Pylon Damage Thread

Project_X

10 minutes ago, Sovera said:

If you do decide to test let us know since more data is always welcome.

Yeahhhhh I did a lot of testing on the beta servers when Live was still a thing, did a lot of testing after too. And none of my stuff was theoreticals or spreadsheets. I did all my testing with actual incarnates kitted out. I'm not going gung ho about that stuff again. I've posted old times when I was doing extensive testing. Hell, I was getting pylon times in the 40s with TW/BIO (I only shared my sub 50s stuff). TW has been nerfed, so that is moot now,. And alot of my old times are moot since things have been nerfed. I see SS is still in a state of nerfed. That was a fun fiasco. The DPS is good there, I was getting mid 2s with SS/BIO/GL and low 2s with SS/FA/GL. But, rage got the nerf bat. Hard. So, unless that gets changed, that set is dead to me. Sadness. A SS/ElA/GL brute would be so good.

Hey Pylon testers,

You're allowed to post videos now...

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

16 hours ago, Sovera said:

After some testing Reactive seems to have no impact on regular play (more testing from different ATs required) and zero influence on an AV. The 75% chance for dot version does for maps however. Degenerative with 75% for DoT is a middle ground that shaves some time off maps while having a substantial impact on AVs.

The prevailing understanding of Degenerative and Reactive used to be that the dot couldn't proc at all unless the debuff portion proced first.  Has that changed?

On 3/27/2021 at 8:09 PM, Kanil said:

it's definitely likely it would be better to swap to moonbeam but i want ball lightning to have a second pbaoe/aoe for extremely fast AOEing (see: clear times in trapdoor).

GIS crit strikes is also important in live play because it lets you much more likely have crit strikes on command for crit frozen aura/ball lightning for AOE-melting - in a team/fast paced setting you can ignore it and just use faster attacks but if you're taking lead or taking care of crowds having that kind of firepower is really important.

realized i don't think i posted this char either so cranked out some times with them. there's a kind of.. 'meme' around DB stalker to where folks assume it has better firepower than DB scrapper because of the insanely high DPA string (AS-abs-ss-abs) combined with assassin's mark, but in my own playing of the chars (since db is one of my favs) i've never really 'felt' it - the burst damage is certainly significantly higher bc of AS but in AV busting it always felt a lot worse.

figured i'd put some numbers to it, and here's what i got:

db/bio/experimentation (adrenal booster) stalker

t4 core muscle,ageless,assault (off )t3 degen core

times:

avg: 1m37s

Hide contents

1m28s

1m38s

1m37s

1m39s

1m45s

1m35s

1m37s

1m38s

there's an interesting element to where it's much more stable than db/bio scrapper in terms of results (all within the 1m30-1m40ish range vs possibly ranging up to 2m) but i wanted to do a direct comparison, so ran some more scrapper testing too.

db/bio scrapper

t4 core muscle,ageless,assault (off )t3 degen core

times:

avg: 1m37s

Hide contents

1m35s

1m37s

1m42s

1m38s

1m34s

huh, what the fuck

well, it's a smaller sample because i've seen db/bio get sub1m and over 2m so lol

quoting myself bc since vids are unbanned i decided to record 1 attempt of each and they ended up with the exact same time on both stalker and scrapper, lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DarknessEternal said:

The prevailing understanding of Degenerative and Reactive used to be that the dot couldn't proc at all unless the debuff portion proced first.  Has that changed?

Several months ago there was a fix for this.

23 hours ago, America's Angel said:

Hey Pylon testers,

You're allowed to post videos now...

This is going to be really interesting, cause I know someone who has a vid of their fire/nin blaster with a sub minute time.

3 hours ago, SomeGuy said:

You mean the one we've known has been the best chain for DB since live?

Who is we?  I think he is referring to the attack chain used in the video that was posted.

11 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Probably. But I've not had a DB user at 50 since live. Ya kinnae expect me to remember things like that!

😘 I've been a wee bit obsessed with damage (the best CC is dead...well, other than mind control) since the first pylon thread on Live when a SS/FA/GL brute had the top melee DPS spot during the time reactive was bugged.  After the bug was fixed, DB/ElA scrapper took the spot, but for some reason no one ever talked about that. Claws/ElA was up there with it, but no one talked about that either for some reason.

DB is a really fun ginsu set for me. You get almost all the damage of pre-nerf TW, minus being rooted. Sadly, to get the most "performance" out of DB, you ignore the combo system. StJ fixes this somewhat.

9 hours ago, SomeGuy said:

😘 I've been a wee bit obsessed with damage (the best CC is dead...well, other than mind control) since the first pylon thread on Live when a SS/FA/GL brute had the top melee DPS spot during the time reactive was bugged.  After the bug was fixed, DB/ElA scrapper took the spot, but for some reason no one ever talked about that. Claws/ElA was up there with it, but no one talked about that either for some reason.

DB is a really fun ginsu set for me. You get almost all the damage of pre-nerf TW, minus being rooted. Sadly, to get the most "performance" out of DB, you ignore the combo system. StJ fixes this somewhat.

I confess I don't see what DB brings different to Claws. It's a Claws clone (or vice-versa) except having slower animations (sometimes substantially) and lower damage (according to Mids). So I keep looking at it and then never make one.

5 hours ago, Sovera said:

I confess I don't see what DB brings different to Claws. It's a Claws clone (or vice-versa) except having slower animations (sometimes substantially) and lower damage (according to Mids). So I keep looking at it and then never make one.

Well, the best chain for DB is BF-AS-SS-AS. It's a fast chain. Really fast. And the best chain for Claws is FU-SLASH-FOCUS. You get a lot of the same benefits between db/claws, but with DB you can slot another -res in the set due to sweeping strike. It adds up. And sweeping strike hits hard as hell. Also, swords look cool. Or double chainsaws. Or axes.

Edited by SomeGuy
cause
  • Like 4

On 5/16/2021 at 10:27 AM, SomeGuy said:

And sweeping strike hits hard as hell.

I really love it on tankers since it hits 10 and has an expanded cone size.  Feels like a faster version of crowd control.  It hits as hard as a good single target power and the extra aoe damage you pick up from it during your ST rotation is nice.  The difference is subtle but I love playing both.

Claws/Inv Scrapper - for something that did really quite well in trapdoor runs and general mission clearing the pylon times i found were really surprisingly poor. I even compared to many other stalker sets in terms of dps and claws is below some of the notable kings (em, stj, ice, dbs) but other than that claws is above plenty or super comparable to other options in terms of ST dps.  
Over quite a few runs I was only getting sub 3m times, yeesh. And with how button mashy it is to pylon test with this stalker it is by all means waaayyyy tooo muucchh work for not enough payoff. My fingers hurt. The slowest attack in the chain is 1.33s....

Something that's been on my mind: I tried looking for some scrapper claws/bio cousin times in this thread but I didn't see any. What kinda numbers are claws/bio scrappers putting up on pylons?

Edited by Ratch_
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ratch_ said:

What kinda numbers are claws/bio scrappers putting up on pylons?

I sit around 1:45 with mine on a good day compared to 3 mins with the claws/sr. Bio adds a ton of damage.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba
  • Thanks 1

On 5/18/2021 at 11:29 PM, Bill Z Bubba said:

I sit around 1:45 with mine on a good day compared to 3 mins with the claws/sr. Bio adds a ton of damage.

I'm getting around this with my claws/bio/ma, so yeah. Can confirm. I was getting in the 1:20s before the moonbeam nerf, It was pretty signifigant.

31 minutes ago, SomeGuy said:

I'm getting around this with my claws/bio/ma, so yeah. Can confirm. I was getting in the 1:20s before the moonbeam nerf, It was pretty signifigant.

When did they nerf moonbeam?  It's been the same for me since homecoming has launched.

On 5/18/2021 at 10:01 PM, Ratch_ said:

Claws/Inv Scrapper - for something that did really quite well in trapdoor runs and general mission clearing the pylon times i found were really surprisingly poor. I even compared to many other stalker sets in terms of dps and claws is below some of the notable kings (em, stj, ice, dbs) but other than that claws is above plenty or super comparable to other options in terms of ST dps.  
Over quite a few runs I was only getting sub 3m times, yeesh. And with how button mashy it is to pylon test with this stalker it is by all means waaayyyy tooo muucchh work for not enough payoff. My fingers hurt. The slowest attack in the chain is 1.33s....

Something that's been on my mind: I tried looking for some scrapper claws/bio cousin times in this thread but I didn't see any. What kinda numbers are claws/bio scrappers putting up on pylons?

2:50 for x/inv seems really good TBH.

I'm tempted to put together a top times list for pylon runs. Sadly, going through 47 pages of posts is...not motivating. And for the list to be seen it would need it's own thread considering I don't think the OP for this one is really active.

Edited by SomeGuy
things
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, SomeGuy said:

I'm tempted to put together a top times list for pylon runs. Sadly, going through 47 pages of posts is...not motivating. And for the list to be seen it would need it's own thread considering I don't think the OP for this one is really active.

This 100%. Maybe a few other members here could pitch in for the community effort and just divide the pages up to make it less of a burden for a single individual. It would be nice to have a video for each run as well

On 5/6/2021 at 11:01 PM, Ratch_ said:

Got really curious about Crit strikes locations in EM and there was some curiosity from others in the discord for me to run some tests and check the pylon time differences between crit strikes in ET or BS. Unsure of how to build a string for TF crit strikes but I think we can just reference nihilli's post for that.

All these runs used t4 musc core, t4 degen radial, t4 ageless core, t4 assault radial hybrid (off). 15 runs with each build.

(EM/BIO/SOUL)

> Recorded Time || Time in seconds

Crit Strikes in ET

Reveal hidden contents

1m14    74
1m33    93
1m33    93
1m26    86
1m14    74
1m09    69
1m13    73
1m22    82
1m23    83
1m16    76
1m22    82
1m24    84
1m25    85
1m19    79
1m20    80

Avg: 1m20-1m21    80.8

Crit Strikes in BS

Reveal hidden contents

1m21    81
1m30    90
1m13    73
1m28    88
1m29    89
1m13    73
1m24    84
1m08    68
1m19    79
1m32    92
1m28    88
1m20    80
1m31    91
1m15    75
1m23    83

Avg: 1m22-1m23  82.6

The overall conclusion I'm drawing is that EM is badass and does some pretty absurd amounts of damage....

Note: if I ended up converting the mm:ss format incorrectly anywhere, please let me know and i can update the averages accordingly.

Also, thanks @Monos King for hanging out with me! haha 🙂

Now that videos are enabled I decided to go back and hit a couple pylons.

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't know if I've seen anyone post a TW/BIO scrapper pylon time video post nerf, so here's what I got on a good run. Wouldn't say it's as fast as EM despite this time being close to the video I posted of EM, however new TW still has very excellent ST dps. Shout out to Kanil for helping me out with the string, slow RAs were key to getting faster times.

Edit: I think i can get a faster time with CB proc'd out rotation. Gonna gather a build up and run it tonight.

Edited by Ratch_

On 5/25/2021 at 12:22 PM, Ratch_ said:

Don't know if I've seen anyone post a TW/BIO scrapper pylon time video post nerf, so here's what I got on a good run. Wouldn't say it's as fast as EM despite this time being close to the video I posted of EM, however new TW still has very excellent ST dps. Shout out to Kanil for helping me out with the string, slow RAs were key to getting faster times.

Edit: I think i can get a faster time with CB proc'd out rotation. Gonna gather a build up and run it tonight.

Thanks for this. I've been really curious about TW these days in it's current state. I just spent the last...damn, decade, doing TW I don't see myself doing it again.

• Like 1