Why is Savage better on stalker?

thegee

Good to know. I've gotten my first stalker up to 17, Savage Melee/Ninjitsu. Liking it so far, quite a bit actually that I created a Psi Melee/Willpower Stalker (but not sold on the Psi Melee, seems Boggle is completely skippable) as well. Just want to make sure that I skip sets that are better off on Scrappers or Brutes. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Rikis said:

Is there a melee set that is certifiable worst on Stalker than the other melee ATs?

I think Stalker MA & EN are the worst version of those sets. Energy Melee is bad already, but on Stalker it replaces the set's only AOE with AS. Hard to say that's anything but a downgrade. MA's in the same boat, but I don't hear as much about that set & I've never played MA myself, so I can't say how much of a loss that one is.

17 minutes ago, Riverdusk said:

Claws and Martial Arts leap to mind.  Pretty much for the reason @Without_Pause says.  Losing spin from claws is a crime and MA just loses all its aoe entirely.

I'll add on that Stalker Claws looses Follow Up in favor of BU & I'm not sure it gains anything for that trade. So I'd probably throw Claws in as another worse version.