Pylon Damage Thread

Project_X

On 11/9/2022 at 1:49 PM, Sir Myshkin said:

Where did you stick the crit proc, and if you did, how proc'd out did you go on the attacks?

I put the Crit Strikes proc in Incinerate, and I'm fairly (damage) procced out:

- 3 in Incinerate
- 4 in Fire Sword and Cremate
- 2 (incl. purple) in Apocalypse
- 3 (incl. purple) in GFS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Gobbledegook said:

Behind I think Fury affects the dots, but they don't crit for Scrappers?

"Cancel on Miss" bonus DoTs (like the ones that Savage gets, etc) are not included in Crits, no.  But in powers that are all DoT, the crit value should be the sum total of the DoTs (the T1 or T2 Savage that is 2 ticks of damage used to only crit for half value, but that was fixed a page or two ago, for example) unless the power is written to not crit for 100%.  CoD would be the place to look.

I *think* Brimstone might be an exception - if it crits it gets the sum total, even if a subsequent tic misses from the 3-tic group that triggered the crit.  Heavy emphasis on think.  Scrapper Stone Armor Beta was a while ago at this point, and I've not played the set since.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

On 11/9/2022 at 10:34 AM, Ston said:

It's more reliable in GFS

That's exactly the reason why I have it in GFS. Yeah, the potential burst might not be as high, but I come from a "consistency" mindset with DPS. If this were PVP though...

I'm sure you saw what I was averaging. I was getting more than a few runs under a minute without hybrid on. That wasn't the average. If it was I woulda definitely been "whoah, this needs to be scaled back". I never did runs with Hybrid active, but I assume there is no way it's not crazy.

• Like 1

Level 45 Axe/Ninja
08:36 = 202 DPS
Cleave -> Swoop -> Gash -> Chop
5-slotted attacks with Crushing Impact and Multistrike, except a full Critical Strikes in Cleave. Enough global recharge (LOTGs etc.) to make the Hasten downtime minimal. Gaussian in BU

All 3 Amplifiers active

Something slightly different today, obviously. I've been having fun running this scrapper through leveling normally. /nin is top notch for basic sustainability on the "budget" of limited slots and incarnate, with softcap + heal + end. I leveled soloing the Freedom Phalanx TFs (which is enough to take you from level 15 to level 45, if you run them on x8), and before I tackle Maria I was curious to see where my DPS stands.

Interesting results - out of pure feel, I was expecting to see maybe 150-160 DPS. Some AVs have been a struggle. That's likely because up to 50% lethal resistance is surprisingly common...

I haven't even opened Mids for this character yet. Starting to think I can get away with it for a while still. Slotting purple sets and getting the superior versions of scrapper sets ought to bump this a notch, likewise with Musculature, Degen and Hybrid. 250ish DPS and a level shift ought to do it to take on 50% resistance level 50 AVs (not to mention tricksters like Diabolique) without wanting to pull my hair in frustration.

Edited by nihilii
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later

I know we have individual pylon times, but has a scrapper tried to solo ALL of the pylons before? I know there is a time limit on respawn, but what amount of DPS would be required to solo the entire raid, and get the shield lowered by yourself?

Just curious.

2 hours ago, Arbegla said:

I know we have individual pylon times, but has a scrapper tried to solo ALL of the pylons before? I know there is a time limit on respawn, but what amount of DPS would be required to solo the entire raid, and get the shield lowered by yourself?

Just curious.

Yeah like Black_Assassin said, it’s been done by a couple Crabberminds. 

I also know it’s been done by a couple Illusion controllers. I believe Ill/Cold and Ill/Therm.

Im not sure a Scrapper would be able to accomplish it due to their dependence on Hybrid and Ageless for top DPS chains, but would be a fun challenge! 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Ston said:

Yeah like Black_Assassin said, it’s been done by a couple Crabberminds. 

I also know it’s been done by a couple Illusion controllers. I believe Ill/Cold and Ill/Therm.

Im not sure a Scrapper would be able to accomplish it due to their dependence on Hybrid and Ageless for top DPS chains, but would be a fun challenge! 

I reckon Ill/Storm could put up a fight too. Im sure i have seen 600+ numbers from them on this thread 

@Black Assassin - Torchbearer

On 12/14/2022 at 10:39 AM, Arbegla said:

Just curious.

I've done it multiple times on multiple characters, scrappers and other ATs. A few people here have. There are a few people that haven't tried that definitely could based on what I've seen.

Edited by SomeGuy

Never actually tried it purposefully, but frequently I take out over half of them when I'm testing, and that's with pauses in between tests for recharge, making notes, and so forth.  I would say a duo would be doable.   I know raids have been done with 4.  I don't think you can do the actual raid with less than 2 due to the placing of the bombs/grates things?

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

Following Pylon Protocols, my Rad/SS Tanker* can get down to the last 2 Pylons solo. If I chomped a large red each Pylon then I'd definitely gank the shield, so doing it solo is 100% possible. A couple of years ago a small sub-8-man squad ran the whole 30 minute shindig here on Homecoming as well, so it doesn't take much just focused survivability. I don't think someone's necessarily going to pull off going into the bowl for 30 minutes alone with all the extended Mag Mez going on to one target, but toss a few extras in there for some clarion and barrier, sure, 4-5 full Incarnates could knock it out I'm certain.

Edited by Sir Myshkin
*Clarify AT

Didn't expect it to break numbers or anything, just tested due to a comment on Discord and I happened to have a Water/SR Sent

4m40s - 4m50s DPS Time 260-264 DPS

Assault Hybrid (Passive Only) - Degenerative Core - Musculature Radial

Water Jet > Dehydrate > Hydro Blast > Repeat - Throwing in a Knockout Blow when it was recharged.

• Like 2

Never heard of anyone soloing the MS but i do remember a couple corrs duo'ing it regularly on defiant way back when. Fire/cold and an ice/kin corrs. I remember @River running the fire/cold but i forget who the other player was (i want to say @Linea but my memory is terrible and it was so long ago it may just have been a global that started with L)

• 2 weeks later

Sonic/Ninja/Mu Blaster

T4 Musc Radial Alpha, T4 Reactive Radial Interface, T4 Assault Radial Hybrid (Passive only, time dropped about 20-30 seconds with it active depending on RNG)

1:24

1:21

1:19

The build is far from optimized, if someone with a bigger brain put any thought into this combination I think it could break 1 minute.

Edited by No Clucks Given
  • Like 1

On 1/2/2023 at 6:53 PM, No Clucks Given said:

Sonic/Ninja/Mu Blaster

T4 Musc Radial Alpha, T4 Reactive Radial Interface, T4 Assault Radial Hybrid (Passive only, time dropped about 20-30 seconds with it active depending on RNG)

1:24

1:21

1:19

The build is far from optimized, if someone with a bigger brain put any thought into this combination I think it could break 1 minute.

Curoious how you stayed alive ... my blasters usually can't stay alive vs a few unlucky hits.  Can you share build?

Edited by brasilgringo

16 minutes ago, brasilgringo said:

Curious how you stayed alive ... my blasters usually can't stay alive vs a few unlucky hits.  Can you share build?

You'll find quite a few Blasters buried within this thread who've tackled this challenge. Biggest straight forward threat from the Pylon is getting Energy Defense or AoE to ward off its hits, even just a marginal portion can be surprisingly helpful when you don't have to stand there very long.

• 1 month later
2 minutes ago, BrandX said:

WHat's the power in the 4th slot?

Looks like Choking Powder from Ninja Training.  Also looks like it is doing a lot more damage (53/tic!) than I thought it actually did.

Love that attack chain @Signalrunner, Blaze, Snipe, GD, and CP.  I would never have thought to use CP like that.  Well done.

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

@BrandX @InvaderStych

Yeah, Choking Powder is holding 5 dmg procs in the Hybrid on video- each with 90% chance to proc. 466 worth of damage before the pylon's resists with a 1.07s cast time. It's definitely one of the main draws of Blaster /Ninja.

I was making tweaks between videos so I'm running different attack chains in both:

Hybrid off chain: GD-CP-Blaze-Snipe-Fireball-Blaze (decimation build up proc in choking powder at 28% proc rate). I had a couple runs at 1:01 and 1:02 with this set up with Hybrid on.

Hybrid on chain: GD-Blaze-Snipe-Fireball-Blaze-CP (decimation build up proc in snipe at 22% proc rate- didn't go off at all in the video). I feel like this one could breach 60s if the RNG gods are favorable but I haven't put in enough runs yet.