Underrated: Mind/Trick Arrow

Coyote

Another combination that is considered really weak is Mind Control/Trick Arrow. Unlike the Earth/Cold I wrote another post about, this is actually a combination of two sets that really are considered weak separately. Now, what can we make of this?

Well, Mind Control is said to be weak in AoE control, largely because its every-spawn controls (Sleep and Fear) are not really... controlling. And unlike Fearsome Stare, Terrify doesn't put out a -ToHit debuff, so it really doesn't do much in a situation where your team is constantly attacking the mobs. It does have TWO AoE shutdown mez options (Mass Confusion and Total Domination), but it's a rare build that can have one up for every spawn. So you end up with a nasty gap in your control in every 3rd spawn... when soloing this is less of an issue, but on a team it's hard to ask them to slow down because your two controls aren't ready.

Trick Arrow is generally weak, but it does provide AoE damage (Acid Arrow, slotted with damage procs, and Oil Slick Arrow)... and one good AoE mez, EMP Arrow. Taken by itself, this one AoE mez has a long enough recharge that it's relegated to emergency purposes. But add it to Mind Control's 2 AoEs and the character now has 3 AoE shutdown mezzes, and can cycle them from spawn to spawn even on most fast-moving teams. And if teams are moving so fast that you can't rotate them, then odds are that the team doesn't care about mezzing.

Mind Control always solos well, due to a lot of good single-target mezzing options, but its single-target damage is not all that high (lack of pet at high levels, and it's a bit harder to get Containment in some cases). Ice Arrow adds in single-target damage if procced up (about 340 damage with 5 damage procs), and the rest of TA adds in -Resist and some AoE damage, exactly what Mind needs.

It's hard to make a really good character out of these sets, but when you slot up Dominate with some Damage procs (see the Earth/Cold post for how Fossilize is slotted) and add in Ice Arrow, you can make a pretty good single-target attack chain. With some AoE available from Trick Arrow, the character becomes able to solo tolerably well. On teams, it goes from pretty weak control since Mind has an AoE control gap, to pretty good control since it can now build for and cycle two AoE Holds and one Confuse. This is one of the few ways that I'd run Mind as a Controller, and it's also one of the better uses of Trick Arrow as a Controller secondary.

• Like 2

Similar to the Mind/Rad and Ice/TA I had back on live. I'm sure it's playable, but is it fun to play?

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel

Okay, so I took a preliminary gloss look at the combination of Mind/Trick Arrow and ... came away with the impression that this combo is perhaps as slot hungry as a Tri-form Kheldian(!).

Just in Mind Control, I personally would want to take all 9 powers (I actually want to use Telekinesis) ... but those powers are incredibly slot hungry (to me).

• Mesmerize = 6 slots (+5 added)
  • Dominate = 6 slots (+5 added)
  • Levitate = 6 slots (+5 added)
  • Confuse = 6 slots (+5 added)
  • Mass Hypnosis = 5 slots (+4 added)
  • Telekinesis = 2 slots (+1 added)
  • Total Domination = 6 slots (+5 added)
  • Terrify = 6 slots (+5 added)
  • Mass Confusion = 6 slots (+5 added)

Just from Mind Control alone I'm looking at wanting to spend 40 of the available +67 slots!

That would mean that there's only 27 slots left over(!).

Spend +2 slots on Health and +2 slots on Stamina and you're down to having only 23 slots left for all of Trick Arrow AND any pools you'd want to add.

Meanwhile, over in Trick Arrow, I'd ideally want:

• Entangling Arrow = 1 slot (+0 added)
  • Flash Arrow = 1 slot (+0 added)
  • Glue Arrow = 1 slot (+0 added)
  • Ice Arrow = 6 slots (+5 added)
  • Poison Gas Arrow = 1 slot (+0 added)
  • Acid Arrow = 6 slots (+5 added)
  • Disruption Arrow = 1 slot (+0 added)
  • Oil Slick Arrow = 6 slots (+5 added)
  • EMP Arrow = 4 slots (+3 added)

So at a MINIMUM I'd be wanting to put another 18 slots into Trick Arrow ... leaving a mere 6 slots remaining for the other 6 power picks available in the build, combined.  That yields like a 1 slot Assault plus a 6 slot Tactics (with Gaussian's Fire Control) ... and 4 more power picks with ONE slot remaining to spend among them (assuming I don't assign it to something like Disruption Arrow to improve the uptime or get Hasten and 2 slot it for perma-Hasten).

It's just incredibly tight on slots, overall.

Now I could, conceivably, get away with pulling a slot here and there out of Mind Control ... but that gets kind of hard to justify on some of the powers.  I haven't dug into the problem "fully" just yet, but I'm talking about the preliminary overview of what resources can be allocated where, and it's just nuts how slot hungry these two powersets are ... simply due to how proc-tastic these two powersets are (particularly Ice Arrow, Acid Arrow and Oil Slick Arrow).

The other thing is ... this combination of powersets, perhaps even more than use of */Time, just REALLY begs for Hasten.

That's because Hasten will usefully accelerate the nominally long recharge times of Mass Hypnosis, Total Domination, Terrify, Mass Confusion, Glue Arrow, Ice Arrow, Poison Gas Arrow, Acid Arrow, Disruption Arrow, Oil Slick Arrow and EMP Arrow ... which is a whopping 11 powers(!!) out of 18 total between the two powersets.  At that kind of rate of return, it becomes somewhat idiotic to NOT take Hasten and reach for rolling AoE lockdown capability, in which you'll have something available for EVERY spawn group you come across.

So ... yeah ... tight build prospects ...

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

I like Mesmerize, but I don't see it as useful enough to 6-slot along with Levitate. For one-shot Boss mez, all it needs is an Acc/Sleep, and for damage it puts you at 4 single-target attacks (including Ice Arrow), and NOT including Confuse, which would likely be part of the rotation. Given that TA is also busy, I don't think that there will be time in a fight to throw Mesmerize for damage. So this should save some slots.

Mesmerize is a damage power that just so happens to inflict Sleep (for 55+ seconds unenhanced!) as a side/after effect.  You slot it for DAMAGE and then let the MAG 3.5 Sleep put Bosses into lockdown for you (in one hit) until you can get (back) to them.  Mesmerize is one of your main damaging lockdown powers that you use for "you, time out!" on stuff.

I've found that NOT taking Mesmerize is a mistake.

Your mileage may vary, of course.

IifneyR.gif

Oil Slick Arrow spawns a Pet ... the Oil Slick.

The Oil Slick is not your Controller.

Therefore ... damage done by the Oil Slick (or more specifically, the Oil Slick once it gets lit on fire) does not get modified by Containment, because the Pet doing the damage is not a Controller.

Controller PCs do double damage with Containment.

NPCs do not get to take advantage of Containment.

Pets are NPCs.

The Oil Slick is a Pet NPC.

All that said, it's a fair question, particularly for those who are not steeped in the ins 'n' outs (and programming) of Controllers.  I'm only explaining it the way that I am so as to provide clarity for not only the positive, but also the negative implications of the question so as to provide clarity in a thorough way that refutes potential misunderstandings.

IifneyR.gif

2 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Mesmerize is a damage power that just so happens to inflict Sleep (for 55+ seconds unenhanced!) as a side/after effect.  You slot it for DAMAGE and then let the MAG 3.5 Sleep put Bosses into lockdown for you (in one hit) until you can get (back) to them.  Mesmerize is one of your main damaging lockdown powers that you use for "you, time out!" on stuff.

I've found that NOT taking Mesmerize is a mistake.

Your mileage may vary, of course.

Sure, I agree completely, Mesmerize is best used as a damage power. HOWEVER, the build will have Dominate, Levitate, and Ice Arrow as your attack cycle. You can fill it in with Mesmerize, and without it you actually don't have a complete attack cycle.

However, leaving the gap in there leaves room for Confuse (and generally a Confused Lt will do more damage than several Mesmerizes as well as helping with reducing incoming damage and debuffing), and for other TA shots.

Now, if you were running Mind/Rad, or Mind/FF, or another secondary where you weren't looking to eat up animation time with regular uses of the secondary in the middle of combat, I would totally agree that 6-slotting Mesmerize as a damage power that is part of your attack cycle makes sense. But what is likely to happen is that it will be a 6-slotted attack power that's not as good as Levitate, and doesn't have as good a secondary effect as Dominate (assuming that damage is the main purpose for Dominate in your attack cycle), and doesn't do as good DPA as Ice Arrow (or as good a secondary effect), so it's your 4th favorite attack to use. With how busy TA is, I don't think that in a slot-hungry built, it is worth the slots for a power that will often be ready for use... but skipped because the mobs are grouped up nicely for Acid Arrow (slotted with procs). Or for Disruption Arrow. And so on.

Yes, it's a damage power, and it's not a bad damage power, but it's just good enough to MAYBE make it off the bench once in a while. Some builds can spare the slots for a backup power, but this one looks, as you say, to be too tight on slots for that.

What is nice about Mesmerize is it is Mag 3.5, and since Boss level Sleep protection is 3.0, it will sleep most bosses in one shot. This is particularly useful against bosses that run toggles, like the Circle of Thorns bosses who have the Dispersion Field power.

EDIT: Sorry I just repeated what someone else said upthread. Should have read the rest of the thread first. 🙂

Edited by oedipus_tex

Alright, here we go.

I spent a LOT of today working up this build, just to attempt a rough draft of it ... then sat down to compute where the proc chances were and ... decided that I needed to "change my brand" and reshuffle the deck on which proc (sets) go where in order to achieve a more middling overall performance profile from the mess of procs in this build.  In the first draft I was looking at 150+% chances to proc on a number of powers and figured that was just wasteful.

The first draft of this build, I had Mesmerize ... then I took it out, so as to put Enflame in ... and then I took it back out, because I had the (not so?) bright idea of slotting up Mesmerize with a 5-piece Decimation (which now seems to be a signature Go To move on my builds now) and then pair it with an Induced Coma proc for -Recharge debuffing.  My reasoning for this is relatively simple, in that Mesmerize is simply the better option (than Levitate) to put the Decimation set into, and because the Induced Coma proc will incur a recharge debuff penalty for 20 seconds, even if the Sleep from Mesmerize gets broken (as it will tend to do in teams).  This then turns Mesmerize into this weird combination of damage, fragile control, (chance to) buff and (chance to) debuff all rolled into a single power.  It's kind of bizarre.

I put Mesmerize back into the build because it gives me a reliable Go To rotation of single target attack powers that I can then work/braid around Ice Arrow.

Levitate is my (chance to) self heal while also being the only Knockback power available through my primary and secondary powersets.  I know that slotting Force Feedback here without other Knockback powers available isn't exactly optimal, but this is a case of beggars can't be choosers.

I'm keeping the slotting of Purple 50 set IOs out of the build plan, simply to orient it more around being a leveling build for anyone who wants to try out this ... weird ... combination.  Normally I'd put Purple 50 sets into Confuse and Mass Hypnosis, mainly because those sets tended to be cheaper (plentiful supply, barely any demand).

I've got Glue Arrow slotted with a Smashing damage proc, and I hope it works in this power over the duration of the Glue Patch.

Total Domination has a very interesting slotting going on for it.  I put in the Overwhelming Force (and Energy Font proc IO) here because according to the Hero Builder the set has plenty of Accuracy, Recharge and Mez Duration buffing going on in it.  That let me 5-slot Overwhelming Force (upgrade to the Superior version for a higher chance to proc the Energy Font) so as to put a Lockdown proc into Total Domination.  Thanks to the PPM changes, this means that the Lockdown proc basically has a (capped) 90% chance to proc on every target hit by Total Domination, rendering this Target AoE Hold into an almost certain Boss Hold power in a single cast (particularly when also adding in the Controller 20% chance for a bonus +1 MAG).  This makes Total Domination a lot more reliable for locking down entire spawn groups, once they been sufficiently herded.  Recharge time is under 75 seconds, so you'd be able to use Total Domination almost routinely (almost).  I did explore the option of putting the Overwhelming Force set and Energy Font proc into Terrify and ... didn't like the proc chances that came out of the equation.  Putting Overwhelming Force into Terrify wound up being low chance to proc on a (still) longish time to recharge.  The "real problem" with putting Overwhelming Force into Terrify was the combination of the Area Factor of Terrify, the sub-one minute base recharge time on Terrify and the 1 PPM proc rate of Energy Font (not superior) that would keep the combo from providing sufficient yield in terms of proc rates to be worth the effort.

Ice Arrow is loaded up with procs (2 Psionic, 1 Smashing damage) and also the Entomb set proc so as to have a chance to spawn an absorb shield around your Controller.  The longer recharge of Ice Arrow works in favor of all of these proc chances, in this case.

Poison Gas Arrow is loaded up with an Induced Coma set, mainly for the proc that offers a -Recharge debuff.  The reason why this set is put into Poison Gas Arrow instead of into Mass Hypnosis is because Mass Hypnosis does NOT notify mobs, while Poison Gas Arrow will ALWAYS notify mobs, thereby drawing aggro.  Since any debuff will also notify mobs to draw aggro, putting the Induced Coma set into Mass Hypnosis would foil the aggro-less aspect of Mass Hypnosis, while putting the set into Poison Gas Arrow will "align" with the power in this regard because the Poison Gas Arrow will already be notifying mobs anyway.  At this point, I don't think I've seen anyone do any proc analysis of slotting Induced Coma into Poison Gas Arrow, so I can only hope that it works (as expected).  I did not reach for Call of the Sandman or Fortunata Hypnosis since those procs would only (really) be of any use on the initial attack, not on any subsequent attacks made by the Poison Gas Arrow spawned pseudopet that creates the gas cloud effect.  At least Induced Coma ought to provide a beneficial debuff yield, even if the Sleep effect is broken or is unable to be stacked sufficiently to overcome MAG protection in $Targets.

I skimped on the slotting (and procs) of Acid Arrow, simply because it is such a SMALL AoE (a mere 8 ft radius).  The small area factor makes it good for proc chances (smaller divisor modifier in the formula) but it also means that it's only going to affect a tightly packed/herded grouping, and perhaps not all of them even then.  Because of this small AoE factor, I went ahead and only gave Acid Arrow a mere 3 slots for the purpose of maximizing the -Resistance debuffing within its smaller AoE.  Normally you'd want to put a Positron's Blast proc for energy damage into this set so as to use Acid Arrow to light Oil Slicks, but in this build (which is so incredibly slot hungry!) I decided to move the "ignition" factor of the Positron's Blast proc into Terrify (of all things) so as to "terrify oil slicks" into igniting.  This appeals to be since it means that using Terrify to ignite oil slicks does not require careful/precise targeting of the oil slick itself since Terrify is a Cone attack.

Which brings me to Terrify.  Owing to the recharge (base and enhanced) and area factors on Terrify, it really only makes sense to slot high(ish) PPM procs into this power if you want those procs to be at least semi-reliable on their proc chances.  Both Will of the Controller and Positrons Blast procs therefore have a relatively high chance to proc per use of the Terrify power, giving Terrify a much needed boost in AoE damage output/throughput onto $Targets.

Hasten is ... obligatory ... in a build so many powers that have base recharge times in excess of 30 seconds.  Getting the Force Feedback in Levitate to proc will help close the gap on Hasten being perma(-able).

Mass Confusion is slotted for Accuracy, Confuse and Recharge so as to increase its reliability and uptime.  This is to allow Mass Comedy to be used in a rotation between Mass Hypnosis, Terrify, Total Domination, Mass Comedy and EMP Arrow for more frequent en masse control and lockdown effects even when combat is chaotic.  Note that putting the Purple 50 Contagious Confusion proc (and or set) into Mass Confusion means that the Coercive Persuasion proc for additional Confusion MAG (in a small area) goes up to over 90% chance to proc ... which can turn Mass Comedy into a Boss controlling power in a single hit, no need to stack Confuse unless dealing with an Elite Boss or above.  For this reason alone, I would recommend putting the Coercive Persuasion set into Mass Confusion here, rather than into the Confuse power, just because of how ... thoroughly ... getting all of those 90% chance to stack all those Target AoE procs on herded groups would turn the tide(s) of battle in a hurry(!).  So if you're in danger of getting overrun, use of Mass Comedy with the Coercive Persuasion proc slotted in, will be absolutely game changing!

Oil Slick Arrow is proc monstered out ... although I would only expect the Slow damage proc to be checked prior to the lighting of the Oil Slick.  Once the slick is lit, then the Positron's Blast and Touch of Lady Grey procs will come into play, increasing the damage throughput of the (lit) Oil Slick.

EMP Arrow is slotted for Hold with a Basilisk's Gaze set, to improve the uptime on the power and to squeeze a little bit more global recharge out of the build.  Be mindful of the 18s of -1000% Regeneration AND Recovery debuffing that this power inflicts (and which, sadly, cannot have the duration of enhanced).  This is your AV/GM neutralizer power.  Use it with that in mind.  You can also use EMP Arrow to extend the lockdown duration of Total Domination long enough (theoretically, if timed exactly right) to recharge Total Domination for a second use on a group (assuming they live longer than 1 minute).

Tactics is slotted with a full Gaussian's set to as to have increasing chances for the Build Up to proc depending on how many teammates are within the 60 ft radius of the power getting buffed.  With a Team-8 situation, you're looking at 8 chances to proc a 6.5% proc chance every 10 seconds ... which is statistically equivalent to having a 41.5% chance to proc the Build Up for 5.25s every 10s ... which I consider Not Too Shabby™.  Proc chances on the Build Up increase even more dramatically in League play where your Tactics buff can affect more than just 8 PCs per tick, so this is something to keep in mind for team/league play.

So with all of that pontificating out of the way, here's the build.

Yes, I (deliberately) left a Knockdown Protection "hole" in the build in order to increase the amount of global recharge the build has available to it.  I figure that most of the Knockdown/Knockback dangers will be mitigated by use of Hover (even if you do flip over in the air).  At this point, this build is still in the "rough draft" stages and probably still has room for tweaking (such as adding Purple 50 sets) so as to get even more performance out of the overall build.  Simply switching to Superior versions of some of the procs will improve their proc chances somewhat dramatically, so there is definitely "headroom" in this build for yet further improvement/refinement by dipping into the Purple 50 regime of slotting.

I suppose I should also note that this particular build feels like it would best be played in a sort of "aggressive defense" type of style that is strongly reminiscent of the City of Statues gameplay that Controllers lived in before Containment came along.  First you lock 'em down and then you burn 'em down while your $Targets are helpless to stop you, while soloing.  When teamed, this build offers more than just (mere) hard control lockdown capability.  The mix of resistance debuffing and damage debuffing add to your ability to contribute "meaningfully" to group play, making everyone "better" at what they can do, allowing them to operate with increased safety margins for longer stretches of time.  Just avoid drawing aggro yourself (you're not built to take it head on).

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.1
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Spoiler

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1511;738;1476;HEX;|
|78DA6594D96B13511487EF9DB96D9D7449DA245DD2A64DBAD825366DD05711AD0B4|
|A2B01C5371B26696A47631266D2CD371F7C7405A9A28F7673A9BE085514115454F0|
|D1E51F109FD4E206FA12CFDC73DA0C74207CF7FEEE3973CE3DE74C4666F656AD1C3|
|8BB8B71CF5046B7ACC4502E5B3073994CDAAC38AC17264D3DC3ECA7027E6DA5B375|
|B3E888911D5BDF343BCEF74C8E8F478F9A46EA5462B769E6A659653C07E6FB33C68|
|989824BAE8FE4D3E931B75C0EA7F5B1B4694D18F95AB93F989D322C2369648CC2AC|
|6F5FDE4845E39691CB1AA9C4886E15D2E66C23A4D30BBF25CEE82996B1394040B0A|
|A6BC4EBC89A1BC49BC046C13C4FC14913CC2CF932761536318DDD06707A1FDF69DF|
|5B65CA3A1781AD8289256010F85791FBF27F8ADC2F83A34ABEEA798CD9788178111|
|9B8841CB80CF402CF81AF4F300DEA5B46B994F9B9CCF30EC7B283262A7E70E9B7E5|
|27F117D2F59BF80779D7BE1AF9682F506B7989EC7B457C4D7CC3650EF7009514BB3|
|2CC641D2CD0AA49AB0ED89A6005D0DCA4B917EC401A5B01D4D29D6BEB847C6F9D17|
|E9F313EB91F50D44AAD7A41D9E7CBDA39853BF8EBD193889FBD869CC31B6807AEC9|
|9909C82AD9FEEE95F45DBEE47C4C7C8DE2744EAF734A0017D9486CFAA3CEBFCA2CA|
|F7773F57A4CD7DB069A29C9A46D1A625816CD58949643885EC5DC55ECE806F33D5A|
|73982756C870606E540157990B456E203D0DB2856DB1ACE5F88FA1CA23E87A8CF61|
|EA7398FA3C0B6827DFF679D43AA8461D0F71C63A28AFCEB70ADEF51DCEDA1930EB4|
|25FB5EB3D9E6DFD40FC48FC84AC83FC7B307FD643B3E1052D42B123B7D06EDB3C71|
|81B888EC5F222E636C1FF846A946519AF36AD006491B24AD4538BE4D9ABF60492BF|
|639CF8BF0B0C14D4A6C93B27D93B2C3A9F4E3FD869D9A0679D70816171BFF0B8C47|
|301FCDB3F1BD17BFBAE09CEAC4E93DDF4B9AC2C3AAEC8DE710CE73E01897DFC037A|
|75F0FFAAD39FD42A8955FA17ECC611D932E7BA230B6EE58C71DEBE38EF57F9337E5|
|C1|

Level 50 Natural Controller
Primary Power Set: Mind Control
Secondary Power Set: Trick Arrow
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Concealment

Hero Profile:

Level 1:    Mesmerize    
 (A) Decimation - Accuracy/Damage: Level 27
 (13) Decimation - Damage/Endurance: Level 27
 (13) Decimation - Damage/Recharge: Level 27
 (15) Decimation - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 27
 (15) Decimation - Chance of Build Up: Level 25
 (17) Induced Coma - Chance of -Recharge: Level 10

Level 1:    Entangling Arrow    
 (A) Enfeebled Operation - Accuracy/Immobilize: Level 50+5

Level 2:    Dominate    
 (A) HamiO:Peroxisome Exposure
 (3) HamiO:Peroxisome Exposure
 (3) Devastation - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 31
 (5) Devastation - Chance of Hold: Level 30
 (5) Lockdown - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge/Hold: Level 31
 (7) Lockdown - Chance for +2 Mag Hold: Level 30

Level 4:    Levitate    
 (A) Entropic Chaos - Accuracy/Damage: Level 27
 (25) Entropic Chaos - Damage/Endurance: Level 27
 (25) Entropic Chaos - Damage/Recharge: Level 27
 (27) Entropic Chaos - Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (48) Entropic Chaos - Chance of Heal Self: Level 20
 (48) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge: Level 21

Level 6:    Hover    
 (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed: Level 25

Level 8:    Confuse    
 (A) Malaise's Illusions - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 27
 (9) Malaise's Illusions - Endurance/Confused: Level 27
 (9) Malaise's Illusions - Accuracy/Endurance: Level 27
 (11) Malaise's Illusions - Confused/Range: Level 27
 (11) Malaise's Illusions - Accuracy/Confused/Recharge: Level 27

Level 10:    Mass Hypnosis    
 (A) Call of the Sandman - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 27
 (29) Call of the Sandman - Endurance/Sleep: Level 27
 (43) Call of the Sandman - Accuracy/Endurance: Level 27
 (43) Call of the Sandman - Accuracy/Sleep/Recharge: Level 27
 (43) Call of the Sandman - Chance of Heal Self: Level 20

Level 12:    Telekinesis    
 (A) Endurance Reduction IO: Level 50+5

Level 14:    Flash Arrow    
 (A) Accuracy IO: Level 50+5

Level 16:    Glue Arrow    
 (A) Impeded Swiftness - Chance of Damage(Smashing): Level 10

Level 18:    Total Domination    
 (A) Overpowering Presence - Accuracy/Confused/Hold/Immobilized/Sleep/Stunned/Terrorized: Level 27
 (19) Overpowering Presence - Confused/Hold/Immobilized/Sleep/Stunned/Terrorized/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (21) Overpowering Presence - Accuracy/Confused/Hold/Immobilized/Sleep/Stunned/Terrorized/Endurance: Level 27
 (21) Overpowering Presence - Accuracy/Confused/Hold/Immobilized/Sleep/Stunned/Terrorized/Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (23) Overpowering Presence - RechargeTime/Energy Font: Level 27
 (23) Lockdown - Chance for +2 Mag Hold: Level 30

Level 20:    Ice Arrow    
 (A) Neuronic Shutdown - Accuracy/Endurance: Level 27
 (46) Neuronic Shutdown - Chance of Damage(Psionic): Level 10
 (48) Ghost Widow's Embrace - Accuracy/Endurance: Level 27
 (50) Ghost Widow's Embrace - Chance of Damage(Psionic): Level 20
 (50) Impeded Swiftness - Chance of Damage(Smashing): Level 10
 (50) Entomb - Recharge/Chance for +Absorb: Level 10

Level 22:    Poison Gas Arrow    
 (A) Induced Coma - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 27
 (40) Induced Coma - Endurance/Sleep: Level 27
 (40) Induced Coma - Accuracy/Endurance: Level 27
 (42) Induced Coma - Accuracy/Sleep/Recharge: Level 27
 (42) Induced Coma - Chance of -Recharge: Level 10

Level 24:    Acid Arrow    
 (A) Annihilation - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 27
 (37) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff: Level 20
 (40) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff: Level 10

Level 26:    Terrify    
 (A) Will of the Controller - Accuracy/Confused/Hold/Immobilize/Sleep/Stun/Terrorized: Level 27
 (29) Will of the Controller - Confused/Hold/Immobilize/Sleep/Stun/Terrorized/Recharge: Level 27
 (31) Will of the Controller - Accuracy/Confused/Hold/Immobilize/Sleep/Stun/Terrorized/Endurance: Level 27
 (31) Will of the Controller - Accuracy/Confused/Hold/Immobilize/Sleep/Stun/Terrorized/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (34) Will of the Controller - Recharge/Chance for Psionic Damage: Level 27
 (42) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy): Level 20

Level 28:    Disruption Arrow    
 (A) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 50+5

Level 30:    Hasten    
 (A) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 50+5
 (31) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 50+5

Level 32:    Mass Confusion    
 (A) Perplex - Accuracy/Confused/Recharge: Level 50
 (33) Malaise's Illusions - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 27
 (33) Malaise's Illusions - Endurance/Confused: Level 27
 (33) Malaise's Illusions - Accuracy/Endurance: Level 27
 (34) Malaise's Illusions - Confused/Range: Level 27
 (34) Malaise's Illusions - Accuracy/Confused/Recharge: Level 27

Level 35:    Oil Slick Arrow    
 (A) Impeded Swiftness - Endurance/Recharge/Slow: Level 27
 (36) Impeded Swiftness - Chance of Damage(Smashing): Level 10
 (36) Positron's Blast - Damage/Recharge: Level 27
 (36) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy): Level 20
 (37) Touch of Lady Grey - Defense Debuff/Recharge/Endurance: Level 27
 (37) Touch of Lady Grey - Chance for Negative Damage: Level 21

Level 38:    EMP Arrow    
 (A) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 27
 (39) Basilisk's Gaze - Recharge/Hold: Level 27
 (39) Basilisk's Gaze - Endurance/Recharge/Hold: Level 27
 (39) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge/Hold: Level 27

Level 41:    Assault    
 (A) Endurance Reduction IO: Level 50+5

Level 44:    Tactics    
 (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff: Level 27
 (45) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge: Level 27
 (45) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge/Endurance: Level 27
 (45) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Recharge/Endurance: Level 27
 (46) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Endurance: Level 27
 (46) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up: Level 21

Level 47:    Vengeance    

Level 49:    Stealth    

Spoiler

Level 1:    Brawl    
 (A) Accuracy IO: Level 50

Level 1:    Containment    
Level 1:    Prestige Power Dash    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Slide    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Quick    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Rush    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Surge    
 (A) Run Speed IO: Level 50+5

Level 1:    Sprint    
 (A) Celerity - +Stealth: Level 15

Level 2:    Rest    
 (A) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 50

Level 4:    Ninja Run    
Level 2:    Swift    
 (A) Run Speed IO: Level 50+5

Level 2:    Health    
 (A) Panacea - +Hit Points/Endurance: Level 10
 (17) Miracle - +Recovery: Level 20
 (27) Numina's Convalesence - +Regeneration/+Recovery: Level 30

Level 2:    Hurdle    
 (A) Jumping IO: Level 50+5

Level 2:    Stamina    
 (A) Endurance Modification IO: Level 50
 (7) Performance Shifter - EndMod: Level 27
 (19) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End: Level 21

Level 0:    The Atlas Medallion    
Level 0:    Task Force Commander    
Level 0:    Freedom Phalanx Reserve    
Level 0:    Portal Jockey

Spoiler

Set Bonus Totals:
13% DamageBuff(Smashing)
13% DamageBuff(Lethal)
13% DamageBuff(Fire)
13% DamageBuff(Cold)
13% DamageBuff(Energy)
13% DamageBuff(Negative)
13% DamageBuff(Toxic)
13% DamageBuff(Psionic)
1.25% Defense(Smashing)
1.25% Defense(Lethal)
1.25% Defense(Fire)
1.25% Defense(Cold)
3.75% Defense(Energy)
3.75% Defense(Negative)
2.5% Defense(Melee)
3.75% Defense(Ranged)
2.5% Defense(AoE)
8.1% Max End
5% Enhancement(Held)
5% Enhancement(Stunned)
9% Enhancement(Accuracy)
5.5% Enhancement(Terrorized)
10% Enhancement(Immobilized)
70% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
10% Enhancement(Confused)
21% Enhancement(Sleep)
27% SpeedFlying
91.56 HP (9%) HitPoints
27% JumpHeight
27% SpeedJumping
MezResist(Confused) 20%
MezResist(Held) 20%
MezResist(Immobilized) 20%
MezResist(Sleep) 20%
MezResist(Stunned) 20%
MezResist(Terrorized) 20%
15% (0.25 End/sec) Recovery
32% (1.36 HP/sec) Regeneration
8.25% Resistance(Smashing)
8.25% Resistance(Lethal)
2.25% Resistance(Fire)
2.25% Resistance(Cold)
1.5% Resistance(Energy)
1.5% Resistance(Negative)
27% SpeedRunning

Spoiler

Set Bonuses:
Decimation
(Mesmerize)
  1.5% Resistance(Energy,Negative), MezResist(Immobilized) 2.5%, MezResist(Held) 2.5%, MezResist(Stunned) 2.5%, MezResist(Sleep) 2.5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 2.5%, MezResist(Confused) 2.5%
  11.45 HP (1.13%) HitPoints
  2.25% Max End
  6.25% Enhancement(RechargeTime)

Devastation
(Dominate)
  12% (0.51 HP/sec) Regeneration

Lockdown
(Dominate)
  3% DamageBuff(All)

Entropic Chaos
(Levitate)
  10% (0.42 HP/sec) Regeneration
  2.25% Resistance(Fire,Cold), MezResist(Immobilized) 3.75%, MezResist(Held) 3.75%, MezResist(Stunned) 3.75%, MezResist(Sleep) 3.75%, MezResist(Terrorized) 3.75%, MezResist(Confused) 3.75%
  2.25% Max End

Luck of the Gambler
(Hover)
  7.5% Enhancement(RechargeTime)

Malaise's Illusions
(Confuse)
  2.5% (0.04 End/sec) Recovery
  2.5% Enhancement(Confused)
  2.5% DamageBuff(All)

Call of the Sandman
(Mass Hypnosis)
  5% Enhancement(Sleep)
  19.08 HP (1.88%) HitPoints
  2.25% Max End

Overpowering Presence
(Total Domination)
  4% Enhancement(Immobilized), 4% Enhancement(Sleep), 2.2% Enhancement(Terrorized), 2% Enhancement(Confused), 2% Enhancement(Held), 2% Enhancement(Stunned)
  4.5% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 7.5%, MezResist(Held) 7.5%, MezResist(Stunned) 7.5%, MezResist(Sleep) 7.5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 7.5%, MezResist(Confused) 7.5%
  3% (0.05 End/sec) Recovery

Neuronic Shutdown
(Ice Arrow)
  2.25% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 3.75%, MezResist(Held) 3.75%, MezResist(Stunned) 3.75%, MezResist(Sleep) 3.75%, MezResist(Terrorized) 3.75%, MezResist(Confused) 3.75%

Ghost Widow's Embrace
(Ice Arrow)
  7.5% SpeedJumping, 7.5% JumpHeight, 7.5% SpeedFlying, 7.5% SpeedRunning

Induced Coma
(Poison Gas Arrow)
  6% Enhancement(Sleep)
  7.63 HP (0.75%) HitPoints
  10% (0.42 HP/sec) Regeneration
  4.5% SpeedJumping, 4.5% JumpHeight, 4.5% SpeedFlying, 4.5% SpeedRunning

Annihilation
(Acid Arrow)
  1.35% Max End

Will of the Controller
(Terrify)
  2.5% DamageBuff(All)
  6% Enhancement(Immobilized), 6% Enhancement(Sleep), 3.3% Enhancement(Terrorized), 3% Enhancement(Confused), 3% Enhancement(Held), 3% Enhancement(Stunned)
  9% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  8.75% Enhancement(RechargeTime)

Malaise's Illusions
(Mass Confusion)
  2.5% Enhancement(Confused)
  2.5% DamageBuff(All)

Impeded Swiftness
(Oil Slick Arrow)
  1.5% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 2.5%, MezResist(Held) 2.5%, MezResist(Stunned) 2.5%, MezResist(Sleep) 2.5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 2.5%, MezResist(Confused) 2.5%

Positron's Blast
(Oil Slick Arrow)

Touch of Lady Grey
(Oil Slick Arrow)
  15.26 HP (1.5%) HitPoints

Basilisk's Gaze
(EMP Arrow)
  2.5% Defense(Energy,Negative), 1.25% Defense(Ranged)
  2% (0.03 End/sec) Recovery

Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control
(Tactics)
  2.5% DamageBuff(All)
  2.5% Defense(Melee), 1.25% Defense(Lethal), 1.25% Defense(Smashing), 2.5% Defense(Ranged), 1.25% Defense(Energy), 1.25% Defense(Negative), 2.5% Defense(AoE), 1.25% Defense(Fire), 1.25% Defense(Cold)

Luck of the Gambler
(Vengeance)

Luck of the Gambler
(Stealth)

Performance Shifter
(Stamina)

Spoiler

Mesmerize (Decimation 1PPM, Induced Coma 3.5 PPM)

• 1.0 * ((6 / ( 1 + 37.91 / 100 )) + 1.848) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 0 * (11 * 0 + 540) / 30,000))) = 10.33%
  • 3.5 * ((6 / ( 1 + 37.91 / 100 )) + 1.848) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 0 * (11 * 0 + 540) / 30,000))) = 36.16%

Dominate (Devastation 3PPM, Lockdown 2.5PPM)

• 3.0 * ((8 / ( 1 + 30.8 / 100 )) + 1.32) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 0 * (11 * 0 + 540) / 30,000))) = 37.18%
  • 2.5 * ((8 / ( 1 + 30.8 / 100 )) + 1.32) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 0 * (11 * 0 + 540) / 30,000))) = 30.98%

Levitate (Entropic Chaos 3PPM, Force Feedback 2PPM)

• 3.0 * ((6 / ( 1 + 37.91 / 100 )) + 2.112) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 0 * (11 * 0 + 540) / 30,000))) = 32.31%
  • 2.0 * ((6 / ( 1 + 37.91 / 100 )) + 2.112) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 0 * (11 * 0 + 540) / 30,000))) = 21.54%

Mass Hypnosis (Call of the Sandman 2PPM)

• 2.0 * ((45 / ( 1 + 37.91 / 100 )) + 2.244) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 25 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 30.49%

Glue Arrow (Impeded Swiftness 3.5PPM)

• 3.5 * ((60 / ( 1 + 0 / 100 )) + 1.32) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 25 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 90% (Pre-clamped 93.82%) on initial hit to $Target
  • 3.5 x 10 / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 25 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 15.30% on continuing duration hits to all $Targets in the AoE

Total Domination (Overpowering Presence 1PPM, Lockdown 2.5PPM)

• 1.0 * ((240 / ( 1 + 95.17 / 100 )) + 2.244) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 20 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 64.21% to all $Targets in the AoE
  • 2.5 * ((240 / ( 1 + 95.17 / 100 )) + 2.244) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 20 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 90% (Pre-clamp 160.53%) to all $Targets in the AoE

Ice Arrow (Neuronic Shutdown 3.5PPM, Ghost Widow's Embrace 3.5PPM, Impeded Swiftness 3.5PPM, Entomb 2PPM)

• 3.5 * ((18 / ( 1 + 11.70 / 100 )) + 1.848) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 0 * (11 * 0 + 540) / 30,000))) = 90% (Pre-clamp 104.78%)
  • 2.0 * ((18 / ( 1 + 11.70 / 100 )) + 1.848) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 0 * (11 * 0 + 540) / 30,000))) = 59.88%

Poison Gas Arrow (Induced Coma 3.5 PPM)

• 3.5 * ((45 / ( 1 + 0 / 100 )) + 1.32) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 25 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 70.88% on initial hit to $Target
  • 3.5 x 10 / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 25 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 15.30% on continuing duration hits to all $Targets in the AoE

Acid Arrow (Annihilation 3PPM, Achilles' Heel 3.5PPM)

• 3.0 * ((20 / ( 1 + 0 / 100 )) + 1.98) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 8 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 57.84% to all $Targets in the AoE
  • 3.5 * ((20 / ( 1 + 0 / 100 )) + 1.98) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 8 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 67.48% to all $Targets in the AoE

Terrify (Will of the Controller 4PPM, Positron's Blast 3.5 PPM)

• 4.0 * ((45 / ( 1 + 73.35 / 100 )) + 2.244) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 60 * (11 * 90 + 540) / 30,000))) = 57.06% to all $Targets in the Cone
  • 3.5 * ((45 / ( 1 + 73.35 / 100 )) + 2.244) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 60 * (11 * 90 + 540) / 30,000))) = 49.93% to all $Targets in the Cone

Oil Slick Arrow (Impeded Swiftness 3.5PPM)

• 3.5 * ((180 / ( 1 + 54.76 / 100 )) + 1.32) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 15 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 90% (Pre-clamp 255.32%) on initial hit to $Target

Oil Slick Lit (Impeded Swiftness 3.5PPM, Positron's Blast 3.5PPM, Touch of Lady Grey 3.5PPM)

• 3.5 x 10 / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 15 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 21.70% on continuing duration hits to all $Targets in the AoE

Tactics (Gaussian's 1PPM)

• 1.0 x 10 / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 60 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 6.5% (Pre-clamp 2.15%) per buffed teammate

• Team-1: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^1 = 06.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
  • Team-2: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^2 = 12.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
  • Team-3: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^3 = 18.2% chance to proc every 10 seconds
  • Team-4: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^4 = 23.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
  • Team-5: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^5 = 28.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
  • Team-6: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^6 = 33.1% chance to proc every 10 seconds
  • Team-7: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^7 = 37.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
  • Team-8: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^8 = 41.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
  • League-16: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^16 = 65.8% chance to proc every 10 seconds
  • League-24: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^24 = 80.0% chance to proc every 10 seconds
  • League-32: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^32 = 88.3% chance to proc every 10 seconds
  • League-34: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^34 = 89.8% chance to proc every 10 seconds
  • League-35: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^35 = 90.0% (Pre-clamp 90.4%) chance to proc every 10 seconds

Mind Control - Trick Arrow.mxd

Edited by Redlynne
  • Like 1

IifneyR.gif

So, having had some time to contemplate the potential of Mind/Trick Arrow in relation to other Mind/* secondary combinations ... I'm just not convinced that Trick Arrow brings enough to the table for it to be a competitor to other potential alternatives.  Part of the problem is that Mind Control is a very Click heavy powerset, as is Trick Arrow.  This means that in a lot of situations your "throughput" capability is going to be somewhat dictated by how quickly you can cycle through animations in order to Do Stuff™ to your $Target(s), and having all of those Clicks vying for attention and a chance to be used (routinely) becomes its own challenge.  In other words, it simply takes too long/too many attacks to stack up useful amounts of debuff+mez to achieve some of the more theoretical bits of nifty-ness you can potentially do with this powerset combination.  The beauty of Mind Control is that when soloing you'll often have the luxury of TIME to pull off these kinds of chains and setups ... but in a group (particularly a fast moving steamroller) that luxury of time to chain multiple powers together starts evaporating.

In actual gameplay, I've often found that the longer a combination of attacks gets, the less likely you are to actually ever use that combination in actual gameplay.  Mind/Trick is easily flirting with that tipping point of almost being more trouble than it's worth (so to speak).

Compared to a Mind/Time build where you've got enough of a "blend" of long duration Clicks and Toggles so as to free up animation time for your primary powerset, Trick Arrow kind of suffers just in comparison of the need to animate so many powers out of Trick Arrow at the expense of animating attacks out of the primary powerset (which is often where most of the damage is coming from on a moment to moment basis).  Yes, there's a proc monstered Ice Arrow as a backdoor way to achieve a single target "nuke" power, but even with a tremendous amount of recharge in the build you're looking at wanting to use it every OTHER attack rotation cycle, rather than every rotation cycle of Mez/Dom/Lev.

Don't get me wrong, the debuffs from Trick Arrow will "help" but if you're soloing they don't help you all THAT much in a lot of cases.  In my opinion, the support you get out of Trick Arrow is kind of weak for Mind Control, even if you'll be able to pull off some interesting combos.

IifneyR.gif

• 2 weeks later
  • 2 years later

Arise, ARISE dead thread!

OK, now with that out of the way, I wanted to thank @Redlynne for the posted build and musings on Mind/TA.  I was thinking about making a character with a lot of sleep powers and settled on Mind/TA.  I was wracking my brain on making a build in Mids and it just wasn't working out.  But I was able to merge mine with Redlynne's and then tuned it a little and came up with something I think will work for me.

Here's my take on it.  I'll let you know how it goes after I've played it a bit.

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Soporific Flea: Level 50 Technology Controller
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Mesmerize

• (A) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (15) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (17) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Level 1: Entangling Arrow

• (A) Enfeebled Operation - Accuracy/Immobilize

Level 2: Dominate

• (A) HamiO:Nucleolus Exposure
  • (3) HamiO:Nucleolus Exposure
  • (3) Gladiator's Net - Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • (5) Neuronic Shutdown - Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • (5) Apocalypse - Damage
  • (7) Apocalypse - Chance of Damage(Negative)

Level 4: Levitate

• (25) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (25) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (27) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage
  • (48) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge

Level 6: Combat Jumping

• (A) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)
  • (13) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage
  • (13) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
  • (15) Kismet - Accuracy +6%
  • (40) Karma - Knockback Protection

Level 8: Confuse

• (A) Superior Will of the Controller - Accuracy/Control Duration
  • (9) Superior Will of the Controller - Control Duration/Recharge
  • (9) Superior Will of the Controller - Endurance/Recharge
  • (11) Superior Will of the Controller - Accuracy/Control Duration/Endurance
  • (11) Superior Will of the Controller - Accuracy/Control Duration/Endurance/Recharge
  • (42) Superior Will of the Controller - Recharge/Chance for Psionic Damage

Level 10: Mass Hypnosis

• (A) Call of the Sandman - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (17) Call of the Sandman - Chance of Heal Self
  • (29) Call of the Sandman - Endurance/Sleep
  • (43) Call of the Sandman - Accuracy/Endurance
  • (43) Call of the Sandman - Accuracy/Sleep/Recharge

Level 12: Kick

• (A) Empty

Level 14: Flash Arrow

• (A) HamiO:Lysosome Exposure

Level 16: Glue Arrow

• (A) DSync:D-Sync Deceleration

Level 18: Tough

• (A) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%
  • (19) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)
  • (21) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance
  • (21) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance
  • (23) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (23) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP

Level 20: Ice Arrow

• (A) Neuronic Shutdown - Accuracy/Endurance
  • (45) Neuronic Shutdown - Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • (46) Ice Mistral's Torment - Chance for Cold Damage
  • (48) Ghost Widow's Embrace - Accuracy/Endurance
  • (50) Ghost Widow's Embrace - Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • (50) Gladiator's Net - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge/Hold

Level 22: Poison Gas Arrow

• (A) HamiO:Endoplasm Exposure

Level 24: Acid Arrow

• (A) Annihilation - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (37) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff
  • (40) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff
  • (40) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy)
  • (45) Javelin Volley - Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • (50) Bombardment - Chance for Fire Damage

Level 26: Terrify

• (A) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage
  • (29) Superior Frozen Blast - Damage/Endurance
  • (31) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (31) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (34) Superior Frozen Blast - Damage/Endurance/Accuracy/RechargeTime
  • (43) Superior Frozen Blast - Recharge/Chance for Immobilize

Level 28: Disruption Arrow

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 30: Hasten

• (31) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 32: Mass Confusion

• (A) Coercive Persuasion  - Confused
  • (33) Coercive Persuasion  - Confused/Recharge
  • (33) Coercive Persuasion  - Accuracy/Confused/Recharge
  • (33) Coercive Persuasion  - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (34) Coercive Persuasion  - Confused/Endurance
  • (34) Coercive Persuasion  - Contagious Confusion

Level 35: Oil Slick Arrow

• (A) Positron's Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (36) Positron's Blast - Damage/Endurance
  • (36) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy)
  • (36) Javelin Volley - Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • (37) Javelin Volley - Accuracy/Damage
  • (37) Bombardment - Chance for Fire Damage

Level 38: EMP Arrow

• (A) Superior Entomb - Accuracy/Hold
  • (39) Superior Entomb - Hold/Recharge
  • (39) Superior Entomb - Endurance/Recharge
  • (39) Superior Entomb - Accuracy/Hold/Endurance
  • (45) Superior Entomb - Accuracy/Hold/Endurance/Recharge
  • (48) Superior Entomb - Recharge/Chance for +Absorb

Level 41: Scorpion Shield

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
  • (42) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
  • (42) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 44: Weave

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
  • (46) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
  • (46) Luck of the Gambler - Defense

Level 47: Super Speed

• (A) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 49: Telekinesis

Level 1: Containment

Level 1: Brawl

• (A) Accuracy IO
Level 1: Sprint
  • (A) Celerity - +Stealth
Level 2: Rest
  • (A) Empty
Level 2: Swift
  • (A) Run Speed IO
Level 2: Hurdle
  • (A) Jumping IO
Level 2: Health
  • (A) Panacea - +Hit Points/Endurance
  • (27) Numina's Convalesence - +Regeneration/+Recovery
Level 2: Stamina
  • [*] (A)
Power Transfer - EndMod
[*] (7) Power Transfer - Chance to Heal Self
[*] (19) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End

Edited by Bionic_Flea

8 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Arise, ARISE dead thread!

OK, now with that out of the way, I wanted to thank @Redlynne for the posted build and musings on Mind/TA.  I was thinking about making a character with a lot of sleep powers and settled on Mind/TA.  I was wracking my brain on making a build in Mids and it just wasn't working out.  But I was able to merge mine with Redlynne's and then tuned it a little and came up with something I think will work for me.

Here's my take on it.  I'll let you know how it goes after I've played it a bit.

Hide contents

Soporific Flea: Level 50 Technology Controller
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Mesmerize

• (15) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (17) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Level 1: Entangling Arrow

• (A) Enfeebled Operation - Accuracy/Immobilize

Level 2: Dominate

• (A) HamiO:Nucleolus Exposure
  • (3) HamiO:Nucleolus Exposure
  • (3) Gladiator's Net - Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • (5) Neuronic Shutdown - Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • (5) Apocalypse - Damage
  • (7) Apocalypse - Chance of Damage(Negative)

Level 4: Levitate

• (25) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (25) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (27) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage
  • (48) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge

Level 6: Combat Jumping

• (A) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)
  • (13) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage
  • (13) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
  • (15) Kismet - Accuracy +6%
  • (40) Karma - Knockback Protection

Level 8: Confuse

• (A) Superior Will of the Controller - Accuracy/Control Duration
  • (9) Superior Will of the Controller - Control Duration/Recharge
  • (9) Superior Will of the Controller - Endurance/Recharge
  • (11) Superior Will of the Controller - Accuracy/Control Duration/Endurance
  • (11) Superior Will of the Controller - Accuracy/Control Duration/Endurance/Recharge
  • (42) Superior Will of the Controller - Recharge/Chance for Psionic Damage

Level 10: Mass Hypnosis

• (A) Call of the Sandman - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (17) Call of the Sandman - Chance of Heal Self
  • (29) Call of the Sandman - Endurance/Sleep
  • (43) Call of the Sandman - Accuracy/Endurance
  • (43) Call of the Sandman - Accuracy/Sleep/Recharge

Level 12: Kick

• (A) Empty

Level 14: Flash Arrow

• (A) HamiO:Lysosome Exposure

Level 16: Glue Arrow

• (A) DSync:D-Sync Deceleration

Level 18: Tough

• (A) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%
  • (19) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)
  • (21) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance
  • (21) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance
  • (23) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (23) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP

Level 20: Ice Arrow

• (A) Neuronic Shutdown - Accuracy/Endurance
  • (45) Neuronic Shutdown - Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • (46) Ice Mistral's Torment - Chance for Cold Damage
  • (48) Ghost Widow's Embrace - Accuracy/Endurance
  • (50) Ghost Widow's Embrace - Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • (50) Gladiator's Net - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge/Hold

Level 22: Poison Gas Arrow

• (A) HamiO:Endoplasm Exposure

Level 24: Acid Arrow

• (A) Annihilation - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (37) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff
  • (40) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff
  • (40) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy)
  • (45) Javelin Volley - Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • (50) Bombardment - Chance for Fire Damage

Level 26: Terrify

• (A) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage
  • (29) Superior Frozen Blast - Damage/Endurance
  • (31) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (31) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (34) Superior Frozen Blast - Damage/Endurance/Accuracy/RechargeTime
  • (43) Superior Frozen Blast - Recharge/Chance for Immobilize

Level 28: Disruption Arrow

Level 30: Hasten

• (31) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 32: Mass Confusion

• (A) Coercive Persuasion  - Confused
  • (33) Coercive Persuasion  - Confused/Recharge
  • (33) Coercive Persuasion  - Accuracy/Confused/Recharge
  • (33) Coercive Persuasion  - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (34) Coercive Persuasion  - Confused/Endurance
  • (34) Coercive Persuasion  - Contagious Confusion

Level 35: Oil Slick Arrow

• (A) Positron's Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (36) Positron's Blast - Damage/Endurance
  • (36) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy)
  • (36) Javelin Volley - Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • (37) Javelin Volley - Accuracy/Damage
  • (37) Bombardment - Chance for Fire Damage

Level 38: EMP Arrow

• (A) Superior Entomb - Accuracy/Hold
  • (39) Superior Entomb - Hold/Recharge
  • (39) Superior Entomb - Endurance/Recharge
  • (39) Superior Entomb - Accuracy/Hold/Endurance
  • (45) Superior Entomb - Accuracy/Hold/Endurance/Recharge
  • (48) Superior Entomb - Recharge/Chance for +Absorb

Level 41: Scorpion Shield

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
  • (42) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
  • (42) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 44: Weave

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
  • (46) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
  • (46) Luck of the Gambler - Defense

Level 47: Super Speed

Level 49: Telekinesis

Level 1: Brawl

• (A) Accuracy IO
Level 1: Sprint
  • (A) Celerity - +Stealth
Level 2: Rest
  • (A) Empty
Level 2: Swift
  • (A) Run Speed IO
Level 2: Hurdle
  • (A) Jumping IO
Level 2: Health
  • (A) Panacea - +Hit Points/Endurance
  • (27) Numina's Convalesence - +Regeneration/+Recovery
Level 2: Stamina
  • [*] (A)
Power Transfer - EndMod
[*] (7) Power Transfer - Chance to Heal Self
[*] (19) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End

Looks similar to how I would of rolled it. I'd suggest swapping the slotting of confuse with mass confuse. I like contagious in confuse to allow it to effect more then one from lvl 8 on. You'll have the same set bonuses here so no net change.

On Oil Slick, play around on the proc damage proc rate calculator as I'm pretty sure you can get a recharge IO in there without drastically effecting your proc rates, if you can that will be a net improvement to how often you can decimate mobs with Oil Slick. Make sure to take taser darts to ignite it.

Thanks.  That's good advice.  Except I think I will keep the Confuse slotting as is, as I am leveling up doing TFs and arcs and it's nice having those set bonuses early.  And I wouldn't be able to slot the purple set until 50.  So your suggestion might be better for exemping but I think my set up is better for leveling.

But I did play around with the slotting of Oil Slick and ended up with Bombardment Fire proc, Positron's Energy Proc, and Javelin Volley Lethal Proc with 58 Acc/ 91 Dam/ 58 End/ 37 Rech and that ends up doing average 726 damage every 70 seconds at a cost of 9.7 endurance (Using Mids Numbers).  If I did the calculations right I should still be at 90% cap at activation.  I could squeeze out more damage, more recharge, or better endurance, but I think I came out with a good balance for all three.

Edited by Bionic_Flea

Nice build.

Big picture, I'd start by swapping out Scorpion Shield for something with a Resist armor. Flash Arrow is already going to make you capped to enemy attacks most of the time. Extra Defense beyond that point can be helpful against -Defense attacks, but overall you'll probably be happier with a Resist armor.

You also didn't take any of the APP AoE blasts, which leaves some of your potential on the table. Doesn't really matter which one you take, most of them are pretty solid.

I'd take Total Domination over Telekinesis. It's your only hard AoE control besides Mass Confusion, which has a very long recharge. Plus, its your only source of AoE Containment. Note that pairing Total Domination with Power Boost from the APPs can help you extend how long enemies are Contained and increase damage potential. Power Boost will also multiply the -ToHit in Flash Arrow, plus Energy Torrent will light an oil slick.

While its not critical, I tend to like knockdown powers like Energy Torrent or Psionic Tornado for Mind Control because enemies who are Knocked lose their chance to fire back at you if they are currently Terrified. They'll fall over and when they stand back up go back into the "cower" animation without being able to shoot back. For this same reason, putting the purple Knockdown damage proc in Terrify can help you mitigate some of the return fire you get. 

The latest build of the game turned Mass Hypnosis into an autohit power. I'd one slot it with a Recharge IO, or else put procs in it. 

You probably want to max out the -ToHit in Flash Arrow, It's autohit in PVE, but there are still good set bonuses you can get with 4 slots for -ToHit powers. Keep in mind unlike most other ToHit debuffs in games, AVs only resist half of the debuff, so be sure to hit them with it for some extra Defense padding.

Concept permitting, you may also want to explore whether dropping Punch/Tough/Weave in favor of the Sorcery pool for Arcane Bolt/Mystic Flight/Rune of Protection would better serve you. Between Rune of Protection and EMP Arrow you'd have a lot of resilience against getting mezzed, and by cycling between EMP Arrow and RoP actually have better overall Resistance a lot of the time.

If you can afford to do it, I'd put a purple damage proc in Ice Arrow. I'd continue playing with damage procs in that power to ensure you're getting as much bang as you can. Adding a Kismet elsewhere in the build or else more sources of +ToHit/Accuracy can make it more likely to hit. Fully procced out it hits so hard you can work into your regular attack chain. 

Edited by oedipus_tex
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I haven't played around with TA since, well, well before the changes.  Oil Slick Arrow always made me wonder what the optimal slotting would be, since I always enjoyed just maxing out damage and recharge.  Does it need accuracy?

OSA does not need accuracy.  In fact, you can't even slot accuracy in it.

What this team needs is more Defenders

7 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Thanks.  That's good advice.  Except I think I will keep the Confuse slotting as is, as I am leveling up doing TFs and arcs and it's nice having those set bonuses early.  And I wouldn't be able to slot the purple set until 50.  So your suggestion might be better for exemping but I think my set up is better for leveling.

But I did play around with the slotting of Oil Slick and ended up with Bombardment Fire proc, Positron's Energy Proc, and Javelin Volley Lethal Proc with 58 Acc/ 91 Dam/ 58 End/ 37 Rech and that ends up doing average 726 damage every 70 seconds at a cost of 9.7 endurance (Using Mids Numbers).  If I did the calculations right I should still be at 90% cap at activation.  I could squeeze out more damage, more recharge, or better endurance, but I think I came out with a good balance for all three.

Ah I didn't realize you were leveling this. All my toons are automatically lvl 50 when I roll them or so it seems the next day so all my builds are final builds meant to decimate any does in my paths at either lvl 50 or exemplared down.

So I can see why you can't slot the purples just yet.

7 hours ago, oedipus_tex said:

Nice build. [But . . . ]

My prior attempt at a build did go with Total Domination, Ice Mastery's Hibernate, Frozen Armor, and a well slotted Ice Storm.  But I just didn't have enough slots. 

And part of the concept of this character is Sleep with Classic Sandman/Neil Gaiman Sandman/Marvel's Nightmare costumes.  So I needed all the sleeps.  I would have loved to have taken Total Domination and six slotted it, and thrown more slots into Flash Arrow, Glue Arrow, Mesmerize, Levitate, Entangling Arrow, and keep that deliciously slotted Ice Storm that would have done tons of damage.  But I only have so many powers and slots.  I had Total Dom on the prior build but I decided I preferred the slots to the power.  Telekinesis is just there as a final one hit wonder pick.

One of the benefits of Scorpion Shield, other than the defense, is that you can pick it without any prerequisites

I might have to reconsider my mass hypnosis slotting.  I had forgotten that recent change.  Mids still allows the slotting of acc and obviously the sets include accuracy.  But it might be worth using those slots elsewhere.

I am now level 21 and it's been fun.  I can Flash and Sleep large groups then pick a few off at a time with my other attacks and a confused helper.  It's slow but fairly safe.

• Like 1

Trick Arrow is super tight. The one power I tend to sacrifice is Glue Arrow. Though It's a fine power leveling up, Oil Slick Arrow also has -Run Speed so on most Controllers I find it losing value over time in the competition for all the clicks Trick Arrow has.   

I hope you don't mind that I wanted to offer you some alternatives to consider. TA and Mind Control are both sets that benefit a lot from Power Boost, so I wanted to see how that could factor in. This is what I posited to show some comparisons. The screenshots below show values in and out of the Power Boost window.

EDIT: Just looked at this build again and realized I accidentally dropped kb protection when editing it. So that would probably need to be fixed in the final build.

image.thumb.png.40eb00b9bbc5a8ef6443c807d4ab13d5.png

image.thumb.png.6b0f48be3411dc1ec7b705d4d7eb7c58.png

Also, here is Flash Arrow with Power Boost. Against same level enemies, your team and all pets are capped to everything. Against +3s its a 27 point defense bonus. Against +3 AVs, who resist about half, its a about a 13.5% Defense boost.

image.png.1c24cbfd6763e5481ee12a49bddcf2ef.png

If you should get ambushed and aren't fast enough to fire a Flash Arrow into the group, you can hit Power Boost and be soft capped to Ranged defense for 15 seconds while you plan your next move. Also, since you are hitting Power Boost with every alpha breaker, you're further protected against mob retaliation, allowing you fire powers indiscriminately into enemy packs.

If all that fails you still have 66% Slash/Lethal resist. During AV fights where you are within an EMP arrow field, you add 11.5% resist to that, which brings you to 77.5% resist, a bit over the resistance cap of 75% for trollers. That will probably keep you alive longer than just capped S/L defense. 

Anyway just some options for you to consider. Thanks for sharing your build and your design process. It sounds like your character will be a lot of fun.

image.png

Level 50 Technology Controller
Power Pool: Concealment
Ancillary Pool: Primal Forces Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Mesmerize -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(5), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7)
Level 1: Entangling Arrow -- TraoftheH-Acc/Rchg(A), TraoftheH-EndRdx/Immob(7), TraoftheH-Acc/EndRdx(9), TraoftheH-Acc/Immob/Rchg(9), TraoftheH-Dam%(11), TraoftheH-Immob/Acc(11)
Level 2: Dominate -- GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(A), GldNet-Dam%(17), NrnSht-Dam%(17), Apc-Dam%(19), Apc-Dmg(19), GldJvl-Dam%(21)
Level 4: Flash Arrow -- CldSns-ToHitDeb(A), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(21), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(23), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(23)
Level 6: Confuse -- MlsIll-Acc/Rchg(A), MlsIll-EndRdx/Conf(25), MlsIll-Acc/EndRdx(25), MlsIll-Conf/Rng(27), MlsIll-Acc/Conf/Rchg(27)
Level 8: Mass Hypnosis -- FrtHyp-Plct%(A)
Level 10: Ice Arrow -- IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(A), HO:Endo(29), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(29), UnbCns-Dam%(31), GldNet-Dam%(31), NrnSht-Dam%(31)
Level 12: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(33)
Level 16: Poison Gas Arrow -- CaloftheS-Heal%(A)
Level 18: Total Domination -- SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(A), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(33), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(34), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(34)
Level 20: Acid Arrow -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), TchofLadG-%Dam(36), PstBls-Dam%(36), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(36), ShlBrk-%Dam(37)
Level 22: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(37), Ksm-ToHit+(37), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(39)
Level 24: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 26: Terrify -- Rgn-Knock%(A), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(39), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(40)
Level 28: Disruption Arrow -- PwrTrns-+Heal(A)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Mass Confusion -- CrcPrs-Conf%(A), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(40), CrcPrs-Conf(42), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(42), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(42), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(43)
Level 35: Oil Slick Arrow -- Artl-End/Rech/Rng(A), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(43), Artl-Acc/Dam(43), Artl-Dam/End(45), Artl-Dam/Rech(45), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(45)
Level 38: EMP Arrow -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(46), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(46), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(46)
Level 41: Conserve Power -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 44: Energy Torrent -- PstBls-Dam%(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(48), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(48), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(50), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(50)
Level 47: Temp Invulnerability -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-ResDam(50)
Level 49: Power Boost -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(13), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(13)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PwrTrns-+Heal(A), PrfShf-End%(15), PwrTrns-EndMod(15)
Level 50: Intuition Radial Paragon 
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|MxDz;1412;683;1366;HEX;|
|78DA6593594F135114C7EF74A6144ACB56B0EC4B5B16010B75C157152141212191F|
|8E2526B99C2C4D269A665A9EF7E057189EB83221835D1A0AF3E9A884F2E1F40A34F|
|2A01E5CDD4C3FCCF6509379DFEE69E7BCE3DFF73CF9D91B9939E4462F09850CAFA9|
|3B14C26DA6FA6B296994CEA967B4C8F4FA6CCA43991139BC3454FD3F6B2F40C8F18|
|A97139A9DBB17E623A91088F5946FC4AF4B86599B3C23B6A92FBA03131993552136|
|E7B7626ADEBE3E5F6EB506AC6C818978DA491CD796CCBB01E4B9367ED40DA888747|
|2D632A968C0E9A565CCF44476299AC6EE5AA4953809E0585FE145B66DE29EE10229|
|A703C64DE05B507CC7B60C17DD0DA157C5DC1E23C587883790B74DF66DE0417098A|
|0C56A6602C1B50C118CD1B34511171D8F38A6EB0B21BEB195A56395855BF3A6CE7C|
|AEFE0BE6FCC1FE012393AD95973AE2153F53AF30F58FB97B9013E25B83848B8CE21|
|FD34198A046B2E2A71DAC6FA3E9A6AAAA8E71A1A87E0DCC8B534722D0EBA07C5A83|
|82F8AAFC12940462FA751BC5D38D766E60C2D944A0DA5EFB0FD3342B93CB7F225E4|
|685E643E025B1E3317984FC0590AF4C9A3F0BD250D3E4D0457A025F80669830E141|
|62A506DE15ED258250FBBAA0A3242EBD831F44FD84E6DA73157C9D92F35FBFD28FD|
|39A146A6AD398A746D7DCC2360FB61E621708E02EAE44E751B1AAE206DDF208D0DA|
|CE505A149B6A529C6DB5C02F79F675E605E043BA3608E8203F23C038528BDD3C554|
|C16E8DE96416805729B09533ABAD1F71DF0E7C627E667E01DFD3097548ED1DDCE33|
|58F105D527B1777A0E7357399F90A8CBC6472875668C7B0BC3DE183E840A407FC40|
|E895E97A395DBD26E4C8D38FC6A6B22D537E78EFFAA8263F723229B6E9A77BFBC36|
|7AFDF3B4C0E718ADEDA35E1698114CF5934EAD7DEB8D55D71DCE59279F4A66415F3|
|FCD6D0FC6460F7FC7F5F0AE059|
Edited by oedipus_tex
  • Like 1

I'm at level 47 now and have found that I am safer alone than with groups, which seems counter intuitive.  But when I'm solo, it's easier to keep track of who's asleep or otherwise held and concentrate on those that aren't.  On teams nothing stays asleep for more than an instant, if that long, but the sleep attack still seems to draw plenty of aggro.

It remains a fun character who is relatively weak in damage, but strong in control and debuff.  But it still puts out enough damage that I have been soloing at +0/x8 from the high 30s and was at +0/x5 from the mid 20s.  That's more than strong enough for me.