Small Suggestion: Buff Flurry

Although it does a decent amount of total damage, Its damage per activation time is by far the worst out of all power pool choices.

For comparison, on my dominator, Jump Kick/Air Superiority have a DPAT of 23.19.

Arcane Bolt: 22.5

Flurry? 12.96

Most power pool attacks could use another look at for possibly buffing as filler attacks for characters, a la the Fighting tree, but at the very least, this is a long-standing oversight.

• Like 1

Honestly?  The best buff that could be done to Flurry would be to give it the Hail of Bullets (ala Dual Pistols) treatment.  Specifically, the power activation itself is piddly/minimal, but then there's a mandatory animation DURATION that has to play following that token activation.  The way it winds up working with Hail of Bullets is that after the 0.132s activation, the 5s duration animation of the power plays out ... but during that 5s of duration (not animation, duration, game mechanically speaking) the Hail of Bullets power has already begun recharging.

Of course, if you gave Flurry the "Hail of Bullets treatment" like that, you'd give the power a 0.132s activation and a 3.3s duration ... meaning that even without any recharge buffing at all you'd be able to perma-chain flurry repeatedly (because the 3s recharge time would complete before the end of the power's 3.3s duration finished) ... which would be weird, but not entirely unexpected given that Flurry is the Tier 1 power of the Speed pool ... so ... thematically appropriate?

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

One of my first characters back in the day was a mind/emp (it was May of 04 and I really didn't know any better) controller. Flurry was his main source of damage. I think I actually confused it with Shadow Maul or some other attack that uses the same animation but does real damage.

I don't think I ever got him over level 20. Did I mention he was a mind/empathy controller? Before containment?

Arcane bolt is definitely better. Flurry needs a buff.

• Like 1

I'd say even with the Hail of Bullets treatment, it still needs a damage buff, as the DPS of just continuously chaining Flurry would still be trash. Maybe a slight damage buff and then (To continue with the Hail of Bullets treatment) have it give you a slight Defense buff when you use it, like a parry?

That's thematic for Speed after all.

• Like 2

On 8/22/2019 at 12:55 PM, quixoteprog said:

I would suggest leaving the damage as is, and just have it be an AoE affecting up to three opponents in your forward facing arc. That would be both thematic as well as explain the long animation time. I mean, you are using super speed after all.

Having it be a cone like Shadow Maul is probably best.

Either that or just doubling the damage.

• Like 1

Let it do knockdown / knockback so you can slot the +recharge proc - as well as the "hail of bullets" buff.

It's an indirect buff to all your powers and still kinda thematic with the speed increase & resulting tradeoff with increased endurance issues...