also added links to both in my sig for any that need to find them quickly and see my posts.

Edited by Sir Myshkin
Update

Just ran a few tests using a Demons/Cold MM. Build wasn't designed for pushing pylon times, just figured I'd see how it would do. First time I've really put time into an MM build and this was on the test server mind you but it performed very well.

T4 degen radial
T4 musc radial
T4 support

1:14-ish avg time from 6 runs.

Best time was 55 seconds flat with the above listed incarnates :D. Run starts at 0:19 when sleet drops. Pylon pops at 1:14.

Edited by Doomrider
  • Like 5

Swapped around some incarnate abilities on my Fire/Elec Blaster.  Best time was 1:41, for 507 DPS.  I got a couple runs at 1:42 and 1:45, so it wasn't a fluke;  not bothering with average times since I kinda messed up a lot of runs, but they were all under 2 minutes.

T4 Musculature Core, T4 Ageless Core, T4 Degen Core, T4 Hybrid.

Compare to 2:06, 432 DPS with T4 Agility Core, T4 Degen and T4 Hybrid, which is what I use in normal play so I can run Clarion.

• Like 3

After respecing and +5ing, I got my best time yet for my claws/sr scrapper of 2:44. Long as I stay under 3mins, I'm a happy camper.

Edit: Scratch that. 2:30 is new best time. But I cheated and fired off Call To Justice when Assault Core ran out. 🙂

Edited by Bill Z Bubba

I decided to create a Storm/Dark Defender on the test server to see how it compares to my Fire/Storm Corruptor. I built for general PvE play, so my build is not tailored Pylon runs.

Storm/Dark Defender:

• 3 minutes 40 seconds (220 seconds)
  • 2 minutes 52 seconds (172 seconds)
  • 3 minutes 25 seconds (205 seconds)
  • 2 minutes 48 seconds (168 seconds)
  • 2 minutes 44 seconds (164 seconds)

Here is my build:

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.1
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Modest Breeze: Level 50 Magic Defender
Primary Power Set: Storm Summoning
Secondary Power Set: Dark Blast
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Medicine
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
------------
Level 1:    O2 Boost    
 (A) Preventive Medicine - Heal/Endurance
 (3) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance

Level 1:    Dark Blast    
 (A) Superior Winter's Bite - Accuracy/Damage
 (3) Superior Winter's Bite - Damage/RechargeTime
 (5) Superior Winter's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
 (5) Superior Winter's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
 (7) Superior Winter's Bite - Damage/Endurance/Accuracy/RechargeTime
 (7) Superior Winter's Bite - Recharge/Chance for -Speed & -Recharge

Level 2:    Gloom    
 (A) Superior Defender's Bastion - Accuracy/Damage
 (9) Superior Defender's Bastion - Damage/Recharge
 (9) Superior Defender's Bastion - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
 (11) Superior Defender's Bastion - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
 (11) Superior Defender's Bastion - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
 (13) Superior Defender's Bastion - Recharge/Chance for Minor PBAoE Heal

Level 4:    Moonbeam    
 (A) Sting of the Manticore - Accuracy/Damage
 (15) Sting of the Manticore - Damage/Endurance
 (17) Sting of the Manticore - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
 (17) Sting of the Manticore - Accuracy/Interrupt/Range
 (19) Sting of the Manticore - Chance of Damage(Toxic)
 (19) Cloud Senses - Chance for Negative Energy Damage

Level 6:    Steamy Mist    
 (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
 (21) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
 (21) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
 (23) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
 (23) Reactive Armor - Resistance/Endurance
 (25) Reactive Armor - Resistance

Level 8:    Freezing Rain    
 (A) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff
 (25) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 10:    Super Jump    
 (A) Blessing of the Zephyr - Knockback Reduction (4 points)

Level 12:    Combat Jumping    
 (27) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)
 (27) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage
 (29) Reactive Defenses - Defense

Level 14:    Hasten    
 (A) Recharge Reduction IO
 (29) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 16:    Tenebrous Tentacles    
 (A) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage
 (45) Superior Frozen Blast - Damage/Endurance
 (45) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
 (45) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
 (46) Superior Frozen Blast - Damage/Endurance/Accuracy/RechargeTime
 (46) Superior Frozen Blast - Recharge/Chance for Immobilize

Level 18:    Kick    
 (A) Empty

Level 20:    Tough    
 (A) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)
 (31) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%
 (31) Aegis - Resistance/Endurance
 (31) Aegis - Resistance
 (33) Aegis - Resistance/Endurance/Recharge
 (33) Aegis - Psionic/Status Resistance

Level 22:    Weave    
 (33) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
 (34) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge

Level 24:    Super Speed    
 (A) Celerity - +Stealth

Level 26:    Tornado    
 (A) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage
 (34) Expedient Reinforcement - Damage/Endurance
 (36) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
 (36) Expedient Reinforcement - Endurance/Damage/Recharge
 (36) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge
 (37) Sudden Acceleration - Knockback to Knockdown

Level 28:    Aid Other    
 (A) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb

Level 30:    Aid Self    

Level 32:    Lightning Storm    
 (A) Apocalypse - Damage/Recharge
 (37) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
 (37) Apocalypse - Damage/Endurance
 (39) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Recharge
 (39) Apocalypse - Chance of Damage(Negative)
 (39) Sudden Acceleration - Knockback to Knockdown

Level 35:    Life Drain    
 (A) Superior Vigilant Assault - Accuracy/Damage
 (40) Superior Vigilant Assault - Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
 (40) Superior Vigilant Assault - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
 (40) Preventive Medicine - Heal/Endurance
 (42) Preventive Medicine - Heal
 (42) Cloud Senses - Chance for Negative Energy Damage

Level 38:    Scorpion Shield    
 (42) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
 (43) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
 (43) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
 (43) Luck of the Gambler - Endurance/Recharge

Level 41:    Blackstar    
 (A) Superior Vigilant Assault - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
 (50) Superior Vigilant Assault - Damage/RechargeTime
 (50) Superior Vigilant Assault - RechargeTime/PBAoE +Absorb

Level 44:    Web Cocoon    
 (A) Superior Entomb - Accuracy/Hold
 (46) Superior Entomb - Hold/Recharge
 (48) Superior Entomb - Endurance/Recharge
 (48) Superior Entomb - Accuracy/Hold/Endurance
 (48) Superior Entomb - Accuracy/Hold/Endurance/Recharge
 (50) Superior Entomb - Recharge/Chance for +Absorb

Level 47:    Gale    
 (A) Sudden Acceleration - Knockback/Accuracy/Damage

Level 49:    Hurricane    
 (A) Sudden Acceleration - Knockback/Damage/Endurance

Level 1:    Brawl    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Dash    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Slide    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Quick    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Rush    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Surge    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Sprint    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Vigilance    
Level 2:    Rest    
 (A) Empty

Level 4:    Ninja Run    
Level 2:    Swift    
 (A) HamiO:Microfilament Exposure

Level 2:    Health    
 (A) Miracle - +Recovery
 (13) Panacea - +Hit Points/Endurance
 (34) Numina's Convalesence - +Regeneration/+Recovery

Level 2:    Hurdle    
 (A) Jumping IO

Level 2:    Stamina    
 (A) Performance Shifter - EndMod
 (15) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End

Level 50:    Musculature Radial Paragon    
Level 50:    Assault Radial Embodiment    
Level 50:    Ageless Core Epiphany    
Level 50:    Degenerative Core Flawless Interface    
Level 50:    Pyronic Core Final Judgement    
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1521;720;1440;HEX;|
|78DA6594CB6F524114C667E022D2425FB4D217B4506B5BB0B7D0C7CA85495B6BA2C|
|53492B82504A6486C012F90A83B172E346AD44DFF0135ADAD2EB40FDD591F6B35BA|
|74A17153135BABFD03F094F3154CB8017E77BE33DF3933E7CE257C65D2FEECF4F59|
|342D64DCCC572B9E8A49A55E984322CE1583215177439C29984CAE5BBC70DA5AE29|
|2B29EE8349D1F1C2ECAC1EC9678CF968A4303F9F49A7D2C9F672F47C2C9D54097D3|
|2665C8A8E53F6BCB0CF643273FAB48A6569624D6910C92A9570946EA752C98B790A|
|F028AC12A9782AAD3A4E6553717D226318852C558A866371453FB9BC32AEB6D26AF|
|CF4BD6512B88A52FC340B11D284E917F3612566118B1AC79698DA1370997968057C|
|CA7C445E09AF7CCEF90EBF005799356BE03AD3BEC17C4C5E33BCE60FA2A4D57D643|
|67C063F319BBE805B64726BE236C122D96B6991A5587303D8CC3CE2043DC43E4DB4|
|FA9877C86B452FAC9B3470522CB09FDF265C14B0714CD8BE9AD84F5A2DD732D7A25|
|6FB59DE43FB1EB37387E9A3B90E9E2B1DC8D9092E52BA7AECB77E95FB777C0D5C07|
|3798832FC157781E94B711EB6A2CD225CCA438D101E73057F7B864A93B9E20AFD23|
|3CAEC1E01C7981A795BD86B6AC18EBAD13D2FBAD643735CA8E8B27127EE11DAB083|
|B65DD6BC7F983D7FC13DF006F3E80FDE819BF275205FC736AFB78B343734374EE57|
|DB275A146D72072E86090796C080C81A8B14C431FBCBE206B7DC3E028883A035B07|
|E41395A5612FF744EB454F06D0133F4E941FBDF1373157C8DACFF54CFD239C3F140|
|2C79897296F006B0ABCC653DD640EBD01DF82EFE07DCFBC49F975F447FFCEDA5DD2|
|82D082DF58EBD4CA6F307DF64F87BF4A095629A12A65A44A19AD52A6AB9473FB0A7|
|7AE38A395FF0F842C456D0DE5B7BCB85D435189E809826616BF2B9A499EE137D4EE|
|E567E3BDC07DDEF9DFD7CFFF04BB154DCA077C0EEA1698D34E0256B444072284FA0|
|BCECAFD94AB72EF6BAECCFF071D93F9AA|

I then recreated my Fire/Storm Corruptor on the test server and took it on a Pylon hunt:

• 2 minutes 53 seconds (173 seconds)
  • 3 minutes 1 seconds (181 seconds)
  • 2 minutes 16 seconds (136 seconds)
  • 2 minutes 28 seconds (148 seconds)
  • 2 minutes 27 seconds (147 seconds)

Here's my build:

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.1
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Modest Storm V2: Level 50 Magic Corruptor
Primary Power Set: Fire Blast
Secondary Power Set: Storm Summoning
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Medicine
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
------------
Level 1:    Fire Blast    
 (A) Superior Winter's Bite - Accuracy/Damage
 (5) Superior Winter's Bite - Damage/RechargeTime
 (7) Superior Winter's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
 (7) Superior Winter's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
 (9) Superior Winter's Bite - Damage/Endurance/Accuracy/RechargeTime
 (9) Superior Winter's Bite - Recharge/Chance for -Speed & -Recharge

Level 1:    Gale    
 (A) Sudden Acceleration - Knockback/Accuracy/Damage

Level 2:    Fire Ball    
 (A) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage
 (11) Superior Frozen Blast - Damage/Endurance
 (11) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
 (13) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
 (13) Superior Frozen Blast - Damage/Endurance/Accuracy/RechargeTime
 (15) Superior Frozen Blast - Recharge/Chance for Immobilize

Level 4:    Combat Jumping    
 (31) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage
 (34) Reactive Defenses - Defense
 (37) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)

Level 6:    Super Jump    
 (A) Blessing of the Zephyr - Knockback Reduction (4 points)

Level 8:    Hasten    
 (A) Recharge Reduction IO
 (31) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 10:    Steamy Mist    
 (15) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
 (17) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
 (17) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
 (23) Reactive Armor - Resistance/Endurance
 (25) Reactive Armor - Resistance

Level 12:    Aim    
 (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up

Level 14:    Kick    
 (A) Empty

Level 16:    Freezing Rain    
 (A) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff
 (25) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 18:    Blaze    
 (A) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Accuracy/Damage
 (19) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Damage/Recharge
 (19) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
 (21) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
 (21) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
 (23) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Recharge/Chance for Negative Energy Damage

Level 20:    Tough    
 (A) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)
 (40) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%
 (43) Reactive Armor - Resistance/Endurance
 (43) Reactive Armor - Resistance
 (46) Reactive Armor - Resistance/Endurance/Recharge
 (48) Reactive Armor - Resistance/Recharge

Level 22:    Weave    
 (48) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
 (48) Luck of the Gambler - Defense

Level 24:    Aid Other    
 (A) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb

Level 26:    Blazing Bolt    
 (A) Sting of the Manticore - Accuracy/Damage
 (27) Sting of the Manticore - Damage/Endurance
 (27) Sting of the Manticore - Accuracy/Interrupt/Range
 (29) Sting of the Manticore - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
 (29) Sting of the Manticore - Chance of Damage(Toxic)
 (31) Gladiator's Javelin - Chance of Damage(Toxic)

Level 28:    Aid Self    
 (50) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance

Level 30:    Super Speed    
 (A) Celerity - +Stealth

Level 32:    Inferno    
 (A) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage
 (33) Superior Avalanche - Damage/Endurance
 (33) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
 (33) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
 (34) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
 (34) Superior Avalanche - Recharge/Chance for Knockdown

Level 35:    Tornado    
 (A) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage
 (36) Expedient Reinforcement - Damage/Endurance
 (36) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
 (36) Expedient Reinforcement - Endurance/Damage/Recharge
 (37) Sudden Acceleration - Knockback to Knockdown
 (37) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge

Level 38:    Lightning Storm    
 (A) Apocalypse - Damage/Recharge
 (39) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
 (39) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Recharge
 (39) Apocalypse - Damage/Endurance
 (40) Apocalypse - Chance of Damage(Negative)
 (40) Sudden Acceleration - Knockback to Knockdown

Level 41:    Scorpion Shield    
 (42) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
 (42) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
 (42) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
 (43) Luck of the Gambler - Endurance/Recharge

Level 44:    Web Cocoon    
 (A) Superior Entomb - Accuracy/Hold
 (45) Superior Entomb - Hold/Recharge
 (45) Superior Entomb - Endurance/Recharge
 (45) Superior Entomb - Accuracy/Hold/Endurance
 (46) Superior Entomb - Accuracy/Hold/Endurance/Recharge
 (46) Superior Entomb - Recharge/Chance for +Absorb

Level 47:    Rain of Fire    
 (A) Superior Scourging Blast - Accuracy/Damage
 (50) Superior Scourging Blast - Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
 (50) Superior Scourging Blast - Damage/RechargeTime

Level 49:    Hurricane    
 (A) Sudden Acceleration - Knockback/Damage/Endurance

Level 1:    Brawl    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Dash    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Slide    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Quick    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Rush    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Surge    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Scourge    
Level 1:    Sprint    
 (A) Run Speed IO

Level 2:    Rest    
 (A) Empty

Level 4:    Ninja Run    
Level 2:    Swift    
 (A) HamiO:Microfilament Exposure

Level 2:    Health    
 (A) Miracle - +Recovery
 (3) Panacea - +Hit Points/Endurance
 (3) Numina's Convalesence - +Regeneration/+Recovery

Level 2:    Hurdle    
 (A) Jumping IO

Level 2:    Stamina    
 (A) Performance Shifter - EndMod
 (5) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End

Level 50:    Musculature Radial Paragon    
Level 50:    Pyronic Core Final Judgement    
Level 50:    Degenerative Core Flawless Interface    
Level 50:    Ageless Core Epiphany    
Level 50:    Assault Radial Embodiment    
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |
|MxDz;1528;718;1436;HEX;|
|78DA6594CB4F135114C6EF4CA76279152850B0B4A5A5D8179D76D09D0B13508C4A1|
|32209DBA669873A09B4B52D892E5DF80FB861E373270AA889CF9DF858ABD1A50B8D|
|0BE38387F2078C87F94E18924ED2FEEEFDCEFDCEB9F7F44EB3974FB5AF9FB97A524|
|8EEC9857CBD9E9BACD46A4BD546A5E6CCE64B4641D0E3CE568A7ABD313C4BEAE2F0|
|DC780B69BEFD75B90BF972492FAA53464DCF4D508E46C08E4D2CCDCFAB962F37BBB|
|4B858291BE592689FA95416D4693D5FA559AB3599ADEA7AB1C31A4E19A58B0D0A60|
|96D58B46C128EBBED355A3A0DA89B3F9824E5FF5865EBB3240FB49D0272A0B7E4CA|
|7B8A708A1294259010FDD673E000FAF32D7C01FD2BE57886FD062944FE27CD21368|
|AD4F99CFC0F6E7CC1760E74BB09F9AE4B0CCA6C3D127595A60D76131B40546CE835|
|E5AEBE4DACE2FB2A585496B815F6A4912349708307F91EE42CCE9E2DC9D5D60572F|
|D303F6078851450C84C124A56FE35A6D2BA82553AD0ED63A4C7AC46F5AEC8622B93|
|76895873270F5319A767357BA5771829E35E63AD8FB90F908EC7F0C3AA8928777EE|
|198716F592E0574482779AE09DA642603A082AE4ED8357EEE353A7F9D4693EB59FD|
|678F924DE4DE44FD17E0779BF83EF85A51DF9C0FC080E7D627E060363F006299F8F|
|FBE0FB094DFB038E50CCCFB5FC2E74522504B956F0066EC2F04DE62DE66D3074877|
|917DCA22384D91BDE41BE91BFCC7FCC5D30F21D9EC835CCB7C93BCADED114B4A32A|
|33CDCC80518DC939AA749C18FAAAC4B8AF71EE6B9CFB1AE7DB94E8012F9127C9F59|
|2AF90676C83F99AF9064CBD65BE03E3545E85575623D0B4287314FC436532DCDBCC|
|576843CA8137D4BAA5892625D3A4684DCAB126E5789372764F91F69A629AD307A32|
|9DC8F1965FF9F414896C3D545EF3B1473B395CD7BD11304C521B66D4D96CEE146CB|
|21DC24790E5DDD3AE88BA1D28EAD49D275FC72CA3238ED212066867BEDF114BD021|
|AEF65D9638F57C2F6F83FEDC4F646|

The Corruptor was a bit more challenging to play. It required that I maintain a nearly flawless rotation with the Fire Blast powers, as well as use the storm powers as soon as they recharged. The Defender had more leeway for error, as the only attacks that I used with the Defender were Moonbeam and Gloom. The majority of the damage on the Defender came from Storm Summoning.

• Like 1

so, i was inspired by the giant writeup by sir myshkin to try out a bio/ss tank on the live servers (not the test tanker buff build) and ended up having my own tweaks to the build he had posted very early on in the tank proc thread for a tad bit more of recharge and survivability/resist.

and, uh, well, i ended up with this.

bio/ss tank, t4 core muscle, t4 core ageless, t3 core degen (-75% regen), t4 assault hybrid.

one of the things that bothers me about ss times when actually testing them out is that you're actually starting off by testing with doublerage on, rather than starting from 0. it sort of feels like cheating because you're not going from 0-100 as part of the test, even though SS is generally gonna have sustained doublerage anyways.

anyhow, that's the best result i had out of like roughly 10 tests, with 5 using hybrid on and 5 using hybrid off. one of the biggest shocks is just how stable the results were despite the crash factoring into the active time midway/twice through.

with hybrid on, i got between 1m56s and 2m8s - generally pretty stable!

with hybrid off, my times were from a 2m28s to a 2m45s. note that the 2m45s was a very high outlier, as a large majority of the previous tests i did sat the mode result at 2m30s or 2m31s on the dot, and the other 3 test results from this run doing the same.

in comparison to his results from the previous post:

On 10/25/2019 at 12:29 AM, Sir Myshkin said:

For those that might be curious, with the Beta Improvements to Tankers, for the same exact build reversed to a Tank:

Hybrid on Range: 2:09-2:15 (later post indicated 2m time for hybrid on in video)

Hybrid off Range: 2:24-2:45

Build is Double Stack Rage, Haymaker > Gloom > KO-B > Haymaker > Gloom > Punch

it's interesting to see that the overall range is relatively similar despite the changes in damage/gauntlet. i'm... not quite sure how i feel about that because it then suggests that tankers might be losing out on a pretty large support role for a vaguely insignificant change in damage when considering ss? i don't know, but my string includes adding jab and punch a whole bunch to add the -res and fill gaps so i'm surprised things are still roughly even at a ST level?

overall, i'm pretty happy with the results but something feels 'weird' to where the set itself doesn't feel as effective as the pylon numbers would suggest while in live play. i'm not really sure why that is, but it bugs me quite a bit.

thinking about the -regen on offensive mode, i might consider using that while the rage crash happens to see if i can lower my time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kanil said:

one of the things that bothers me about ss times when actually testing them out is that you're actually starting off by testing with doublerage on, rather than starting from 0. it sort of feels like cheating because you're not going from 0-100 as part of the test, even though SS is generally gonna have sustained doublerage anyways.

When I did the collective testing I did try both going in stacked, and non-stacked just to compare, but the realism of the situation is that, in general play, the character is going to be actively engaged in double-stacked Rage, and it's not like any one of us would intentionally go into an AV fight at half power in the first place, so it's not breaking the spirit of the test (in my opinion). It's no different than folks calling a "pre-pull" phase for things like Ageless or Hasten, as an example.

1 hour ago, Kanil said:

it's interesting to see that the overall range is relatively similar despite the changes in damage/gauntlet

To a degree the buffs that occurred on the Test server were/are designed to restructure the intention of the -Res offset by putting that raw value directly into the damage of the AT, versus falsifying it through -Res in a ST situation. Idealistically, against something like the Pylon, a Live build and a Test build should perform somewhat similarly. What I am curious on, however, is how closely you aligned your build with the proc configuration I used. Something that's very specific to this situation is the Live build is punishing the Pylon with -Res from its T1 attack, which actually results in Procs doing more damage comparatively than in my run on the test server. Your inclusion of Jab into the build was probably offset by that factor alone, and helped maintain a similar time. There is a possibility that the Live build could feasibly do a tad better, if the chain was more honed in to only use Jab exactly when it was necessary.

This same reason could also be why you'd feel "general play" currently on Live feels lack-luster. Your T1 isn't being applied to every single target (necessarily) in a way that damage spreads fairly, especially not in an AoE standpoint. Knockout Blow will still hit hard, but not quite as hard as if you'd tagged a target with -Res first.

What I find pretty neat is that you independently ended up with a time range fairly consistent to what I landed on. Nice work.

Well just for fun I decided to run this with some Lore pets.  It made quite the difference, too.  Personally, I don't "count" using Lore, but couldn't help but see.  The best run I was able to do without Lore was 1:02.

Courageous Girl

TW/Bio Scrapper

Hybrid and Destiny Enabled

T4 Musculature

T4 Degenerative

T4 Assault Core

T4 Ageless

T3 Cimeroran Total Core

Times:

0:38

0:36

0:36

0:37

0:40

Using pets kept my times more consistent than without them.  I found my time ranges without Lore to be quite large if certain procs don't go off and any impact to my Momentum.  I found my "slower" times with Lore to be because of any time one or both of the pets were KB'd.   Overall, though, I couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity as this comes out to nearly 1200 DPS (I am aware of the debate at the accuracy of this number that was posed in this thread) and there was a time that hitting 300 was a milestone.   

I did a few runs on my Fire/Rad Corruptor. My build has 32.9% ranged defense to softcap with a small purple, so I usually run one of those. I start timing when I start attacking. Best time is 1:56. 

Times:

• 2:16
  • 2:04
  • 1:58
  • 1:56
  • 1:57

Incarnates:

• Assault Core Embodiment 
  • Musculature Radial Paragon
  • Degenerative Radial Flawless Interface
  • Ageless Partial Radial Invocation

Attack priority is snipe>blaze>dominate>fireball>flares and then mixing in ROF when the target is a bit below 50% health. 

Edited by Septipheran
  • Like 4

Crabbermind

Just remade this last night with a new build. Got the following times from some testing.

Agility T4

Degen T3

Support T4

Pyronic T2

Barrier T4

Times

1:12

1:20

1:17

1:15

1:11

Times with T3 Arachnos Lore

:42

:38

:40

:37

:34

Looking at average 639 dps w/o Lore, 1130 dps with Lore.

Might be able to push it a bit higher if I swap to Musculature, but currently need Agility so I can perma hasten w 1 slotted recharge IO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Madvillain said:

Crabbermind

Just remade this last night with a new build. Got the following times from some testing.

Agility T4

Degen T3

Support T4

Pyronic T2

Barrier T4

Times

1:12

1:20

1:17

1:15

1:11

Times with T3 Arachnos Lore

:42

:38

:40

:37

:34

Looking at average 639 dps w/o Lore, 1130 dps with Lore.

Might be able to push it a bit higher if I swap to Musculature, but currently need Agility so I can perma hasten w 1 slotted recharge IO.

Mad numbers for a supposed AoE focused AT. No Assault incarnate clicked or anything?

here's a 1:30 on kat/bio scrapper.

t4 core muscle, t3 core degen, t4 radial assault t4 core ageless

i had to ask in the scrapper channel for the right slotting and attack chain to really get this right - was pulling 2m~ times with crit strikes on SD, but it seems that GD is the right place to put it after all due to how crazy GC is. i completely underestimated gambler's cut - i'm not quite sure why it procs so often given it's rech/anim time... might have to experiment more with that to reduce times, maybe. either way, just doing GD/GC/SD/GC over and over seems to be the key once you've got high enough recharge.

this is another one of those sets with annoyingly high variation. this is the lowest it got, but the median for the times was closer to the 1m50 mark, with the average probably pulling at a 1m45~ or so. it finally made me realize the obvious thing of 'oh, sets that have a high dps due to low anim times are probably naturally going to have higher variance across the board because they have more chance to miss'.

sorry for the music, just wanted somethin' besides the game sound fx playing.

Edited by Kanil

On 12/10/2019 at 3:48 PM, Sovera said:

Mad numbers for a supposed AoE focused AT. No Assault incarnate clicked or anything?

I was using Support Hybrid T4

And yes, I should say this was using a general pve build, so I was cycling my AoE attacks. I can get some pretty solid -res stacking with them though, which I believe is why I am able to get solid times. Spiders (and all feats) get the chance for toxic proc, which makes the spider pets do an absurd amount of damage, especially considering I can stack -120% toxic resist and have each proc hit for around 100 dmg (12% chance per attack on all attacks between myself and 6 spider pets).

Edited by Madvillain
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later

okay, i rebuilt my fire/bio char after learning about a better string (aka how godawful greater fire sword is) and played around with some slotting and adding a fuckton of procs to fire sword. i originally naturally had 182% recharge but had to sacrifice a lot of it to crank out damage - that 20% lost recharge doesn't really sting thanks to the strings still being pretty loose.

the average time is definitely on the weaker end of the melee sets i've played, sitting at around a 1:50 - i'd be very surprised if it were possible to dip into sub-1:30 with how it's laid out, but at a sheer output level it's pretty good when considering that the only -res in this is from melt armor+heel proc. i know people really like incinerate but i honestly hate the 4s burn window a lot. i think it sucks in live play on boss-level enemies since you usually want to alpha strike/mulch them as fast as possible!

once again, this one has music so probably mute it.

the journey in bio armor scrapping continues - not sure if there's many other sets i really want to play in terms of melee stuff besides battle axe, but i really can't imagine battle axe being decent in a high-end environment

• Like 1

On 12/10/2019 at 3:48 PM, Sovera said:

Well, says he went with support - so that's a negative.

I'm curious if the build has double assault, though. My crabbermind build was really tight, so I had to drop one assault.