Hamidon Bug

Profit

1 minute ago, subbacultchas said:

I'd like ultimately for them to have the same experience and opportunities we've had doing this. 

It's just to easy now is the problem. It's not even a raid anymore honestly. In the old days, raid leaders would ask if anyone has not raided hami before, those that hadn't would be mentored by team leads and they learned to raid. Which created even smoother and more numerous raids as people started learning the process and stepping up to run their own raids.

• Like 2

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

3 hours ago, Foxfyre said:

It's your lucky day, @Ukase!  You can transfer Merits.  I believe you have to convert them to Hero Merits first....but you can definitely do that.

While you're at it, send me 80 as well 😛

I thought that was limited to character/account. That said, I have never tried to send any other characters that weren't an alt reward merits. 

And I wouldn't forget about @Raveor @Foxfyre, nor for that matter some of our more unsung heroes that aid in the process on a regular basis: @master charge (no holds barred) @SimianRetro, @Tax_E and @Freakenstein and a slew of others. 

I just confirmed - tried to send you a hero merit, Foxfyre, but the message came back that I can only send to my alts. 

Edited by Ukase
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Profit said:

It's just to easy now is the problem. It's not even a raid anymore honestly. In the old days, raid leaders would ask if anyone has not raided hami before, those that hadn't would be mentored by team leads and they learned to raid. Which created even smoother and more numerous raids as people started learning the process and stepping up to run their own raids.

Yeah I got you. It's a tough thing I'm torn between. I remember what it was like a month back, and I remember what it was like 10 years back when it a long run and had well-defined roles and phases. I actually like the runs where we are defeating mitos and such, although honestly it only adds a couple more minutes max doing those types of zergs. But OTOH, 240 merits in 30-40 minutes is nothing to shake a stick at and I'm not sure I want to give that up.

I wish there were a middle ground that could please everyone.

• Retired Game Master

We've seen some significant performance improvements with the new client. It may not be enough to _completely_ eliminate lag and what not in a Hami raid, but it might be enough to make it considerably less egregious.

"No, really. He's a GM. Don't ask me."

--The Entire Server, probably.

I think it's an improvement after trying it last night.  There's still lag in noticeable amounts during the second and third raids, but it didn't seem to be quite as lengthy as it was (2-4 seconds versus 5-7). I didn't think to show fps or I'd have compared them. But anecdotally I do think the 64 bit has made a positive impact.

I want to go check out the lag on the 64 bit client for myself, but my SG had other plans last night.  Probably won't be able to make it tonight either, but I hope to check it out tomorrow night.

However, lag or no, I still think that The Abyss' player cap should be lowered back to 50 to put the strategy back into Hamidon raids.

Edited by Apparition