Patch Notes for August 22nd, 2019

Leandro

35 minutes ago, GM Capocollo said:

Make sure you're using the correct manifest: http://patch.savecoh.com/manifest.xml

confirmed I am using this manifest and not being given these options.  on Win10, not MAC

never mind, total user error.  blaming lack of coffee.  for some reason, I was expecting to be "asked" which version to use.  seeing the options at the top left of the login screen, duh 😏

Edited by kendo339

Hi, my Mac is old (version 10.11.16) but I tried to install Homebrew (just in case...), indeed it did not work.

I can play now only with the Homecoming safe mode and I really hope you will be able to find a solution. Thanks for the help (and the good work)

20 minutes ago, Cyrickain13 said:

Awesome was abke to homecoming and HC Beta safe working all other modes still gettimg OpenGL errors on.

Tried the shim fix on install guide. Let me know if I need to do anyhting else

Is there a fix for this?

I was using the shim previously, stopped working after patch update, about to sift through all these pages but if someone could help me id greatly appreciate it.

Edited by Joshizfly
second line

12 minutes ago, Joshizfly said:

Is there a fix for this?

I was using the shim previously, stopped working after patch update, about to sift through all these pages but if someone could help me id greatly appreciate it.

Joshizfly,

Once I re-did the shim I was able to Get the first homecoming one and the HC Beta Safe one working. I thought I had lost all my characters lol.

Island Rum updated fine, 64-bit client option was a bit greyed out. After reading the post here I installed Wine with Homebrew and started up Island Rum again.

Worked just fine now with the 64-bit client. Tested on both my Macbook Pro laptops (2018 and 2013 models) which runs Mojave and it worked great!

No problems so far.

Thank you very much for this update!

4 minutes ago, Sente4711 said:

Island Rum updated fine, 64-bit client option was a bit greyed out. After reading the post here I installed Wine with Homebrew and started up Island Rum again.

Worked just fine now with the 64-bit client. Tested on both my Macbook Pro laptops (2018 and 2013 models) which runs Mojave and it worked great!

No problems so far.

Thank you very much for this update!

This is hopeful. I’ve done all of the above but when I try to launch the game from Island Rum (also a MBP running Mojave), IR just quits and doesn’t load CoH. Not sure what I’ve missed. 

Edited by Firetrap

• City Council
51 minutes ago, parabola said:

I don't seem to be able to use my right shift key as a modifier in the keybinding anymore? I use the numpad keys 0-9 bound to tray 1 and rshift+numpad keys bound to tray 2. Please tell me this isn't permanent?

We will look into this. Please use the Safe Mode client for now until we can work on this more.

Any chance the Roleplayer tag color could be brightened or lightened up some?  That purple shade is a bit dark and hard to read at times, something a little lighter or closer to a pastel would be more eye-friendly and pop better against the game's environments.

18 minutes ago, Telephone said:

We will look into this. Please use the Safe Mode client for now until we can work on this more.

Thanks. I'll give that a go. I've used the same control layout forever, the idea of changing brings me out in a cold sweat!

21 minutes ago, Telephone said:

Same for me -- I use RSHIFT for Sprint/Super Speed.  No longer recognised in either 64- or 32-bit versions.

So, with the new client ... is it a different install?  Do I just pick  the (64 Bit) line before pressing Play, or is there anything else I need to do to make sure I'm using that, and not the old 32-bit client?

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

Just now, PaxArcana said:

So, with the new client ... is it a different install?  Do I just pick  the (64 Bit) line before pressing Play, or is there anything else I need to do to make sure I'm using that, and not the old 32-bit client?

Nope, just pick it.  Unless your computer is super old and not running 64-bit Windows. 😉

• Thanks 1

Win10 Pro, so, yeah.  64bit OS here.  🙂  Thanks, Korbian!

• Like 1

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism