Remove the 65% Pool attack debuff

The live devs wanted to discourage using Pool Powers as your main type of attack. You are punished for having them as a part of your attack chain by a 35% debuff to their damage. As a rule, they only inflict 65% of the damage a regular Powerset attack would inflict.

I would like to suggest removing this limitation.

Please discuss. I'm curious what the community thinks.

• Developer

There is no such penalty on pool attacks, they use the same recharge to damage formula all other attacks use.

The only pool power penalty is in endurance cost, they cost 25% more endurance than equivalent native powers do.

Epic pool powers do have a recharge penalty, all epic pool powers are supposed to have 2x the recharge of a native power, and 1.25x of the endurance.

None of this is changing, as it’s quite baked into the power design (and some epic powers are way too good even with the penalty in place.)

Edited by Captain Powerhouse
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

But what about my PowerPool Petless Mastermind?

Only half kidding. PowerPool Powers are good for filling in the gaps, but having them on-par with the best powers in kits will mean that PowerSets that sacrifice some damage for CC or other aspects would turn more towards PowerPools, decreasing Power Variation and flavor.

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

5 hours ago, Some Random User said:

The live devs wanted to discourage using Pool Powers as your main type of attack. You are punished for having them as a part of your attack chain by a 35% debuff to their damage. As a rule, they only inflict 65% of the damage a regular Powerset attack would inflict.

I would like to suggest removing this limitation.

Please discuss. I'm curious what the community thinks.

This community member disagrees with your proposal.  Pool powers are supposed to be filler not primary mode of dealing damage.

We need a sidekick at. Base health of a defender, base damage of a MM, end recovery bonus.

You can pick pool for primary and pool for secondary. You get 3 choices from any other Powerset.

Freedom toons:

Illuminata

Phoebros

Mim

Ogrebane