Pylon Damage Thread

Project_X

On 8/23/2021 at 11:08 PM, SomeGuy said:

Ice Melee/Bio Armor/Moonbeam Scrapper

Average of 1:35 across a lot of runs. Same as my TW/BIO/MA's average now.

Crazy streaky for some reason. I've almost come to expect Freezing Touch to miss.

I just got a 1:07 and a 1:54. WTF.

Whats your ice melee chain for attacks

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

On 6/29/2021 at 3:04 AM, SomeGuy said:

Man, when they changed Clobber and gave it it's crazy DPA, I made a WM/SD that day. It's an underrated set and just FEELS good. And Shatter is sooooooo satisfying. The set just feels CHONKY.

Got some time with it more. Now averaging 1:27, or 87s.

You got a build to share for that wm/SD scrapper please?

Edited by Elia87

2 hours ago, hejtmane said:

Whats your ice melee chain for attacks

GiS-FT-MB-GiS-FT-IS

I couldn't make FA work like the OP could, and he averaged 1:36. That could, and most likely, is just because of RNG. So I definitely wish I could have made FA work, but holy cow I was going OOM with that chain so fast. If I cheesed it and used a Recovery Serum before each run, yeah I'm sure it would work. ATO2 proc in GiS.

Edited by SomeGuy

• 2 weeks later

Mmmmm Papi (Kanil) worked with me on my rad/bio/mb scrapper. Had some interesting results to say the least. Did some VERY different things then what I would normally do with a build, but it worked.

Scrapper     RM/BIO/MB            1:35 (post nerf) (proc build, has to use recovery serum)

This build is an end hog amongst end hogs. OMG. It only has around 30% s/l def, but it can survive a pylon fine. I turn off maneuvers at the first ageless recovery dip, then turn off weave on the second recovery dip.

So, a pretty dramatic drop in averages then what I was doing before. That's an understatement.

Well this made me LOL.

This guy is T3 agility, t3 reactive. and t4 ageless.

Brute     EM/FA/Soul     2:01

I had two runs under two minutes. And RNG isn't a thing that really hits a brute hard. So, with practice and a reactive upgrade I know that time is going to get noticeably lower.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, SomeGuy said:

Got T4 reactive.

Brute    EM/FA/Soul     1:52 Average

I know Degen is better on pylons, but once stuff starts gearing up past standard AV HP it doesn't scale as well. So, I just do reactive.

Reactive doesn't do much either on normal enemies. The DoT is what actually makes the difference, but not a large one. Degenerative 75% chance for DoT closes the gap a bit but still works on AVs/pylons/GMs where Reactive falls flat. It's not a huge difference either way though.

Here some info from my DP/SR Sentinel.  I used the Attack Chain:  Executioner's Shot >> Suppressive Fire >> Dual Wield.   I like the defensive opportunity because of the heal and the endurance replenish.

I'm still working on incarnates.  Here is what I had slotted.

T4 Musculature Core Paragon

T2 Ageless

T2 Reactive Radial

T1 Assault Genome (not clicked)

4:45.89  https://www.carnifax.org/?uuid=e960984d-6c95-470b-b5fe-7cafbb8feb90

4:45.21 I didn't chat log that one 😞

• Like 2

So far I've been sticking with the following on any character with which I do pylon runs.

T4 Assault - Core for scrappers/blasters/stalkers/sents, Radial for the rest. I always click this to start my runs.

T4 Degen Core for the -HP.

T4 Musc Core.

I was made to realize I wasn't tracking average pylon times on my spreadsheet so I'm attempting to get that updated. So far:

BZB Scrap still sits right around the 3min mark, as does my fire/time blaster, who obviously needs some ST chain analysis. Surely, she can do better than that.

BZB Brute hovers around 4mins, with BZB Tank at around 4.5mins.

Shield/NRG tank can get as low as 3mins if I saturate AAO with monkeys, but pretty sure sits around 3.5mins usually. Added amps to test the ITF the other day and can't retest until they burn out.

Best times for me so far have come from my claws/bio scrapper who is currently hovering around 1.75 but could probably be better if I included eviscerate... which I just can't make myself do. Don't currently have an em/bio scrap on live but the one I tested on beta sat around 1.5.

All this leads to a question:

If I'm solo and never hitting the damage cap, is there ever a good reason to choose assault radial over core? Does the old rule of AT Dam Mod < 1 go radial still hold true or should I be running core on AT Dam Mod > .9 or some other value? Or is it all just test at see at this point?

Edited by Bill Z Bubba

If you're not using -res procs then 4 minutes is my average on a Fire Armor + Claws/MA/Ice. It completely skews things if a set can use both -res since it shaves a full minute off making it seem much better. S'up to you if you feel -res procs are worth using or not though since they don't seem to make a large difference on other stuff than pylons.

The Assault question has come often and the general rule of thumb remains +damage for solo since more bang, and double hit for team play in case of Kin with mythical damage capping. On a Tanker and on a pylon I noticed no difference either after multiple tests. I'm willing to bet a dime I wouldn't notice a difference even with a Kin in the party since my experience is poor Kins struggling to reach a group and hit FS before it has been reduced to a red mist.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Best times for me so far have come from my claws/bio scrapper who is currently hovering around 1.75 but could probably be better if I included eviscerate... which I just can't make myself do.

I can totally help you get that time down if you want. My claws/bio averages 1:35 using the FU-Snipe-FOCUS-FU-SLASH-FOCUS repeat chain. Eviscerate would absolutely be a DPS loss, so no hair off your back thinking you'd have to do something you don't want to get the time lower. 😄

And I'm like you, I just stick with certain incarnate stuff across the board based off of AT. Keeps it easier this way when you're making a ton of characters. 🙂

1 hour ago, SomeGuy said:

I can totally help you get that time down if you want. My claws/bio averages 1:35 using the FU-Snipe-FOCUS-FU-SLASH-FOCUS repeat chain. Eviscerate would absolutely be a DPS loss, so no hair off your back thinking you'd have to do something you don't want to get the time lower. 😄

And I'm like you, I just stick with certain incarnate stuff across the board based off of AT. Keeps it easier this way when you're making a ton of characters. 🙂

Thanks, but the snipes are right out for me. I know everyone says that there's no change in overall animation time with the no redraw option but it's still too jarring for me to go between weapons and non-weapon attacks. Edit: And I've never bought the line that chain times don't increase when redraw is a factor.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba

8 hours ago, SmalltalkJava said:

how do you actually calculate DPS pylon kill?

First post has math, but tbh for the rest of us we just look at the times so we know a 1:30 build is better than a 3 minute build.

Did some more testing after discussions with @BillyMailman and seems that the old rule still stands. For best results with pylons, go assault radial when AT Dam Mod < 1. Definitely noticeable on the claws/sr brute.

Side note 1: It gives me a warm fuzzy seeing this thread at 50 pages.

Side note 2: I've been tasked to find the ultimate claws attack chain. I, of course, always wanted it to be a nice, cleanly slotted followup, focus, slash, repeat, but as things go, that's not how the game is geared now. I'll add it to the thread should I get it figured out. I've no doubt that gloom/moonbeam will be in play, sadly.

Edit: And I just talked myself out of it. My claws/bio scrapper still sits around 1.5-1.75mins with the standard fu/focus/slash/repeat, so fark it! 🙂

Edited by Bill Z Bubba
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Sovera said:

First post has math, but tbh for the rest of us we just look at the times so we know a 1:30 build is better than a 3 minute build.

This. I don't really care about the math at this point any more. I just know I use the times as a metric to compare builds to each other.

@Bill Z Bubba Yeah, if you aren't doing MB/GL that's the way to go. If you do throw them in, then obviously it changes things. You just replace Slash with MB/GL every other rotation. But the ole tried and true FU SL FOC is a classic that you can't ever go wrong with.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I've been tasked to find the ultimate claws attack chain.

It really hurts my brain thinking of all the possibilities once you add procs and gloom/moonbeam and even shockwave (if you have essentially infinite endurance).  With moonbeam I've tried something like FU>Focus>SW>MB>FU>Focus>SW>Slash (depending on FF procs in focus/SW for gapless) and gotten some of my lowest pylon times.  I definitely think that could be improved on.  The chain is a bit long and lags on hitting MB.  Maybe a combination using the traditional chain (FU>Focus>Slash) but alternating slash or focus with MB.  Something like FU>Slash>MB>FU>Slash>Focus

The possibilities with gloom seem a lot easier since it's recharge syncs up with follow up nicely.  I like FU>Gloom>Focus>Slash on my claws tanker.  Easy to get gapless even with full proc slotting.

Edited by Pzn
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/15/2021 at 6:35 PM, SomeGuy said:

I updated some of my times and got around to recording some I hadn't yet. Still not motivated to re-learn TW again, but farting around with it I was still getting in the mid 1 minute range.

Pylon Times and Personal Rankings (All my own builds/characters. No lore/hybrid/temps used. These are the average of 10+ runs.)

Scrapper     EM/BIO/MB            1:23 (post nerf)
Scrapper     DB/BIO/MB            1:25 (post nerf) 1:21 (pre-nerf)
Scrapper     WM/BIO/MB          1:31 (post nerf)
Scrapper     CLAWS/BIO/MB      1:32 (post nerf) 1:26 (pre-nerf)

Scrapper     TW/BIO/MA            1:35 (post nerf) 0:52 (pre-nerf)

Scrapper     DM/BIO/MB           1:59 (post nerf) 1:54 (pre-nerf)

DM/BIO/MB is frustrating to get times for. Destiny and Hasten both want to refresh around the time the pylon is about to drop. If I was Soul Drain scumming I KNOW that time would be a LOT lower. Napkin math says around 1:35. Kind of tempted to do a few runs and see.

I did do a KAT/ELA/MA a few years ago. I am really positive as KAT/BIO/MB it would get some smoking speed.

Scrapper     Kat/Ele/MA           2:27 (SD-GD-SotW)

I've gotten a lot better at maximizing DPS rotations between now and the prior times. If I was as efficient then, as I am now, the difference in times would be larger.

These times are incredible! Can you post your WM/BIO/MB build? I've been struggling to decide between Kaeladin's build and Constantine's. Kaeladin doesn't take whirling mace which I just don't understand. I guess his build is just for single target and pylons but it seems like a power you wouldn't want to skip for an all around build.

4 minutes ago, parallelbars said:

These times are incredible! Can you post your WM/BIO/MB build? I've been struggling to decide between Kaeladin's build and Constantine's. Kaeladin doesn't take whirling mace which I just don't understand. I guess his build is just for single target and pylons but it seems like a power you wouldn't want to skip for an all around build.

Sent you mine. It still takes Whirling Mace. And I usually skip Crowd Control, but it fit so I took it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Ice/Cold/Mace     Corruptor     1:53

I always felt sloppy doing these runs, I really feel like this time could be a lot lower. I'm definitely not as experienced with ranged as I am with melee.

For fun, I did two runs with T4 BP Lore and T4 Support running. :28 and :36. Freaking lol. -RES is pretty cool.

• Like 1