Proc in ST attack affecting non-targeted mob

Cutter

So I've been leveling an SR/Rad, and noticed an odd behaviour that I've not seen elsewhere. I slotted the +KD prestige enhancement into Contaminated Strike. On numerous occasions I've hit a mob with CS, and an adjacent (non-targeted) mob will randomly fall down. It's happened when I attack both contaminated and non-contaminated mobs. Has it always been the case that procs in ST attacks can affect non-targeted mobs, because gauntlet? Or is it a by-product of Rad Melee's contamination mechanic attempting to spread the love when it shouldn't? I've never seen this on any other characters (including a couple other tanks) so I'm led to speculate that it's a weird Rad Melee thing. Anyone have insight into this?

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

1 hour ago, Haijinx said:

Probably related to gauntlet.

I think it's a rad melee thing. I've noticed the same behavior on my rad melee scrapper. It's especially funny when you slot the chance for hold from the melee winter set and end up having a couple enemies you didn't even attack suddenly end up in a block of ice.

• Thanks 1

Hmmm, might have to revisit my build and go proc-happy with it!

11 hours ago, Haijinx said:

TBH tankers could use a break, so don't see the issue.

And yes, I'd agree here. Makes me wonder if the effect couldn't be proliferated to other tanker ST attacks. Would be an interesting angle.

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

6 hours ago, Cutter said:

Hmmm, might have to revisit my build and go proc-happy with it!

And yes, I'd agree here. Makes me wonder if the effect couldn't be proliferated to other tanker ST attacks. Would be an interesting angle.

Keep in mind Nihilli  has some annecdottal evidence that it is set based not gauntlet based.

That said.  It might work in a lot of RAD melee attacks.

So probably? Doesn't apply to anyone but Rad melee.

But lots and lots of procs for AOE goodness sounds awesome

On 8/24/2019 at 3:27 PM, Haijinx said:

Keep in mind Nihilli  has some annecdottal evidence that it is set based not gauntlet based.

It works in my Brute. It's hard to tell, but I think it's a byproduct of the Contaminated mechanic. When you hit an enemy with Contaminated, it deals damage to nearby enemies - and that damage carries any procs on the original single target power.

For example, I have Force Feedback in my Radioactive Smash. If I hit an un-Contaminated target, the chance to proc is fairly small. If I hit a Contaminated target, it rises to around 50%. The same sort of thing happens with my other procs. My Contaminated Strike has a chance to hold, so I'll get little ice blocks around nearby minions with I hit a Contaminated target. The other procs (can't recall which they were - think Lady Grey and Hecatomb) also splash around.

• Thanks 1

Sounds like Rad Melee farmers just got a little more powerful.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

1 hour ago, Redlynne said:

Well there's a good power to slot the Entomb proc into ...

The chance to hold is from the Winter set I slotted into the power - it can't slot Entomb. Moreover, the only reason I slot that proc (which isn't actually that great - MAG 2 like most such procs) is that I need it to complete the 6-set bonus.