Earth/Storm build?

s3ri0us

This is a great thread, very helpful.  Quick question,

Does the -res proc not stack from separate sources? I have it in 4 powers on my Dark/Storm and I don't believe that it does. But the mobs are forever debuffed. Is it worth slotting it in four powers, or should I tune it back? I try to solo as much as I can and I don't really want to spend the inf to diverge into separate builds for solo and team play. Not while leveling anyway, and I don't want to Pl beyond the Storm pets. Haven't ever played a toon with 4 pets!

Freedom toons:

Illuminata

Phoebros

Mim

Ogrebane

23 minutes ago, cejmp said:

This is a great thread, very helpful.  Quick question,

Does the -res proc not stack from separate sources? I have it in 4 powers on my Dark/Storm and I don't believe that it does. But the mobs are forever debuffed. Is it worth slotting it in four powers, or should I tune it back? I try to solo as much as I can and I don't really want to spend the inf to diverge into separate builds for solo and team play. Not while leveling anyway, and I don't want to Pl beyond the Storm pets. Haven't ever played a toon with 4 pets!

I don't know which proc you're talking about, but it probably doesn't matter. It is my understanding that it does not stack from other sources. So once an enemy is debuffed by, let's say Achille's, it will not be debuffed further by anyone else's Achille's (it will refresh the duration, though).

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

As I understand, several of the -Res "procs", including the Tanker Bruising effect, aren't direct debuffs from you to the target. Instead, they trigger the target to cast the debuff on itself. This has two corrolaries:

1) Because it's the target casting the same debuff on itself, it will only refresh rather than stack.

2) Because the source of the debuff is the same as the target, the debuff is always at even level... so if you're 48 and trigger Achilles Heel on a level 50 mob, the debuff should be -20% rather than -16%.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Coyote said:

2) Because the source of the debuff is the same as the target, the debuff is always at even level... so if you're 48 and trigger Achilles Heel on a level 50 mob, the debuff should be -20% rather than -16%.

I am not sure if this is happening. I have screenshots that show otherwise. But my understanding was the same as yours, so I wonder why this is not the case.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

That would be really weird. I haven't looked at the Homecoming database, but when Red Tomax had the site up, I recall seeing the Bruised power as an automatic self -Res power, and the Tanker attack as granting it to the target. So I don't know how you could even set it up to be affected by the level of the mob that granted the power to the target.

In addition, that brings up an interesting question: what happens if you have a -2 character triggering Achilles Heel on a target that was already affected by AH from a +2 character? If they all affect the target as if they were +0, then it wouldn't matter, but if they are affected by level, could you actually diminish the debuff effect upon a target?

14 minutes ago, Coyote said:

That would be really weird. I haven't looked at the Homecoming database, but when Red Tomax had the site up, I recall seeing the Bruised power as an automatic self -Res power, and the Tanker attack as granting it to the target. So I don't know how you could even set it up to be affected by the level of the mob that granted the power to the target.

In addition, that brings up an interesting question: what happens if you have a -2 character triggering Achilles Heel on a target that was already affected by AH from a +2 character? If they all affect the target as if they were +0, then it wouldn't matter, but if they are affected by level, could you actually diminish the debuff effect upon a target?

That is a great question. Perhaps a GM/developer could clear that one up. 

1 hour ago, Coyote said:

As I understand, several of the -Res "procs", including the Tanker Bruising effect, aren't direct debuffs from you to the target. Instead, they trigger the target to cast the debuff on itself. This has two corollaries:

1) Because it's the target casting the same debuff on itself, it will only refresh rather than stack.

I jumped on to Test (getting a lot of mileage on that server today) to check on this. Currently both the Tanker Bruising effect on the T1 ability, and both the Achilles and the Fury proc are both scaled based on level to the target. I punched a level 46, got -31%, punched a level 53, got -13%. Of course, not a convenient way for me to have another Tank punch something to see what happens to the proc after the fact cause... that's a bit trickier to set up.

• Like 1

• City Council
3 hours ago, Coyote said:

As I understand, several of the -Res "procs", including the Tanker Bruising effect, aren't direct debuffs from you to the target. Instead, they trigger the target to cast the debuff on itself. This has two corrolaries:

Bruising is a direct debuff on the target, and combat modifiers from level differences apply.

I believe it may have been the hacky grantpower trick at some point in the past - back before the engine had the more advanced stacking rules like Collective and key-based stacking - but that approach had a number of problems of its own. Bruising still won't stack with the same effect from another player, it will be replaced by the latest application of it.

The Achilles' Heel proc is similar. It's a direct debuff, but won't stack from multiple casters. It's a different stacking key than Bruising though, so it will stack with that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm going to call this a win.

and i think i may have gotten two people confused so i'm going to apologise to coyote.

Sorry

As for Earth/storm like i said before i don't just use freezing rain, i use a combo of powers which stacks up to 12 procs firing on 1 mob which gives you a much better chance of doing a lot of damage.

And freezing rain can have 5 procs.

So you can have quite a few dead mobs or mobs in half health before you even start with storm or any other powers.

In my tests i've killed everything from around a corner and never even shown my face.

So i'd like people to try the combo of quicksand,freezing rain,earth quake,volcanic gases with max procs and report back just so people know.

We are the "collective"

We will add your biological and technological proc knowledge to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

sorry bad pun.

Edited by Chelsea Rorec
  • Like 2

• 1 year later
On 8/25/2019 at 12:11 PM, Falsey said:

Here's something I've put together. Overall you'll get:

• Soft capped defenses to S/L AND ranged (technically it's 44,9%, but I'll count that as soft capped), mkay?)
  • Great recharge to feed your stormy goodness
  • A few awesome procs that will provide more control, more -res debuffs and more recharge
  • Hasten will be perma (it's currently 4 seconds off) if you go with Ageless Destiny (you really should)
  • At least 2 lightning storms and 2 tornados will be up all the time
  • A very handy heal/+MaxHP or those "oh-sh!t" moments

Side notes:

You can replace the ragnarok set which a positron's blast until you can afford the purple set.

The Panacea enhancement in Earth's Embrace is just for when/if you can afford it. Until then you can use a normal heal IO.

Some people (like me) actually do find uses for Snow Storm. If you want it in the build, drop Thunder Clap and move the slots into Fissure.

If you are still leveling, you should bid on the most expensive enhancements right now. Just bid for 1/3 or less of the price and once you get to 50 you'll have gotten a few of them for cheap.

Yes, I know I'm pulling up an old thread, but hopefully Falsey is still around and can answer a question.

With this build, do you have issues with knockback by Lightning Storm? I don't see anything in there to mitigate it, so was curious.

Thank you!

Can't speak for @Falseybut I never found it all that problematic on my Earth/Storm's back on Live.  Two things probably contributed heavily.  First I tended to use Stone Cages fairly freely and second typically fighting up level mobs which naturally reduces knockback magnitude (sometimes turning it into kd).  And, of course, using positioning as much as possible (into walls, corners, etc.).

On 9/23/2020 at 11:01 PM, Coyote said:

Remember that Earth Control's Immobilize powers convert Knockback to Knockdown.

And exactly why I mentioned spamming Stone Cages above.  I also tend to build my Earth/Storm's as stunners (Stalagmites, Thunderclap and Fissure).  Stonecages helps keep the stunned foes in place as well.  IIIRC the -kb is of shorter duration than the Immobilize, but given how fast teams in particular destroy even +4 mobs that's rarely an issue either.

• Like 1

I had a 53 e/s troller on live, and in my opinion, it's not a solo class. The amount of stupid damage enhancements you'll have to use for real clearing is just counterintuitive. Earth /storm is crowd control. It's what they're best at, and when you mod it that way, it makes groups boring because everything is stunned, immobilized, held, or flopping around like a fish.

Ridiculous CC, terrible damage. 

On 9/23/2020 at 12:19 AM, WillParkinson2 said:

Yes, I know I'm pulling up an old thread, but hopefully Falsey is still around and can answer a question.

With this build, do you have issues with knockback by Lightning Storm? I don't see anything in there to mitigate it, so was curious.

Thank you!

Hey there! Here's my experience in a nutshell:

1) LS knockback is hardly annoying to anyone at all as it only knocks back 1-2 enemies
2) If you place LS correctly (jump and place it a bit higher, or even right on top of mobs), the knockback distance can be minimized or even neglected
3) As the others have said, they've added -kb to all immobilizes in game which means you'll be able to turn any knockback into very team friendly knockdown with ease

• Like 2

Warning: This post may contain an opinion.

• 8 months later
On 9/6/2019 at 9:54 AM, Chelsea Rorec said:

This build will change your life.

I used to herd and farm with this build before the shutdown and you really don't have to use animated stone that much.

Infact when i used to farm i never use the pet at all.

Proc monster

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.2
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Natural Controller
Primary Power Set: Earth Control
Secondary Power Set: Storm Summoning
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Stone Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Fossilize -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(3), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(5), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(5), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(7)
Level 1: Gale -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Stone Cages -- JvlVll-Acc/End/Rech(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), JvlVll-Dam%(7), TraoftheH-Dam%(9), PstBls-Dam%(9)
Level 4: Snow Storm -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 6: Quicksand -- ImpSwf-Dam%(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 8: Fly -- Flight-I(A)
Level 10: Steamy Mist -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(11), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(11), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(25), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(25), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(34)
Level 12: Stalagmites -- Stp-Acc/Stun/Rchg(A), Stp-Acc/Rchg(13), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(13), PstBls-Dam%(15), RzzDzz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(15), RzzDzz-Acc/Rchg(37)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(50)
Level 16: Freezing Rain -- RechRdx-I(A), PstBls-Dam%(17), JvlVll-Dam%(17), ImpSwf-Dam%(21), TchofLadG-%Dam(21), ShlBrk-%Dam(31)
Level 18: Earthquake -- RechRdx-I(A), TchofLadG-%Dam(19), ExpStr-Dam%(19)
Level 20: Hurricane -- EndRdx-I(A), EndRdx-I(37), ExpStr-Dam%(40)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(23), RechRdx-I(46)
Level 24: Super Speed -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 26: Volcanic Gasses -- RechRdx-I(A), JvlVll-Dam%(27), PstBls-Dam%(27), NrnSht-Dam%(29), Acc-I(29), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(31)
Level 28: Thunder Clap -- Stp-Acc/Rchg(A), Stp-Acc/Stun/Rchg(43)
Level 30: Air Superiority -- Acc(A)
Level 32: Animate Stone -- SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg(A), SvrRgh-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SvrRgh-Acc/EndRdx(33), SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SvrRgh-Acc(34), SvrRgh-PetResDam(34)
Level 35: Tornado -- CaltoArm-Acc/Rchg(A), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg(36), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), BldMnd-Dmg(37)
Level 38: Lightning Storm -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(39), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 41: Fissure -- JvlVll-Acc/Dmg(A), JvlVll-Dam/End/Rech(42), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(42), JvlVll-Dam/Rech(43)
Level 44: Seismic Smash -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(45), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(45), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Hct-Acc/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Rock Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(48), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(48)
Level 49: Earth's Embrace -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Containment
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(23)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), EndMod-I(43), EndMod-I(50), EndMod-I(50)
------------

This is an awesome build.  I checked around before I made my decisions with this and I made a few minor changes, but this build is great!  Thank you for your help! 

On 6/26/2021 at 3:49 AM, Greenmantle said:

This is an awesome build.  I checked around before I made my decisions with this and I made a few minor changes, but this build is great!  Thank you for your help! 

I remade my Earth/Storm on Excelsior and made a few changes.

It is up to 26 procs.

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Level 50 Natural Controller
Power Pool: Flight

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Fossilize -- SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(3), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(5), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(46)
Level 1: Gale -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Stone Cages -- JvlVll-Acc/End/Rech(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), JvlVll-Dam%(7), TraoftheH-Dam%(9), PstBls-Dam%(9), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(25)
Level 4: Snow Storm -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 6: Quicksand -- ImpSwf-Dam%(A)
Level 8: Fly -- HO:Micro(A)
Level 10: Steamy Mist -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(11), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(11), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(25)
Level 12: Stalagmites -- Stp-Acc/Rchg(A), Stp-EndRdx/Stun(13), Stp-Acc/EndRdx(13), Stp-Stun/Rng(15), Stp-Acc/Stun/Rchg(15)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 16: Freezing Rain -- Ann-ResDeb%(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(17), JvlVll-Dam%(17), ImpSwf-Dam%(21), TchofLadG-%Dam(21), ShlBrk-%Dam(31)
Level 18: Earthquake -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), TchofLadG-%Dam(19), ExpStr-Dam%(19)
Level 20: Hurricane -- HO:Enzym(A)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(23)
Level 24: Super Speed -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 26: Volcanic Gasses -- Ann-ResDeb%(A), JvlVll-Dam%(27), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(27), NrnSht-Dam%(29), GhsWdwEmb-Acc/Hold/Rchg(29), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(31)
Level 28: O2 Boost -- DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(A)
Level 30: Air Superiority -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(31), GldStr-Acc/Dmg(34), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(40), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), GldStr-%Dam(50)
Level 32: Animate Stone -- SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg(A), SvrRgh-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SvrRgh-Acc/EndRdx(33), SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SvrRgh-Acc(34), SvrRgh-PetResDam(34)
Level 35: Tornado -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(36), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(36), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(37)
Level 38: Lightning Storm -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(39), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(39), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), FrcFdb-Rechg%(40)
Level 41: Fissure -- JvlVll-Acc/End/Rech(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(42), JvlVll-Dam%(42), ExpStr-Dam%(42), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(43), PstBls-Dam%(50)
Level 44: Seismic Smash -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(45), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(45), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Hct-Dam%(46)
Level 47: Rock Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def(48), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(48)
Level 49: Earth's Embrace -- Pnc-Heal/Rchg(A), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(23), Pnc-Heal/+End(43)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(37), EndMod-I(37)
Level 50: Diamagnetic Interface
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon
Level 50: Portal Jockey
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion
Level 50: Task Force Commander
------------

• 1 month later
On 9/6/2019 at 4:15 PM, Sir Myshkin said:

This looks pretty solid, but I'd highly encourage trying to get Hurl Boulder in there as your last power pick. If you think you can get away with not using Tactics, then swap that placement with Combat Jumping and use the last slot for Hurl, or consider tossing out Volcanic Gasses. Even in best-case scenario, that power will still take 70/s recharge, and in my experience that tends to end up making a power something people glaze over because it has such a long timer. It's not a bad power, it is a great "oh crap" utility with a ton of bonus damage with the procs, but do evaluate your use of the ability. If you end up leaving it on the shelf more than pouring it over your enemies, maybe skipping that bottle of awesome is in order.

If you swapped out Tactics and Volcanic for Thunderclap and Hurl Boulder, you have plenty of slots to toy with in the result, and Thunderclap would give you an ability to stack disorients on Stalagmites so it'll double-up to Mag 5 and kick out lieuts and less-resisted bosses, which'll be just like a Hold effect for you at that point. In fact, a 4-set of Overpowering Presence with the Energy Font proc is a great way to manipulate Thunderclap, get your "hold" effect on faster notice, and keep some of the damage aspect by summoning a Font every 13 seconds.

And, as for the whole Hurl Boulder thing, the reason I'm suggesting this is because you're going to have scenarios where you've only got a few meandering targets left, or heavy ST left overs like Bosses/EB/AV that popping proc-heavy AoE's isn't going to be effecient, and thus leave you with a lot of extra down time in between casts on Tornado/FR/LS. Seismic and Fossilize will have heavy gaps to deal with, and Hurl fills it well, and allows you to keep cycling FF+Rech procs. This is a really big deal because that proc helps keep your Tornado/FR/LS coming up faster, and Hurl has a sizable recharge, and animation time, so your probability will still be decent.

Hide contents

Hero Plan by Hero Hero Designer 2.23
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Soul of Gaia: Level 50 Magic Controller
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Fossilize -- GhsWdwEmb-Acc/EndRdx(A), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(3), GldNet-Dam%(3), GldJvl-Dam%(5), UnbCns-Dam%(5), NrnSht-Dam%(7)
Level 1: Gale -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), FrcFdb-Rechg%(9)
Level 2: Stone Cages -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(19), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(23), Rgn-Knock%(25), PstBls-Dam%(25)
Level 4: Boxing -- HO:Nucle(A)
Level 6: Quicksand -- TmpRdn-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(A)
Level 8: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(9)
Level 10: Steamy Mist -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(11), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(11), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(17)
Level 12: Stalagmites -- SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(13), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(15), PstBls-Dam%(17)
Level 14: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 16: Freezing Rain -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Earthquake -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/Rchg(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(21), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(27), DarWtcDsp-Rchg/EndRdx(27), FrcFdb-Rechg%(43)
Level 20: Hurricane -- EndRdx-I(A), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(21)
Level 22: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(23), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(37)
Level 24: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(34), HO:Ribo(40)
Level 26: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 28: Thunder Clap -- SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(29), SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprOvrPrs-Rchg/Energy Font(40)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(31), LucoftheG-Def(31)
Level 32: Animate Stone -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(33), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(33), SlbAll-Build%(34), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(34)
Level 35: Tornado -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(36), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(36), AchHee-ResDeb%(37), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(37)
Level 38: Lightning Storm -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Apc-Acc/Rchg(39), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Apc-Dam%(40), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(46)
Level 41: Fissure -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(42), FrcFdb-Rechg%(42), ExpStr-Dam%(42), Ann-ResDeb%(43), PstBls-Dam%(43)
Level 44: Seismic Smash -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), Hct-Dam%(45), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(45), TchofDth-Dam%(45), GldStr-%Dam(46), Mk'Bit-Dam%(46)
Level 47: Rock Armor -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(48), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 49: Hurl Boulder -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), GldJvl-Dam%(50), ExpStr-Dam%(50), FrcFdb-Rechg%(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- HO:Nucle(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- IntRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(31), Mrc-Rcvry+(48)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(7)
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |
		|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
		|MxDz;1471;693;1386;HEX;|
		|78DA65944D4F13511486EFED4C2D2D455A28142C85B6802DFDA245D48DD14444A24|
		|242D2C46D9D94E987B69DA62D89246A24C63FC0C67F601412970AEEFC1F6E8C0B17|
		|8AA0AC5CD5D3396F69934E421EEE7BCF7BCFC7CCEDC6D33BCE0F6BBBB78474AD94B|
		|54623BB62549B75A35CD6EBD60DAD50CA097A9C1963BB1C30F28135ADA4D9480874|
		|A33A86E4AA566F163BAB999E80DBDBF97C32D334EA956C66BB5231AAA56A410C6D1|
		|AE4B95B2A149BB47498AB4C4DD7B79CE6BFEBBA56237DB8B3D8D2EB8D62A936B25A|
		|2BE5DA6755F5EC86D668EAF59D092A679EFE9E4981A765158F69915685A502AE2A2|
		|6D53878CF62F28246FB7E553CEA7AA5F8AE9A7B03AF39E639ED499C2B97581B5906|
		|AF32C7AF3127AE8387C2A4A45929EC15CA0D82AA88177498159AF5A05D9F5D8428C|
		|E2639BF2DC6DE013047BA9DF714FB18F7E338E33E1C0F982E17EB2F0983A875F02D|
		|EF39DF81EF9917F7C1037851AB976A18425D435FB98F2D3A6F18DAB0598F5DEC92E|
		|6664D757FE238CF21F3D267F08819C50C75F28C62BEA341CEE7C19CDD94778CFBB3|
		|8CA1BF710F730E7D2914E3458C7789EB0E7AF9DD856FF25CC729669263C424CEC91|
		|37C9C57F14D70BE291F38C50CFB992AF9FDC8E1877F1AF9A751CF2BC20CE63B73C2|
		|BD054EC1BFE01933B8027EE37A0BE40DC11B8277F60F08EF2CBC735F88A344CCA82|
		|8F91B6F7BE7131C7339092E82296638CD4CC0FB8BD247E08D7C646DE108C4FB59D8|
		|E17CD11F5C6B14DFC43FA7103178637BEC89C7D813C7DD8A67693B4CF922EC4D3C6|
		|1EF312D93986712F35CC41C1731D79F1493C2FB49EDF3F969DCD1346A4AA3C6F6EB|
		|C21D150277C9DFD55AD1DEFD163D22D5A7A4FB942B7DCA729FB2DE56F065093B57B|
		|3A99EFF2A08E9E38EEDAEF3DBDE3A76D03E3C32C1FB275DCD2283DCE5F4434CE4BE|
		|34A7F8BBD71761DF695793F20D7EB9F698FF012E6DD8B6|
		|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

You should take a closer look at what Avilister is working towards. Your build sacrifices a ton of opportunity and doesn't have nearly the same level of damage capability. All those procs you have committed to Freezing Rain and Earthquake, as the game currently stands, are doing (basically) nothing. It's a fault of the game algorithm on rain type powers, and the patch abilities like earthquake, ice slick, and quicksand. You'd also get a lot of extra mileage out of your Storm abilities by getting a few Force Feedback +Rech procs in the build too.

Build higher global recharge bonuses and take your excess recharge enhancements out of your abilities and you'll get a significant increase in proc performance as well. That extra enhancement lowers your probability and negatively impacts anything with a 30/s or lower base recharge. Seismic Smash, when set up as a fully loaded Proc power, will hit for 500 points on its own. It's all about global bonuses, boosted ToHit to offset slotting limitations, and loading up on Procs. Controllers get a lot of mileage out of it.

@Sir Myshkin where would you be leaning for incarnates on this build? Having a lot of fun with it (even though I'm also trying to figure out controllers for the first time, lol).

• Like 1

On 8/22/2021 at 1:50 PM, Glowman said:

@Sir Myshkin where would you be leaning for incarnates on this build? Having a lot of fun with it (even though I'm also trying to figure out controllers for the first time, lol).

For me I'd likely end up playing this build very much the way I play Storm/Energy, which is to say right in the thick of things, but this one doesn't have the same benefit of end balance to be constantly spamming abilities so it kind of has to take Ageless to be consistent, unfortunately. Grabbing some extra damage out of Reactive or Degenerative to help boost performance are going to be a boon for a Controller here too, so I'd consider one of those, but don't be afraid of taking one of the other Interfaces that tosses out random effects because you'll be spamming a lot of pets and abilities that can rock a lot of triggers, a confuse interface might be amusing to test out. Past those two the rest are really up to you. Judgement is preference (personally favor a ranged tool like Ion or Pyre, but Vorpal has a Defense-inclusive option too). For Hybrid I'd suggest the Support Core as it adds a constant endurance discount while equipped, and when you fire it up it grants a nice little package of buffs that double up on pets (ie: Stony to toughen him up for an AV alpha)--I've been using this Hybrid on my Stormie for a while and find it rather useful.

Oh, and the Alpha, can't forget that: Intuition Radial, the +Damage inclusive one as it'll also come with hold, def debuff, range, and slow enhancement that'll impact a good variety of your other powers while getting that all important damage maximization.

• Like 1