Pylon Damage Thread

Project_X

hmm, a quick test run on a revamped fortunata build that sheds a lot of res (loses out on tough, effectively 22% res) but gains shatter armor and the spider blaster. with the blaster out and not dying, i got it down to roughly 1m55. using follow up->lunge->dominate (procced out)->shatter armor->followup->lunge->dominate as a string, aim whenever i can and psychic wail whenever i can.

i'm really not sure if trying to use a procced out gloom would be better than having the spider blaster out and alive doing damage, but i kinda doubt it. it's still a pretty big difference.

without the blaster it's back up to 3m though, so i'm betting without having to rely on the pet it's not really worth the sacrifice in -res.

i also tried using a gloom string, but it's still in the 3m range. there's definitely gotta be a way to get this to sub 3m solo and no pets/hyrbid-  just gotta figure out what i'm missing.

36 minutes ago, Kanil said:

hmm, a quick test run on a revamped fortunata build that sheds a lot of res (loses out on tough, effectively 22% res) but gains shatter armor and the spider blaster. with the blaster out and not dying, i got it down to roughly 1m55. using follow up->lunge->dominate (procced out)->shatter armor->followup->lunge->dominate as a string, aim whenever i can and psychic wail whenever i can.

i'm really not sure if trying to use a procced out gloom would be better than having the spider blaster out and alive doing damage, but i kinda doubt it. it's still a pretty big difference.

without the blaster it's back up to 3m though, so i'm betting without having to rely on the pet it's not really worth the sacrifice in -res.

i also tried using a gloom string, but it's still in the 3m range. there's definitely gotta be a way to get this to sub 3m solo and no pets/hyrbid-  just gotta figure out what i'm missing.

You're saying the pet itself (boosted by your buffs and -res) is doing 100dps then? I'd keep that sucker. The "no pets" thing is about lore pets unless you've got your own vendetta against them. If you can keep the epic pet alive that should be fair game as part of your dps. If you've got the recharge to make it perma or nearly perma that's hard to make an argument against.

10 hours ago, Microcosm said:

You're saying the pet itself (boosted by your buffs and -res) is doing 100dps then? I'd keep that sucker. The "no pets" thing is about lore pets unless you've got your own vendetta against them. If you can keep the epic pet alive that should be fair game as part of your dps. If you've got the recharge to make it perma or nearly perma that's hard to make an argument against.

it's one of those things where having the pet out is really inconsistent in a live play situation, so it's not a realistic gauge of 'added damage' to me since they're very likely to die in AV/trial AOE situations and won't focus targets vs. bosses and whatnot in groups.

i refined my gloom build some more, and ended up getting a 2:40 as my best time between like 3 tests - the big things are putting a decimation proc in gloom alongside changing out 2 of the lethal (glad's javelin and glad's net) for dam/mez hami-os on dominate. dominate does pretty fair damage and having followup boosting damage overall all the time means that it's affected more by the damage spikes from the aim+gaussian proc and the decimation proc on gloom.

i think it's possible to reduce it more to maybe like a 2:30 range, but at the moment i'm pretty happy with this build since it's nice and snappy while also outputting sub 3m times. main thing i gotta look out for is how monstrous the endurance usage is. it's pretty ridiculous - if ageless goes down then the end bar just vanishes in like, two strings.

also the build got the aoe hold back so theres more mitigation for it, which is just a nice bonus

Edited by Kanil

i've been wondering about psi melee for awhile, because it's the first actual 50 i played up normally on homecoming.

there's a certain weird factor to it that i think isn't properly captured in any tests where the nature of insight isn't necessarily about expending it immediately because it's a fixed time, but i always wondered what the actual performance is.

the answer is... it's okay, i guess. with similar building, it averages out to around 2m flat for it's dps. the idea is that whenever you get insight, you expend it on regular attacks to it's maximum amount until the very last second, and then last greater psi blade hit at that point. while insight is locked out or not available then you get to keep using greater psiblade due to it's high DPA with a million procs on it that always activate. so, in my testing it's insight activate-> 8 attacks, GPB. then using GPB whenever it's up until insight comes back.

i tried some strings where i added boggle to greatly increase the amount of uptime insight had, and it definitely did but it ended up with similar results to just kinda starting off with insight and letting things rock. it's unfortunate the psi melee has one of those cool factors like titan weapons where you have to pay attention to what you're doing for maximum output but the actual output itself leaves something to be desired.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Kanil said:

i've been wondering about psi melee for awhile, because it's the first actual 50 i played up normally on homecoming.

there's a certain weird factor to it that i think isn't properly captured in any tests where the nature of insight isn't necessarily about expending it immediately because it's a fixed time, but i always wondered what the actual performance is.

the answer is... it's okay, i guess. with similar building, it averages out to around 2m flat for it's dps. the idea is that whenever you get insight, you expend it on regular attacks to it's maximum amount until the very last second, and then last greater psi blade hit at that point. while insight is locked out or not available then you get to keep using greater psiblade due to it's high DPA with a million procs on it that always activate. so, in my testing it's insight activate-> 8 attacks, GPB. then using GPB whenever it's up until insight comes back.

i tried some strings where i added boggle to greatly increase the amount of uptime insight had, and it definitely did but it ended up with similar results to just kinda starting off with insight and letting things rock. it's unfortunate the psi melee has one of those cool factors like titan weapons where you have to pay attention to what you're doing for maximum output but the actual output itself leaves something to be desired.

Pretty darn decent though. I've seen other attempts at making Psi Melee work and they were not as good. You seemed to have hit the nail on the head regarding trying to maximize Insight upkeep.

On 1/10/2020 at 8:35 PM, Kanil said:

I just tried a nightwidow for comparison and got 1:38, 1:41, 2:01 and 2:10. Two of those times I tried to use the pet, but it died almost instantly as it rushes to the pylon after a couple attacks and absorbs the aoe damage shot at me. I think a gloom build might work better than the shatter armor since I can't get the pet to live, but don't feel like redoing it now. I'm also not an expert on widows though; sure someone else can do better.

2 hours ago, Microcosm said:

I just tried a nightwidow for comparison and got 1:38, 1:41, 2:01 and 2:10. Two of those times I tried to use the pet, but it died almost instantly as it rushes to the pylon after a couple attacks and absorbs the aoe damage shot at me. I think a gloom build might work better than the shatter armor since I can't get the pet to live, but don't feel like redoing it now. I'm also not an expert on widows though; sure someone else can do better.

1:40 is a little better than my widow testing. Mine was a little squishy to get that performance though and almost unplayable without ageless. 

I actually used the artic breath with 2 -res procs (up to 55% -res).. Super clunky though. I wouldnt recommend it. Widows are pretty fast. Arctic breath is not haha, especially with redraw. lot of -res though. 

1 hour ago, Frosticus said:

1:40 is a little better than my widow testing. Mine was a little squishy to get that performance though and almost unplayable without ageless. 

I actually used the artic breath with 2 -res procs (up to 55% -res).. Super clunky though. I wouldnt recommend it. Widows are pretty fast. Arctic breath is not haha, especially with redraw. lot of -res though. 

I chose to forgo Tough in favor of Aid Self +Field Medic. The endurance gain from that and +5ing end mods in Stamina make it just almost sustainable without Ageless if I keep Aid Self going (which I'm not going to do against the pylon unless I have to). In a group of 54 rikti he was able to stand there just fine, using Aid Self as needed, until two bosses hit simultaneously with their swords. Definitely not as sturdy as other things I've tested, but maybe about the same as an SR scrapper I'm guessing.

• Like 2

Best time so far on my ill/rad controller. I've run many tests and experiments to optimize this build for st dps. There are two things I have in mind which I could do to improve this slightly: 1. musculature core instead of intuitive radial (but I want the to hit debuff increase), 2. fire mastery instead of psionic mastery (but I want the mez prot from indomitable will). These most likely make a small difference, though.

Timer start: 0:09, when phantom army is activated

Timer end: 1:43, when the pylon is destroyed

Total time: 1:34

Effective DPS calculation: (30677.15+(102.26*94))/(94*0.8)=535.77

'DPS' coming from lingering radiation (based on past power analyzer tests): About 82 (factoring in periodic stacking)

Raw DPS calculation (including enervating field and degenerative interface debuffs, but no others): About 454

Incarnates used: intuitive radial alpha, degenerative core interface, assault core (toggled), and rebirth radial destiny (to help keep phantasm alive).

Edited by Elmyder

1 hour ago, Elmyder said:

Best time so far on my ill/rad controller. I've run many tests and experiments to optimize this build for st dps. There are two things I have in mind which I could do to improve this slightly: 1. musculature core instead of intuitive radial (but I want the to hit debuff increase), 2. fire mastery instead of psionic mastery (but I want the mez prot from indomitable will). These most likely make a small difference, though.

Timer start: 0:09, when phantom army is activated

Timer end: 1:43, when the pylon is destroyed

Total time: 1:34

Effective DPS calculation: (30677.15+(102.26*94))/(94*0.8)=535.77

'DPS' coming from lingering radiation (based on past power analyzer tests): About 82 (factoring in periodic stacking)

Raw DPS calculation (including enervating field and degenerative interface debuffs, but no others): About 454

Incarnates used: intuitive radial alpha, degenerative core interface, assault core (toggled), and rebirth core destiny (to help keep phantasm alive).

Nice, but do you really need Rebirth as a /Rad? You could go Clarion Radial for the mez protection and the secondary boosts (it's the same as Power Boost) and then go fire pool.

7 hours ago, Razia said:

Nice, but do you really need Rebirth as a /Rad? You could go Clarion Radial for the mez protection and the secondary boosts (it's the same as Power Boost) and then go fire pool.

For most of my gameplay, I run incan, so I like to stick with psi mastery for the mez prot.

• Thanks 1

On 1/12/2020 at 7:34 PM, Microcosm said:

trying it out with a gloom build, i can't seem to get any good results. clocking in at like 2:10-2:20, which is significantly slower.

i took weaken resolve on this build too and it's faster in tests using it (procced w/ achilles) (gains about 10-15 in time).

what's your setup in slotting on the string with shatter armor? maybe i'm missing something here.

2 hours ago, Kanil said:

trying it out with a gloom build, i can't seem to get any good results. clocking in at like 2:10-2:20, which is significantly slower.

i took weaken resolve on this build too and it's faster in tests using it (procced w/ achilles) (gains about 10-15 in time).

what's your setup in slotting on the string with shatter armor? maybe i'm missing something here.

That's weird, weaken resolve ended up not helping my PB at all, so I guessed the loss of damage while executing it wasn't worthwhile in general. But I can also slot achilles procs elsewhere on a PB so maybe that's why.

Here's the widow build I was using.

Spoiler

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Arachnos Widow
Primary Power Set: Night Widow Training
Secondary Power Set: Widow Teamwork
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Medicine
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Poison Dart -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg(37), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(39), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(39)
Level 1: Combat Training: Defensive -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(3), Rct-ResDam%(5)
Level 2: Strike -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(A), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx(7), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), TchofDth-Dam%(46)
Level 4: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(5)
Level 6: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(7)
Level 8: Follow Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GldStr-%Dam(9), Mk'Bit-Dam%(9), TchofDth-Dam%(40), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Dmg-I(40)
Level 10: Indomitable Will -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(11)
Level 12: Lunge -- SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Dmg-I(13), Mk'Bit-Dam%(13), GldStr-%Dam(15), TchofDth-Dam%(15), Hct-Dam%(17)
Level 14: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 16: Tactical Training: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Slash -- SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(A), SprSpdBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), Dmg-I(19), Mk'Bit-Dam%(21), GldStr-%Dam(23), TchofDth-Dam%(27)
Level 20: Mask Presence -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(21)
Level 22: Foresight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(23)
Level 24: Mind Link -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(25), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(27)
Level 26: Mental Training -- Run-I(A)
Level 28: Tactical Training: Leadership -- AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(A), AdjTrg-ToHit(43)
Level 30: Spin -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dam%(31), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Arm-Acc/Rchg(31), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(34)
Level 32: Eviscerate -- SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDmnofA-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 35: Web Envelope -- GrvAnc-Immob(A), GrvAnc-Immob/Rchg(36), GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg(36), GrvAnc-Acc/Rchg(36), GrvAnc-Immob/EndRdx(37)
Level 38: Aid Other -- Empty(A)
Level 41: Shatter Armor -- Hct-Acc/Rchg(A), Hct-Dmg(42), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(42), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(43), TchofDth-Dam%(50)
Level 44: Summon Blaster -- ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(45), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(45), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SlbAll-Build%(46), SlbAll-Dmg/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Aid Self -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(48), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(48), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(48), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(50), IntRdx-I(50)
Level 49: Field Medic -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Conditioning
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Prv-Heal(3), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(29), RgnTss-Regen+(34), Prv-Absorb%(37)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), EndMod-I(17), EndMod-I(29)
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon
Level 0: Born In Battle
Level 0: High Pain Threshold
Level 0: Invader
Level 0: Marshal
------------
------------

33 minutes ago, Microcosm said:

That's weird, weaken resolve ended up not helping my PB at all, so I guessed the loss of damage while executing it wasn't worthwhile in general. But I can also slot achilles procs elsewhere on a PB so maybe that's why.

Here's the widow build I was using.

Reveal hidden contents

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Arachnos Widow
Primary Power Set: Night Widow Training
Secondary Power Set: Widow Teamwork
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Medicine
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Poison Dart -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg(37), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(39), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(39)
Level 1: Combat Training: Defensive -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(3), Rct-ResDam%(5)
Level 2: Strike -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(A), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx(7), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), TchofDth-Dam%(46)
Level 4: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(5)
Level 6: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(7)
Level 8: Follow Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GldStr-%Dam(9), Mk'Bit-Dam%(9), TchofDth-Dam%(40), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Dmg-I(40)
Level 10: Indomitable Will -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(11)
Level 12: Lunge -- SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Dmg-I(13), Mk'Bit-Dam%(13), GldStr-%Dam(15), TchofDth-Dam%(15), Hct-Dam%(17)
Level 14: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 16: Tactical Training: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Slash -- SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(A), SprSpdBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), Dmg-I(19), Mk'Bit-Dam%(21), GldStr-%Dam(23), TchofDth-Dam%(27)
Level 20: Mask Presence -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(21)
Level 22: Foresight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(23)
Level 24: Mind Link -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(25), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(27)
Level 26: Mental Training -- Run-I(A)
Level 28: Tactical Training: Leadership -- AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(A), AdjTrg-ToHit(43)
Level 30: Spin -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dam%(31), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Arm-Acc/Rchg(31), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(34)
Level 32: Eviscerate -- SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDmnofA-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 35: Web Envelope -- GrvAnc-Immob(A), GrvAnc-Immob/Rchg(36), GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg(36), GrvAnc-Acc/Rchg(36), GrvAnc-Immob/EndRdx(37)
Level 38: Aid Other -- Empty(A)
Level 41: Shatter Armor -- Hct-Acc/Rchg(A), Hct-Dmg(42), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(42), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(43), TchofDth-Dam%(50)
Level 44: Summon Blaster -- ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(45), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(45), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SlbAll-Build%(46), SlbAll-Dmg/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Aid Self -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(48), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(48), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(48), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(50), IntRdx-I(50)
Level 49: Field Medic -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Conditioning
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Prv-Heal(3), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(29), RgnTss-Regen+(34), Prv-Absorb%(37)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), EndMod-I(17), EndMod-I(29)
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon
Level 0: Born In Battle
Level 0: High Pain Threshold
Level 0: Invader
Level 0: Marshal
------------
------------

ah ha, that's it. the proccing out of the attacks! i didn't think to do that for claws-type attacks but that combined with weaken resolve brought my a time to like 1:40-1:45. still not as great results as i'd like (mostly because i'd really like to get into the ridiculous ranges) but good enough for an alternate build i can switch to for AV mowing.

• Like 1

Absolutely love following this thread. I'm curious if we know the the best time for a ranged only build? Didn't notice any ranged only times that broke 2 minutes so far (other than those with regen debuffs of course).

Edited by Mikewho

3 hours ago, Mikewho said:

Absolutely love following this thread. I'm curious if we know the the best time for a ranged only build? Didn't notice any ranged only times that broke 2 minutes so far (other than those with regen debuffs of course).

In my signature there's a link to submitted Pylon Test Runs and there's a couple of Blaster submissions in there ~1:40-1:50ish on Fire/* but no for-sure that they were 100% ranged-only attacks. I did a run with Energy/Electric but it focused on two Melee attacks from the Secondary too at 2:14 for a time. There's at least... I want to say two Sentinel times in this thread in the last 10ish pages or so, which should be range-only, but they weren't >2:00 that I recall.

2 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

In my signature there's a link to submitted Pylon Test Runs and there's a couple of Blaster submissions in there ~1:40-1:50ish on Fire/* but no for-sure that they were 100% ranged-only attacks. I did a run with Energy/Electric but it focused on two Melee attacks from the Secondary too at 2:14 for a time. There's at least... I want to say two Sentinel times in this thread in the last 10ish pages or so, which should be range-only, but they weren't >2:00 that I recall.

I actually put my blaster as Fire/Ice/Cold in the text field of your form when it was Ice/Fire/Cold... #embarrassing #micromistake. It was not range only, for the record.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mikewho said:

The run I recently posted with my ill/rad was all range, but of course I used lingering radiation. However, I ran tests with combat analyzer to approximate how much effective dps was coming from lost regen (as explained a little in my post), and I calculated that my raw dps (before -regen) was approximately 454. This would have me destroying the pylon in about 117.5 seconds (so just under 2 minutes) with an otherwise identical run, if I did not use lingering radiation. (Also bearing in mind that this is quick enough I would still have assault hybrid toggled the entire time).

This, however, is still just under 2 minutes with good rng. I have a blaster who is not able to hit these numbers even (at least with the current build).

21 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

The other sub-2:00 Blaster was me, unless I missed one, and it wasn't ranged-only either.

19 hours ago, Elmyder said:

The run I recently posted with my ill/rad was all range, but of course I used lingering radiation. However, I ran tests with combat analyzer to approximate how much effective dps was coming from lost regen (as explained a little in my post), and I calculated that my raw dps (before -regen) was approximately 454. This would have me destroying the pylon in about 117.5 seconds (so just under 2 minutes) with an otherwise identical run, if I did not use lingering radiation. (Also bearing in mind that this is quick enough I would still have assault hybrid toggled the entire time).

This, however, is still just under 2 minutes with good rng. I have a blaster who is not able to hit these numbers even (at least with the current build).

Most post their assault off time in addition if they opt to use assault hybrid. 

PA is definitely melee, otherwise my demon/storm attacks from range too 🙂

edit: I think Nihili had a good fire/rad sentinel time posted with both ranged and melee variants.

Edited by Frosticus

so, here's an example of the post-patch tanker damage on a variant of myshkin's bio/ss build:

interestingly, testing the original string with regular punch and jab instead of cross punch drastically changes the results - it's actually slower in post-patch by 5-10s vs pre-patch results  if i do my pre-patch string with jab and punch. using a new build with cross punch and the cross punch string (without testing pre-patch), you can see the obvious drastic difference. this is definitely on the really lucky end with no major whiffs, and it usually dips in the 2m-2m25s range but it's still quite good.

to note this is running off the same caveat of starting with double-rage and having perfect rage timing on starting attacking, so major asterisks - the 2m marker is the hard line for the crash, and if the crash happens you outright lose 20s of damage. it's really not ideal.

i didn't record any vids of it because i need to test it a bit more, but an additional side effect of the loss of bruising is that assault radial hybrid seems to contribute significantly less - the best possible time boost i've gotten is 1m45s, which is a far cry from the 2m30s->2m gain pre-patch. i have a bit of a gut feeling that it's possible that many builds lost ST damage because of the T1 change (and not being able to leverage somethign like cross punch) and the indirect nerf to radial hybrid damage for tanks by removing bruising.

i'm still half and half on it, but yeah. i guess bio/ss made off pretty well with this patch.

i seriously thought about not posting this because i'm already wary of playing this char for 'real' due to my gut feeling that SS is going to get extremely nerfed when it's already a set that requires a lot of 'caveats' to achieve this kind of performance (and is pretty middling otherwise based on my own testing with a more 'standard' build) but for some reason i just can't resist shooting myself in the foot, i guess

Edited by Kanil
  • Like 1

You're looking at the effect a bit backwards. Radial creates the proc, which in the realm of when Bruising existed meant it could do more than it otherwise would. With the transition to a higher base value, Core is going to have more out right value. I tested Radial on a couple of builds and it consistently under performed compared to Core by a pretty significant amount. In a proc world Bruising was definitely a nicer touch as it allowed procs to leverage more potential, but the static performance of a "normal" build plan for Tankers is what got measured, and the change was an "even exchange" of performance in a ST scenario, where AoE (and realistic play) were massively improved.

When I tested Titan Weapons, as an example, I did it paired with Super Reflexes, so everything was purely what I could pack into TW itself. Running that set I could get 2:45 on a Pylon with Hybrid Assault Radial, but I was doing 3:00-3:15 without it, so it wasn't doing anything impressive. When I switched to Core I started flipping into the 2:00 mark, the damage bonus had a much more significant impact on that higher scale, and that's the experience I had across the board with all the sets.

That aside, yes Super Strength is going to be nerfed, 100%. Just a matter of how Soon(TM).

On 1/23/2020 at 1:41 AM, Frosticus said:

edit: I think Nihili had a good fire/rad sentinel time posted with both ranged and melee variants.

My fire/rad sentinel roughly hits ~300 DPS without melee and close to ~400 DPS with melee (hybrid on in both cases).

But! I also had a go at a fire/atomic/pyre blaster on Justin that could sometimes do 500+ DPS on a pure ranged attack chain (with hybrid active):

It feels like blasters have solid options for high ranged DPS. Using fast snipes and proccing a hold from the secondary. Then there's fun options like Electrified Net Arrow which becomes a decent attack thanks to procs and makes ranged DPS even more efficient in "real world" situations, keeping an AV immobilized for example.

Although pushing ranged DPS really high on a blaster can require severe survivability tradeoffs. Fine for those of us willing to use insps and/or amplifiers, but not as plug-and-play as your average pylon build otherwise.

Edited by nihilii
  • Like 1

Bio/Claws Tanker, running FU -> Slash -> Focus -> Strike
Offensive Adaptation
Musc T2, Degen T3, Assault T3 (hybrid active)
Heca proc + damage proc in FU
Apoc proc + damage proc in Focus
Achilles' Heel + damage proc in Slash

3:34 = 307 DPS

The new guy shreds +3/x8 riktis with such effortless grace, I had to throw him at a pylon even though he's not quite ready for prime time. No level shift, no ++ IOs leaving a ~20s Hasten gap, some missing sets in other powers, mild endurance issues...

Come to think of it, with double stacked Follow Up, Offensive Adaptation, Leadership Assault and Hybrid Assault I *could* go Cardiac instead of Musculature (a secondary goal was to avoid the usual Ageless build in favor of Barrier). Hmm.

Man, the tanker buff is nuts. At least paired with already-nuts Bio Armor.

Edited by nihilii
  • Thanks 1