Allow Wormhole to work on lvl 54 Bosses

pwntoon

54 minutes ago, pwntoon said:

@Vanden that's really encouraging to hear. If the team needs any help testing, I'm absolutely on board.

@Solarverse if you start a suggestion/thread about Dimension Shift, I'll absolutely participate. I never take that power and would love to see it tweaked. At least one other private server has changed the way that power works and it looks much more exciting than its vanilla behavior

It wasn't my own thread, apparently it was on another thread similar though.

When I first read the patch notes recently, I thought Fold Space was the Group Recall power from the live days. I now see that it's a group foe teleport. Really neat power!

I tried it out on the Beta and notice it, too, cannot move bosses more than +2 my level. Maybe there is enough interest to fix both of these powers' teleport mechanics before Fold Space goes live?

1 hour ago, pwntoon said:

When I first read the patch notes recently, I thought Fold Space was the Group Recall power from the live days. I now see that it's a group foe teleport. Really neat power!

I tried it out on the Beta and notice it, too, cannot move bosses more than +2 my level. Maybe there is enough interest to fix both of these powers' teleport mechanics before Fold Space goes live?

Your test results make sense. Fold Space has all the same TP numbers Wormhole has, just a PBAoE version.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

If anything Wormhole, and Warshades TP for power should be able to work on a lvl 54 boss. If they wanted the teleport pool powers slightly weaker than that I could deal with it as primary/secondary powers are supposed to be stronger than a pool power.

That said let's allow them all to work on 54 bosses, and have an IO that increases TP magnitude to counter balance the IO's that add teleport protection.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later

Since most of the chatter seems to be around unintended effects of raising the Teleport magnitude, I decided to roll a toon on Thunderspy, since they've changed Wormhole to have a magnitude 10 teleport. They've actually re-worked Gravity Control in a lot of ways which are great, but I digress.

I can at least say that wormhole does work on bosses more than +2 your level. In fact I could Teleport 54's while I was SK'd to 49. I need to pop a few yellows but it works 😉

It doesn't work on AVs

It doesn't work on Objects such as Rikti Pylons or Artillery Guns/Turrets like the ones in Striga, 

It doesn't work on Giant Monsters or Monsters

Everything I notice is just anecdotal. I don't know if they've coded anything else special. 

If we could bump up the mag up on the QA server, I'd be down to test it on various things.

• Like 2

On 10/26/2020 at 10:59 AM, Bopper said:

Your test results make sense. Fold Space has all the same TP numbers Wormhole has, just a PBAoE version.

Why not buff these powers to make them MAG 5.1 teleport instead of MAG 4, We don't think it'll have that much of the drawbacks, unless there're turrets or immovable pylon with MAG 4.1 TP protection?

Edit: tested on Private Server and it reilly worx

Edited by Purrfekshawn

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

• 2 weeks later
On 10/26/2020 at 6:30 AM, SeraphimKensai said:

If anything Wormhole, and Warshades TP for power should be able to work on a lvl 54 boss. If they wanted the teleport pool powers slightly weaker than that I could deal with it as primary/secondary powers are supposed to be stronger than a pool power.

That said let's allow them all to work on 54 bosses, and have an IO that increases TP magnitude to counter balance the IO's that add teleport protection.

this !

at the very least, wormhole and the warshade version of fold space should work on all bosses. 

• 8 months later
  • 1 year later

Please, please, please, with sugar and caramel on top, allow Wormhole to work on +4 bosses.  Wormhole is one of Gravity Control's signature powers.  A lot of groups like to run everything at +4, and when I'm teamed with them on my Gravity Control/Darkness Affinity Controller main, one of my signature powers is almost useless.

• Like 4

• 7 months later
  • 10 months later

Been maining Grav for a year or two and this is definitely the set's biggest pitfall when it comes to its focus on positional control. The suggestions in this thread to allow power boost effects to affect teleport magnitude are pretty solid if raising the base magnitude is out of the question. Maybe adding a teleport magnitude adjustment to the Control Hybrid would make that hybrid see more usage, if only for grav users?

(although don't let me distract from the simple change of the base magnitude - apparently Thunderspy did this and it works as expected with bosses and not on unintended stuff)

Edited by fiend
  • Thumbs Up 1