Patch Notes for August 22nd, 2019

Leandro

• 2 weeks later

1. Update to Catalina!

2. Open Finder, go to Applications, create CoH folder

3. Open System Preferences, go to Security and Privacy, whenever you get an alert that says you can't do something toggle back to this and tell the computer its ok.

4. Download 'Island Rum' https://telstar.eekstudio.com/islandrum-mac.zip this is the current version as of now.

5. Follow any directions it gives you!

I did this, but still had the issue where  a green check mark appeared but the game did not start. Updated XQuartz and logged out / logged back in (as required for XQuartz), then it worked.

• 3 weeks later

I have used the links as given in the instructions however my island rum keeps downloading the 4xxxx version and not the 8xxxx one. Is there something I am missing? I'm semi computer literate but not stellar at this stuff by any means. I've installed and uninstalled and reinstalled as well. I've run the homebrew from terminal and run the install wine-stable also. When the island rum was downloading files i was getting several file download error messages. Sorry if im not explaining the situation clearly. 

1 hour ago, Colonel_Pinky said:

I have used the links as given in the instructions however my island rum keeps downloading the 4xxxx version and not the 8xxxx one. Is there something I am missing? I'm semi computer literate but not stellar at this stuff by any means. I've installed and uninstalled and reinstalled as well. I've run the homebrew from terminal and run the install wine-stable also. When the island rum was downloading files i was getting several file download error messages. Sorry if im not explaining the situation clearly. 

You'd be better off posting in the Help & Support section, as those who know how to help are far more likely to see this in that forum than in a very old patch note thread.

• 1 month later
On 8/22/2019 at 9:52 AM, Manga said:

1.  Your Island Rum should update automatically to version 082220191.  If it doesn't, download it here: http://telstar.eekstudio.com/islandrum-mac.zip

2.  The preferred new way to load the 64-bit client is to install Homebrew and Wine.  Follow the instructions at http://brew.sh first, and after Homebrew installs, run "brew install wine" in Terminal. After that, Island Rum should move all of your CoH files to Applications - if it fails to do so, you can right-click on your old Wineskin client, select Show Contents, and find your CoH files in drive_c/Program Files/coh.  The auto-copy is not supported for the Cider client, so you will have to move those manually (they should be in Contents/Resources/transgaming/drive_c/coh).

I keep running into errors having followed these well. Looking for extra help, please. When I install the client in Step 1, I get Catalina Version 040520202, not 082220191. I have tried multiple times and even from a few different admin posts, to no avail.  

Edited by FeenixPhyre

5 hours ago, FeenixPhyre said:

I keep running into errors having followed these well. Looking for extra help, please. When I install the client in Step 1, I get Catalina Version 040520202, not 082220191. I have tried multiple times and even from a few different admin posts, to no avail.  

You're likely to find more help in the Help & Suggestions forum:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/forum/12-help-amp-support/

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

• 3 weeks later
  • 5 weeks later
1 minute ago, Jayjays said:

Can you use STEAM to run this? I can't get any of the options to work! 

No, this is a private server, not a published title... even if HC could get it to run on steam, Valve would not legally be allowed to accept the product

Edited by BasherBot
  • Like 1

• Game Master
18 hours ago, BasherBot said:

No, this is a private server, not a published title... even if HC could get it to run on steam, Valve would not legally be allowed to accept the product

This.  Homecoming is not available through Steam, GOG, or any other Game Distributor.

• Like 2

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.

• 3 weeks later

Hey, so, I have Island Rum installed on here with the game downloaded I think, and after getting some help from my tech-savvy brother and getting everything done with Homebrew I finally got Wine v5 working in the Terminal, but the game still won't open.  Am I supposed to get the file for City of Heroes: homecoming into Wine's applications folder somehow or is there something else I'm missing?

• 3 weeks later

i had yosemite and was able to play just fine.

yesterday i downloaded catalina and updated my mac.

now i can't play. i click on the play icon, and it does nothing. is there something i need to do?  I'm really a very very lay person when it comes to computers and technology. so a step by step would be best! 

thank you

• Lead Game Master
40 minutes ago, 5_aintvalentine said:

i had yosemite and was able to play just fine.

yesterday i downloaded catalina and updated my mac.

now i can't play. i click on the play icon, and it does nothing. is there something i need to do?  I'm really a very very lay person when it comes to computers and technology. so a step by step would be best! 

thank you

Have you taken a look at the installation instructions located here? Additionally, after doing so, did you try to reboot your system?

Interested in supporting Homecoming? Consider applying to become a Game Master!

• 4 weeks later

I am trying to install Island Rum to my new Mac laptop and I get this error message...."unable to locate the game data files"...It downloaded the Island rum app....cause I have this on my other Mac, but not sure what to do to get around this error...can anyone help please?  🙂

• 1 year later
34 minutes ago, MidKnightKat said:

i have no idea what im doing lol im using a chromebook not sur what to do to downlaod the game

You won't be able to play the game on a Chromebook.  Right now, Homecoming officially supports Microsoft Windows, macOS, and unofficially supports Linux.  See this thread -

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later

My friend just downloaded COH for the first time since 2012. He is running 32-bit because there something happened during installation and he can't load 64-bit. He was accustomed to rolling with game controller back in the day, but can't seem to get it to work now. Will he have to reinstall so he can run 64-bit, or should it work on 32-bit? He's not very tech savvy and walking him through the install was a trial I didn't even get reward merits for. 😉

• 3 weeks later
On 8/22/2019 at 10:52 AM, Manga said:

Note:  Since the FAQ is linked here, I'm modifying this post very late in order to keep the latest info here.

There are TWO ways to install City of Heroes Homecoming on your Mac:

1.  The preferred way is to download the Mac Installer for the Homecoming Launcher here: https://islandrum.eekstudio.com/mac-installer.zip

2.  An alternate way is to download Island Rum for Mac, here: https://islandrum.eekstudio.com/islandrum-mac.zip

Both packages automatically install everything you need!

Hi so I downloaded it but i get this waiting, can someone help me its for my iOS 

2E43EA16-C57E-443B-9471-BCBAA36A94CF.png