Patch Notes for August 23, 2019

Number Six

• City Council

Input

• Fixed ability for the game to distinguish between the right shift and left shift keys
  • Fixed Num Lock and Pause/Break being swapped in key bindings (Windows itself has this backwards for some reason)
  • Added special handling to make bindings with Shift+Number Pad keys work (more fun legacy MS-DOS leftovers)
  • Controllers in rawinput mode will now properly report D-Pad directions
  • Added button debounce for rawinput mode to handle hardware with noisy button switches
  • Reduced analog stick dead zone for XBox controllers in native (XInput) mode

Mission Architect

• Stability enhancements for searches of AE missions; should hopefully prevent the crashes that were happening yesterday

Rewards

• Fixed special enhancement rewards not dropping when exemplared (mostly affected Summer Blockbuster event and DfB)
  • Fixed reward flags that were preventing merits and other rewards from dropping in some circumstances
  • The reward fixes were applied as a hotfix yesterday, but may not have affected all outdoor zones until this morning's restart
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, PhoenixForce said:

Cannot play anymore in other than safe mode... my PS4 joystick doesn't respond normally : toon keeps turning left even if I change key mapping...

(Windows 10)

The PS4 D-Pad inputs were also broken by this patch...

For now, I'd suggest using the SCPTool PS4 controller driver. SCPTool emulates an XBox controller which bypasses the problem.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for patch, always good to see 🙂

But what's wrong with the patch forum? https://forums.homecomingservers.com/forum/58-patch-notes/ Is there any point in having patches in the annoucements? Might as well do away with the patch forum. 

deja vu....

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

3 hours ago, Lunchmoney said:

Thanks for patch, always good to see 🙂

But what's wrong with the patch forum? https://forums.homecomingservers.com/forum/58-patch-notes/ Is there any point in having patches in the annoucements? Might as well do away with the patch forum. 

deja vu....

They'll probably move them there once they're old news.  This is a big update so they're probably trying to make it obvious for people who don't use the forums a lot.

On 8/23/2019 at 1:32 PM, PhoenixForce said:

my PS4 joystick doesn't respond normally : toon keeps turning left even if I change key mapping...

Sounds like an issue with your controller.  My X360 controller does the same thing, I have to (using Steam) go in and define a very LARGE dead zone for the rightt analog stick, to prevent a similar problem (the camera slowly spins right and upwards).

Edit for clarity: I mean, using the controller for games other than City of Heroes.  I play CoX with keyboard-and-mouse.

Edited by PaxArcana

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

• City Council

I have some experience with PS4 controller issues under Windows. I know SCPTool was mentioned earlier in this thread, but I've had no luck using that to turn a DS4 into XInput. I've had marginally more luck using DS4Windows, but that is also quite flaky (at least over Bluetooth; wired is probably more reliable).

My personal suggestion is (if you have Steam and are inclined to poke around with settings):

1. Add City of Heroes: Homecoming to Steam as a non-Steam game (you'll need to dig at the Tequila settings to get the exact executable and launch arguments)

2. Configure your PS4 controller through Steam

3. Launch City of Heroes: Homecoming through Steam

You _may_ also be able to solely use the Steam driver for your DS4 and not have to launch CoH directly through it, but I haven't tried that.

> Fixed ability for the game to distinguish between the right shift and left shift keys

This is excellent. Can you get that working with the 'alt' keys as well? Right alt seems constantly bound to the function that pops up two extra hotbars, even when I set something else to do that.